#14 We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!"

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• I'm easy....I will take Clay any way he wants to give it to me!
    • Clay's instrument is full and especially soul-piercing the deeper it goes.
    • LOOKING FOR WALDO
    • Cut The Crap And Show Us Your Willy
    • [He's] a top quality human being
    • Clay Aiken: You are a Man of Character
    • Clay Aiken... bringing brainy back!!!
    • the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature
    • We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!" (redux)

I just want to go on record and say that I once broke bread with members of the eHP...and survived! It was actually one of the most delightful experiences that I have ever had in the fandom. It happened just last winter, before Clay's Long Island concert. It just goes to show you that you shouldn't believe everything bad you hear about people on the Internet! :P

Of course, I'm from Brooklyn, so they must have been skeered of me, even though I left my gun at home that night. :cryingwlaughter:

Many of us are "refugees" so to speak or bi-boardal. We all have histories. We all can have a fresh start here.

Bi-boardal??? :cryingwlaughter: OMG, that sounds like something we need anti-psychotics for. Is there a counseling center here?

Question: Is the Scarlett that y'all are referring to the same as ClackGoddess Scarlett? My avi on another board is from the first row video she took at the Des Moines concert. Clay smiled at me. :wub: That smile went clear down to my toes. With a detour to the girly parts.

Many of us are "refugees" so to speak or bi-boardal. We all have histories. We all can have a fresh start here.

Bi-boardal??? :cryingwlaughter: OMG, that sounds like something we need anti-psychotics for. Is there a counseling center here?

Question: Is the Scarlett that y'all are referring to the same as ClackGoddess Scarlett? My avi on another board is from the first row video she took at the Des Moines concert. Clay smiled at me. :wub: That smile went clear down to my toes. With a detour to the girly parts.

yup the very same...

Yes Scalett is a member here and a member of the ehp and clack goddess extraordinaire. You have not lived until you have seen her commandeering a big screen TV from hotel staff with her stash of clack scattered all around. Nirvana!

As for cousenling..uh no..we go straight to: :drink: :704: :bier: :voll::drugsneeded:

Hey I'm new here and found this board by way of the CH even though I'm not a member there. I've tried forever to gain access but they won't let me play. Fortunately I clicked on one of the links there and it brought me here by way of that hot picture of Clay with his pants unzipped. :Thud: I was able to see Clay live in Asheville he was awesome. Anyway just wanted to say hey and can someone tell me the best places to visit on this board. Thanks

Edited by watcher

Since I may be to blame for Bookwhore editing her post, let me just say to all newbies what I said to her. I didn't mean she had to really delete anything, except maybe a sentence.

This is an open board, anyone can read and many non-posters do read it Not everyone who reads here likes what they see, some just bring it back to other boards. There are no secrets or special approval of people (like, for example, Chexxy), there is no plotting, there is no pretense, there is just fun.

What I said to BW was that she might not want to post a name of a person who had been banned from a board re-signing under an alias. That kind of information may end up somewhere where you don't want it to end up.

I am not a mod, I am no authority, I just meant it as a harmless reminder, not as a cause for her to remove her post. Sorry if this muddied the waters.

ETA - I am a big editor of my own posts, expecially for spelling and grammer and pointlessness.

Edited by playbiller

Hey I'm new here and found this board by way of the CH even though I'm not a member there. I've tried forever to gain access but they won't let me play. Fortunately I clicked on one of the links there and it brought me here by way of that hot picture of Clay with his pants unzipped. :Thud: I was able to see Clay live in Asheville he was awesome. Anyway just wanted to say hey and can someone tell me the best places to visit on this board. Thanks

Hey Watcher...welcome. You are in the main thread...the place where we talk about Clay and talk to each other.

There are a lot of other areas about the concerts and other topics...just explore and post in threads that are most interesting to you.

ahem - edited by couchie - ..and the VIEW NEW POSTS options is wonderful - it will let you know of any new and current convos happening since the last time you visited.

Thanks for that explanation Play. And you bring up a good point. Just a reminder that this is an open board. You don't have to be a member to read every word. And apparantly some people have decided that they are fan police and have reported back to mods at other boards. If I were that mod I'd actually tell them to get a life. But apparantly some people have nothing better to do. This isn't life or death. He's a cute popstar! But still, know your comfort zone.

Of course, I'm from Brooklyn, so they must have been skeered of me, even though I left my gun at home that night. :cryingwlaughter:

bwah. I was raised in Oakland CA so I can relate. heee.

Ivy-FYI some members here have been harassed by Chexxxys. I read the original post that spawned the board and I agreed with much of it and especially understood the frustration- but never understood or condoned the tactics I've heard about. There won't be a witch hunt here but just know some people will be rightfully upset at what they experienced. And I was upset as well although it did not happen to me.

Playbiller, I really didn't take your advice in a bad way. It's just that after you reminded me of the fact that some people carry tales to other boards (a fact of which I am, unfortunately, very familiar), I realized that I talk too much. :cryingwlaughter: My post was boring, anyway. So no harm done. I didn't get offended, and I appreciated your concern for me.

Thanks. :bier:

I'm one of those silly people that didn't even own a computer until Clay came along. I was chained to one at work and just couldn't see EVER wanting one at home. Hee. When I had it delivered the Sept after AI ended I literally threw the boxes in a corner where they stayed for about 6 mos. Life has never been quite the same.

I actually started out at FORT, Any FORTERS here? I never posted there. Moved on to the ezboards, ATCA, RHT and then CV.

My sns are jamar1700 or JaMar everywhere.

The first thing I ever had to do that required an internet sn for work was the NYtimes website. I used jamar because its from an old childhood club game where we'd take the first couple letters of our first and middle names and give ourselves a cool new name. 1700 is the random numbers that NYtimes assigned to it because there was already a jamar registered. I just picked the first suggestion offered. Who knew? For RHT/CV I streamlined a bit to just JaMar but I'm jamar1700 just about everywhere else including the ezboards and OFC, and even my baseball board.

Speaking of which...I lead my oldest to the baseball board where the little shit posts as...son of jamar1700. I kid you not. We just call him SOJie for short. Hee.

---

And just a word, if I may, about the houses at RHT. I belonged to 2 very active house with almost the same membership. Trust me there was way more talk about mundane ordinary things than any secret keeping or making. Seriously we were just blathering on about our lives. At the time it never occured to me that anyone thought otherwise. I know different now.

----

.and the VIEW NEW POSTS options is wonderful - it will let you know of any new and current convos happening since the last time you visited.

It's true! :RedGuy:

Edited by jamar1700

Clay is so cutting edge.bwah. My TV is on and in the past 1/2 hour two tv theme show songs have been reworked for commercials. One was Welcome Back Kotter..forget the product. The other I can't remember the name of the TV show "we're going to make it afterall" ..that one...and the product was Chase.

Okay kids, time to look at Clay some more ....

Pic003fsn.jpg

Pic008fsn.jpg

Pic009fsn.jpg

Muski, this must be the climax of the song ....

Pic014fsn.jpg

I think I know what's happening here ....

Pic021fsn.jpg

From the Orlando Sentinel:

There has been no shortage of American Idol traffic in Central Florida lately. First, there was Clay Aiken last weekend at Hard Rock Live. Now, Taylor Hicks hits the same venue to unleash some of his blue-eyed soul. Hicks doesn't seem to command the insane loyalty that the ClayMates shower on their man, but his music has a welcome old-school R&B edge. Not likely that he'll cover Destiny's Child, the way Aiken did last weekend.

The most important thing to know about me is .... LoveClaySign.gif

and maybe this too ......

homelandsecurity-1.jpg

Clay's hair looked absolutely perfect in Orlando although I am partial to the longer AMA hair.

Kim

I know this is corny, but I've been laughing my ass off for 10 minutes now. On this site you can choose the character and make them say anything you want. There's a character from the UK named Simon. I made him say "Clay, I was wrong. You do look like a popstar." I startled my son, I laughed so loud.

http://www.oddcast.com/home/demos/tts/tts_...ple.php?sitepal

And yes, I did make one say, "Teri, Clay is hot for you". Is there a problem? :medium-smiley-070:

Clay's hair looked absolutely perfect in Orlando although I am partial to the longer AMA hair.
I totally agree.

West Palm Beach hair was not bad either!

camera.jpg

feelinit.jpg

I have an extreme soft spot for long bangs on Clay. It's something about eyes with long bangs that I noticed 15 months ago. Noticed. Yeah, I noticed.

185458004-L.jpg

Hee, I was watching a show on wedding today and they were giiving all sorts of advice, some reasonable, some not for everyone (men should buy their tuxedos? I don't think they can all afford to do that)

One piece of advice to the men was - get your hair cut at least 1 week or more before the wedding - If you do it the night before, you will have no chance to fix it. I thought of Clay and concerts - guess I think of Clay too often.

that is always be something of a suspense...Couchie at least will be able to tell us what he looks like of AYSTAFG..

oh geesh, you think KAndre's brown white boy hair is bad..just wait till I have to do it. I totally have no interest in the hair...only notice it when it's really bad..and I mean Kevin STuddard did it bad.

Whatever Angela is doing to Clay's butt, he really seems to be enjoying it!!!

WPBDCAT8.jpg

Clay's concert attendance from Pollstar

08/18/07

Clay Aiken

Raymond Kravis Ctr. - Dreyfoos Hall

West Palm Beach, FL

(In-House Promotion)

90%

$20 - $100

$120,314

08/12/07

Clay Aiken

Tennessee Theatre

Knoxville, TN

(In-House Promotion) / A.C. Entertainment

92%

$48.25 - $67.50

$75,371

Edited by keepingfaith

Is Kevin Studdard a relation to Ruben? I wanna see the bad hair! I don't think I've ever seen that picture. What was it for? And why was he doing Clay's hair?

Kevin is Ruben's brother, but I cannot for the life of me remember when he did Clay's hair.

Kim

Is Kevin Studdard a relation to Ruben? I wanna see the bad hair! I don't think I've ever seen that picture. What was it for? And why was he doing Clay's hair?

Kevin is Ruben's brother, but I cannot for the life of me remember when he did Clay's hair.

Kim

When Clay and Ruben went to Canada to do a guest spot for Canadian idol...Clay;s hair was terrible..I'm not sure if he really said it was Kevin that did his hair or if that was just a joke.

Karen Eh? tosses a Cheese Doodle and snatches her tongue back from the.......um.....kitty.

I haven't posted because I can't keep up with y'all....Lord! You have been a model of prolific this weekend, haven't ya? I'm still up in Canada visiting family (from kids, to mothers, and the whole gamut of relations) until the middle of September. My husband is still in Texas so those relations are on hold for the time being. I have to hang here until my husband drops by, for a week, after Labor Day and then returns to the US to renew his work visa. I can't reenter the US until he's done that.....our current visas expire on September 2nd. I make this trek mostly alone (or with my dog) in the car two or three times a year. I get asked all the time how I can do that 5 day drive all by myself but in all honesty, it's marvelous to have all that time to myself. Love it! If at all possible, I catch a few concerts or appearances along the way. Hopefully, I will get a GPS for Christmas.

If we have any money left that is.

Anyhow, I'm one of those fans that found Clay on that first day on AI2 and didn't realize that I had fallen so hard until the show ended, and it occurred to me that I wasn't going to have a date with him the following Tuesday night. I was so not ready to break up.

I went to the Fox Idol site, found a link to Bolt and tour dates. Bolt was interesting. I ended up at Neurox, TWOP, PRoC, and ultimately the LBFCA. Talk about your guilty pleasures........I would open that site and close it so fast (silly me!).....go back, open it again.....close it not so fast. etc etc. etc. The purple pages of the LBFCA became, and still are, what I consider my home board. Before I got into the photography thing I was into writing....nothing serious....I'm better at nonsense..... and had a blast creating a few Main Pages for that site. Even now I go back and read through the archived Main Pages at the LBFCA. If you're ever feeling like the fandom is getting a little to heavy go back over there and dig through the archives. Every page ever put up is still there.....some funny sh*t. Look for some more new ones in the near future, we've got a push on to get back some of the timeliness and frequency with which those pages went up. There is just so much good material to work with these days!

I don't remember when I joined FCA. All I do know is that I was getting topic notifications in my email and I was just deleting them. One day in the spring (?) I opened one accidentally and saw that it was KAndre who had posted in an FCA thread and I said to myself......."Huh? So what's this all about then?" I followed the link like a good minion and voila. Here I am......Member #888. I think it's good luck or something....if I would just remember not to put my purse on the floor when I get my nails done, I think I'd have it knocked.

Where was I? (Yes, Karen is a babbler.) keepingfaith is negotiating with someone at the SPCA for another tongue deprived cat right about now. Okay, so........I found this place when my interest in the boards was starting to ebb a bit. I've never had any major issues with any board or anyone but I found I was doing an awful lot of scrolling and nobody wanted to play all that much.....or maybe they had just forgotten how. I have never lost sight of how absurd I think this whole thing is.......I love it because it is just that. I don't want it to make sense. I don't care if anyone in my family understands me or gets it. I want to be the crazy old aunt someday. The one everyone talks about because there's something worth talking about. Haven't we got the best stories?

We've got so many stories, it's hard to keep track.

I'm losing focus here....hang in for a bit, I think I can get it together in the end.

In 2005 I left Nova Scotia (hence the Eh?......pronounced "A" as in YAY!!) to take up residence in Houston where I was inducted into membership in the eHP. I have never hit Solo, however.....and I did hide the glitter glue on KAndre so she couldn't slather lovingly apply it all over the nametags for the CH Houston party but....... You learn early in the eHP to stick up for yourself and duck when necessary. I love them.....every one of them.

I love everybody. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

So, here I sit up in Canada. I have classes starting online this Monday and most of my pix from the summer tour to do and get uploaded. It's a tough job when you're a clack ho and can't seem close that media player without "one more time." I think someone should write and sell a download manager called "Tourniquet".....

Okay, then.....it isn't often I comment on the serious stuff because I'm happy to let someone do the heavy thinking for me fluffy. Seriously.....let me think about that for a while. I could probably phrase that better. Bottom line for me is...this is supposed to be fun. There's no point in being here, for me, if it isn't and while I do have opinions......yes, I really do sometimes.....the fun part is the most important thing for me. The rest I just find all very fascinating. Oh, and the pretty is good, too. I like the pretty....and the voice and all the great people I've met.

I am going through luggage and tires faster than my kids went through diapers in 1986. Thank God, luggage and tires are cheaper. This weekend I've been doing the happy dance because I found out that I'm free from school work as of December the 8th and make my way northward to Nova Scotia for Christmas anytime after that! I can do Red Bank and Morristown and anything other shows come up along the way. This has made me very very happy. Unlike the rumblings of a job transfer to Azerbaijan.

Well, I'm kind of interested in driving to Moscow instead of Halifax....really.

Oh........and about the school thing, you new folks shouldn't be fooled by that reference. I'm older than dirt.

I love this board. I think you'll find it's just got the right kind of atmosphere to suit most everyone.

Dead horses are quickly converted to glitter glue.

That's about as sticky as it ever gets.

Well, that's a lie. It gets sticky quite often around here......hence, all the laundry.

187388948-L.jpg

Throw in another load and wait for the spin cycle.

Question.....can you get the same effect from a front loader as you get from a top loader?

Just wondering, before I spend all that money for nothing.

OMG!! This took so long you've all moved onto his hair! I just wonder what it feels like.

Edited by Karen Eh?

Yeah. That. The album came out at a time that will always help me to associate that particular song with MrSTP. Always.
:wub:

Mother of God, people.... yapyapyapf.gif

bookwhore, I saw that....and I think I have a little crush on you. Heh.

Protective of Clay's nose hairs... < ---- thinking of making that my location... whaddya think? :lilredani:

I started to write a story of my life and then realized it would be more fun to make everyone learn about me the hard way. Heh. But maybe I'll skeer ya'll and write one anyway. :shit-eating grin emotie:

I think I met Couchie in the Jimmy Kimmel line.
It coulda been. ;):lol:

and maybe this too ......

homelandsecurity-1.jpg

Bwah! And yet, not.

eta... oh great, I'm after KarenEh? Just ignore me. ;) Hee.

Edited by YSRN