#11 I love me some Clay Aiken! He (soft) rocks *g*

Ansamcw

Next thread title poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• A big MWAH! and muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Clay is Clay. His instrument is undefinable
    • Indeed they are, my child. Clown feet." (Make me laugh, clown.'
    • *moan* *whimper* *thud*
    • An Evening With His Royal Highness of Fantasy Fodder. Coming to a venue near you soon.
    • Refresh, read, click the next tab; Refresh, read, click the next tab; lather, rinse, repeat. Insert random EEE's. Yeap, it's cellcert time again!
    • Aw, that man can blog me any ole time!
    • He's a unique treasure, no doubt. A pain in the ass sometimes, I'm sure. A blessing, plain and simple and one hawt man
    • Yes, I live under a rock....with Clay Aiken.

People see what they want to see. But I guess by that time the lore of his tears was so big to suggest otherwise was paramount to treason in the Clay Nation!

I see this one statement as a recurring theme throughout this "crazy Clay world" and it has become a common thread thru all topics Clay. I have never seen a fandom or a celebrity as unique and polarizing as this one.

And yet, somehow, I can't seem to get off this damn merry-go-round!

(need a psycho emote here)

cindilu, I love the new banner.

Thanks to everyone for being good sports about my rant earlier ;)

Is it August yet?!

:me0:

I don't know Jacob and really am bad at remembering things and should just shut up when I'm not sure about something. But it's never stopped me before, hee.

As I recall, Clay not only said it was difficult to let someone go that he cared about, but also that it was hard to justify looking the other way when the rules followed by everyone else were being consistently ignored by this person. He never said Jacob by name, but Jacob did post that he would never work a Clay show again. So dots were connected.

I don't know what Jacob does in his spare time, but I do know he and some of the band were working clubs in cities along the tour on their off nights. Maybe Jacob was not as careful getting back in time as the others were? Daniel was part of that band and he's not back this tour, nor is Andy, so far as we KNOW anyway.

Jacob had talent and blended well with Clay, but he was not solo performer material, IMO. I DO think Jacob did believe he was more talented than Clay and resented his subordinate role. Last I heard, he was working in a Salt Lake City studio as a producer and writing his own music. Quiana posted in her Myspace that Jacob was married, they were expecting a child, and she was "proud" of him for "turning his life around."

It was NOT a planned departure, IMO, because Clay made a point to let the audience know how hard Andy, as music director, had to work before the next show (with the cast and band) to change up the arrangements and they changed the staging too. Mostly, I remember we lost the sexy GROWL on one "Home" song I particularly enjoyed but he compensated for that by giving us the etherial Emanuel. WAAAAAAaaaaahhhh!!!!! I wanted BOTH.

I watched the clack from the two shows and didn't see tears from Clay, but did detect some emotion on the part of Angie and Quiana. Not sure we will ever know the true story. But the lights at the subsequent show were just coincidental. And I did sense some emotion from Clay with the lights.

Jacob, eh? OK, I’ve got a few questions/observations. Firstly – since PuddinsJoy mentioned being involved with the candles at KC – was that planned after Jacob left the show in Iowa, or was that something that had been planned for a while? I’ve always wondered that. I thought it was just fortuitous circumstances – that the fans in KC planned the lights, but then timing made the whole situation that much more interesting for Clay. But, I’d love to hear if my intuition on that was correct or not.

The candles were planned and ordered in Sept - so, yes it was just an amazing coincedence.

Just to jump in a little on the Jacob discussion - jmo, but I don't think Clay had any inkling that Jacob was going to leave during the CBluffs concert, or even after it, because of a couple of veiled remarks he made during his DSIAFCD banter. The first was after he forgot to intro Andy, saying we should be nice to him (A) because he had worked "pretty hard today, if I do say so myself" and again, when he intro'd Q & A, when he said they had both "worked their rear ends off today". No, I didn't remember the specific quotes, I just checked Scarlett's clack at 3:00 and at 6:48 :lol:

Beautiful banner cindilu2 as always - I'm a big fan!

Popsicle? I'm sickly sweet cherry :lies:

eta -

Mostly, I remember we lost the sexy GROWL on one "Home" song I particularly enjoyed but he compensated for that by giving us the etherial Emanuel. WAAAAAAaaaaahhhh!!!!! I wanted BOTH.

yeah clayzedover, but we got one heckuva GROWL at Council Bluffs the night before - brought me right out of my seat! :Thud: and yes, Emmanuel was glorious

Edited by PuddinsJoy

Ah Jacob...hated his sax playing. Love the way his voice mixed with Clay and I miss that. I have to say the best solo from him was Emmanuel. I liked his version better than Clay - sacrilege I know but I don't really care for that song and I loved the way Jacob sang it. I chalked it all up to ego on both sides. Nobody had to do something terrible. Shit happens. I did like the "team" and do hope one day they get another male backup. And all of the backups work darn hard through the entire show. I love how Clay gives them all opportunity to shine and they aren't nameless, faceless people.

Pins are all packaged. Now, just have to get to the post office - either tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest!!

ETA LOVE the banner!!

Daniel was part of that band and he's not back this tour, nor is Andy, so far as we KNOW anyway.

Daniel and Andy were both part of the ATDW promotional tour, though, so I doubt they were let go because of any conflict. If they aren't with Clay this time I would bet its just either a scheduling conflict or the type of tour this is means he doesn't need them.

I have to say I would hope Jacob felt he was more than back-up material. You have to believe in yourself and your abilities and if all he thought he was good enough to do was to be a back-up, that wouldn't be showing much faith in himself.

As for the comment on Jacob's MySpace, I had heard at the time it was not posted by Jacob at all and when Jacob heard about it he had it pulled. Could just be more of the myth, but then again, it could be true.

So many myths and legends in this fandom!

Whatever, I still think Clay needs a male back-up singer. But I guess in about 10 DAYS!!!! I will be seeing yet another concert without one!!

I can't wait! And merreeee, cannot wait to see what the eHP has planned!

:Tour3: :TourExcite: :DoClay:

So my guess was that Clay told him he couldn't do those gigs, and Jacob was a bit angry about that, thinking that Clay should make an exception about it since Jacob was doing Clay a favor doing this stupid Christmas tour when he had a CD to be promoting.

Doing Clay a favor by doing the tour? Don't buy that for a minute. A whole lot of the time when a musician takes a gig, it's to make money, and I don't know of any reason to imagine it was any different in this case.

It may have been that many people on the tour, including Angela and Quianna may have felt Clay was being unreasonable and should have made an exception and supported Jacob's solo career.

Or it could be that, although they realized that Clay had to do what he had to do, they still felt sad that Jacob was going.

Just some explanations that make sense to me.

Well, I have a little problem.

The next answer - is that I will probably drive to the beach for 3 days to mull this over.and see if anyone has any answers, then come back for the results of the test. So far I am hoping for a bad infection and not a permanent condition. What ever it is, it is not contageous, I may just have to lay off certain foods.

Needless to say, I have been making a lot of useless phone calls to hotels and such. Notice I only posted stupid hit and run stuff for the last few days?

OK, ack - off to post on a million boards. Good thing I have internet at the trailer.

At various time we would stop and look at each other and say "OMG it's 10 days". and then we would ee and break into fits of giggles...just like real 12 year olds.
And eeeeeeeeeeee right back at you. I am really looking forward to the eHP party. Not that y'all have a reputation or anything. What a great way to start my summer of Clay!

I got a pedicure yesterday - got flowers put on my toes. DD says that makes me a 12 year old, too!

{{{{{{playbiller}}}}}} We may not always agree on stuff, but you're an important voice here. I hope all your tests turn out the best.

There have been a lot of rumors about Jacob. I'm not sure what to believe, but I have to say, there was always something about him that I didn't quite like. I just got this feeling that he did not like being in a supportive role, and that he thought of himself as a much more serious artist than Clay. This may simply be all in my head, and perhaps I'm being unfair. However, when Jacob stated in his blog that he would never again work on Clay's tour, it definitely seemed as though there was something between them.

I think it's entirely possible that Clay fired him because he was not in town the night before a show. Perhaps it was not the first time it had happened. However, it can't have been easy to break up such a tight group so suddenly. I suspect Clay's feelings were tender the next night, not knowing how the fans would react. I'm sure the lights were deeply appreciated.

Jenna, you've written my opinion exactly!

Play...hang tough.. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Soooo....slept in this morning and then spent a day with the hubby and girls doing nuthin'. Cool. And went to Old Navy and bought 10 pairs of flip flops---all different colors! They're only $2 a pair! White, red, lime green, bright yellow, purple, blue, brown, fern green, coral, gold. Woo hoo! My summer footwear is in the bag! And I want to know why, whenever I go to buy my favorite bra...I can never find one in MY size? Lots of 'em in the sizes bigger or smaller, but in a whole wall of the specific one I like, I found only ONE in my size! I don't get it...I don't notice that many women with knockers the exact same size as mine. :lilredani:

With the water and house situation, the upcoming Texas Two-Fer is not as "present" for me right now. Too many real-life things to take care of..and work's going to be really, really busy between now and July 4...But I've pretty much figured out what I'm gonna be wearing at the soccer stadium AND in Jones Hall...so the hardest part is over, right? :medium-smiley-070:

Who posted those lips upthread--I forgot. Whoever it was, thank you. Clay's mouth has always been my favorite Clay part (shutup...it's TRUE!)..and I've spent more minutes than I want to confess to fantasizing over them...I mean...LOOK!

Phoenix138-1.jpg

RedBankLips-1.jpg

Clay_lips_1.jpg

is_it_hot_n_here.jpg

and the ultimate mouth...made for such wondrous things:

Lips.jpg

Hey Muski... .don't know if you shop at Avenue but everything in the store was 40% off. Let's just say, I'm ready for my Clay trip!! Sale lasts until Tuesday I think, maybe ends tomorrow. This is the one in my town but the one in your town probably has the same sale.

Clay related..oh yeah that was clay related :cryingwlaughter:

Jeeeeez guys - you're KILLIN me!! :DoClay:

I wanna play but I have approx 4.5 hours before I have to wake up and drive to NC.

I have about 25 unread pages in this thread alone. I just scrolled quickly thru the last

10 pages -- I have to admit a few of those photos

KILLED ME DEAD!!!

Therefore I am speaking to you from BEYOND THE GRAVE.......dead.gif

I haven't read all the posts but hopefully next week I can catch up -

when my two oldest offspring are safely in Ecuador. I say safely and am using the term loosely...

my fingers and toes and everything that crosses will be crossed. We will now bow our heads in prayer.... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

:hugs-1: To all who need them.... I know I need all I can get right now!!!

However......... I do have 6 hours of Clay music and 6 hours of Beatles music on my ipod for the all the road trips!!!!!!! :RedGuy:

Edited by cha cha trusty

Who posted those lips upthread--I forgot. Whoever it was, thank you. Clay's mouth has always been my favorite Clay part (shutup...it's TRUE!)..and I've spent more minutes than I want to confess to fantasizing over them...I mean...LOOK!

and the ultimate mouth...made for such wondrous things:

Lips.jpg

Hey, Muski! I posted the lips upthread, I actually thought of you when I posted them, because you've posted this pic of his lips so many times. They are absolutly yummy looking, aren't they?

Dayton NAT: ISY. ‘nuff said. (And if you need it, I’m sure YSRN will be more than happy to post the YouTube link. *g*)
Hee. What on earth would give you that idea?
Now THAT is some of the best clack ever - have mercy!

It was a really long session and we went to bed at 4:00 am!!!!!!! At various time we would stop and look at each other and say "OMG it's 10 days". and then we would ee and break into fits of giggles...just like real 12 year olds.

To say we are excited is a gross understatement. I don't know how keepingfaith is keeping sane before her first experience. We were trying to explain to her what a first Clay time is like and we kept coming up with words like undescribable, unbelievable, inexplicable and we could never put into words exactly how we felt. The one thing we agreed on is we all felt the same about this man.

It is such a wonderful experience to have friends that love this man as much as you do and to be able to talk about it and know that they "get" it! I am so glad I became a fan of Clay Aiken. He has made my life so much richer.

WORD I've quit counting the number of times I've been 12 with my dear Clay friends - just last weekend most recently. I practically live for those times!

Bring us this tour Clay - I am so ready!!! :Tour3: :TourExcite:

10 more days. EEEEEEEEEE! Let the countdown begin! :Tour3:
or what luckiest1 said :F_05BL17blowkiss:

In the attention ho category, thought I'd mention that I posted a new J&C skit HERE
I love these skits laughn - thanks so much for bringing them here!

Thank you to all ye lip-pic-bringers - what those 2 little freckles still do to me after more than four years . . . :Thud:

Hoping for the very best news Play - thinking about you!

I think everyone knows me well enough by now. I mean well but can be a slacker. I mean things when I say them heee. Anyway, I do plan on talking ot my cousin...I was giving her time to get settled because she moved back to Burbank. And things leave my mind..and then next time I look around another week has passed.

Well she just called ME. She was actually walking into a club to listen to a new artist of theres. But the good news is that she's coming to the Bay Area on Tuesday... just for a short time but we're meeting her for dinner. I will at least be able to talk to her to figure out the best way to do things. It's my preference that I just give her a screen name and let her answer questions in the thread when she has time. I just don't feel confident about passing on her info from a phone conversation. So we'll work this out sooner or later. More news on Tuesday. eeeeeeeeee looks like this might happen even with me being my usual slacker self. Oh and she's still thinking of spending part of the week with us in Vegas in mid August...I can tie her down and ask her every question about the music business I ever wanted to know.

So couchie...since you're having dinner with your cousin on Tuesday, I guess Jazzercize is out for that day, right? Are you going tomorrow (Monday)? I am...since I think we're staying another night at the motel, I'll have a place to take a shower afterwards... :cryingwlaughter:

Gibby, I LIKE that you thought of me when you posted CLay's lips...oh yes, I do... :hubbahubba:

'Night, all! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

P.S. :DoClay:

:TourExcite:

So couchie...since you're having dinner with your cousin on Tuesday, I guess Jazzercize is out for that day, right? Are you going tomorrow (Monday)? I am...since I think we're staying another night at the motel, I'll have a place to take a shower afterwards...

LOL..I'm going to have to come tomorrow since this dinner thing just popped up. Funny part is that I was going to probably not come because it's Alexandria's birthday...but I'll just have to go over after the jazzercise. She'll be happy to see me cuz I got her the 12 Girls Band DVD. She has still been asking for it since she saw them on PBS. It will be intersting how the DVD stacks up against the wii her other auntie got her. :cryingwlaughter:

Well I won't see Clay for about 40 days but can't wait for the reports from Frisco!! Whoo Hooo.

So, Couchie, your cousin won't feel put upon when she sees all these questions? I think that some of us are cra...enthusiastic - no, really enthusiastic, I think Clay is correct in that term.

Thanks everyone

I am not sick, sick, just a little inconvenienced, and try not to be out of my house for more than 3 hours. heh. Luckily the beach trailer is exactly 2 hours away, non-rush hour. I know i am a very lucky person to have what I have and to have better health than many of my friends. As the doctor said to me, this to will pass. The only reason this thing is lingering on is that my Cobra ended and I had to join an HMO or pay 2K a month for health insurance that would only pay 50% of my bills. - so HMO it was - but since this started just before my COBRA ran out, the HMO did not want to cover me, so I spent months fighting with insurance companies, good thing I did not have a job. I am hoping for a new allergy or an infection, but no matter what it is sure to not be very bad, maybe a dietary change.

New Jersey is the only state where everyone is guarenteed to get insurance if they can pay. They can only ask your sex, nothing else, so the rates are pretty high as some transplant patients end up moving to NJ to get insurance.

Just a note not to forget to listen in today for a preview of the new songs I have added this week to Rose Radio. This week's selections will include tracks by Diana Degarmo, Michael Buble, Paris Bennett, Jon Peter Lewis, Kellie Pickler, Corinne Bailey Rae, Sara Bareilles, Dolly Parton, Carrie Underwood, Trace Adkins, and Bon Jovi. On Tuesday you can read more about this week's selections on the Rose Radio blog.

:me0: