#11 I love me some Clay Aiken! He (soft) rocks *g*

Ansamcw

Next thread title poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• A big MWAH! and muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Clay is Clay. His instrument is undefinable
    • Indeed they are, my child. Clown feet." (Make me laugh, clown.'
    • *moan* *whimper* *thud*
    • An Evening With His Royal Highness of Fantasy Fodder. Coming to a venue near you soon.
    • Refresh, read, click the next tab; Refresh, read, click the next tab; lather, rinse, repeat. Insert random EEE's. Yeap, it's cellcert time again!
    • Aw, that man can blog me any ole time!
    • He's a unique treasure, no doubt. A pain in the ass sometimes, I'm sure. A blessing, plain and simple and one hawt man
    • Yes, I live under a rock....with Clay Aiken.

I always thought it was the usual fan concept that someone, in this case Jacob, must have done something to hurt Clay. Soon, it took on a life of its own! For all we know, Clay knew before the concert started that Jacob would be leaving after intermission.

The candles were nice and I am sure Clay appreciated them, but I am not sure there was anything Clay needed support for. JMO and all, and if I missed Clay saying something that directly addressed the situation other than what was in his blog, then please tell me.

I have been known to miss key bits of information before. :wacko:

While I don't have any more knowledge of the situation than anyone else does, I do think that something must have gone down before the show, during the show, or at intermission, for Jacob to have left so suddenly. And if Clay and the girls appreciated the candles, cool! I'll have to dig that clip out and rewatch it, because I'm not sure I ever did. I watched AC 09/01 Tears Run Dry this morning, though, and how cool was that! All those glow sticks waving, and Clay signing thank you. How many more days do we have left?????? This is almost torture, all this waiting......

:Tour3: :Tour3: :Tour3:

ETA: I saw a shirt today that said "I'm a Rock Star in Canada". :cryingwlaughter: If it's there the next time I go by, I might just pick it up....would be kind of funny to give him if I win a m&g. :eusa_whistle:

Edited by luckiest1

Well, there were some hard feelings for sure because of the momentary myspace entry that Jacob posted and disappearred in hours. ever thing that Clay was reading the boards, saw it and called Jacob? Or maybe someone posted about it on the myspace. Bad feelings help no one, so just as good that was resolved.

I think that there are many who realize that Clay got a good leg up because of AI and they just resent it. The attention paid to Clay tends to get wearing on the people around him, I am sure. This is probably why Clay is closest to Quiana who saw it all unfold.

Pudding, I was at that concert in Kansas City. Holding my candle sky high with pride. It was a special moment. I was so glad that we had the lights to show our support for Clay. I for one was glad to see Jacob gone.

I don't know. I kind of miss Jacob. I have never joined in on the Jacob done Clay wrong train because frankly, to the best of my knowledge, we have no idea exactly what happened. I never even got the impression there was any ill-will between them after all that. Some bruised egos maybe, but that was all. I have always thought that if Clay ever decides he needs a male back-up again (which I think he does need....), it wouldn't surprise me if Jacob returned.

I always thought it was the usual fan concept that someone, in this case Jacob, must have done something to hurt Clay. Soon, it took on a life of its own! For all we know, Clay knew before the concert started that Jacob would be leaving after intermission.

The candles were nice and I am sure Clay appreciated them, but I am not sure there was anything Clay needed support for. JMO and all, and if I missed Clay saying something that directly addressed the situation other than what was in his blog, then please tell me.

Claygasm, how did you get all of that out of my post? Seriously? My being glad to see Jacob gone has absolutely nothing to do with all that stuff you addressed. I just plain don't like him. I think his saxophone playing sucked donkey balls and I think his singing was mediocre at best. I didn't like his personality and he came off as an egotistical jerk, to me. JMO and all. I don't think it is too big a leap to think that Clay might feel that some of his fans would be upset that Jacob was gone, and be mad at him for letting him go. If that is indeed what happened. So that is the kind of support I was referring to that Clay was appreciative of. I was at that concert and whether he asked for or needed any moral support, for Jacob being gone or not, he got it from those in attendance, and there is no mistaking he was thankful and appreciated it.

First full weekend of summer vacation....and we get rain...sigh.

So today I did some furniture moving and vacuuming under the bed...had to detangle wires from the computer....pretty tired, but good tired. Tomorrow, eldest daughters room....

AHHH...Jacob...another controversial figure in the fandom. Lots of stories that was passed around in the back channels.I heard a lot of them and I;ve always been sceptical of them. But even without all the stories of improper behavior with fans, there has always been mixed reactions to Jacob, I think he blends very well with Clay...but I am not all that impressed with his solo's He's pretty talented but I am not a fan of his style of singing. But I do hope that Clay gets another male back up to balance out the harmony with the girls.

:Tour3: :Tour3: :Tour3: :Tour3:

I've been taking Claritan since March this year, and it's been amazingly helpful. I ran out of it for a few days, and my eyes and nose were sooooo irritated and itchy. Went right back on it soon as I could get to the store.

Hey, I'm a grape popsicle, too! They have another quiz over there to find out what kind of kisser you are. I think I'll check it out.

ETA: Okay, here's my kissing personality:

You're a multiple-personality kisser.

Your kisses vary greatly, depending on whose lips you're kissing. Some people bring out your silly, flirty side, and others make you feel all shy and romantic. You're flexible kiss-wise, so you're not picky about firmness or tongue action. The act of kissing is all it takes to make you happy, so you almost never get critical or make demands. You just take a deep breath and let your lips do their thing.

Funny!! I'll have to ask hubby if he agrees. But kissing makes me think about these, and when I look at them, I think I would be pretty demanding:

lips.jpg

If that picture inspires you to find out what kind of kisser you are, the quiz is here:

Kissing Style

um um um that just inspires me to forget my name and any formidable thought I might have had before seeing it...

Pudding, I was at that concert in Kansas City. Holding my candle sky high with pride. It was a special moment. I was so glad that we had the lights to show our support for Clay. I for one was glad to see Jacob gone.

I don't know. I kind of miss Jacob. I have never joined in on the Jacob done Clay wrong train because frankly, to the best of my knowledge, we have no idea exactly what happened. I never even got the impression there was any ill-will between them after all that. Some bruised egos maybe, but that was all. I have always thought that if Clay ever decides he needs a male back-up again (which I think he does need....), it wouldn't surprise me if Jacob returned.

Claygasm, how did you get all of that out of my post? Seriously? My being glad to see Jacob gone has absolutely nothing to do with all that stuff you addressed. I just plain don't like him. I think his saxophone playing sucked donkey balls and I think his singing was mediocre at best. I didn't like his personality and he came off as an egotistical jerk, to me. JMO and all. I don't think it is too big a leap to think that Clay might feel that some of his fans would be upset that Jacob was gone, and be mad at him for letting him go. If that is indeed what happened. So that is the kind of support I was referring to that Clay was appreciative of. I was at that concert and whether he asked for or needed any moral support, for Jacob being gone or not, he got it from those in attendance, and there is no mistaking he was thankful and appreciated it.

I wasn't criticizing what you said, Clayzorback. I wasn't debating what you said either. I was just adding my opinion on Jacob and the situation based on what I saw unfold! And I never said Clay didn't appreciate the candles. In fact, I said just the opposite.

I remember at the time, the party line was Jacob had done something awful and Clay was somehow hurt by it all. I just never bought that presumption. Maybe it was true - what do I know - but I saw it then as the usual jump to defend poor, poor Clay. I just never saw any indication of any of that from what we as fans knew. Whatever went down was between Clay and Jacob and I doubt either will ever choose to share with us.

That said, I think Clay can and does always appreciate any show of support and love from his fans - even if he doesn't feel he needs any. He obviously appreciated the candles that night - no matter what was or was not going on behind the scenes.

Apropos of nothing, I do remember I was lambasted on my old, old board because after watching the clack I had my doubts he was crying or near crying that night. I read someone there who had been there's account saying he was. Then I was lurking at the CH and saw an account from someone who, ironically, was sitting in virtually the same place as this other person, who denied she saw any signs he was crying! I posted the account from the CH as a way to illustrate how people see things differently even when we are looking at the same thing. Well, to say I was attacked for daring to suggest Clay wasn't crying would be an understatement! I am not saying he was or wasn't near tears. The only point I was trying to make was two people in the same place looking at the same thing see things differently. People see what they want to see. But I guess by that time the lore of his tears was so big to suggest otherwise was paramount to treason in the Clay Nation!

As for Jacob, I liked him as a back-up singer. I thought his voice worked really well with Clay's and the girls. I wasn't crazy about his sax playing, but that was never a major part of his job. He seemed to have fun with everyone up there and they all seemed to have a good chemistry. I met him a couple of time and he was very nice and very gracious. Ego? I am sure he has a huge one. So does Clay! They're men after all! :lol: I also heard he was a bit of a horn dog back in the day (He's married now, so hopefully that has changed!). But frankly, the only part I cared about was his job as a back-up singer and that I thought he did very well. I wasn't upset when he left, except I really thought Clay needed a male back-up. I just think the drama surrounding it was probably blown out of proportion.

we have spell checker? Seriously? LOL

OK I just tried it and I found if I right clicked I had an option to spell check... ..that's so funny. But is there a button on the board to click because I don't see it. heeee...spell check? Lord..Popsicle stand indeed.

Thats what I get but can only get it to work with firefox LOL

Wow Claygasm...I remember that report about Clay crying. I am always monitoring the boards during concert times and I always find it so funny how reports can differ on different boards. One thing that can always create debate is when Clay seem to say some bad word...hee. That is why when I report on a concert we alway get some from CB, CH and CV...I figure that will cover the most popular versions of the truth.

I really never get why people attack each other just because they have differing opinion. I do remember at that time I tend to take the moderate position. I can't wait to see what new set of controversies we will have this summer.

YAY we have a new banner ...courtesy of cindilu2....in honor of the upcoming DCAT!!!!

If other talented FCAers want to try their hand at making banners and want to put theirs up...just let me know and we can put it up too.

I love this place – I’ve been gone for 2 days and the pages flew by!!!

Favorite concert memories:

AI2 St. Louis: not great seats (this was before I knew about things such as upgrades and last minute seat releases by Ticketmaster), but I distinctly remember two things. The first was being able to see him get onto the platform before it rose up for his entrance for TITN. My first ever glimpse of Clay live! The other was watching him, through binoculars, during the BeeGees medley. As soon as it finished, I could see it in his face – he knew he’d done the dance steps correctly! And not 2 minutes later, he was bragging on that from the stage. It was so funny.

Dayton NAT: ISY. ‘nuff said. (And if you need it, I’m sure YSRN will be more than happy to post the YouTube link. *g*)

Charlotte NAT: just seeing both “I’m cracking up” Clay (thanks to Ethel , and the Energizer bunny band that kept going and going and going and goind....) and the little humper boy made that night totally magical.

Atlanta JNT 2004, the Friday night show: this is one of those memories where there’s no visual clack available, so that makes it even more special to me that I was there! This was one of the first times when he was telling the story of his friend cruising down the road listening to Clay Aiken (“and you can never have too much Clay Aiken!”). When he was telling the story, he was making the driving motions, and it was just so cute. Well, later in the show, when he asked Jacob what his New Year’s Resolution was, he replied, “to make this motion a lot more.” And then he, Q & A started making that driving motion ala Clay earlier. Clay. Cracked. Up. It was fantastic.

JBT Boston: Front row baby! And having him walk directly next to me to get to the husband (which, IMO, was the funniest hubby bit of the entire tour) was indescribable.

JNT2006 Merrillville: since I was with luckiest1, I’m sure you can understand that I too was blown away when he hit the note during AIW. The room was electric! I wonder though how many not.just.us fans got the significance of that night for the diehard fans.

Very cool on the Minnesota dates for Christmas. Unfortunately, it will be a little too early for me to visit my husband’s family, but I maybe I can sneak the last date in. I keep hoping for a Peoria concert if he’s focusing on the Midwest.

It’s funny y’all are talking so much about the Toronto JBT, because that was clack that I missed until many months later. I was attending the shows the next two nights, New Hampshire and Boston, so I skipped the cellcert, and didn’t have a chance to download the clack right away. Then, a few months later, luckiest1 sent me a DVD of her montages with goldarngirl of that show. Loved it!

{{{{{{{{{muski}}}}}}}}}, hope the house is dry soon and the dog is happy again too!

Clayzor, sorry to hear about your rainy garage sale. Me? I’ll never do a garage sale. Too much work. Our church youth has a yearly sale, and we just keep stuff up throughout the year and then take it to them to sell and keep the money. As a matter of fact, we’ll be doing that tomorrow!

YAY for YSRN attempting to go to a show or two or 10. *g*

treenuts, I understand your frustration, even though I’ve been thrilled to hear Clay a time or two unexpectedly in the middle of breakfast out, or shopping for socks. Heh. Maybe it’s totally because the few times it’s happened to me, I’ve been posting on boards with linear threads (not needing to start a new thread!) and also had other things to post besides!

This is me:

1054172632_fudgesicle.GIF

Jacob, eh? OK, I’ve got a few questions/observations. Firstly – since PuddinsJoy mentioned being involved with the candles at KC – was that planned after Jacob left the show in Iowa, or was that something that had been planned for a while? I’ve always wondered that. I thought it was just fortuitous circumstances – that the fans in KC planned the lights, but then timing made the whole situation that much more interesting for Clay. But, I’d love to hear if my intuition on that was correct or not.

Secondly – I remember the Raleigh N&O article (the one that talked so much about the “new” album) also talking about the rules for all the people involved with the show. One of those rules was that all participants had to arrive in the next city the day previous of the show if that had more than a few days off. And then, it was mentioned that Clay had to let someone go because of that infringement. Wasn’t the assumption that this was Jacob? We really don’t know, of course, but my guess is that something probably went down earlier in the day and that something happened during the show that finally caused the no-show. Again, I don’t even know that the incident mentioned in the article was even about Jacob, but at least I can make the pieces fit together. I see that bottlecap and I are on the same wavelength with that...

Ever notice how almost no one complained about Jacob’s sax playing during the JBT? I contend to this day that it wasn’t necessarily Jacob’s playing during the NAT that was the problem, but that it was the difference between a soprano saxophone (which is naturally shrill and what he played at the NAT) and an alto saxophone (more mellow, JBT). As for his singing, I thought he blended quite well with Clay’s voice too.

It’s perfectly OK to just not like Jacob. I just never cared all that much, actually.

OK, if you’ve made it through this tome….you’re a better person than I!!!

LOVE THE NEW BANNER!

Told my SIL this weekend that I was doing a "Clay adventure" in a few weeks. Little do they know that I've done 5 others of these plane trips, not to mention the driving trips. *g* I honestly couldn't tell if she was freaked out or not. And I conveniently forgot to tell my Mom all about my trip too. Amazing how, even in my mid-40's, I'm still worried about what my Mom would say. Actually, I know what she'd say -- "you're meeting people from the internet? They could be axe murderers! And why aren't you visiting your sister in Florida instead of seeing this Clay guy? Couldn't you spend your money better?" *sigh*

Just over a week! EEEEEEEEEEEEE! :Tour3: :Tour3: :Tour3:

Regarding Jacob - I think it was assumed this article from the Raleigh N & O at the end of 2005 was referring to him:

[Clay] also makes the rules for the cast and crew. They're allowed to leave the tour on an off day, but they have to be back in town the night before the next show. He recently fired someone for failing to do so. He won't risk having someone stranded at an airport at the wrong time, letting down the rest of the company as well as the fans.

It was tough to let someone go, especially someone he cared about.

thought it was just fortuitous circumstances – that the fans in KC planned the lights, but then timing made the whole situation that much more interesting for Clay. But, I’d love to hear if my intuition on that was correct or not.

I was at both shows and that's the way I remember it.

My observations ... I thought something was "off" w/Jacob during the first half of the show in Des Moines. So much so that I would have bet money that he didn't come out for the second half because he was ill. But then when Clay didn't mention him during the intros...I knew that couldn't have been it.

KC the next night, Clay and the girls did seem a bit emotional. I dunno about tears. Just more like they were clinging to each other for a bit of support after being thrown off kilter.

IMO stuff like that is just water under the bridge.

I'm always ready for what ever is next!

:Tour3:

----

Love the new banner! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Edited by jamar1700

Dayton NAT: ISY. ‘nuff said. (And if you need it, I’m sure YSRN will be more than happy to post the YouTube link. *g*)
Hee. What on earth would give you that idea?

:whistling-1:

Regarding Jacob - I think it was assumed this article from the Raleigh N & O at the end of 2005 was referring to him:

[Clay] also makes the rules for the cast and crew. They're allowed to leave the tour on an off day, but they have to be back in town the night before the next show. He recently fired someone for failing to do so. He won't risk having someone stranded at an airport at the wrong time, letting down the rest of the company as well as the fans.

It was tough to let someone go, especially someone he cared about.

I remember that but the only thing that made me wonder was if he was late to Council Bluffs, why would Clay have allowed him to start the show? Then someone suggested he wanted to do something before they went to NY and wouldn't get there until the day of and he wouldn't change his plans so that's what did it. Who knows. That tell all book I hope Clay writes one day should tell us!

Ldyj - You hubby was the man in Boston for the JBT? I was there! It was one of the funniest of the tour! I remember that! Someone said it earlier (was it couchie?) but it is funny how many of us have been at the same shows and didn't know it because we didn't know each other. Well, at least with you that will be remedied in a little over a week in Houston! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! :Tour3:

Where's muski? I am waiting for today's softball report!

There have been a lot of rumors about Jacob. I'm not sure what to believe, but I have to say, there was always something about him that I didn't quite like. I just got this feeling that he did not like being in a supportive role, and that he thought of himself as a much more serious artist than Clay. This may simply be all in my head, and perhaps I'm being unfair. However, when Jacob stated in his blog that he would never again work on Clay's tour, it definitely seemed as though there was something between them.

I think it's entirely possible that Clay fired him because he was not in town the night before a show. Perhaps it was not the first time it had happened. However, it can't have been easy to break up such a tight group so suddenly. I suspect Clay's feelings were tender the next night, not knowing how the fans would react. I'm sure the lights were deeply appreciated.

I remember that but the only thing that made me wonder was if he was late to Council Bluffs, why would Clay have allowed him to start the show?

Maybe he didn't know until then. :shrugs: IMO there are many ways it could have played out and fit in with what Clay had to say about having to fire someone he cared about. I doubt we'll ever know.

Edited by jamar1700

CG, no that wasn't my husband at Boston -- unfortunately. I seem to remember that the wife was someone who posted regularly atCV, but the name escapes me at the moment. Anyway, I so enjoyed that husband bit -- finding someone who was attending a Clay Aiken concert on his honeymoon was so great, and I think Clay thought it hysterical too.

My husband's taste in music runs toward the Beatles, the Beach Boys, Steely Dan, bluegrass, and old time country music, plus throw in some old jazz at the moment as well. He's got ecclectic music tastes, not really into current pop music at all....and he's seen Clay in concert 5 times. I :::heart::: my husband.

You were at Boston, CG? How cool is that! I'm so very glad that in a few days though we're going to get to meet in person and squee and eeeeeeeee and just soak in the Clay!

The eHP met this weekend to plot....err....plan the partay stuff. If I say it myself we have come up with some pretty awesome ideas!!!

It was a really long session and we went to bed at 4:00 am!!!!!!! At various time we would stop and look at each other and say "OMG it's 10 days". and then we would ee and break into fits of giggles...just like real 12 year olds.

To say we are excited is a gross understatement. I don't know how keepingfaith is keeping sane before her first experience. We were trying to explain to her what a first Clay time is like and we kept coming up with words like undescribable, unbelievable, inexplicable and we could never put into words exactly how we felt. The one thing we agreed on is we all felt the same about this man.

It is such a wonderful experience to have friends that love this man as much as you do and to be able to talk about it and know that they "get" it! I am so glad I became a fan of Clay Aiken. He has made my life so much richer.

Now concerts:

I think despite not being the best the first AI2 would have to be up there because that's when I realised that he was actually "real" and not just an image on the screen.

Long Island: The strength of character of that man shone through and I will never forget what he did for us that night. Oh and that's when he spoke to meeeeeee!

and Atlanta JNT2 because of situations that had nothing to do with Clay made it a weekend never to be forgotten.

The rest are all special in their own way so I think maybe the answer to the question of favourite concert has to be--all of them!

Beautiful new banner...beautiful new week..only one more week to go till I head south to TX... :TourExcite:

I'm ready. :Tour3:

In the attention ho category, thought I'd mention that I posted a new J&C skit HERE

Now, I'm off to watch YouTube and drool a little...btw, the lips up there ^^^ and the kissing thing... :medium-smiley-070: thank you!

I think despite not being the best the first AI2 would have to be up there because that's when I realised that he was actually "real" and not just an image on the screen.

I've only been to one concert so far (my second is next month in Michigan), but the "actually real" comment describes my thoughts exactly. Clay was real (and so skinny!) and he was actually as fabulous live as everyone made him out to be, In my heart of hearts, I wasn't quite convinced it wasn't partly hype, until I experienced it for myself.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Just less than a month for me!!! :DoClay: :TourExcite: :Tour3:

My understanding of the Jacob "leaving/firing" was that Jacob was trying to squeeze in some gigs in support of a CD he had coming out and some of them interfered in his ability to be where he needed to be for the tour when he needed to be there. For instance, he had a gig in Boston (at some club) on an off-night that would have kept him from being at the location for the next concert that night. And that was against the "rules".

So my guess was that Clay told him he couldn't do those gigs, and Jacob was a bit angry about that, thinking that Clay should make an exception about it since Jacob was doing Clay a favor doing this stupid Christmas tour when he had a CD to be promoting. There were also stories about how Jacob's managers were not very supportive of Jacob continuing to be Clay's back-up singer. Some women sat next to them in AC at the JBT and listened to them malign Clay and say that he didn't have anything on Jacob, etc.

So when Clay said in his blog that Jacob had made some personal choices, or had left the tour based on personal choices or something like that, I put two and two together - knowing about the gigs that interfered with his ability to be on location when he was supposed to, his CD he was trying to promote, how important his solo career was to him, how he felt or was being told by his managers that he was just wasting his time doing this back-up singer thing for this loser pop star, etc. I imagine Clay told him that he had a choice - to back out of the gigs or to leave the tour.

It may have been that many people on the tour, including Angela and Quianna may have felt Clay was being unreasonable and should have made an exception and supported Jacob's solo career. And the ego clashes/ power struggle may have been going on for a long time between them. But Clay made his choice and then Jacob made his choice.

Of course, I don't know any of this for sure. I just know some of the surrounding circumstances and have drawn some conclusions that make sense to me.