#14 We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!"

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• I'm easy....I will take Clay any way he wants to give it to me!
    • Clay's instrument is full and especially soul-piercing the deeper it goes.
    • LOOKING FOR WALDO
    • Cut The Crap And Show Us Your Willy
    • [He's] a top quality human being
    • Clay Aiken: You are a Man of Character
    • Clay Aiken... bringing brainy back!!!
    • the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature
    • We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!" (redux)

I love the softly nuanced Clay - songs like MGUCL and the Oprah IWCY and even LAA. I like glory notes when he doesn't play with them and have contests with them and hold them for a ridiculously long time. To me, that ruins it. He has a very powerful voice and I love it when he shows it off, but not when he grandstands with it.

But I think my favorite Clay is one we don't see too often but know is there - Green Eyed Soul Clay! I think his voice oozes soul and I LOVE it when he sings songs that way. IYDKMBN for example. I think this may be one area where Clay could excel and even find his way on the radio one day. I think I remember reading a review from his early days - was it after AI2 or after the IT - not sure - but anyway th reviewer even mentioned how much soul Clay's voice had.

As for what is on his next album, I just want variety. I would love to see a little more new-agey type stuff like BW (which I love madly and passionately...), some uptempo and/or upbeat songs, ballads with glory notes, ballads that are soft and nuanced and as much green eyed soul as he could get on the album. I think showing off his many talents - at least his many singing talents - would help him expand his audience and maybe, just maybe, get critical recognition and possibly even radio play. There aren't many singers who can handle a wide variety of styles and do them well. Clay can and I think should let everyone know he can.

But then again, Clay didn't ask me!

At the risk of incurring the wrath of the Green-Eyed Soul Lovers, am I the only one who doesn't like IYDKMBN?

Kim

See, Couchie, this is how he gets ya. I thought I could care less about hearing MOAM again, he sang it on a few TV appearaces, he did it in his first 2 concerts. I listened to the CD almost non stop in my car for about a year and a half, I kid you not. I didn't even carry other CDs in my car, and I bought my first car with a CD player just a few months after MOAM came out. But then, he did it. He felt MOAM on this tour, he sang it with more passion than I ever heard in the song before, and just like that, as a result I feel it agaian and it's back up there as a favorite song.

we have put a limit to pictures per post...

huh? Ansa, did I miss a memo? :unsure: I knew nothing about this rule...have I ever broken it? I doubt it since I'm much too lazy to do that much photobucketing all at once. heh.

oh don't worry its built into the program....if you ever have too many photos in a post the board won't let you post. So when that happens...just post again. Oh and this is per post...since there is no limit on how many posts a person can do per page...essentially no limit.

EEEEEEEEEEEEE yeah couchie...good news is a favorite of mine...and HTAE...one of my most favorite AI performances...yup I would love him to sing it now.

OK I'm LOL...remember the good old days when I used to beg for people after 8 PM on the west coast because I was the only one up..me and YSRN holding down the fort heee. These are better days.

And FYI a lot of your new board members have been checking in ..but I'm sure ya'll have used VIEW NEW POSTS so knew that already. :eusa_whistle:

I'm not so much for Clay doing Broadway because I just think he'd be bored or he'd change stuff up and have random lyrics generator and it might not be appreciated. I do dream of a one man show though. That would be fun.

Green Eyed Soul Clay -- I'll Be There.... If You Don't Know Me By Now SWOOOOOOOOOON!

ETA: :I'm totally missing JennaZ today.

The Lotto...yeah, that. I just posted something on CH about the money factor of being a Clay fan. People were 'discussing' the New Jersey venue's decision not to honor the accidental sale yesterday of lots of primo seats. An interesting topic, actually. In a way it has parallels with the Ethel issue---what some people might view as the 'haves' and the 'have nots' in one way or another. Whether by sheer exhaustive research and diligent computer monitoring, or by bankbook, or by back alley connections, the front rows of Clay's concerts DO bear a striking resemblance to each other concert to concert, you know?

that was a very interesting discussion. I did agree with play that because this was not the date that was previously announced..then it did give extra advantage to the people that is just constantly on the board so it was not an even field.

I do find the way the eHP does their ticket tango fascinating. I don't feel desperation from them like I do with other fans that just have to be in the front row or in the first 5 row. I think their search for tickets is mostly fun and still very much dependent on luck. but I feel its like the lotto...the more you try for good seats the higher your chances of getting it. But at times...you just click and you luck out on great tickets right away.

As for what is on his next album, I just want variety. I would love to see a little more new-agey type stuff like BW (which I love madly and passionately...), some uptempo and/or upbeat songs, ballads with glory notes, ballads that are soft and nuanced and as much green eyed soul as he could get on the album. I think showing off his many talents - at least his many singing talents - would help him expand his audience and maybe, just maybe, get critical recognition and possibly even radio play. There aren't many singers who can handle a wide variety of styles and do them well. Clay can and I think should let everyone know he can.

Yup thats my vote for the next CD too. But who knows...maybe he will go alt rock...hee

At the risk of incurring the wrath of the Green-Eyed Soul Lovers, am I the only one who doesn't like IYDKMBN?

Kim

I actually didn;t like it the first time I heard it cos I thought the arrangement was too old fashioned. But then...by the 4th time I heard it ...I was ...WOW fantastic...and now its one of my favorites.

See, Couchie, this is how he gets ya. I thought I could care less about hearing MOAM again, he sang it on a few TV appearaces, he did it in his first 2 concerts. I listened to the CD almost non stop in my car for about a year and a half, I kid you not. I didn't even carry other CDs in my car, and I bought my first car with a CD player just a few months after MOAM came out. But then, he did it. He felt MOAM on this tour, he sang it with more passion than I ever heard in the song before, and just like that, as a result I feel it agaian and it's back up there as a favorite song.

I never liked his live version of MOAM. I loved the AOL version but on concert I always feel like his vocal placement was all wrong...this is the same thing I thought of IWCY until Oprah. Then this tour...wow its like its a whole new song for me. He finally mastered that song IMO and it has never sounded so good or delivered with such passion.

But I think my favorite Clay is one we don't see too often but know is there - Green Eyed Soul Clay! I think his voice oozes soul and I LOVE it when he sings songs that way. IYDKMBN for example. I think this may be one area where Clay could excel and even find his way on the radio one day. I think I remember reading a review from his early days - was it after AI2 or after the IT - not sure - but anyway th reviewer even mentioned how much soul Clay's voice had.

I'm being such a post hooch tonight, I love your whole post CG but I especially agree with these 2 paragraphs. I think given the chance Clay could blow away some R&B or Green eyed soul.

Even though I love ATDW one day I was listening to it in the car with the rest of my family on a road trip and it was like I kept waiting for that uptempo song to come on, I just think almost every CD needs that change up. I'm not suggesting rock star Clay.maybe something like Ansa said, someting like a little MJ pop.

I just want to say hello as this is my first day here. JaMar told me I would like it here, and (by George!) I think she's right!! Very interesting discussions going on. And Aikim (who also just joined and informed me she's already up to 14 posts while I'm just putzing around reading), IYDKMBN isn't one of my favorite songs, but I have no standards whatsoever when Clay opens his mouth and starts to sing.

Re: Orlando and the booing.

I was there and as a non-Southerner in the deep south with white folks making complete fools of themselves all around us, yelling and waving signs, when Clay turned his attention to Ethel and Toni (whom I personally had not heard or seen making fools of themselves during that concert) and the booing started, I was completely horrified. I felt it was blatantly racist. Now, I'm willing to admit that perhaps I carry some historical bias that affected my reaction, but just the idea that someone would boo while Clay was talking was bad enough. Aiming it at 2 black women seemed egregious. I felt sick to my stomach.

Ethel may be more exuberant than some people like, but I'm damned sure that she has never said a negative thing about Clay and loves him completely, more than can be said for the booer (and that word would be more appropriate with the "e" removed.)

:clap:Wanda posted! And a very good one at that, and I agree with everything you said! Okay, I need to get to bed, I am falling asleep over the keyboard. See everyone in the morning!

Kim

more than can be said for the booer (and that word would be more appropriate with the "e" removed.)

Ok...I don't know you, wandacleo, but my hubby just jumped out of his chair when I let out a sudden

BWAH!

at this.... :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: CMSU! Welcome to FCA!

Green Eyed Soul Clay -- I'll Be There.... If You Don't Know Me By Now SWOOOOOOOOOON!
Mind if I swoon with you, Couchie? I'll Be There. After watching Motown clack from JBT the first time, I couldn't rest until I'd downloaded every piece of Motown clack available. If anybody is holding back on Motown clack I'd die to see it. His Pip routine on Midnight Train To Georgia, My Girl, Tears of a Clown, oh so revealing, but then there's I'll Be There, which had me searching the clack specifically for when he sang it with the cry in his voice before the booming "I'll be there" with outstretched arms, and when there was full frontal video of that thing he did with his left leg at the the beginning. Why didn't he sing more of that song? The force was strong. And following that up with his Blue Brothers routine backing up Angela led me to another search for the perfect Cool Cat Clay during Think. Trying to nail down the a perfect Motown performance according to my criteria has been one of the best obsessions I've ever had.

So if there's a clack gathering goddess holding back any hot .avi Motown files :whistling-1: just saying .... I'm willing to pay.

I was there and as a non-Southerner in the deep south with white folks making complete fools of themselves all around us, yelling and waving signs, when Clay turned his attention to Ethel and Toni (whom I personally had not heard or seen making fools of themselves during that concert) and the booing started, I was completely horrified. I felt it was blatantly racist. Now, I'm willing to admit that perhaps I carry some historical bias that affected my reaction, but just the idea that someone would boo while Clay was talking was bad enough. Aiming it at 2 black women seemed egregious. I felt sick to my stomach.

Ethel may be more exuberant than some people like, but I'm damned sure that she has never said a negative thing about Clay and loves him completely, more than can be said for the booer (and that word would be more appropriate with the "e" removed.)

:clap:

hmmmm an opinionated woman - we don't like those around these parts :cryingwlaughter:

Welcome to FCA. I talked to you recently about using one of your great recaps on the FCA concert pages. And you said yes. And since, I see you've written even more wonderful recaps. How on earth do you have such total recall. Between you and Luckiest1 I feel like don't have a brain cell left.

Oh and on my to do list for this weekend. -- finish LA and Indio recaps heh.

Mind if I swoon with you, Couchie? I'll Be There. After watching Motown clack from JBT the first time, I couldn't rest until I'd downloaded every piece of Motown clack available. If anybody is holding back on Motown clack I'd die to see it. His Pip routine on Midnight Train To Georgia, My Girl, Tears of a Clown, oh so revealing, but then there's I'll Be There, which had me searching the clack specifically for when he sang it with the cry in his voice before the booming "I'll be there" with outstretched arms, and when there was full frontal video of that thing he did with his left leg at the the beginning. Why didn't he sing more of that song? The force was strong. And following that up with his Blue Brothers routine backing up Angela led me to another search for the perfect Cool Cat Clay during Think. Trying to nail down the a perfect Motown performance according to my criteria has been one of the best obsessions I've ever had.

So if there's a clack gathering goddess holding back any hot .avi Motown files :whistling-1: just saying .... I'm willing to pay.

YOU SAID IT ALL...the 60s was my favorite part of the JBT. Clay tore up that motown stuff. And yes, the cry in his voice..I remember one reviewer pointing out how great he was on the soul stuff and that he was born to do it.

My hubby is still not home from work...so I'll chime in on the glory note discussion....I love them when well placed, when they add something. What would Solitaire be without Solitaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeee

ee?

As for MOAM...he turned that song all around for me this tour!!!! :kos:

One more thing...I don't think the booing was a racist reaction...and believe me the last thing I want to do is defend the boo(e)r TM Wandacleo. I really think it stemmed from either jealousy or contempt for the behavior...nothing more.

Edited by clayglo

Kim

No rath, Kim! :F_05BL17blowkiss: IYDKMBN warms my insides. :eusa_whistle: Just love it. :clap: Hope so much to hear it live! It's my second fave from ATDW, w/ LAL holding top spot, of course. Then SSTBTHW comes in 3rd, or first if you're just talking the CD itself without the extras.

MOAM and RTM tied for my fave MOAM songs from the beginning and still are. Orlando's MOAM, just WOW. Even the photos display the emotion Clay was so beautifully emoting.

:clap:

hmmmm an opinionated woman - we don't like those around these parts :cryingwlaughter:

Welcome to FCA. I talked to you recently about using one of your great recaps on the FCA concert pages. And you said yes. And since, I see you've written even more wonderful recaps. How on earth do you have such total recall. Between you and Luckiest1 I feel like don't have a brain cell left.

Oh and on my to do list for this weekend. -- finish LA and Indio recaps heh.

YOU SAID IT ALL...the 60s was my favorite part of the JBT. Clay tore up that motown stuff. And yes, the cry in his voice..I remember one reviewer pointing out how great he was on the soul stuff and that he was born to do it.

That must be the review I was thinking of!! I thought it was earlier than the JBT, but once again I am all mixed up....

Maybe I should get to bed. Its 1:45 here but its been so lively here tonight and I am tired of missing all the fun!!!

And welcome to yet another newbie - wandacleo!!!

Hey couchie, ansa, ldyj - whoever - how many newbies have posted this week? Seems like A LOT!!

So somebody please tell me which concert and exactly which video clip that youtube is from where he's all up on Angela and says "You really knock me off my feet, now Angela"... All this Clangela talk today is revving my fiction brain cells again.....hmmmm.....I wonder.....

If you read my posts, Missy, you'd know I cut it from TWYMMF, spot, Orlando! Oh so funny! Hee. :medium-smiley-070:

OMG, we are movin' a mile a minute!!

IWCY - Oprah - Yuck. :lol:

MOAM - AOL - OMG, the most beautiful thing! MOAM in concert - same thing... I love it.

WY - can.not stand that melisma in there; otherwise I like it.

RHW - heh, I honestly have never heard it. I'll give it a try though. Heh. *ducks from Lucky*

IYDKMBN - HOT!! More, please.

Sailing??? Sailing??? Kris Kross??? *shakes head*

JBT Motown - I'll Be There --- BEST SHIT EVAH!! I love the sound of Clay's voice on that song. It's PERFECT!

TWYMMF... ::LOVE::

I also love Christmas Waltz, and DSIAFCD and the glory note there and pretty much all the Christmas songs really, but live Jingle Bells is a fave as is Celebrate Me Home which I already adored from Kenny Loggins. It's always been one of my all time favorite songs, so when Clay came out singing it I practically burst into happy tears.

Ohhh, RTM... I think I better go listen to that right now. I miss that song! (Awww, I'm listening... aww. I love this song!)

Hey wandacleo... I like your recaps! :)

'night Clayglo :F_05BL17blowkiss: !

Edited by YSRN

G'night all...I enjoyed hanging with you today!

I enjoyed you too Clayglo. And I know people are all over the place with the booing but there is no way to know - people will just go by their gut. I totally respect your opinion. Hell I also think it was more of a jealousy thing and the feeling that she is a fameho. But how did it get to be so vocal. There have been famehos in the fandom from day one and I've never seen such an outward show of meaness for them. And this wasn't the first time. I bet Clay has seen it before but this time he said something.

Ok I need to go clean my kitchen before I go pick up mom from the airport.

JBT Motown - I'll Be There --- BEST SHIT EVAH!! I love the sound of Clay's voice on that song. It's PERFECT!

I was just going to say that!!! The twins live!!! :RedGuy:

Ok, now I really am going to bed. I have things to do tomorrow and I need to be awake!

'Night all!!

A friendly hello to you all! I am sneeking in here early in the morning, because I can't sleep!

I wanted to say that I loved MOAM on this tour also!

I do believe that Clay can sing anything he wants. He really has an instrument that he is fully aware of!

(down smutters) No matter what he says about certain songs being hard, I do believe he knows he can sing anything.

The pictures posted here are very, very nice! I believe his innie would be located about where that last shirt button is. Investigating this was very entertaining...yes, indeed!

:eusa_whistle:

My take on the Orlando booing discussion. I've been thinking about it long and hard and for me the bottom line is Ethel seems to really love Clay and the fandom. It appears one or two of the others, not so much. Some of the booing was done by a person that has done a lot of harm to the fandom. IMO. I never want to see Clay hurt so I'll always go with a very excited OTT fan. I can relate to that. I could never see any reason to boo and end up hurting Clay, some fans and his show. No mam!! I'm here for Clay; there's no other way. LOL!!!!

I thought it showed a lot of character that Ethel posted what she did. I respect that. It seems we haven't heard from anyone else and I would be totally shocked if we ever hear an apology from that corner.

wandacleo and Huuugs!! HELLO! Great to see you here....

lol..wanda an opinionated woman??? :cryingwlaughter: um yeah. love it!!

Green eyed soul... YEAH BABY ... my absolute favorite.....he has it....sings the crap outa it.....and I want MORE Of it...

(dang..watch out..i just ran into a cupboard door..HARD...I may be incoherent for awhile.....damn that hurt!)

omigod...had a Clay dream...which I have had before...but. for charity......he changed shirts...in front of everyone, right on stage...lol...talk about skin! boy did we have lots of clack after that one.....lol

Edited by rcknrllmom