#14 We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!"

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• I'm easy....I will take Clay any way he wants to give it to me!
    • Clay's instrument is full and especially soul-piercing the deeper it goes.
    • LOOKING FOR WALDO
    • Cut The Crap And Show Us Your Willy
    • [He's] a top quality human being
    • Clay Aiken: You are a Man of Character
    • Clay Aiken... bringing brainy back!!!
    • the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature
    • We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!" (redux)

Oooo I loves new people!! Now if I just knew what they were talking about....green ink?

Thanks rcknrllmom, loved your montage

Ha I actually spelled your name without having to go back and look*g*

:xmas07a:

rcknrllmom already knows how much I enjoy and love her montages. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Now if you want to talk about blue ink, there are a few of us from OFC that probably hold the record for the most blue ink. Bwahaa. Let's see, couchie, do I want to pay another $30.00 next year to experience that again. Nope. I don't think so. Let's just say that I don't think Cap is the only bad fan that should be named at the OFC. I won't rejoin. I will spend my $30.00 on more merchandise to support him instead.

I am kind of conflicted on the whole "glory note" thing; If he does them, I want him to do them because he wants to and not because he thinks it is what the fans want...I worry about him straining his voice especially when he is doing 4 or 5 concerts in a row.

Kim

I'm just going to let Clay worry about his voice. I'll just enjoy listening to it. He doesn't seem too concerned. As he has said many times, he doesn't warm up or do anything to protect it. If he misses a note or strains his voice, oh well. Nothing my worrying can do about that. I do get embarrassed for him when that happens, though.

And I see I disagree with Ansa over this. *sigh* I do agree that he tends to use them to showboat from time to time, but for the most part, I think he knows when and how to do them. And I LIKED the RHW note. Good God.

Hee I know I am probably in the minority about this. I just don't find the long sustained note aesthetically pleasing. Although I appreciate how hard it is to do...its like holding a heavy weight and keeping your arms straight in the same position. it does take a lot of skill...but I kinda get bored with it. But he does do it well...so even if it is not my most favorite thing...I really won;t complain about it. What I loved is his improvisation on IWTKWLI...I hope he would develop that more...love soulful Clay.

Ansamcw, you are not alone. I love Clay's ability to glory note and hold it, but I don't like it when he goes on forever, trying to showboat. ldyjocelyn, I agree that Clay knows when and how to do them when he records. However when he sings the songs live he always want to go overboard and that ruins the song for me.

At the risk of incurring the wrath of the Green-Eyed Soul Lovers, am I the only one who doesn't like IYDKMBN?

Kim

Bite. Your. Tongue!!!!!!!!!!! OMG...that is one my very favorite songs from ATDW. The other one is Broken Wings. Neither of which he sang in concert. *cries*

See, Couchie, this is how he gets ya. I thought I could care less about hearing MOAM again, he sang it on a few TV appearaces, he did it in his first 2 concerts. I listened to the CD almost non stop in my car for about a year and a half, I kid you not. I didn't even carry other CDs in my car, and I bought my first car with a CD player just a few months after MOAM came out. But then, he did it. He felt MOAM on this tour, he sang it with more passion than I ever heard in the song before, and just like that, as a result I feel it agaian and it's back up there as a favorite song.

I was never a big fan of this song but he sold it to me this concert. He sang it well, and I loved the feeling and interpretation he put into it. Fabulous and beautiful. I think though, for me, the reason it was my favorite performance and song is this. He sang it straight. He sang it by himself. He didn't joke or kid around or mess up the words, or do silly faces, or any of that stuff that I don't particularly care for. He just sat there, sang this song, and showed people why he has such a dedicated following. His singing talent. I wish he would do this more in concert and less banter. JMHO

OK I'm LOL...remember the good old days when I used to beg for people after 8 PM on the west coast because I was the only one up..me and YSRN holding down the fort heee. These are better days.

And FYI a lot of your new board members have been checking in ..but I'm sure ya'll have used VIEW NEW POSTS so knew that already. :eusa_whistle:

I'm not so much for Clay doing Broadway because I just think he'd be bored or he'd change stuff up and have random lyrics generator and it might not be appreciated. I do dream of a one man show though. That would be fun.

Green Eyed Soul Clay -- I'll Be There.... If You Don't Know Me By Now SWOOOOOOOOOON!

ETA: :I'm totally missing JennaZ today.

couchie, I agree. I don't think Clay would be a good fit for broadway and musicals. He doesn't seem to want to learn the words to his own songs, let alone for a musical. :cryingwlaughter: His random lyric generator should get paind overtime. Hee I can't remember if he ever learned the words to IWCY. One of my favorite songs from MOAM. Oh and I'm with YSRN, YUCK to his Oprah version of that song.

One more thing...I don't think the booing was a racist reaction...and believe me the last thing I want to do is defend the boo(e)r TM Wandacleo. I really think it stemmed from either jealousy or contempt for the behavior...nothing more.

Honestly I don't either. Now she could very well be racist, I don't really know. I do know Clay has racist and homophobic fans. I'm not one of them and I don't condone that at all. Personally, I just think she booed to try and send a message to Clay that she doesn't like all the audience participation with the same fans at every concert. That would include Heather and Bob & Linda. At least that is what I took from her Dear Clay letter at OFC. I think it is possible that she is protected by some people because they agree with her on that point, and think she took one for the team by being brave enough to boo. Hoping Clay would get the message. Insert eye roll here.

Whatever her reason was, I didn't like it. It was without class and it embarrassed Clay in front of the orchestra, and in front of potential new fans. It also doesn't make for good editorial reviews of the concert, to read that people where booing. Unforgivable to me. Not that she needs my forgiveness, but I if I was her I wouldn't hold out any hope for a meet and greet with Clay. It is not the way to get your message across. If she, or anyone else really, is unhappy with what he is doing in concert then she should of stayed home or got up and left. Actions speak louder than words. That's my 2 cents. *g*

Have a good weekend everyone. Welcome to all the newbies. They are too many to remember everyone's names.

Green Eyed Soul Clay -- I'll Be There.... If You Don't Know Me By Now SWOOOOOOOOOON!

Mind if I swoon with you, Couchie? I'll Be There. After watching Motown clack from JBT the first time, I couldn't rest until I'd downloaded every piece of Motown clack available. If anybody is holding back on Motown clack I'd die to see it. His Pip routine on Midnight Train To Georgia, My Girl, Tears of a Clown, oh so revealing, but then there's I'll Be There, which had me searching the clack specifically for when he sang it with the cry in his voice before the booming "I'll be there" with outstretched arms, and when there was full frontal video of that thing he did with his left leg at the the beginning. Why didn't he sing more of that song? The force was strong. And following that up with his Blue Brothers routine backing up Angela led me to another search for the perfect Cool Cat Clay during Think. Trying to nail down the a perfect Motown performance according to my criteria has been one of the best obsessions I've ever had.

So if there's a clack gathering goddess holding back any hot .avi Motown files :whistling-1: just saying .... I'm willing to pay.

Another Motown lover here. Clay as a Pip :wub: I put this medley on a lot of my 'Clay favorites' compilation CDs, along with the duets, ANMHE, COF, SSD, and IKYWW. So share your favorite performances, please! Which one has the cry, and the full frontal video of the thing he did with his left leg?

I wish he would do this more in concert and less banter. JMHO

Hee, clayzor. I understand that, and agree with it to a point. But you know me....I love me my goofy Clay. I love it when he goes totally "off script," because then I think we get some classic comedy. I can see where it would be frustrating (for example, I don't envy YSRN in rating TWYMMF....), but I'm one that thinks entertainer Clay is "off the hook" and sells just as many records via comedy.

And to prove MY personal point -- I think I've maybe downloaded 5 MOAMs from this tour. But I've downloaded anything with the words "Banter" in it, and every single TV medley and classics medley. I agree that he sings the shiznit out of MOAM -- but I love to laugh, and those medleys did it for me every.single.time.

Yes, I'm weird.

I'm totally with CG on the "green eyed soul" thing. IYDKMBN is fantastic to me, and the Motown medley was my favorite section of the JBT as well (*waves at keepingfaith, MY twin, almost*). He knows how to wail with that stuff, and I WANT MORE!

Sorry for the yelling. :lilredani:

Count me in as a banter lover too!

Clay sings every song so beautifully that after a while I would think that without the banter it might get to be somewhat much of a muchness. Beauty on beauty on beauty. With the banter every concert is different and I cannot wait to see the Clack, to see his expressions and goofiness.

I have seen many people in concert and rarely if ever have I gone to see them more than once. In fact Clay is the only person that I will see the same concert in a tour more than once. It is just so entertaining and fun.

He is a delight that brings us something new everytime.

I just want to say hello as this is my first day here. JaMar told me I would like it here, and (by George!) I think she's right!! Very interesting discussions going on. And Aikim (who also just joined and informed me she's already up to 14 posts while I'm just putzing around reading), IYDKMBN isn't one of my favorite songs, but I have no standards whatsoever when Clay opens his mouth and starts to sing.

Re: Orlando and the booing.

I was there and as a non-Southerner in the deep south with white folks making complete fools of themselves all around us, yelling and waving signs, when Clay turned his attention to Ethel and Toni (whom I personally had not heard or seen making fools of themselves during that concert) and the booing started, I was completely horrified. I felt it was blatantly racist. Now, I'm willing to admit that perhaps I carry some historical bias that affected my reaction, but just the idea that someone would boo while Clay was talking was bad enough. Aiming it at 2 black women seemed egregious. I felt sick to my stomach.

Ethel may be more exuberant than some people like, but I'm damned sure that she has never said a negative thing about Clay and loves him completely, more than can be said for the booer (and that word would be more appropriate with the "e" removed.)

YAY wandacleo of the cool recaps...yup I don't know how you, luckiest and KAndre do it. Detailed, yet highly entertaining recaps. Thanks for sharing and welcome!!!

Mind if I swoon with you, Couchie? I'll Be There. After watching Motown clack from JBT the first time, I couldn't rest until I'd downloaded every piece of Motown clack available. If anybody is holding back on Motown clack I'd die to see it. His Pip routine on Midnight Train To Georgia, My Girl, Tears of a Clown, oh so revealing, but then there's I'll Be There, which had me searching the clack specifically for when he sang it with the cry in his voice before the booming "I'll be there" with outstretched arms, and when there was full frontal video of that thing he did with his left leg at the the beginning. Why didn't he sing more of that song? The force was strong. And following that up with his Blue Brothers routine backing up Angela led me to another search for the perfect Cool Cat Clay during Think. Trying to nail down the a perfect Motown performance according to my criteria has been one of the best obsessions I've ever had.

So if there's a clacki gathering goddess holding back any hot .avi Motown files :whistling-1: just saying .... I'm willing to pay.

The first time I heard Clay sing I'll Be There I did;t know who it was...it was during the first cellcert and Jacob just finished grapevine and then this really intense soulful voice started singing and I was goign...who is that? that can't be Jacob...its Clay EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! love it when he does things that surprise me.

A friendly hello to you all! I am sneeking in here early in the morning, because I can't sleep!

I wanted to say that I loved MOAM on this tour also!

I do believe that Clay can sing anything he wants. He really has an instrument that he is fully aware of!

(down smutters) No matter what he says about certain songs being hard, I do believe he knows he can sing anything.

Welcome Huuugs...WORD on this. I guess thats why I want him to sing some Broadway songs...not necessarily to sing on Broadway...I wonder how he do with materials like Jesus Christ superstar that has a rock edge to it...and songs from Les Miz that are very dramatic and classic.

the amazing thing is...I think he is just starting to explore his vocal and artistic range. Can't wait to see what he will come up with.

its really great to be a Clay fan.

Count me in as a banter lover too!

Clay sings every song so beautifully that after a while I would think that without the banter it might get to be somewhat much of a muchness. Beauty on beauty on beauty. With the banter every concert is different and I cannot wait to see the Clack, to see his expressions and goofiness.

I have seen many people in concert and rarely if ever have I gone to see them more than once. In fact Clay is the only person that I will see the same concert in a tour more than once. It is just so entertaining and fun.

He is a delight that brings us something new everytime.

WORD to this...as much as I love his voice...his tour will not be the same if its all just music. I don't think even clay will be able to stand the sameness.

Good Morning Everyone,

Looks like we will be getting more rain today...I am so so tired of this weather. So hubby is off on a an adventure this morning. He has been looking for a new car (a new old car) and finally found one that we can afford and looks to be in good shape. He is a Mustang fanatic and has been wanting a classic one for a long time. Right now he is driving an 85 Mustang that is being held together by a wing and a prayer and lots of rust. So he found this 1967 Mustang online and decided to go look at it. The kicker is it is in a town about 4 hours away from us (Staunto, Illinois...not too far from St.Louis.) so he got up about 4:00 this morning to make the drive and get down there by 9:00 a.m. He is like a little kid he is so excited about this car. I told him if he buys it will be his Birthday and Christmas gift for the next 5 years. In the meantime I am biting my nails over a second car payment and wondering how much my car insurance is going to go up!

3 Days until Clay tapes AYSTAFG!

62 Days until Clay is Live and Lincoln Center!

73 Days until Clay Tapes The Skating Special!

93 Days until the Christmas Tour Starts!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Edited by aikim

I enjoy some banter, and I wouldn't want Clay to give it up entirely. I think he is funny and quick witted. I love when he makes fun of his fans, or dresses them down. :eusa_whistle: I had a good time at my concert. But for me, as I've said, I go to his concerts to hear him sing songs from his cds. The same as I would do for any artist. I really do think that is what most non existing fans would also expect at a concert. I would prefer 2/3rds of the concert was singing. I think it is great that some of Clay's fans enjoy his banter and his silly goofy self. I like some of that too. I hope he gets a TV show someday where he can spend 2 hours showing the world all his many talents. He has great comedic timing and I see great acting potential in him as well. Always have. {{{hugs}}} Clay will do what he wants to do and he seems to like to banter at concerts. I wasn't putting him down, just expressing a preference, but then he doesn't ask me what I want, and rightfully so. :cryingwlaughter: Cause I'd hate to tell him that what I really want to do is to nail him. :eusa_whistle:

Well I love Clay's IYDKMBN. Surprises me to this day just how much I react to it because I loved the original first. Not the 80's Simply Red version (*barf*) .... the original Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes Original w/the swoony Teddy Pendergrass singing lead...mmmmmmmmmmm. So I was leary. Very leary. But Clay's version wins me over...time and time and time again. As he tends to do.

I have very very eclectic musical tastes. My favorites tend to run to Country, old stuff, new stuff. I grew up on it. Cheesy old standards by Tammy Wynette and George Jones, Ray Price, The Statler Bros. which segwayed into the stuff today. My main country love, as any of my friends could tell you, is George Strait...but I've also loved Doug Stone, T. Graham Brown, Brooks & Dunn, Blake Shelton, Rascal Flatts...even (don't throw stuff) Toby Keith. But I have a place deep in my soul (hee) reserved for the R&B of the 60's & 70's! OMG the groups! The Temptations, the Four Toups, The Spinners, THE O'JAYS!, Gladys Knight & the Pips, & of course the Blue Notes. Sam Cooke (mmmmmmmm) Al Green & Donnie Hathaway & Roberta Flack & the Platters. I could go on and on it seems.

I don't know why I'm so diverse and I fail whenever I try to come up with something that even resembles an explaination for what's all on my ipod. I mean ... Barry Manilow AND Barry White. :shrugs:

----

I do like all the different styles Clay can present in concert. I like when he's a bit understated too.

One of my very favorite is On the wings of love.... :wub:

I may have been theee ONLY fan that was disappointed in the BOTW switch that was made on the single.

---

Hee and I love Christmas Waltz. Thought I was the only one. *g*

----

Clayzor...just word. I could quote just about your whole post on the other page to agree with it but that would make this post another half a page. Hee. Just know that I agree!

-----

Hey wanda ... nice to see you made it over. :F_05BL17blowkiss: I did pm wanda the other day and suggested that she come over here and read because of her frustration elsewhere. A few of my friends from other places have also wandered over because I do talk about this place and how different I feel it is.

If this place is popular suddenly I think it has roots in several issues. The immediate one of course was that at different times the other night a link was posted on two seperate boards that are widely read. I don't know that I've ever seen a link posted to FCA on either board before. Heck...I was visiting this site for years before I noticed the forum and clicked on it and started reading. Add that to the fact that there seems a weariness of the same old same old in the same old places.

Maybe you've been here so long you don't remember the board philosophy that couchie wrote but I checked it out before I began posting and the thing that still sticks with me are the words she chose to bold....

FUN, COMMUNITY & AFFECTION!

:allgood:

So yeah...I just want you to know that I'm not responsible for ALL the new people. :cryingwlaughter:

---

dang...I'll stop now so I can get to work on download TOA's. :eusa_whistle:

Edited by jamar1700

Good Morning, CV ... I mean FCA! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

:welcome: Greetings to all the latest enrollees: aikim, merryclay, vjm, Ivy, Huuugs, and Wandacleo! So much for green ink -- welcome to the land of blue, which is rarely invoked in a menacing manner. Hope I didn't miss anyone. I finally scrolled back and made a list. :lol:

I had a ton of quotes -- from newbies and otherwise -- but somehow lost them in the process. Loved reading the posts from last night through this morning. We even have Aikim's countdown. :)

Hey Caro -- thank Brightstar for inspiring my signature will ya?

Fandom Currently Awesome

HEEEEEEE -- sure will! I already told her FCA thought her list was "off the chain"! :cryingwlaughter:

Y'all have a great day at FCA! :allgood:

Caro listen.gif

Edited by Carolina Clay

I am actually here because of Wandacleo who mentioned FCA to me in a PM after yet another wearying day on my homeboard and I decided to check it out and I am very glad I did!

Sometimes change is good!

Kim

Just popping in to say good morning!! I've been trying to catch up. Whew!! Some really great posts. I had lunch with a Clay friend yesterday who was in town visiting family. We had a lovely time.

Need to go pay some bills, bills, bills! Later, y'all! :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Holy Crap! Just yesterday I was saying that one of the reasons I liked it here was becoss it was a smaller board and easier to keep up with the conversation, and now this morning it took me 45 minutes to catch up! Wonderful discussion, though, and I read so many posts that I wanted to respond to. Except I haven't got that quote thingy down.

All the talk about favorite Christmas songs got me unnaturally excited. One should not have a visceral reaction to songs about Jesus. JaMar and Couchie, I love Christmas Waltz, too. I loved the tempo and the lightness and the joy of it. But Emmanuel was my hands-down favorite and brought me to tears every time. Um, yeah...one of my favorite concerts experiences was sitting with JaMar and squeezing her hand, both of us with misty eyes. Don't remember where we were, though. And MDYK, and AIW, and....well sheesh...all of them. Clay is the new Mr. Christmas.

MOAM - now I will admit that when I'm at a Clay concert I very seldom think about my DH. Shameful, I know. But MOAM is the one song that clay sings that puts my DH front and center in my mind and I absolutely loved it this tour. And then as soon as the song was over, I'd go right back to having an affair with my b/f.

Green-eyed soul, oh yeah! YUM! IYDKMBN - drool. WAMLAW - double drool. Loved, loved, loved the Motown set from the JBT. Clay just has that certain quality of emotion in his voice that does certain things to my tummy. And other body parts. If he went exclusively in that direction I would be a very happy camper. I'm still waiting for him to ask my opinion.

Barry White?? No. Just no. "take off your brassiere, my dear" - that's just one line I hope to never hear Clay sing.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! VJM's here! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

ETA: Another song I'd love to hear Clay sing...an oldie - very oldie. Twilight Time. Don't want him to record it, just want to hear him sing it.

ETA2: Banter - I'm on the fence about it. I like it when it's natural, but sometimes it seems forced. I loved the spontaneous 'Puberty' banter ' and Bug Banter, stuff like that. But some of the dramatic 'set ups' before some songs were OTT. I just wanted him to hurry up and sing. I'm probbly the only one that didn't care for the 'Weezie' schtick becoss it felt overdone to me.

Edited by Bookwhore

merrieee -- you just added one more reason why I love you so very much, and ITA on seeing Clay more than once entirely because he changes the show/banter every darn night. But have you tried to explain that to a not.just.us person? They look at your REAL funny....until they get to a show. THEN I think they get it....

I enjoy some banter, and I wouldn't want Clay to give it up entirely. I think he is funny and quick witted. I love when he makes fun of his fans, or dresses them down. :eusa_whistle: I had a good time at my concert. But for me, as I've said, I go to his concerts to hear him sing songs from his cds. The same as I would do for any artist. I really do think that is what most non existing fans would also expect at a concert. I would prefer 2/3rds of the concert was singing. I think it is great that some of Clay's fans enjoy his banter and his silly goofy self. I like some of that too. I hope he gets a TV show someday where he can spend 2 hours showing the world all his many talents. He has great comedic timing and I see great acting potential in him as well. Always have. {{{hugs}}} Clay will do what he wants to do and he seems to like to banter at concerts. I wasn't putting him down, just expressing a preference, but then he doesn't ask me what I want, and rightfully so. :cryingwlaughter: Cause I'd hate to tell him that what I really want to do is to nail him. :eusa_whistle:

Clayzor, you know I love you very much. It just seems that this is one area where I know we disagree, and I think we respect each other for that. If he gets that TV show though -- maybe we'll have the best of both worlds -- goofy Clay on TV, serious Clay in concert, or on a record.

The only other artist I've seen more than once in the same tour was Huey Lewis and the News, way back in the 80's. Thinking back on that....they didn't change the show all that much. With Clay, though -- you never know what you're going to get!

jamar, loved hearing about all your variety in musical tastes. I'm not much into current country, except for two artists -- Alison Krause (whom I saw a few weeks ago in concert) and Brad Paisley (fantastic guitar player, funny song writer, and fills out a pair of blue jeans quite well). My husband would appreciate the fact that you like George Jones too! But I like to think that I have eclectic music taste too. Someday when I get that iPod (hopefully for my birthday) I'm sure I'll find out!

I remember a few years ago on the CH when KAndre posted that she LOVED "The Night Chicago Died." Right then, I became a minion. Two of my most cherished "albums" are box sets of 70's radio classics and 80's radio classics. (Someday, I'm going to get the one from the 90's). I tend to go from cheesy to rap in a heartbeat. *g*

BTW, for those interested in statistics -- we registered 7 new members between August 1 and August 18. From August 19 to today -- 58 new members. Bookwhore, you think you're getting used to it being a "smaller" board? Try being an admin! :lilredani:

Welcome all!

If anyone needs a tutorial on how to do the "quotes" thing or how to cut down a post to quoting only a section of it, PM me. I'll talk you through it!

I'm easy....I will take Clay any way he wants to give it to me!

I've always known this about you! :cryingwlaughter:

Me too! :xmas07a:

Please take notes so you can give a complete recap. :cryingwlaughter:

Dear Lord, lookit all the people! OK, and happily a bunch of people who don't make it seem like I'll have to do a lot of mod work. YAY!

I spend one night keeping my non-Clay BF happy and y'all turn into interesting post-hooches! Sigh. Let me address everything...and hey to all the newbies (I see y'all out there - I frankly just treat you like an oldie once you post - fair warning!)

I am very fond of ice cream man...very fond. Hot around here, ain't it?

play, when you had the nerve to post this:

What? There are "ultra left wing liberals" here?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGolden_runner.gif runs screaming from the board

I ducked from the lightning headed your way....

David Foster turning Clay into a hardcore rock star? BWAH HA HA HA...I swear at least half of the Foster love is because he is not Clive Davis...and honestly I had never heard of DF before Clay. But I like Celine's bombastic stuff (except that damn Titanic song) - can't stand Bublé (but I can only stand a little of Sinatra anyoo).

Ethel's post-concert actions vs. jojoct's black tape antics? I am completely biased because Ethel managed to piss off my friends with the post concert stuff and it didn't seem really helpful because Jerome handles that quite well without her; and jojoct's actions were helpful because frankly the lack of flashes (which were apparently almost impossible to control) benefited me because that shit hurts. And if I'm blinded, Clay must be dyin'.

quickly laughs at YSRN's little brouhaha over DF, upbeat and uptempo...

The strikeout funtion RULEZ!

jamar - you dropped Prince because you noticed he's like 4 ft tall? You shallow, shallow girl...some things are worth[/] knee scrapes....

BTW, Bob was the freakin' barker who was very, very fortunate to realize he needed to stop that frickin' barking next to me...and that's the only time they seem to have annoyed me...

What's scary is looking at the most recent page of DCAT 2007 pictures you've saved in your photobucket account, and noticing that 10 of the 20 pictures there have some variation of "Tongue" in the title. And two more are titled "Zipper."

Bottle, you can pretend you think that's scary. We know better.

I think CAP was simply the most blatant booer - along with the crossed arms "it's all about what I want" attitude.

And I have stilletos in a variety of shades and pointiness - and do not let me escalate from throwing them to stomping on people in them!

Yay for cute Clay on the Insider!

Clay and the glory note - puts her hand over Ansa's ears now I'm a glory note fool especially the way Clay does it, simply because he does usually take it past just a held note. He does make something that is very hard (combining volume, clarity, purity of tone, appropriate modulation, and projection) and makes it look freakishly easy - and that just works my girly parts. Whether the song calls for it or whether he is just showing off (I love show-offy Clay - I just do. I'm one of those who pissed Shack off because I FLOVE the "hit me again with your frying pan of talent, Clay!" I love Clay's triumphal dances when he wins. I love his fist pumps. I even love when someone occasionally snatches the winner's mantle from him!) or he's just feeling it. If he does it to get a reaction (which he does) - he's got at least one guaranteed reaction from me.

Prepare yourselves, I'm doing another analogy thingy! Looking at the comments, I put in Scarlett's DSIAFCD and AIW from West Point and watched them. Let my eyes tear up. I can't see that man giving up glory notes, not for us and not for him. And watching himself work his way through that, I don't worry about the voice. I just don't. If I compare Clay's singing to painting (don't ask me why), Clay can do watercolors that you can immerse yourself (wallow) in but he and I love those big ol' room size oil paintings with screamin' primary colors that whip those emotions that come from the hind brain....I just tend to prefer blatant to subtle. I know that will surprise a number of you. Mainly those who don't know me.

IYDKMBN is my song. It was mine before couchie, I swear! Still indifferent to album LAA, allow myself to float along to the watercolor that it is in concert. Clutches 'Mandy' to her ample chest and pets iy... Green-eyed soul Clay is Mine, I tell ya! Mine!

Ahem.

aikim, did you like WAMLAW? 'cause if you love that, I'm willing to forgive you not liking IYDKMBN (besides that fact that gives me one less person to fight over it?). And y'all, the Motown medley was simply perfection.

I do find the way the eHP does their ticket tango fascinating. I don't feel desperation from them like I do with other fans that just have to be in the front row or in the first 5 row. I think their search for tickets is mostly fun and still very much dependent on luck. but I feel its like the lotto...the more you try for good seats the higher your chances of getting it. But at times...you just click and you luck out on great tickets right away.

Lord, Ansa, I do believe you've stumbled upon our secret! Now everyone will act like us! Yay again!

I still love "The Night Chicago Died"!

I remember a few years ago on the CH when KAndre posted that she LOVED "The Night Chicago Died." Right then, I became a minion. Two of my most cherished "albums" are box sets of 70's radio classics and 80's radio classics. (Someday, I'm going to get the one from the 90's). I tend to go from cheesy to rap in a heartbeat. *g*

OMG...this is so me! I am more of a 60's and 70's girl; but I love me some cheese! As factually inaccurate as "The Night Chicago Died" is, it is a fun song to sing along to! Growing up in the 70's and listening to WLS in Chicago, you had everything from the really cheesy to hard rock. It's either oldies station in the car or Clay.

(and as long as we are confessin', I would give my right arm to hear Clay do his Jim Morrison impression and sing Light My Fire!)

Kim