#14 We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!"

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• I'm easy....I will take Clay any way he wants to give it to me!
    • Clay's instrument is full and especially soul-piercing the deeper it goes.
    • LOOKING FOR WALDO
    • Cut The Crap And Show Us Your Willy
    • [He's] a top quality human being
    • Clay Aiken: You are a Man of Character
    • Clay Aiken... bringing brainy back!!!
    • the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature
    • We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!" (redux)

I am kind of conflicted on the whole "glory note" thing; If he does them, I want him to do them because he wants to and not because he thinks it is what the fans want...I worry about him straining his voice especially when he is doing 4 or 5 concerts in a row.

Kim

hee let me guess...green ink...equivalent to our blue ink or blue stilettos or trouts??? just guessing... :RedGuy:

Well, yeah, that's pretty much it.

Clay and I have a con.nec.shun, y'all! We can both be fun and funny and we can both have totally inappropriate things pop out of our mouths without thinking. Thus, the green ink. Really though, I'll try to restrain myself after my big gaffe this morning. Sometimes bad habits are hard to break.

Sometimes people just want to be able to say 'yes I love the hair' or 'no I hate the jacket'. It's so much easier on a smaller board like this to have a conversation and exchange of ideas without anyone having a meltdown becoss people disagree with the popular opinion. It's also so much easier to keep up with the flow of conversation when it doesn't go by at 20 pages per minute.

:RedGuy: <--does this guy have special significance?

yeah the red guy was created by our cindilu2...and we thought he/she looked like a tomato...so we adopted her as our mascot after couch tomato.

well the truth is...we haven't needed to bring out the blue ink too much. We really try and see if the posters can mod themselves and not let the conversation get out of hand or get too personal or disrespectful. So far so good...

JaMar - that's cheesy bombastic glory notes. Sheesh!

but I want Clay to do his voice justice. I want to hear him sing songs that other people ... just can't.

Is that so wrong?

Nope, not so wrong. I agree with you wholeheartedly.

OMG!!!!! I agree with you??!!!! That's gotta be a first!! :bounce:

well the truth is...we haven't needed to bring out the blue ink too much. We really try and see if the posters can mod themselves and not let the conversation get out of hand or get too personal or disrespectful.

The truth is ... it can happen. I see it every day on my baseball board. Nobody there ever seems to need to be told they are out of line. Most know when they've stepped over and make appropriate conciliatory gestures in due time. I've seen more guys apologize there in one season than I have in my whole RL. Hee. Honestly I'm not even sure who the mods are over there and I post there every dingdang day.

But then again...when something is seen as worthwhile it makes one try harder perhaps?

---

:RedGuy:Hi. My name is Bob. I'm a Tomato and I'm here to help.

VeggieTales anyone? Anyone?

Edited by jamar1700

Ok, you guys just aren't fair!! Having deep discussions and posting that Clangela picture and writing pages and pages while I am either sleeping or working? NOT FAIR!!! Luckily, I am alone in the office right now so I can catch up a little.

Like others, I assumed "Toni" was toni7babe, but now knowing who it really is it helps explain Clay's comment. Like couchie I thought he seemed a bit tense during that exchange. I had a feeling then, and still do, that there is more to that story than meets the eye - which would explain Quiana's comment.

Claygasm..Loved your entire post. I miss you. I hate this thing we do called work. Can you win the lotto or something so you can come play with us more often?

Oh..eee...when we were in Vegas my BIL had a GPS that had no personality. Made me mourn for Morticia.

I agree with your second paragraph totally.

Lover All Alone - Love the song..LOVE it. And I liked it all along but I heard it and If You Dont' Know Me By Now and it on the same day for the first ime and I loved IYDKMBN better because that is MY type of music and Clay sang the crap out of it. Oh notice how Angela also says crap now heh. Anyway, but I had come to love it long before the concert tour and now it's forever one of my favorite Clay songs. But I didn't like Solitaire until I heard it live for the first time in Greensboro and was absolutely blown away. Couldn't make me like Mandy though hee.

What? There are "ultra left wing liberals" here?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGolden_runner.gif runs screaming from the board

Or more likely Woman_joggs.gif

Bwah!

For couchie...

Clicky...

eeeeeeeeeeee thank you. Love hearing Clay sing my name.

Tyra was so welcoming to him, put him at ease and you could tell he felt warmth from her, she wanted to showcase him and let him shine

KRip was stand offish, she wanted to put him in his place, she did not like him giving it back to her, I saw no warmth and I'm just talking about the show. I never did watch her tirade never could get myself to do it

Anyway, it's the reason I see one of these women as beautiful and the other as ugly

Couldn't have said it better myself.

For the life of me I have never heard the word upbeat used to describe fast music anywhere but this fandom and I'm just never sure what someone means when they use that term anymore. Hee. And while I will agree that some upbeat songs are also uptempo quite a few are not and many uptempo songs are hardly what I would term upbeat.

heh...I've always thought upbeat to the fandom meant fast. I thought for Clay it meant NO MORE SAD SONG. heh

Bob and Linda --I've heard all the stories. Are they true? Who knows. I don't. I wish I had their money or just the time to be able to hit all those shows.

.OK I won't start anything..one booer. hee. But others that showed their disapproval in other ways.

I don't think Clay really does much glorynoting anymore. I think of AI and how he had 2 minutes, back when they only had 2 minutes or less to sing a song - to capture attention. He used it as a trick. And he still uses it as a trick some of the time to get a reaction -- but MoaM or IMO ATDW was not full of glory notes. But yeah I love a good ballad. A nice mix of songs is what I expect from Clay...probably he'll have more midtemp than uptempo..but really I'm a sucker for him..I'll take anything.

BWAH on th flashing teeth.

Jamar how long have you been posting on your baseball board. I often think we're still in honeymoon period and as time goes by it will be up to everyone to maintain things. But yeah, just reading today I was so thrilled at how convo went. What I didn't feel was palpable anger or button pushing that often leads folks down a bad path even on such a serious and touchy subject as racism.

.And bwah..we did the whole veggie tales thing when the tomato was introduced heh.

tomato2.jpg

Hee. There he is. I should have known.

couchie the baseball board is like two years now for me and I think four for the community. Truth be told this season has been more trying than last. I really think it's about mutual respect. For example there was great excitement when some new Team blogs went up this year but they were filled w/knowitall diatribes and haters in short order. Everyone came home ... looked around and said...hey this is pretty cool. In other words they see that what we have is special and everyone is willing to work to protect it.

or what you said

it will be up to everyone to maintain things.

AMEN!

---

FWIW I bold names out of sheer mb habit.

---

Man, I'm glad it's the weekend.

Edited by jamar1700

I have every body part that can be crossed, crossed that there are more uptempo songs on the next CD. I may have gray hair, but I've been a dancing fool since I was 13 and invented my own variation on the twist. I wanna move my baw.day to the beat! :)

I think Clay likes to do uptempo, too. I imagine he has figured out from the audience reaction that we like uptempo, along with the glory note-type songs he so excels at.

I REALLY want more opportunities to see him move that scrumptious bod of his and maybe move that zipper down a notch or two... accidentally, of course! :whistling-1:

I suspect that maybe they are ahving a hard time finding the right uptempo songs. cos nowadays most up tempo or dance music are either urban/hiphop or rock songs. I think whats great for clay are the MJ type of up tempo like Beat it and TWYMMF...I really hope he can find the right composers that will get him that kind of feel good pop music.

uhm...besides something that swims in water or is surrounded by parsley and potatoes gratin and stares at you with pathetic, glazed over big brown eyes...what is a trout?

If I'm not mistaken the trout term is mostly used in CH. So when we started this board we wanted to start our own term...so in honor of our bling loving mod KAndre that loves stilettos...thats what we chose. Cos you wouldn't want her to throw a stiletto at you...hee. Again...very rarely used...

I am kind of conflicted on the whole "glory note" thing; If he does them, I want him to do them because he wants to and not because he thinks it is what the fans want...I worry about him straining his voice especially when he is doing 4 or 5 concerts in a row.

Kim

WORD...I am the type that loves the simple arrangements like LAA, Sorry, HYCA...and ICMYLM...I am in awe of his glory notes but at times it seem like he does it to get a reaction. Like RHW...not liking the long note there. Would enjoy it more if he placed some melisma...like the long notes on WY...

The answer to filming and glowing at the same time and succeeding at both.

bwah...the ad also slays me...using that sure will make us really COOOOL...hee

But yeah I love a good ballad. A nice mix of songs is what I expect from Clay...probably he'll have more midtemp than uptempo..but really I'm a sucker for him..I'll take anything.

WORD! There are certain types of songs that I would love to hear from him, but in the end I, too, will take what he gives me. Becoss that man can sing the shizznit out of anything

:DoClay: <-----can I borrow this, or does it belong to Muski exclusively?

I think Clay likes to do uptempo, too. I imagine he has figured out from the audience reaction that we like uptempo, along with the glory note-type songs he so excels at.

Bolding mine. See that's the thing -- I think the man has many different types of music in him. Upbeat. Uptempo. Sad. Soulful. I think he can do those, and more. But I do think they need to fit into what HE sees for himself.

And I also totally agree with jamar here:

You know...I hope there is always a happy mix of the two. Cuz I'd hate to lose those bombasitc glory notes ... I really would. I love the fun uptempo stuff but I want Clay to do his voice justice. I want to hear him sing songs that other people ... just can't.

Is that so wrong? :RedGuy:

Not at all. His voice is the reason many of us are here in the first place, and I think it would be a shame for him to sing something like SexyBack just to get him on the radio, or make his fans dance in the aisles all the time, or make his fans say "he's cool now." IMO it would be a waste of the vox. And yet, I want some songs that I can dance to as well. He'll find that mix, somehow, someway. And, I hate to break it to y'all, but it might take a few albums before he finds that mix. These things take time, honey [tm Clay].

I REALLY want more opportunities to see him move that scrumptious bod of his and maybe move that zipper down a notch or two... accidentally, of course! :whistling-1:
Well, now THAT I agree with!

Kim

I used to worry about his voice, but I think this tour showed me that it got stronger and stronger as it went along. I was at Tulsa, and I thought he sounded strained by the end of the night. And yet, I think his vocals in Orlando, the last stop of the tour, were fantastic. Also -- I simply don't worry about his glory-noting after seeing the last Christmas tour. AIW, anyone? Glory note heaven...and he did it strongly almost every night.

And I see I disagree with Ansa over this. *sigh* I do agree that he tends to use them to showboat from time to time, but for the most part, I think he knows when and how to do them. And I LIKED the RHW note. Good God.

Oh EEEEEE! I loved the way he looked that night. I mean, I almost always do, but really....yum.

The 2006 AMA awards look is one of my most favorite EVAH!! I know people swooned over the UNICEF lighting hair. Me? I'll take that AMA look anyday. And when he took off the jacket....yum-mo.

The answer to filming and glowing at the same time and succeeding at both.

That's just wrong.

Thank you all for a fantastic day of reading, learning, and growing. And drooling over Clay.

rcknrllmom, I loved your montage. And YSRN, thanks for that Angela clip. I'll have to find that clack soon. spot's TWYMMF, right?

Cap damn sure wasn't the only booer.

I was there, but personally, I can't say if she was or wasn't. I was clear over on the other side and barely heard it at all. But, my friend was in the seat behind her, and she says only one booer. Either way, I haven't seen an apology or "excuse me" from her or anyone else.

I applaud Ethel for saying and making her peace. That took balls, & now I have a better appreciation of Clay's fondness for her.

I think she was the only booer...but Clay did see an eye roller and maybe other facial reactions that he interpreted as being disapproving. I always thought that when he said I saw you...he meant CAP. cos it was Quiana that said no booing here and I think he was indicating that he knew who booed. I guess those sitting next to her can say if he did point to her or to someone else.

I was there and to my ear I heard more than one person booing. One person started and others joined in. I would be willing to bet my night of passion with Clay on this! (We all get at least one, don't we???)

Hey, Clay's gorgeous mug was on the Insider tonight! I'm glad they used such a stunning pic

ainsideraug24.jpg

YUMMY!!! AMA hair - second only to snowflake hair as my all time favorite hair!!!

Ok, Clay looked hawt in Orlando. Look, I even like his teeth!

Pic004fsn.jpg

:wub:

You???? YOU???? YOU LIKED HIS TEETH?????? OMG!!! Is that one of the signs of the apocolypse???? :RedGuy:

Ok, you guys just aren't fair!! Having deep discussions and posting that Clangela picture and writing pages and pages while I am either sleeping or working? NOT FAIR!!! Luckily, I am alone in the office right now so I can catch up a little.

Like others, I assumed "Toni" was toni7babe, but now knowing who it really is it helps explain Clay's comment. Like couchie I thought he seemed a bit tense during that exchange. I had a feeling then, and still do, that there is more to that story than meets the eye - which would explain Quiana's comment.

Claygasm..Loved your entire post. I miss you. I hate this thing we do called work. Can you win the lotto or something so you can come play with us more often?

Oh..eee...when we were in Vegas my BIL had a GPS that had no personality. Made me mourn for Morticia.

I agree with your second paragraph totally.

Thanks for missing me. couchie!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

As for the lotto.... I actually bought a powerball ticket tonight..... And my offer still stands. If I win, I will offer Clay millions to both the BAF and UNICEF if he gives a private concert for me and all my FCA friends - and I only have one condition. He just has to sing "Touch". Just once.

As for GPS - In Florida we has Morticia East - and she wasn't nearly as good as Morticia West. She even messed up a few times! But she still sounded sad when she lost the satellite signal.

Since everytime I leave this board I come back to all sorts of new people, let me just say

WELCOME ALL NEWBIES!!!!!

You'll love it here!

(It just feels so weird to suddenly be so popular!!! :unsure: )

And I see I disagree with Ansa over this. *sigh* I do agree that he tends to use them to showboat from time to time, but for the most part, I think he knows when and how to do them. And I LIKED the RHW note. Good God.

Hee I know I am probably in the minority about this. I just don't find the long sustained note aesthetically pleasing. Although I appreciate how hard it is to do...its like holding a heavy weight and keeping your arms straight in the same position. it does take a lot of skill...but I kinda get bored with it. But he does do it well...so even if it is not my most favorite thing...I really won;t complain about it. What I loved is his improvisation on IWTKWLI...I hope he would develop that more...love soulful Clay.

I understand where you're coming from. But Clay said Without You was his favorite song to sing from the album. And it seemed to me that he couldn't have been in better voice in Florida. His voice at West Palm Beach was the best I've ever heard. And I said that repeatedly walking out of the venue, and that's how I came to meet Bob and Linda, who agreed it was the best ever. I also saw Toni several times ... and had no idea people thought he was talking about toni7babe, who I've met and really, really like.

A week later and I'm still hearing Clay's voice in my head. And he's usually singing the power part of Without You. Is this normal? I hope so, because he sounds so damned good.

I think what I really love about the glory note in WY is this quality in his voice that seems like a cry..it really sounds soo passionate...I love it whenever that comes in...thats why I loved te early versions of celebrate me home...it had both the growl and the Cry quality...

sigh...love talking about his voice...so many nuances ...so many textures...

I must be an easy fan, cause I pretty much love or at least like everything Clay sings,( threre are a few exceptions) on his CDs I rarely skip a song. I find favorite songs changing. I love glory notin' Clay, but I adore some of his more subtle songs, I think he is able to show more vulnerability on those songs. I love all of the ones you listed Ansa MGUCL is one of my favorites. I think I would lay down and die if he ever did a lullabye CD. Roll me over and just play it at my funeral. I think this is what makes him so special, he has so much in him, if he hasn't already sung our dream song, we each can imangine him doing it. Who else is like that? I can't think of anyone else.

AIW is the perfect example of what I was talking about...I was in Merrillville when he hit that note and it was amazing and goosebump inducing and still is when I hear it, but I also remember all the other shows when I was perched on the edge of my seat praying that he would hit it...I don't like being that nervous wondering if he is going to make a note. I often wondered why he chose that song knowing that the last note would be so difficult to hit...does he like the challenge?

Kim

I must be an easy fan, cause I pretty much love or at least like everything Clay sings,( threre are a few exceptions) on his CDs I rarely skip a song. I find favorite songs changing. I love glory notin' Clay, but I adore some of his more subtle songs, I think he is able to show more vulnerability on those songs. I love all of the ones you listed Ansa MGUCL is one of my favorites. I think I would lay down and die if he ever did a lullabye CD. Roll me over and just play it at my funeral. I think this is what makes him so special, he has so much in him, if he hasn't already sung our dream song, we each can imangine him doing it. Who else is like that? I can't think of anyone else.

I agree with you. This is me. I will admit to not liking I Will Carry You all that much until he sang it on Oprah. OMG that knocked my socks off...and MGUCL...wow. And I was probably the only happy Salin' fool during JBT..LOVE It. heee He's special. I'm glad he picked me!!

AIW is the perfect example of what I was talking about...I was in Merrillville when he hit that note and it was amazing and goosebump inducing and still is when I hear it, but I also remember all the other shows when I was perched on the edge of my seat praying that he would hit it...I don't like being that nervous wondering if he is going to make a note. I often wondered why he chose that song knowing that the last note would be so difficult to hit...does he like the challenge?

Kim

Oh yeah...I suspect Clay loves challenges. I also thinks he loves these really dramatic songs.

I would love to see him in Broadway...

we have put a limit to pictures per post...

huh? Ansa, did I miss a memo? :unsure: I knew nothing about this rule...have I ever broken it? I doubt it since I'm much too lazy to do that much photobucketing all at once. heh.

Dang! It used to take me just a few minutes to catch up after being away for a few hours....I'm panting here after checking out the FCA action in my absence...kewl.

So somebody please tell me which concert and exactly which video clip that youtube is from where he's all up on Angela and says "You really knock me off my feet, now Angela"... All this Clangela talk today is revving my fiction brain cells again.....hmmmm.....I wonder.....

The Lotto...yeah, that. I just posted something on CH about the money factor of being a Clay fan. People were 'discussing' the New Jersey venue's decision not to honor the accidental sale yesterday of lots of primo seats. An interesting topic, actually. In a way it has parallels with the Ethel issue---what some people might view as the 'haves' and the 'have nots' in one way or another. Whether by sheer exhaustive research and diligent computer monitoring, or by bankbook, or by back alley connections, the front rows of Clay's concerts DO bear a striking resemblance to each other concert to concert, you know?

Since I'm not one of those lucky beyotches, I can say things like, "Dang! Those Lucky Beyotches!" :cryingwlaughter:

OK you know what song I really loved? Christmas Waltz ha. I love the way he sang that song. And of course I could listen to Good News all day every day. I know that isn't everyone's cuppa. And I would love to hear him sing Here, There, and Everywhere now... I think he would kill on it.

So somebody please tell me which concert and exactly which video clip that youtube is from where he's all up on Angela and says "You really knock me off my feet, now

Don't tease me Muski.

But if you suddenly get a burst of inspiration..I'll be right over to do whatever you need so you can write-- walk the dog, feed the kids, do laundrey..whatever heh.

For all the newbies..Muski and I are kinda "neighbors" although I haven't seen her since Indio. What's up with that.