#11 I love me some Clay Aiken! He (soft) rocks *g*

Ansamcw

Next thread title poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• A big MWAH! and muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Clay is Clay. His instrument is undefinable
    • Indeed they are, my child. Clown feet." (Make me laugh, clown.'
    • *moan* *whimper* *thud*
    • An Evening With His Royal Highness of Fantasy Fodder. Coming to a venue near you soon.
    • Refresh, read, click the next tab; Refresh, read, click the next tab; lather, rinse, repeat. Insert random EEE's. Yeap, it's cellcert time again!
    • Aw, that man can blog me any ole time!
    • He's a unique treasure, no doubt. A pain in the ass sometimes, I'm sure. A blessing, plain and simple and one hawt man
    • Yes, I live under a rock....with Clay Aiken.

Totally...It's JNaT 2006 Red Bank The First Noel by jojoct....the whole thing is gorgeous, of course, since he's singing, but it's mostly a close up until the end of hte song...the camera pulls back and

yowza! Then he leans back on the stool and his jacket falls to the sides and

yowza! Then he just folds his arms across his chest and lets himself shine while he banters away....seemingly quite comfy with flaunting his stuff.....I love that man.

Wish I could join you for a clack party tomorrow! :F_05BL17blowkiss: Hell, if you lived near here, the whole family would be moving in with you for a week or so! :lmaosmiley-1:

I've got the room, with all of these kids gone! Not sure how my two dogs would feel about the four legged addition though. :)

ldyJocelynI feel sorry for those that can't appreciate all the many different facets of Clay and his performing style. Those that are solely focused on his rockin/pop side are likely to be disappointed this summer, I imagine. However, I was at the Kimmel 5 song concert, and all but Invisible was from ATDW, and I remember that feeling like a very upbeat concert. He sang Sorry, WISYS, Without You, Invisible, and ?????- I can't remember now. It was a fantastic mini-concert.

You missed ATD! That was a fantastic mini-concert. I remember watching up there and thinking how much he comes alive on a stage and how he shines. And I am one who didn't love ATDW and I didn't like ATD, WISYS or Without you and I still LOVED the mini-concert. NO worries here about this summer's tour! :Tour3:

Hmmmm.....I watched that Red Bank TFN from jojoct. Lovely "leaning back on stool for optimal display" video, fo' sho'. :Thud: Lovely man...generous, too, to continue leaning back like that...or perhaps "generous" isn't the word. My friend Totally might describe his behavior in this clip as more....

exhibitionist-like.

gah. He does pack it in, doesn't he? :hubbahubba:

And he might've been sick that night, but he was bee-you-tee-"full" heh

I'm trying to do my work here but I keep thinking about our water worries and just wish I could disappear or twitch my nose, all Bewitched-like, and suddenly! There's a new floor! New water heater! New paint! New washer/dryer!

New Bank Account!

Calgon, take me away....

wait...there's not hot water for that.... :wacko:

I need to go watch a few WDC clips, I think.... :clap:

See, muski, keep watching clack like that and you won't miss your hot water at all! You'll NEED that cold shower! :medium-smiley-070:

Hey Claygasm. Sorry I missed your post before. This thread moves so fast that while I'm composing a post, SO many other people post! Yes, I know that you appreciate "we, the outspoken", lol. And I totally agree that it's the way people articulate their opinions that make such a difference. Of course, it's much more difficult to do that well in written form than when speaking in person or even over the phone. Not being able to use tone of voice or facial expressions to soften words or make it clear that you don't mean to offend, accuse, or judge, but are just trying to express your feelings about something is very difficult. And even when you try hard, those reading are likely to infuse their own emotionally colored perspective into what you're trying to say.

ITA with this and it was a lesson I had to learn when I first started on this message board adventure. Things didn't always get taken the way I expected them to - to say the least! I am still never sure if what I say will be taken the way it was intended. I am sure I have misinterpreted a lot of posts before and will again. I try to cut people some slack because of that but when some posters post the same way over and over again, I begin to think I was right the first time!

One thing I've always believed about Clay is that he does what he wants to do and rarely does anything he doesn't want to do. I don't think in any way he's been a puppet. Now maybe he did have to bow a bit to Clive's concept for ATDW, but it was also clear that Clay was very proud of that CD and felt that he had a lot to do with the song selection and production of each song. As for tours, I believe Clay has a great deal of control over what he does on and with them. I believe him when he says he love singing with symphonies.

WORD!! And we have to remember that if Clay had to bow to Clive a bit that it was because this is a business he is in. For all intents and purposes, when it comes to his CDs, Clive is his boss. We all have probably had to do something one way because our boss tells us to when we would have preferred to do it another! But Clay is smart. He seems to know how to pick his battles and how and when to compromise. I think that's what the end result of ATDW was - a compromise - and I would bet money (if I had any!) that part of the deal was Clay got a lot of artistic control. No wonder he was proud of that CD. He put a lot of himself into it - far more than he had the chance to do with MOAM. And just as I believe him when he says he LOVES to sing with symphonies, I believe him when he tells us he is proud of ATDW and he did have more creative input and it is more him than MOAM. Unfortunately, some choose to believe what Clay says only when he says something that fits their theories. The rest of the time its spin.

As for we fans having a tendency to mold everything to make it fit into what we believe about Clay, some of us/them certainly do that to a greater extent than others, but I think it's something we all have a tendency to do in life with everything. We see things a certain way and like to make the world (whatever part of the world we're looking at) fit into that perspective. It's no different with Clay. It seems to me that people on this board try harder than most not to do that with Clay and try to not make assumptions for which there aren't facts to back them up. But we all see things thru our very colored lenses.

You are a wise woman, Totally. A very wise woman.

thetonightshow20060915-19.jpg

I'm trying to do my work here but I keep thinking about our water worries and just wish I could disappear or twitch my nose, all Bewitched-like, and suddenly! There's a new floor! New water heater! New paint! New washer/dryer!

New Bank Account!

Calgon, take me away....

wait...there's not hot water for that.... :wacko:

Muskifest, I just remembered that when my mother had some pipes burst in her upstairs bathroom that caused the ceilings in the kitchen and her bathroom downstairs to fall in, her home insurance paid for the repairs. Have you looked into this? It would be great if all this mess you're dealing with were covered.

Karen eh? WORD to your entire orgasm!

**passes treenuts a Marlboro**

I keep wondering and fantasizing about how he'll make his entrance this time around. Something low-key, like the last Christmas tour? Or something more exciting, along the lines of the past pop tours he's done? Kyrie through the crowd...coming out of the space ship....the "Fonz" with his girls.....what's next? This tour is going to be a different animal, I think....a hybrid, if you will. The evolution of Clay. I wonder how those rehearsals are going? I wonder if we'll get a teasing blog before the 4th? Me thinks yes. Boyfriend loves to tease. :)

This thought and several incarnations of Clay's concert attire kept me from going insane as I sat for 6 hours in the middle seat of a 737 sans upgrade. Every which way I imagined him coming was fantastic and he started it all off in a pair of well fitted black pants and a white shirt sans tee....don't know why but my brain kept coming back to that one outfit every single time. He had replaced the stainless necklaces. *Sigh* In 6 hours I think I had enough time to visualize at least one entrance per tour date. When John got bored and wanted to talk, I flipped through Continental Magazine and found a Sudoku and showed him how to do it. Then I went back to my special place where squeezed in tight isn't such a bad thing at all.

Hmmmm.....I watched that Red Bank TFN from jojoct. Lovely "leaning back on stool for optimal display" video, fo' sho'. :Thud: Lovely man...generous, too, to continue leaning back like that...or perhaps "generous" isn't the word. My friend Totally might describe his behavior in this clip as more....

exhibitionist-like.

gah. He does pack it in, doesn't he? :hubbahubba:

And he might've been sick that night, but he was bee-you-tee-"full" heh

Oh, I'd say that was quite generous by my estimation......definitely more than a handful. Shoot! Did I just type that? Ooops! My backspace key is broken...fancy that. I must say in all seriosity.....that piece of video was a most divine way to spend ten minutes (okay....thirty) minutes of my day. It's got everything a girl could want in a piece of clack and sums up my fandom quite nicely right there in a custom made suit. He's so quick with the wit and the humour, easy on the eyes, gives great aural sex, and seems so confident and happy. No matter what he wears or sings or how he enters in two weeks time, I'm open to all of him it. :Tour3:

{{{{muski}}}} Water disasters are never anything but total suckage. I'd like to contribute a little something to the muski cold shower fund, too. How 'bout this one....

061207NorvolkJNT372copy.jpg

Am SOOOO happy about the tour coming up. I LOVE the symphony. I would not change anything Clay has given us for anything like I hear on Top 40 radio. I remember when we listened for Invisible on the countdowns and how exciting it was...but I also remember all the other s*** we had to hear while we waited. Just a waste of mah time! Not gonna' go back there. Am a few years older now and my patience is limited.

Would love a symphonic phonebook concert from Clay. He'd make it interesting and funny and thudworthy. He never disappoints. I'd love a concert with him alone on a stage with a pianist, stool, mike and spotlight. I'd love a rock band or a big band. If he's selling, I'm buying. Simple as that. He will build his base slowly like other singers do, over time, with quality. I want him around a LONG time, not dropped because he sung current music that suddeny became "so yesterday."

Can't wait for the clack, can't wait for the music, can't wait for the banter, the hair and the clothes, or what he might have in store for the poor symphony...lol.

I don't have to analyze his every move, professional or personal, to enjoy him. He makes me laugh and is a direct giver of joy. Exactly what I need in my world. And, IMO, what the world needs. . . and, if it takes a little longer than some would like, too bad. It will get there, but on his timetable and his terms.

So long as he keeps singing and touring, I'll be happy.

I'm wondering if we'll get any tv coverage of the tour rehearsals like we've seen in previous years. Depending on where the gang is rehearsing, Clay could stop by WRAL for a little chat with his pal Linda Loveland, or ET / The Insider could send some cameras out. I suppose the problem with having any TV coverage, though, is that without the live orchestra, rehearsals for this tour might not make for the greatest visuals. I remember seeing a JBT preview on Access Hollywood (And WTF?!ing over Clay in a white suit doing synchronized kicks), and ET previewing the sets for JNT2005 (with Clay explaining the significance of Beverly's address). Anyway, I'd love to get a tiny glimpse of what the man has up his sleeve...

Muskifest, I just remembered that when my mother had some pipes burst in her upstairs bathroom that caused the ceilings in the kitchen and her bathroom downstairs to fall in, her home insurance paid for the repairs. Have you looked into this? It would be great if all this mess you're dealing with were covered.

I was going to suggest this also. Have you checked into it? It was the first thing I thought of when I read your post this morning. That's what homeowner's is for IMO.

----

I wish I could respond to all the wonderful posts here today. WOWZA! :F_05BL17blowkiss: But there is just too much good. I think you've covered it all and I'm in awe!

IMO, as Jaymes once said, Clay knows exactly who he is musically.

And I can't wait to see what's next!

:Tour3:

---

EEEEE! I thought of something semi-relavent to add..!

re : Marketing. My own kids have grown up being the target of marketing. They've even taken marketing classes. They have a keen sense of when they are being "marketed to". It turns them off.

Edited by jamar1700

Every which way I imagined him coming was fantastic

Yes.

He's so quick with the wit and the humour, easy on the eyes, gives great aural sex, and seems so confident and happy. No matter what he wears or sings or how he enters in two weeks time, I'm open to all of him it

*whimper*

and the picture?

:Thud:

Oh, to have that man look at me like that...when we're not in a room full of a few thousand other hopefuls...Oh to be his microphone in that picture...Oh and in that clip didn't you just want to get on that stage and put your hand(s)over that bounty and just.....

just....

....and then....stare into his eyes while your fingers trace the zipper---first cupping the bottom, then aaaaa-lllll the way up and then down again...around...all the while watching his eyes and mouth, listening to his breaths catching with each pass of your fingertips over the strained fabric...waiting for the lipbite that tells you he's almost ready to throw you down and .....

Edited by muskifest

Couchieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Have fun (???) at jazzercize, but where are your priorities woman? How do the pins look????? :imgtongue:

Ummm.... muski? Please come here and explain the sound I just made to my cats.

Between your post and the pic KarenEh just posted, I am toast.

Phew.

I look at something like that and wonder why anybody ever messes with his eyes in photos. They are exquisite just as they are. Ever changing, ever mesmerizing. GAHHHHH! Perfection!

ETA: You know, I think if I were ever on the receiving end of that look 'for real', I'd honest to god swoon.

Edited by cindilu2

Oooh! Lookie what I brought for the eHP! A present!

thClayAikenConcertCar.gif

Bwhaaha! Hey, KAndre! Wonder if this car has a demon electronic navigator?

:Tour3: :TourExcite:

Oh, and don't y'all just LOVE this one?

clay06.gif

I'm just passing time waiting for couchie so we can go to Jazzercize... :whistling-1:

Am SOOOO happy about the tour coming up. I LOVE the symphony. I would not change anything Clay has given us for anything like I hear on Top 40 radio. I remember when we listened for Invisible on the countdowns and how exciting it was...but I also remember all the other s*** we had to hear while we waited. Just a waste of mah time! Not gonna' go back there. Am a few years older now and my patience is limited.

Would love a symphonic phonebook concert from Clay. He'd make it interesting and funny and thudworthy. He never disappoints. I'd love a concert with him alone on a stage with a pianist, stool, mike and spotlight. I'd love a rock band or a big band. If he's selling, I'm buying. Simple as that. He will build his base slowly like other singers do, over time, with quality. I want him around a LONG time, not dropped because he sung current music that suddeny became "so yesterday."

Can't wait for the clack, can't wait for the music, can't wait for the banter, the hair and the clothes, or what he might have in store for the poor symphony...lol.

I don't have to analyze his every move, professional or personal, to enjoy him. He makes me laugh and is a direct giver of joy. Exactly what I need in my world. And, IMO, what the world needs. . . and, if it takes a little longer than some would like, too bad. It will get there, but on his timetable and his terms.

So long as he keeps singing and touring, I'll be happy.

:clap: I wish I had said that!

I'm wondering if we'll get any tv coverage of the tour rehearsals like we've seen in previous years. Depending on where the gang is rehearsing, Clay could stop by WRAL for a little chat with his pal Linda Loveland, or ET / The Insider could send some cameras out. I suppose the problem with having any TV coverage, though, is that without the live orchestra, rehearsals for this tour might not make for the greatest visuals. I remember seeing a JBT preview on Access Hollywood (And WTF?!ing over Clay in a white suit doing synchronized kicks), and ET previewing the sets for JNT2005 (with Clay explaining the significance of Beverly's address). Anyway, I'd love to get a tiny glimpse of what the man has up his sleeve...

Oooo! I would like that too! I do remember the preview of the JBT with not only synchronized kicks but him in a white leisure suit! It scared me. I went into Toms River convinced it would be tacky and terrible and I would hate it.

WRONG!

Pray for me people. I'm going to jazzercize.

Better you than me! Good luck!

Every which way I imagined him coming was fantastic

Yes.

He's so quick with the wit and the humour, easy on the eyes, gives great aural sex, and seems so confident and happy. No matter what he wears or sings or how he enters in two weeks time, I'm open to all of him it

*whimper*

and the picture?

Oh, to have that man look at me like that...when we're not in a room full of a few thousand other hopefuls...Oh to be his microphone in that picture...Oh and in that clip didn't you just want to get on that stage and put your hand(s)over that bounty and just.....

just....

....and then....stare into his eyes while your fingers trace the zipper---first cupping the bottom, then aaaaa-lllll the way up and then down again...around...all the while watching his eyes and mouth, listening to his breaths catching with each pass of your fingertips over the strained fabric...waiting for the lipbite that tells you he's almost ready to throw you down and .....

Ok, now I am the one who needs a cold shower! I think I just purred!

Why does that happen? All I see is IBP image - no picture. I don't even get a red X

All I see are little blue boxes with question marks in them!

Edited by Claygasm

I was going to suggest this also. Have you checked into it? It was the first thing I thought of when I read your post this morning. That's what homeowner's is for IMO.

Just wondering if you saw these posts, muski. Let us know.

Gah!! I'm toast. What with the photo up there and watching jojo's video I am done!

I only hope I revive in time for the weekend when the eHP will descend on my pad.

I think I have everyone's name who is coming to the Houston Bash. Well if even I don't we will just make "stuff" up! You have been warned!

Evil who's evil.......not us! :eusa_whistle:

I drove by Jones Hall this afternoon and saw the glory of the marquee with Clay Aiken's gorgeous face, in the 5'o'clock rush hour. It was good to be stopped so I could gaze at that beautiful sight. It was almost surreal. And oh so wonderful.

When I went by yesterday "Houston Symphony Plays Led Zeppelin" was up on the marquee ... but YAY for TODAY!

Wow. His eyes are so green in that last picture. Do they look that beautiful in person? I've heard people comment on his lazer beams and green eyes before but most pictures don't show the color that well.

I'm getting really jealous of those of you going to the first concerts in Texas. I'll be sightseeing in DC at the time. I hope my husband doesn't get too annoyed when I want to read in here about the first concerts and download Clack and stuff. I'm going to be on vacation for the first two weeks of the tour.

The pics you all have been posting are gorgeous. He's so damn sexy.

Ah.. this is my favorite time of of the day...where I sit down and go through the day's posts.

Jazzercise was fun. I was so proud of myself for keeping up (keeping up is different from being on rhythm and getting all the steps trust me)... but then we took out the mats and started doing the abs work and it almost killed me. I hope I can move tomorrow.

The pins are beautiful. Hopefully the bubble mailers I ordered will be here tomorrow or Saturday. They were shipped on Monday. If so, the pins will go by early next week. I'll keep you posted. In any case, I do know you will have before July 4th.

Play: thanks for the pictures. Dibs on the bed. heee. I don't know where everybody else will sleep.

play, we could all fit in there. Sort of. If we hang out butts out the windows....

Bwah

YSRN sounds like quite the project and I don't think I understand any of what you're doing but good luck!!

I hate it when real life interrupts my Clay high.

Dealing with leaking water heaters and damaged floors today, women.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: to Muski. I have witnessed the damage. I told her she can come over my house and do the washing. Better than a laundromat..cuz I have CLACK!

I am absolutely getting ramped up for this tour. I got my tourpass badge from the CB today in the mail, I got a shipped confirmation email from CafePress on the black tees (faster than promised, woot!) I have all my tickets safely tucked away. I AM READY!!!!!!!!!!

heee... that post brought to us by the exclamation point heee. Yes you are ready...and thanks for designing our pin. Want to make sure you get your props! Whoo hoo.

I think I need to make a list (SHUT UP!) of things left to do before Syracuse.

I think it will become real for me on Saturday when I go shopping. I don't really shop much at all but usually before a trip I just love to go buy new stuff. I was going to wait until the end of July...you know after i drop 15 more pounds </delusional> but 40% off everything in the store is 40% off of everything in the store. heee Then on to my lists... I really need to think about this. Who has my tickets! LOL.

OMG...its so funny...I have been planning this trip to CA with a totally wrong date in mind. I thought the first concert was Aug 1...and that I had to go to Couchies on the 31st. Anyway...I didn't want to leave on the 30th...thought it was making things too hectic since I wanted to spend some time with my Aunt. So I ended up leaving on Saturday...July 28th since no flight form here on the 29Th...hee. SO i will have more time to kill in SF before i meet up with the CA posse.. I guess I will just do my clothes shopping there. Better choices.

I also wonder how this concert will start. I don't think we will get any elaborate staging....what if we are treated with a full symphony version of .....invisible..lol

Oh I definitely expect Invisible. Hey it's ok Ansa that you get in early...I'll try not to steal you from your family too soon but hopefully I'll see you before the 1st where she'll get to spend 2 hours with me in my final stress class. I'm nothing if not a unique host. heee And you too can learn to eat 3 raisins in 15 minutes!

Great post Clayzor...I think it was one I commented on earlier but just wanted to reiterate that.

I don't really like to speculate or extrapolate much in this fandom, it alwas seems to set up for disappointment, I am amazed that so many others have yet to discover this it is the same thing over and over again.

Whish is why I bide my time with silly emoticons and off topic stories that amuse me.

Play, you're really good at saying things in a very concise way. I need to learn to do that. :lilredani:

An interoffice softball game was held every year between the marketing department and support staff of one company.The day of the game, as hard as marketers tried the support staff beat the marketing department soundly. In their best tradition the Marketing Department decided to find their best 'spin' they could on the dismal result. They showed how they earned their keep by posting this memo on the bulletin board after the game:

"The Marketing Department is pleased to announce that for the recently-completed softball season,we came in second place,having lost but one game all year. The Support Department however had a rather dismal season,as they won only one game all season."

Ok Bwah, this made me LOL. Hell I came thisclose to a marketing degree but preferred journalism. But Jesus I know that's a profession that takes a beating!!

Not to be rude, but if all that happens, I may wear out my scroll button and discover a lot of new funny emoticons.

Works for me Play. I love your emoticons.

Ok I have searched and searched but I can't find a post where treenuts explained her screen name. I read everything..how did I miss this and why can't I find it?

wordpooper.gif

Ansa, you're my hero. I might have to re-think that marriage thing to treenuts - is bigamy legal at FCA couchie? :cryingwlaughter:

OMG Bwah..love that emoticon. And yes, marry as many FCAers as you like. And each of your sister wives can have their own Clay wedding song :cryingwlaughter:

Where can I get me one o' those blahblahblah dunce capped emotes? Me waaaaannnntttt!!!

Treenuts, your wish is my command. I love it too!

I believe that celebration deserves as much attention, if not more, than angst.

I feel ya.

Artquest..I'm blind..what does that say..Old Clack? heee What is it? I can't even tell.

Just word on that mini concert at Kimmel. I mean most of this fandom has only heard ATD, Without You from this album. Clay sang the snot out of all of those songs and it was just a wonderful wonderful night. I can't wait for everyone to hear more. Sorry may be his new WYSYLM as even before he sang that night he said something about forgetting the words and sure enough...damn I can't wait for the tour.

Totally...Wow, loved your entire post. I could have written most of it..hell if I did the research I could probably show that I have made every single point you just did. And you said it with so few words. How do ya'll do that. heee.

I swear I could cut every single post I write in half if I edited for a few days LOL.

IMO, as Jaymes once said, Clay knows exactly who he is musically.

Hey Jamar, I know Jaymes said this but can you remind of WHEN she said this?

Couchieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Have fun (???) at jazzercize, but where are your priorities woman? How do the pins look????? :imgtongue:

Great. And oh, you can ask Muski because she recieved hers already heee.

Whoot..caught up.