#14 We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!"

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• I'm easy....I will take Clay any way he wants to give it to me!
    • Clay's instrument is full and especially soul-piercing the deeper it goes.
    • LOOKING FOR WALDO
    • Cut The Crap And Show Us Your Willy
    • [He's] a top quality human being
    • Clay Aiken: You are a Man of Character
    • Clay Aiken... bringing brainy back!!!
    • the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature
    • We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!" (redux)

Go back in time Clayglo, and read the previous thread and early parts of this thread, been discussed. You can always bring up an old topic. I understand about people having to catch up.

Althought I have to say with all these new people, it takes a lot to catch up!

The Toni in question has been a dedicated fan from the beginning. The fact that many don't know who she is just shows how well she has blended with all other fans. She's been on CB for a long time, many know her by sight, but she is not a fameho by any means. She goes to a lot of concerts, supports him at local tv shows, etc. I know this because I've seen her myself and don't consider that kind of activity abnormal in any way. (Maybe those outside the fandom would, but not those inside.) She's just an average dedicated fan who has met him a few times at meet&greets, etc. Clay pointed her out on Kimmel and she could not believe he even knew who she was.

I won't go any further on this becasue it would be her story to tell. But this is definitely NOT Toni7babe.

thanks playbiller....seems I'm always catching up....I've been a day light/dollar short most of my life! :D:D

B.I.G. storm just blew in...gotta go...talk about Divine Intervention!

Edited by clayglo

Okay, I'll discuss. One of the reasons I almost never post at OFC anymore is because there seem to be two classes of people there ... friends of the mods, and everybody else. Mod Buddies can say just about anything, and if somebody says they don't like or agree with a Mod Buddy comment, then they are edited for that opinion. It's not fair and for an egalitarian at heart, I just can't hang around for that stuff. I'm sure it goes back to knowing people over a period of four years and letting those personal things get in the way, but the bottom line for me is that it's middle school stuff. Well maybe not, I know some middle school kids who are way more advanced than that! Maybe it's just old-fashioned junior high!

ETA: I should make plain that I'm not blanketing all the mods at OFC. But there is one in particular.

Edited by keepingfaith

Clay has a great memory. He remembered me a year later from one meet and greet. cuz I refuse to believe I'm on the list although I've been to 30 concerts. But I think it was my screen name rather than my face.

Thanks clayzedover. Supporting Clay at concerts and tapings when possible is absolutely normal and fun fan behaviour. Hope she isn't getting flack because of it.

...it's natural enough to wonder if Bublé might be getting ready to make a real leap of faith, and part ways with the man who made him a star. David Foster, after all, is something of a golden curse -- a man with almost unerring easy-listening instincts (Céline Dion, the Corrs, Josh Groban) -- and a cool factor of absolute zero.

That's certainly an interesting comment. Wonder if it will be noticed by the people who think that David Foster could make Clay a hawt rock star? I've always said that David Foster is the King of Cheese, but so many prayed for Clay to leave RCA (which actually is the rock star label) and go with Foster. Did I miss a meeting?

And before the lovers of LAA jump on me for calling Foster cheesy since he wrote the music to LAA, remember I'm the one who's never liked that melody. Clay's lyrics are incredible; but the tune makes me want to push the button. So shoot me.

Muski... I can't stop looking at YOUR avie! LOL

I am, indeed, liney from Claymaniacs. We had great fun in the Black Leather Pants thread!!! If you folks want to die laughing, badger Muski to bring back her "shopping for black silky basketball shorts" posts. ROTF stuff that I still remember with a big grin even tho that was years ago. That thread won a Claymy for funniest thread that year.

Welcome liney23

Speaking of awards.....what happened with the Relly thing? Did they really drop the best guest host category?. I was off the boards for 5 days. I saw 1 brief reference to it somewhere, but when I went back to catch up, I didn't find anything about it. Just curious.

Welcome liney23

Speaking of awards.....what happened with the Relly thing? Did they really drop the best guest host category?. I was off the boards for 5 days. I saw 1 brief reference to it somewhere, but when I went back to catch up, I didn't find anything about it. Just curious.

I don;t know but I thought they did have a category best regis...which I thought would encompass the best guest host.

didn't really follow the relly thing..but maybe Clay will just get his own mention considering the attention the entire incident got - or maybe they won't mention him at all. It's not too hard to understand why they would go in either direction IMO. Why would they want to remind the public about how ugly their co-star got? On the other hand, ratings would probably increase and in any case when they roll around I'm sure the controversial king will be mentioned in any accompanying press coverage.

Hee. The Relly's were already finished and that category was removed. Or some such thing. I'm sure it's a conspiracy. :ninja:

Can't shoot you keepingfaith, cuz you and I are on the same end of the LAA barrel. Maybe I'll listen to it again and see if it grew on me.

I haven't been watching nearly enough real clack from this tour... so I'm trying to download stuff and watch today. jojoct's Orlando vids from the balcony are pretty cool. Somehow when I can SEE the orchestra, I can also hear it better. Her ATD is pretty funny too - Clay and Quiana switched places. LOL!

Thanks for that montage, rcknrllmom.icecream.gif

Edited by YSRN

well fire up the engines, and send out the alerts

there is a black woman in the fandom that I haven't been mistaken for yet! :cryingwlaughter:

:lmaosmiley-1:

I was really sorry to hear about the snafu on the tickets, playbiller. On one hand I can see the point of view from the venue....businesses make mistakes that sometimes can't be rectified to the satisfaction of all concerned. On the other hand, if I had been one of the ones to have my pit seats yanked out of my hands I'd be throwing myself on the floor and having a temper trantrum that would put a 2-year-old to shame.

Couchie, your avi is beautiful. The only way I'd like it better is if my own face was photoshopped in there. I may have to work on that when I get home. I wonder if Angela feels any pull of attraction towards him at all? If not, she's a great actress.

Muski... I can't stop looking at YOUR avie! LOL

I am, indeed, liney from Claymaniacs. We had great fun in the Black Leather Pants thread!!! If you folks want to die laughing, badger Muski to bring back her "shopping for black silky basketball shorts" posts. ROTF stuff that I still remember with a big grin even tho that was years ago. That thread won a Claymy for funniest thread that year.

I knew that was you!! I have met you several times back in the day and was there on the very first page of the very first thread of the BLPT - back when it was fun, fun, fun!!!! Of course I had a different name then... One much more discreet...

Welcome liney!!!!

Ok, you guys just aren't fair!! Having deep discussions and posting that Clangela picture and writing pages and pages while I am either sleeping or working? NOT FAIR!!! Luckily, I am alone in the office right now so I can catch up a little.

To put my 2 cents in about Ethel et. al...... I have never had a problem with her. She has never disrupted a concert for me before. Clay seems to enjoy her. He likes her enough to bring her on the bus, so who am I to argue? I met her and she seemed really nice. I admit to being a teeny bit jealous of her because I want to be invited on Clay's bus - but that's another issue.

Personally, I am more annoyed by the know-it-all fans and the loud screamers and the sign holders and those that love waving their glow sticks right in front of your face and the singers who can't sing and the flashers who continue to flash no matter how often they are told not to than I am by anything Ethel has ever done.

Like others, I assumed "Toni" was toni7babe, but now knowing who it really is it helps explain Clay's comment. Like couchie I thought he seemed a bit tense during that exchange. I had a feeling then, and still do, that there is more to that story than meets the eye - which would explain Quiana's comment.

As for Cap - like many in this fandom I have had my on-board run-ins with her either in posts or via PM (although I have often agreed with her about the hair *g*), but I don't know her. Never met her. So I can't judge her as a person. But IMO she was completely and utterly out of line in Orlando (and I don't think she was the only one who boooed). I was embarrassed and appalled that anyone would do that! It is made all the worse because she did it in front of someone who has made it clear she likes Ethel - Clay!

Was there racism involved? I don't know. I don't know Cap and I don't know what she was thinking, but I sadly admit it wouldn't surprise me. I am sure there is racism in this fandom. I am sure there are homophobes in this fandom. Just as I am sure there are ultra right wing conservatives and ultra left wing liberals and everything in between. We are nothing if not a diverse group!

But IF it was a racially motivated remark, then as far as I am concerned she deserves whatever shit may come her way.

As for being able to name Ethel and not Cap - nah. Doesn't work that way for me! Cap has never been shy about expressing herself and seems quite able to handle whatever shit may come her way, so IMO she needs no protecting. And unlike Ethel, I personally have never known Cap to apologize for anything she said. Now, she may have and I just didn't see it or she may have via PM. However, the point is, if you can name one person in the story, you can name the other. Fair is fair.

Owning your words? Goes without saying. I have had to own my words often in my time on these here message boards! Sometimes my words get misconstrued (maybe because of how I say them) and sometimes they get misunderstood (again maybe because of how I say them) and sometimes they get taken out of context and whole thread are created to burn me at the stake for having an opinion (and yes, I haven't quite been able to let that go even though it happened over 3 years ago!). But I say what I say and hold myself personally responsible for what I say. If I screw up, I HOPE I can admit it and apologize. If I hurt someone, I HOPE I can see that and make amends. Anyone who says anything or posts anything needs to be aware of the power of words and handle that power with care. There are all too many in this fandom who just wield that power willy nilly, without even a moments thought about anyone.

As for glowing teeth - now THAT would be funny!! :cryingwlaughter:

As for that Clangela picture - Damn! I can't stop looking at it! We NEED to make sure it appears on every page! OMG - it make all my girly parts tingle!

As for YeeHaw - We drove through YeeHaw when we drove from Tampa to WPB! They even had a visitor's center!! CMSU!!

As for me - time to leave work. Have things I have to do tonight so don't you all go writing 8 more pages while I am gone!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

...it's natural enough to wonder if Bublé might be getting ready to make a real leap of faith, and part ways with the man who made him a star. David Foster, after all, is something of a golden curse -- a man with almost unerring easy-listening instincts (Céline Dion, the Corrs, Josh Groban) -- and a cool factor of absolute zero.

That's certainly an interesting comment. Wonder if it will be noticed by the people who think that David Foster could make Clay a hawt rock star? I've always said that David Foster is the King of Cheese, but so many prayed for Clay to leave RCA (which actually is the rock star label) and go with Foster. Did I miss a meeting?

And before the lovers of LAA jump on me for calling Foster cheesy since he wrote the music to LAA, remember I'm the one who's never liked that melody. Clay's lyrics are incredible; but the tune makes me want to push the button. So shoot me.

High Five................. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

It's a good thing we can postwhore around here. I haven't done a stitch of work all day! :cryingwlaughter:

You MUST watch TWYMMF from Orlando... spot's version.

It's ______ing hil.a.ri.ous! You knock me offa my feet now Angelaaaa... :cryingwlaughter: and then the sax part. Bwah!

I picked a good 'ne. Hee.

Well, damn hell.... how'd I get on top again? Heh.

Edited by YSRN

What is CMSU? Where I live, it stands for Central Missouri State University, but somehow I think y'all aren't talking about that.

Clay made two comments this tour that made my jaw drop. The first was the "you wouldn't ask a woman about her Volvo" comment. I gasped, dropped my jaw, cringed....and laughed my ass off! I couldn't believe he said that. :cryingwlaughter:

The other was "you must not like black people". I gasped, dropped my jaw, cringed and didn't think it was funny at all. At first I took it as a general criticism of the fandom at large. After I read posts from people who were there and watched the Clack I did an abrupt turnabout. But man, coming through the cellstream that night without benefit of body language and facial expression, I was mad. But I can't stay mad at my boyfriend for long...and the make-up sex was great. :whistling-1:

There's one point in the Clack from that night that caught my interest. At the point right after the booing and eyerolling apparently happened, Clay looked down at someone in one of the front rows and said, "I saw that". Does anyone know who he was talking to?

Good discussion everyone. I don't know Ethel but my impression formed over the years from what I have read on various boards by different posters is that she is a very nice, sweet person who loves Clay. The problem doesn't seem to be with changing seats. It's the non-stop yelling by someone sitting beside you.

Now with CAP, that is another story. And yes I was the recipient of a nasty PM about 3 years ago. I was stunned at the reason (nothing really) and how mean it was. After reading all of her posts on both fan boards and non-fan boards, I feel that I've come to know something about her personally. Sigh. That's about all I want to say about someone else other than I left one fan board because I never wanted to read another hate filled post from her again and since her being allowed to gripe all the time was never going to change, I left.

ETA: Now that is funny playbiller.

Edited by ivy

But IIRC the Fosterlove has been a recent jump for some in the fandom. Prior to the 2006CLIVEISEVIL screeds many were not that into the idea of Clay working with David Foster. I think a lot have jumped on the bandwagon since it has become obvious that, at the very least, they seem to be good friends and will in all likelyhood work together again. I don't remember too many being tha'rilled when Jaymes was announced as EP either.

Honestly...until the tour I had listened to LAA probably thrice. I came to appreciate it much more on the tour as is want to happen w/me & songs I hear Clay sing live. I came away from the NAT absolutly adoring TITN & Solitare again. MOAM has never struck a chord with me until this tour either. :shrugs:

eta...do we even have a shrugging emoticon here? How do you guys post without shrugs?

etaa...Hey BW :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Can I call you BW? We have slept together numerous times. *g*

now I'll be running for cover....

Edited by jamar1700

Bookwhore....CMSU is Cracks My Sh...stuff Up....

I started shortening it back when I posted a lot on EAYOR...don't know if I 'coined' it or not, but I know I use it a lot...feel free to use liberally... :DoClay:

Wait....that picture had nothing to do with what I'd just written....

Oh well, the truth can never be said too much, can it? :medium-smiley-070:

This is only my 2nd post here. I wanted to give my opinion about the whole Ethel situation. The small group of fans that I travel with and I have had many discussions about this. My conclusion is that what Clay says in concert and what Ethel says at a concert is not the problem for me.

It's what happens before and after an appearance. I saw someone else mention Knoxville. I was in the bus line after the concert. Ethel was walking with a flashlight telling everyone to move back. Also at GMA last September when we stood outside since 3 am and when it's about time to go in Ethel gets in line in front of us and tells us to move back. This is the the problem for me, because this is not Jerome or Team Clay telling us to line up or move back.

Clay obviously likes Eithel and he makes a connection when he sees her in the audience. I don't feel a jealously or resentment about this. I have met Ethel on many occasions and have found her to be very nice. but it does bother me that she feels she needs to give us direction on how we should handle ourselves outside the venue. I respect the fact that Jerome is in charge and will do what he says but not what another fan tells me what to do.

Okay, my rant is over and only hope this doesn't end up on another site. LOL :rolleyes: