#11 I love me some Clay Aiken! He (soft) rocks *g*

Ansamcw

Next thread title poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• A big MWAH! and muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Clay is Clay. His instrument is undefinable
    • Indeed they are, my child. Clown feet." (Make me laugh, clown.'
    • *moan* *whimper* *thud*
    • An Evening With His Royal Highness of Fantasy Fodder. Coming to a venue near you soon.
    • Refresh, read, click the next tab; Refresh, read, click the next tab; lather, rinse, repeat. Insert random EEE's. Yeap, it's cellcert time again!
    • Aw, that man can blog me any ole time!
    • He's a unique treasure, no doubt. A pain in the ass sometimes, I'm sure. A blessing, plain and simple and one hawt man
    • Yes, I live under a rock....with Clay Aiken.

Every which way I imagined him coming was fantastic

Yes.

He's so quick with the wit and the humour, easy on the eyes, gives great aural sex, and seems so confident and happy. No matter what he wears or sings or how he enters in two weeks time, I'm open to all of him it

*whimper*

and the picture?

:Thud:

Oh, to have that man look at me like that...when we're not in a room full of a few thousand other hopefuls...Oh to be his microphone in that picture...Oh and in that clip didn't you just want to get on that stage and put your hand(s)over that bounty and just.....

just....

....and then....stare into his eyes while your fingers trace the zipper---first cupping the bottom, then aaaaa-lllll the way up and then down again...around...all the while watching his eyes and mouth, listening to his breaths catching with each pass of your fingertips over the strained fabric...waiting for the lipbite that tells you he's almost ready to throw you down and .....

:Thud:

Shaaazaayammm! When did this become a fanfic page? Whooo doggie, if I didn't know any better I'd swear ma thighs were singing to me

muski, WELL DONE you little smutter :clap:

Karen, forget the cigs honey and pass me an oxygen mask!11

Qoute: Ok I have searched and searched but I can't find a post where treenuts explained her screen name. I read everything..how did I miss this and why can't I find it?

couchie, here ya go -

"Not really except that I find "forbidden" things quite sensual and I love when he tells his "nuts" story(s)."

see my sigi

not much to it, huh? no wonder you missed it. hehe

And Thanks couchie for adding :wordpooper:

btw, if we want, can we change the words he's pooping?

I know, I know, SOME people are never satisfied... Give 'em an inch and they'll want a mile... The grass is always greener..... :wordpooper:

HEY, puddin'sjoy, what the heck! Courtin' me one minute then pullin' a "big love" on me the next? Whose sayin' I'd share anyway?

wonders off to ponder this for a bit....hmmmm....seems "fobidden" enough....

And my contribution to the muski fund:

I am nothing if not a fool for a stool ~ (from of the shed)

http://p201.ezboard.com/quotSex-on-a-Stool...picID=283.topic

Wow. His eyes are so green in that last picture. Do they look that beautiful in person? I've heard people comment on his lazer beams and green eyes before but most pictures don't show the color that well.

I was up close at the book signing in Chicago...must be the aiken fog..I dont remember...BUT the guy that was chosen to dance at Meadville at the JBT...talked about going back stage and meeting him...not only mentioned his charisma...but THE EYES.....he went on a bit....says he understood now......so my guess is yes they are that beautiful....

Just got lost over on youtube ...someone led me there...I swear! Chain of Fools and Signed Sealed and Delivered! YUM.... love growly Clay for one.....too early in the morning for how that makes me feel! lol....

Good Morning, FCA! :00000441:

I notice we have no birthdays at FCA today, but this would have been my mother's 96th. Thnx to her longevity genes, she lived to age 93. I recently wrote about Mama Mac in my Mother's Day blog, and she briefly slipped into a paragraph in my current entry. :openflower3:

I am a basketball enthusiast (nut, fanatic, etc.) who discovered a love for baseball during the College World Series three years ago. Carolina is in the finals again this year, so I have had to dust off my cheerleading skills. A couple of Nebraska Claymates have kept me posted from the Omaha games.

Clay connection? When the Tar Heels arrived in Omaha, they commented that the ball park smelled like Krispy Kreme doughnuts. :eusa_whistle:

IMO, as Jaymes once said, Clay knows exactly who he is musically. And I can't wait to see what's next! :Tour3:

JaMar, I'm with you -- this man if full of surprises, and I look forward to what's around the corner. I realize this fandom survives on extrapolation, and most of the time there's nothing wrong with that. I tend to scroll on by with one eye open. This is Clay's life and his career. I'm just happy to be along for the ride and to celebrate his successes!

:welcome:vjm -- glad to have you at FCA in the "newbie" car, too!

I look at something like that and wonder why anybody ever messes with his eyes in photos. They are exquisite just as they are. Ever changing, ever mesmerizing. GAHHHHH! Perfection!

ETA: You know, I think if I were ever on the receiving end of that look 'for real', I'd honest to god swoon.

Strolling through, I must agree these were awesome cold-shower photos, Cindilu2. Please don't stop! GAH!!! :medium-smiley-070:

Couch Tomato, I enjoyed reading about jazzersize. You just may inspire me to make a move ... toward the stationary bike or something. :cryingwlaughter:

Every year that I have a cath procedure -- and Tuesday marks the third in a row -- we are under a Mercury Retrograde. Crossing my fingers, there will be no problems. The results determine a possible trip to the Knoxville concert. :)

Y'all have a wonderful day! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Caro listen.gif

Edited by Carolina Clay

A pretty cool article about "Idol: the Musical" from the Raleigh News & Observer...

In this Off-Broadway musical, Clay's the Thing

When "Idol: The Musical" hits the stage in New York next month, Clay Aiken won't be there in person. But there will be a bust of Raleigh's hometown "American Idol" star onstage, and someone singing "Burnin' Hunk o' Clay" to it.

Yes, Aiken is coming to the theatrical stage, but only as inspiration. "Idol: The Musical" is billed as a musical farce about a "delusional group of 'Idol' fans in search of fame." It begins previews at New York's off-Broadway 45th Street Theatre on July 5.

Aiken himself is not involved with the project. Janice Riley, his personal assistant in Raleigh, declined to comment.

<snip>

"That just sounds over-the-top from beginning to end," says Paul Baragona, an Aiken fan from Raleigh. Still, early reactions on the Aiken message boards have been surprisingly upbeat.

"It does not attack anyone or anything in any way," says "Idol" producer Todd Ellis, who calls himself an Aiken fan. "It does look at the fan base of 'American Idol' and Clay, but also anything out there that people glom onto. It's a farce that looks at how America deifies the idols in our society."

Entire article is in the Fast Forward News Section as well.

So, does Clay have two assistants now? And will Janice work her way into laughn's world? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Caro, sending you good vibes for Tuesday. You WILL be at the Knoxville concert! (but I only drooled over the photos, I didn't post 'em).

On Idol: The Musical... I'm sure I remember reading a couple of reviews from people who had actually seen this in Syracuse and they didn't think it was too hard on Clay (heee...shuddup). Anybody? I keep having visions of this being a hit off-Broadway and becoming the Idol gens 'Rocky Horror Picture Show'. Can't you just see the audience in full 'mate regalia?

*swallows hard*

Okay, now I've gone and scared myself. :fca:

PS... am I the only person who thinks Clay's eyes are really on the green side of hazel? Actually I think they change depending on his emotion (my husband's did - swear to god, they could go from grey to green to blue in the course of an argument).

On Idol: The Musical... I'm sure I remember reading a couple of reviews from people who had actually seen this in Syracuse and they didn't think it was too hard on Clay (heee...shuddup). Anybody? I keep having visions of this being a hit off-Broadway and becoming the Idol gens 'Rocky Horror Picture Show'. Can't you just see the audience in full 'mate regalia?

I wanna see it. I promise to leave my tiara and deely-boppers at home, though. ;)

Sooooo...what are we gonna talk about today? Yesterday was great! Didn't get any work done at all....:P

Edited by luckiest1

Hey Jamar, I know Jaymes said this but can you remind of WHEN she said this?

IIRC it was one of the clayandr posts on the OFC, posted after she attended the JBT dress rehearsals.

'Course that was before Clay "outed" her in Greenville. Hee.

EEEEE! AND I WAS THERE! 6th ROW! BAYBEEE! :wub:

edited...I knew it was greensomewhere...

discovered a love for baseball during the College World Series three years ago. Carolina is in the finals again this year, so I have had to dust off my cheerleading skills. A couple of Nebraska Claymates have kept me posted from the Omaha games.

Oh is it that time of year again? *yawn*

:cryingwlaughter:

Okay...so you'd have to be from around here. We get a bit saturated with it. Actually all year. Not to mention that the City routinely prostitutes itself to the NCAA to keep the thing here. If they ever pull out there will be a mass suicide by the City PTB.

Irony alert. I love baseball, as you well know. I actually spent about a decade following the AAA team that calls the stadium home for most of the summer. But I just can't get excited for the CWS unless the Huskers are in it. I guess I reeeeeeealllly neeeeeeeeeeeeed to feel an emotional investmant before I drag my butt to a stadium and sit in the hot sun all day.

---

Now that may tell you something about the emotional investment that I have in Clay.

:welcome:vjm -- glad to have you at FCA in the "newbie" car, too!

:F_05BL17blowkiss: My dear friend! I can't wait to see her again in Cali!

----

w00t! My new washing machine comes today! How exciting. No? :cryingwlaughter:

Edited by jamar1700

Caro...good luck, hope all goes well!

Every time I watch I Run For Life.....I always smile when the pic of your mom and your daughter goes by!

Thnx, Rcknrllmom. I may have to hit you up for that Sendspace. I would love to restore that montage to my hard drive. No rush though. :)

Thnx for the good wishes, all. :wub:

Cindy, I like Clay's eyes just the way they are; and I meant ALL the pictures posted. Better work on my word skills, not to mention my proofreading technique! :lol:

Jamar, I do remember that baseball is your game. I've just never been into it. Now basketball -- that's another story. :eusa_whistle:

Caro listen.gif

Edited by Carolina Clay

A pretty cool article about "Idol: the Musical" from the Raleigh News & Observer...

In this Off-Broadway musical, Clay's the Thing

<snip>

Aiken himself is not involved with the project. Janice Riley, his personal assistant in Raleigh, declined to comment.

<snip>

So, does Clay have two assistants now? And will Janice work her way into laughn's world? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Another female with a name that starts with 'J'?!? I'm tellin' ya, the only female I'm counting on from now on is Raleigh! :cryingwlaughter:

I'm sure there's a skit a working it's way up to my brain..it just takes time to travel past my ample backside :imgtongue:

Edited by laughn

:TourExcite: :TourExcite: :TourExcite:

I finally made my decision on the T-Shirt thing and got it ordered. :allgood:

I ordered the one T-Shirt. The women's V-neck. I had cindi's DCAT 2007 logo on the front and had them put the "I did Clay in Tulsa between a Soft Rock and a Hard Place" on the back. So there. I killed two birds with one stone. Bwahaaa. Waiting for couchie to send the pin and I'm in business.

muski I feel your pain. I had a major leak in my water pipes awhile back. Our home is built on a concrete slab. So in order to fix any leaks in the pipes you have do dig up the concrete floor to get to the pipes. When the leak is fixed you then have to repair your floor. Our last leak was in the laundry room thank God. It is ceramic tile and a small area to replace. If it had been in another room with carpeting it would of been worse. We just had new carpeting put throughout the home recently. So {{{hugs}}} to you baby.

I still haven't had time to watch jojoct's video Treenuts, but I'm working on it.

couchie wrote:

Just word on that mini concert at Kimmel. I mean most of this fandom has only heard ATD, Without You from this album. Clay sang the snot out of all of those songs and it was just a wonderful wonderful night. I can't wait for everyone to hear more. Sorry may be his new WYSYLM as even before he sang that night he said something about forgetting the words and sure enough...damn I can't wait for the tour.

Hee! I was thinking about bringing something similar to this onto the board yesterday. During the NAT, it was WYSYLM; for the Christmas shows, it's generally MDYK. So, what will be the song that he will mess up consistently? It sounds like SSTBTHW has the edge at this point.

I too cannot wait for these shows, and think it will be a rockin' good time, even if much of the show is based on ballads. Shoot, I came up with the name for the tour, "Rockin' the Ballads" right after ATDW came out. I'm bummed that Clay didn't try to use that name, and give me credit. *g*

So...regarding M&Gs....should I be working the "power of positive thinking" angle, or the "I'm not going to get one" angle in order to get a M&G?

Great posts the past day or so. I've just been swamped at work, and then I'm away for most of the weekend myself. *sigh*

So...regarding M&Gs....should I be working the "power of positive thinking" angle, or the "I'm not going to get one" angle in order to get a M&G?

Hee. I went straight into the petty and juvenile "It will be the same 6 people that already have met Clay thirty-seven times each so why am I even bothering" sulking mode. I hoping to work my way up into actually being as mature as 12-year-old someday... :P

I'm working the "power of positive thinking" angle myself. I think I can, I think I can....so according to the OFC, the first round of M&G sign ups (Dallas - Chatauqua) ends June 28th, with the winners to be announced shortly afterwards. EEEEEE!!! that's less than a week away, and I've entered 3 of them! :Tour3:

Whoa! This thread's on speed! :Tour3:

Soooo...I get to spend the morning helping hubby move all the crap out of the laundry room and downstairs bathroom and dining room before the guys get here to tear up the floors and remove the water heater and toilet and vanity and washer and dryer and floors....FLOORS, people!

Then I'll need to go to work...the conference is only two weeks away and there's mucho to do-oh.

May I say that the "Sex on a Stool" page to which someone so kindly posted a link was very, very wonderful and I bookmarked that puppy. :Thud: Hours of entertainment.

I'm ashamed to say that homeowner's insurance won't help us this time....I'm too ashamed to say why.

So my younger daughter had a brilliant idea yesterday as I drove her to a friend's house to find refuge from the floor-ripping and other stuff at her own house. She said, "You could use the shower at the pool, Mom."

duh.

Our development has a pool and shower! So during the hours the pool is open (or the homeowner association office) we can get hot showers! :clap: Unfortunately, there are no washers and dryers there. Maybe I'll pile all the dirty clothes in the van tomorrow and sneak over to couchie's house between games for a load or two... :cryingwlaughter:

Now....what to do with the counter full of dirty dishes. :scream:

Gotta go, gals...have a good day and think of me....and just because I found a way to get a hot shower doesn't mean you have to stop posting pictures that make me require a cold one! :hubbahubba:

I am excited! A friend and I have just bought tickets for "Idol: The Musical" for July 11th. My birthday is the 10th and we decided this would be a fun way to spend my birthday, but the theatre is black on Monday and Tuesday, so we're doing it Wednesday. I think it will be hysterical!

Hmmmm. Clay is off that week. Maybe I'll keep my eyes open for a guy in a bucket hat....

Muski, glad you found a place to take a hot shower, but getting to the point of needing a cold one could have been way more fun!

One week from today will be the last day our business will be, well, in business. Sooooooooo much to still do, including finding out exactly what happens next. But, there are some interesting 11th hour developments in the works which, if all goes well, could result in something good for everyone - including a job for me. It wouldn't be the complete change I was hoping for, but it would be a little more money and a paycheck. I don't know how long I could have lasted on unemployment! Plus, I made it quite clear I needed certain dates off. If it all works out (which it still might not....), I wouldn't start until after the Philly concert and told him the dates I need off in August for the California 4-fer and the Florida 3-fer and he said no problem. So, even though I have some doubts about this, I am hoping it all works out. I should know early next week (the guy I have been talking to is away this week), so please send some good vibes my way and my father's way because they are in negotiations that could mean he would get something for this business.

Ok, I need to start throwing out more crap. This is so much fun - only not!

For muski in case you can't get to those hot showers for awhile.... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

HolyCrap.jpg

TasapioSweat31105938-M.jpg

Theeyesgah.jpg

JBTDarienLakes1049cpants2.jpg

facecloseup.jpg

clayjbtlooktasapio.jpg

CWflapzoomed.jpg

neck.jpg

WestPointlashes.jpg

P1030260_edited-3.jpg

Just bopping in to send good vibes to both Caro and Claygasm!!!!

Pictures? Did someone say picture? *g* OK, only two...I'm still gahing over CG's last round though...

This one is definitely one of my favorites....

aikenclayosix.jpg

And a nice closeup...

starsearchclay-closeup-WHOAH-1-1.jpg

Anybody want to play favourite tour memories? I posted this on a thread at the OFC today and thought I'd bring it over.

I have tons of great memories from tours gone by. I hope to have tons more by the end of this summer! A few favourites....

AI2 tour (Buffalo) and Clay coming out to sing Invisible in a jersey. Everyone around me sat down because they had no idea what was going on but I was standing and singing and waving my glowstick like mad. LOL. I must have looked like a nut but I was in 7th heaven.

IT tour (Winston Salem) and discovering just how great our 10th row centre seats were, when Clay sang I Survived You at the end of the catwalk. I am not quite sure how I even survived it!

NaT (Greensboro) at the buses, and Clay walking towards the people all lined up behind the rod iron fence. He made a beeline for my daughter who was wearing a Carolina Tar Heels shirt and took both her hands. Then when his bus pulled out he blew us a kiss.

NaT (Syracuse) and I finally got to see the glasses in person. Be still my heart.

NaT (Raleigh) and little Brianna came up on stage to sing with him. Just the way he looked at her blew me away.

JBT (Cary) when he debuted A Thousand Days. Just thrilling to be in the audience for that.

JBT (Clio) when he said "God forbid the clack skip around" and the place went nuts. That was a magical night - it felt like we were all in his living room.

JBT (Meadville) when he sang When A Man Loves A Woman during Stump The Band. What a special night that was.....I was so happy I'd made the (last minute) decision to drive there and witness it in person.

JBT (Toronto) when he sang Oh Canada. I thought my heart would burst out of my chest with pride. And then he debuted Tears Run Dry with fireworks going off in the background. It was surreal.

Finally, JNaT (Merrillville) when he hit the final note in AIW. The atmosphere in that room was electric. I've never felt anything like it.

Is it July yet? :DoClay:

I'm going to cheat...I did a blog on this one time...

Anyway, I'd line up my top ten concert experiences like this:

10: Greenville - NAT Although I saw the NAT for the first time in Greensboro the night before, he was in much better voice in Greenville. Despite the torrential rain, and the fact that I didn't have a ticket until the box office opened right before the concert, and Clay missed the bridge to Shine -- it was an amazing concert. I fell in love with the city. The preconcert bash was beautifully put together. I had great traveling buddies. I sat with the lovely CHers CallieK and Pixie. I think it was the first and only time I sat up a bit on the side, right in front of the huge videos screens. By the time Clay ripped himself away from his mic after Solitaire, I was toally spent. Speaking of Solitaire, I've never liked that song until I experienced Clay singing it live. Great encore!

9. Charlotte NAT- Clay had some time off before this show and he seemed so happy to be back on stage and relaxed. There was lots of funny interactions with the fans including Ethel and the dance off during WYSYLM. But when Clay went on to "hump" the singer from the audience to his ever lasting embarassment the audience, and the band, went right along with him. I enjoyed that concert. I was sitting out with the masases and he's just as good from the 25th row as he is from the 9th.

8.El Cajon - JNT04 I almost didn't make this show but thanks to several kind CH meers and a brother that just happened to lives down south (I did want to visit him, I did) I attended this show. He performed my favorite ever Good News there. It blew me away. My precious Scarlette managed to capture a lot of that moment almost from my perspective as I was seated just a couple of rows behind her. Some of my favorite clack ever. All I know is that I floated from that theater perfectly happy and content.

7. Boston JBT - Well what's not to like. I had FRONT ROW seats. That was the first and probably the last time for that little miracle. The only thing is that I had a clack goddess right next to me (smooches to ldyjocelyn) so I had to be cognizant of that at all times. I kept my screaming and moaning to a minimum. And there is nothing funnier than Clay calling his dragged to the concert husband, whipped. Good times.

6. Raleigh NAT: (ok I'll cheat) evening/afternnon...who can separate them. He snarked on me for going to both and being from out of town and I laughed along with him and held my hand up proudly. I love it when he snarks on others and I can take it when he snarks on me. Yeah Clay, I took somebody's seat and given the opportunity I'd do it again, and again. It had my favorite "Without You" singalong with the precious little girl. He was also quite feisty during his audience interactions. I particularly found the C L A Y sign holders funny.

5. Vermont - JBT I wonder if this would make most lists. Probably not. It was a strange place. The home town audience versus the traveling band of regulars. Well they won! They came to watch Clay entertain them, not stand and scream and dance in the ailses. And security made sure nobody else on my side was doing it either. It felt so wrong!! It felt to me like Clay had to work overtime to get a reaction. And he implored us to get on our feet. And then Felix called Vermont a great little city and the ice broke. I call it the big thaw. Clay was so tickled and the audience finally seemed to go right along with him. And Clay gave mesmerizing performances from that point on. He put a little extra mustard on the rest of the night and a clack goddess was there to capture it all from row 2. A big hug to Invisible and huskerfalcon and my bud, MsT05. They were the perfect road warriors from Boston onward.

4. Atlanta - Joyful Noise05 Nashville almost made the cut but didn't so this is the only representative of JNT05. This may be one of the most imperfect of all the shows as the ensemble lost a key player for the night and had to press one of the community players into service. When I heard this news, I think I gasped. I was never more proud of Clay and everyone than on that night. And hyped up on adrenaline or something, Clay came out in the second half and blew the roof off the place. My traveling buddy, Heidi, played perfect hostess the entire trip. And I fondly remember the lovely man across the ailse from us. He just wanted to hear Clay sing "Mary Did You Know." And when that music started to play, the tears burst forth. What a class act he was and so funny. We plotted during intermission how to overtake Jerome and seize the moment. It was so wonderful to see a not just us be so touched by Clay, not to mention be so in much in love with the voice and a bit turned on by the man. I found his card the other day. I think I will surprise him with some clack.

3. Atlantic city 09/01 JBT Oh what a night. I wish this show could have gone on and on. i wanted everyone to see Clay and be charmed by him. It had some lovely closing night fun, not to over the top. This tour represented his growth. The fact that he could take the stage and just entertain me for hours on end with his voice, his wit, and charm. I will always be a fan.

2. Sacramento IT - This was my favorite show ever until the Atlantic City 08/31 JBT. I just wish I could remember it all. There's hardly any clack of it. I have been offering up my first born to no avail since that night. All I remember is the feeling, the mood in the place. Clay was in a devlish place that I haven't seen since. Just one big snark ball from beginning to end. This concert will always have a special place in my heart.

1. Atlantic City 08/31 I loved this show. This is my favorite Clay concert and listen to it all the time. I think I know all three hours by heart.I especially love stump the band segment. Waves to Podsoda. And of course I love the little snot getting on the audience for stepping on his lines. Yeah I held my hands in the air when he commanded me to. what of it. heee. It was just three hours of pure joy. I can only say that if you haven't listened, download the whole concert and take a listen. I'll make sure to put it in my bin tomorrow. Right now I have 3 minutes to get my blog posted for Friday!!

If I had to include all of his concerts, my list would be totally different. There are some moments that blew me away through a fuzzy cellcert or by the audio or video. The beauty of this fandom is that even if you have only seen him once, or twice, or perhaps never at all - you can still get a taste of Clay thanks to the generosity of a few.

I'm pleased to see ladies enjoying a little "sex on a stool" in the am.

Ahhh, nothing like a some pastry to go with your cuppa in the morning :)

I wish I had something to contribute to the top ten concert experiences convo, but I got nothing. Zip. Except to say I think of Clay as a "singer's singer" and that AIW performance in Merrillville just feels like a pinnacle moment for that type of entertainer. Plus the fact that he was so damn A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E. at the end. why couldn't the tongue shot have been taken from our right??huh?! I think I miss the long hair now. never thought I would say that out loud :Thud:

So, as to not cause whiplash, WARNING: DETOUR AHEAD

I got a smile/smirk out of this today -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YatIpGHr020

SHUT UP!

Edited by treenuts