#14 We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!"

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• I'm easy....I will take Clay any way he wants to give it to me!
    • Clay's instrument is full and especially soul-piercing the deeper it goes.
    • LOOKING FOR WALDO
    • Cut The Crap And Show Us Your Willy
    • [He's] a top quality human being
    • Clay Aiken: You are a Man of Character
    • Clay Aiken... bringing brainy back!!!
    • the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature
    • We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!" (redux)

This is only my 2nd post here. I wanted to give my opinion about the whole Ethel situation. The small group of fans that I travel with and I have had many discussions about this. My conclusion is that what Clay says in concert and what Ethel says at a concert is not the problem for me.

It's what happens before and after an appearance. I saw someone else mention Knoxville. I was in the bus line after the concert. Ethel was walking with a flashlight telling everyone to move back. Also at GMA last September when we stood outside since 3 am and when it's about time to go in Ethel gets in line in front of us and tells us to move back. This is the the problem for me, because this is not Jerome or Team Clay telling us to line up or move back.

Clay obviously likes Eithel and he makes a connection when he sees her in the audience. I don't feel a jealously or resentment about this. I have met Ethel on many occasions and have found her to be very nice. but it does bother me that she feels she needs to give us direction on how we should handle ourselves outside the venue. I respect the fact that Jerome is in charge and will do what he says but not what another fan tells me what to do.

Okay, my rant is over and only hope this doesn't end up on another site. LOL :rolleyes:

Hey dazaccent... welcome

yup I heard about these incidents and I know some people formerly neutral about her ended up getting pissed. Thats why in a way am glad she became introspective about the incident and has learned where she made mistakes. I really applaud her for realizing that and apologizing. I do hope that does not dampen her enjoyment of the upcoming tours.

I was at the Beacon where Jojoct ran up and down the aisles giving out black tape. Some people did not want to turn off their flash, did not want tape on their camera. She was respectful but insistant - the result was a Christmas show with the fewest flashes during Good News.

OK, now it wasn't her job to do that, no one was appointed to do that, Clay jsut asked his fans to respect him, so would this have offended you?

During the show, Jojoct sat and watched the show and took discreet photos, but before the show and during intermission she was one busy woman.

So, Ethel may or may not have been asked to help, may have thought it was a good idea to help and speed things up - is there a difference here? Did anyone address this issue with her?

smile31.gif

ETA Postwhoring? Is someone taloking about post whoring - bet you can't wait until I go to the beach again, hee.

Anyway, I was reading an idols review and came accross this statement.

But for Osterhout and Frederick, the ultimate Idol remains Clay Aiken. Osterhout has seen him 14 times, Frederick six. Both whip out pictures taken of themselves with Aiken, as though he were the family dog.

From American Idols fail to bring originality to Blue Cross Arena

Edited by playbiller

etaa...Hey BW :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Can I call you BW? We have slept together numerous times. *g*

now I'll be running for cover....

:lies: I can't believe you just said that! I'm a newbie...tryin' to make a good impression here. Can you help me out...just a little?

ok, you can call me BW....just don't call me Whore, m'k?

Edited by Bookwhore

About David...I do have a lot of respect for him as a composer and producer because his work seem to be high quality. BUT I was never a fan of his over produced works with Celine and Groban...so I was apprehensive about him working with Clay...

BUT...when I saw him on AI mentoring some of the kids I was impressed I thought he was able to pinpoint everyones strengths and weaknesses. I was also impressed with LAA...its one of my favorite clay songs ever. I just love the kind of haunting melody he was able to create for Clay. So I am looking forward to their collaboration.

However...for those that think he will be the one to bring out the inner rocker that is just hiding inside Clay...BWAH....I don't think so.

I've always said that David Foster is the King of Cheese, but so many prayed for Clay to leave RCA (which actually is the rock star label) and go with Foster. Did I miss a meeting?

I have always been confused by the Foster love from people who believe Clive is stifling Clay's inner rock star and somehow think that Foster is going to fix that. I'm glad Clay has a mentor in the business, but I don't look to Foster to bring out the animal in Clay.

I wonder if Angela feels any pull of attraction towards him at all? If not, she's a great actress.

I think she feels something sometimes, more of a push than a pull, and it prolly still feels mighty good, dontcha think? I'd kill to be her.

Either Clay has the hots for Angela real bad, or he's a great actor. I don't care for shipping, but if I was gonna ship, it would be the Clangela or the Clyra, because of the way he responds to them.

For couchie...

Clicky...

th_Angela.jpg

What is he saying right after "You know me off of my feet"? Is it "Angela"?

Just got home after the second mom day in three days. I'm pooped and hot. I love FCA. Interesting discussion all day. Not sure I have anything to add, but it was really stimulating reading.

Two top-of-the pages in a row, YSRN--that's harsh. So sorry. What luck!

Edited by jmh123

Oh I think David has some great talent. What I thought was interesting in the article was just drawing the parallels between MB and Clay's (or anyone's) career path... how their label affects what they put out... how David's talent is selling the commercial, not necessarily squeezing the art out of the artist, how MB and Clay both have no filter, both discount their music a bit... etc. It reminded me of Clay's comment about not leaving the known devil for the unknown devil. Going to Warner wouldn't necessarily buy him anything... and it sounds like MB wasn't exactly brought by David - that it was more complex... Just interesting stuff, IMO. Nothing particularly new. I think we could google and find any artist and any article that suited our individual beliefs in the industry... this one I think just paralleled mine.

The whole MB wants to be artistic and David's thought that the market doesn't want experimentation, so they settled on "growth without alienation." Interesting, and I think that's what Clay is saying too with the "stay in my own lane, be different, but not too far off of himself" kind of thing.

If what Clay wants is to work with David and produce Foster-esque music; fine by me...it's not my style; I'd prefer something more upbeat, but it that's his choosing, he'll be happy and I'm sure I'll listen anyway. Heh. MB worked all those clubs, etc., knowing he wanted to be a singer/entertainer. Clay thought he wanted to be a teacher/principal. He's now doing the equivalent of finding/honing himself. Even though he has past experience (Just By Chance, etc.), I don't think he ever thought past hometown shows. It's cool to watch the emergence of the butterfly.

Plus I liked the part where MB makes mucho cash off private performances. I hope Clay is doing that also -- more than we know about.

:wordpooper:

Yeah, jmh, he's singing Angela. :) And yeah, thanks for making fun of me the congratulations on stealing your prime real estate. :lol:

...how MB and Clay both have no filter, both discount their music a bit... etc.

Compared to him, Clay's kind of calm. LOL.

The whole MB wants to be artistic and David's thought that the market doesn't want experimentation, so they settled on "growth without alienation." Interesting, and I think that's what Clay is saying too with the "stay in my own lane, be different, but not too far off of himself" kind of thing.

Yeah, definitely interesting. Reminds me of the meet & greet comment about "people expect to hear certain things from me." I guess I never considered that such an attitude exists about experimentation, and is so strong, when this fandom, at least a vocal element of it, is always clamoring for different/new/change.

Plus I liked the part where MB makes mucho cash off private performances. I hope Clay is doing that also -- more than we know about.

:wordpooper:

Betcha he does. Hee! Go Clay!

Yeah, jmh, he's singing Angela. :)

Sigh. Lucky beyotch.

jmh, I too love the comfort level that Clay seems to have with Angela and Tyra.

Not to dig up old crap, but I guess I'm gonna....Something that always stood out for me was the contrast in Tyra and Kelly Rippa.

Tyra was so welcoming to him, put him at ease and you could tell he felt warmth from her, she wanted to showcase him and let him shine

KRip was stand offish, she wanted to put him in his place, she did not like him giving it back to her, I saw no warmth and I'm just talking about the show. I never did watch her tirade never could get myself to do it

Anyway, it's the reason I see one of these women as beautiful and the other as ugly

If what Clay wants is to work with David and produce Foster-esque music; fine by me...it's not my style; I'd prefer something more upbeat,

Okay sorry to be a pest about this ... but as AAIT & BW can tell you ... I will be a pest about this... do you mean upbeat as in the mood? Or do you mean uptempo as in the speed?

For the life of me I have never heard the word upbeat used to describe fast music anywhere but this fandom and I'm just never sure what someone means when they use that term anymore. Hee. And while I will agree that some upbeat songs are also uptempo quite a few are not and many uptempo songs are hardly what I would term upbeat.

---

Love the new avi couchie...but I'll miss the old. One of my favorite pictures of Clay ever. *sniff*

eta...a bunch of clarity...

Edited by jamar1700

I for one would pay quite handsomely for a private performance from Clay. It would wipe out our retirement savings, but I'm sure DH wouldn't mind. :)

Hello!

How is everyone tonight? I see a lot of familiar faces! I know some of you know me from Clayversity and others probably know me as Ozfan4 at the OFC...heard a lot of good things about this board and thought I would check it out!

Kim

If what Clay wants is to work with David and produce Foster-esque music; fine by me...it's not my style; I'd prefer something more upbeat,

Okay sorry to be a pest about this ... but as AAIT & BW can tell you ... I will be a pest about this... do you mean upbeat as in the mood? Or do you mean uptempo as in the speed?

For the life of me I have never heard the word upbeat used to describe fast music anywhere but this fandom and I'm just never sure what someone means when they use that term anymore. Hee. And while I will agree that some upbeat songs are also uptempo quite a few are not and many uptempo songs are hardly what I would term upbeat.

Mood. Upbeat. Happy. Uplifting. Cheery. :) < ---- and yet, I see how my sentence is stoopid now. Heh!

I want upbeat and slightly uptempo... as in All About Love-type stuff. And I realize a David/Clay collaboration could indeed produce such a thing, so let me just smack.gif myself. LOL!

YES! I'm not at the top of the page! WooT!

Edited by YSRN

Jamar said:

For the life of me I have never heard the word upbeat used to describe fast music anywhere but this fandom and I'm just never sure what someone means when they use that term anymore. Hee.

---

Jamar Long time ago, I remember an interview with Clay when his second album was being discussed he said something about wanting more upbeat songs. I think he was refering to them not being sad and lost love types of songs. I think when I see fans talk about upbeat, I'm thinking they mean in tempo. At least that's how I see it and I used my 500th post in my feeble attempt to answer your question.

ETA:

See: YSRN, meant exactly the same thing Clay did, shows what I know

Edited by atinal

Hello!

How is everyone tonight? I see a lot of familiar faces! I know some of you know me from Clayversity and others probably know me as Ozfan4 at the OFC...heard a lot of good things about this board and thought I would check it out!

Kim

HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am glad to see you here...I KNOW you will like it.....go ahead speak your mind!!! :allgood:

Hello!

Kim

HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am glad to see you here...I KNOW you will like it.....go ahead speak your mind!!! :allgood:

I was wondering where you had been hiding! :big hug:

Kim

I noticed in all this conversation, we are forgetting two very devoted fans that Clay also mentioned as being very enthusiastic and a wee bit stalkerish- Bob and Linda. I have no idea what they look like so I guess I have never encountered them. But then again I don't know Toni or Ethyl either.

I do remember a lot of bad talk about them too from fans over the years. I thought Clay said that if you are willing to make fools of yourself, he might remember you.

I think she feels something sometimes, more of a push than a pull, and it prolly still feels mighty good, dontcha think? I'd kill to be her.

It is a reflection of how freakin' tired I am that when I read this I did NOT immediately 'get' it. :huh:

Then...I did....and I wished I COULD get "IT". :DoClay: sigh.... We have mucho pix that prove the man can give it...

I'm blabbing now...brain won't function...(shut up! sometimes it actually DOES... <_< )

Welcome to more newbies! :allgood:

I'm still at work and have one more thing to get done before I can go...my hubby called to make a date for tonight since one daughter is away for a sleepover birthday party and the other one is playing hostess at our house for her friends' group's bi-monthly "Movie Night" (complete with 'make-your-own-tacos' with fixins that hubby himself prepared!)....so he and I are meeting at the local brew joint to knock back a couple and get reacquainted....

And couchie's avie STILL does dangerous things to me....hope I don't fall asleep before hubby has reason to be glad it does. :whistling-1:

Hello!

Kim

HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was wondering where you had been hiding! :big hug:

Kim

you mean someone noticed???? truly, I do think this place will be a great fit for you!!!

Edited by rcknrllmom

Okay, got my avatar...now I feel like me.

Speak my mind...well, I think I will have to take it slow...don't want to scare people, LOL!

Kim

Mood. Upbeat. Happy. Uplifting. Cheery. :)

Oh good. Thanks for clarifying. I'd prefer upbeat (the mood) songs as well.

Lurve AAL. :wub:

Seriously I just had a huge WTF moment once when a friend said she really wanted Clay to do more "upbeat" stuff....like ..... When Doves Cry. (???!?!?!?????!!!!) Now WDC may have been fun to see Clay & Angela "perform" but it is by no means in anyones world what could be described as upbeat. If you've seen the movie you know what I mean. Gadz ... I suppose I have to confess now that I was mildly obsessed with Prince for a bit. Until I realized he was ... like 5 feet nuttin...suddenly....the thrill was gone.

---

eta...atinal that is what I remember too.

---

Hey Kim! Wassup? :RedGuy:

----

edited....oh who cares why.... :cryingwlaughter:

Edited by jamar1700

Bob and Linda don't make fools of themselves for Clay, they do all the general annoying things like blocking views with large signs, and trying to cut in line and thinking they are famous and leaving 500 page religious texts at Clay's Grandparent's house not the same thing as being an enthusiastic fan.

Personally, they ahve never done anything to me, I have only heard things second hand. They have not cut in line, they have not blocked my view (I pointed them out to you twice, by the way!), but the signs, you know how I feel about signs. And that religious thing was a little scarey.

Edited by playbiller

Hi Jamar Nice to see you! Are you going to be coming out my way for the Christmas Tour?

Kim

Are you going to be coming out my way for the Christmas Tour?

Doubt it. There are rumors of a local show here and ... Creole Bookwhore is very excited about Wichita, being it's within driving distance and all. But you know...who knows? I've been talked into crazier things. I guess right now we're in wait-n-see mode.

So...seen any green ink lately?

:cryingwlaughter:

Sorry ... couldn't resist.

---

eta ... I see my counterpart had the same problem. Hee.

etaa ... No BW ... not you.

etaaa ... and no...I'm not surprised. *g*

Edited by jamar1700

Lurve AAL. :wub:

Seriously I just had a huge WTF moment once when a friend said she really wanted Clay to do more "upbeat" stuff....like ..... When Doves Cry. (???!?!?!?????!!!!)

That wasn't me, was it? :wacko: Please tell me it wasn't me. Really, you have me scared to use any 'up' words.

ETA: I hatesss AAL. Surprised?

Hi, Kim! To make you feel right at home, I'm posting in green. :cryingwlaughter:

Muski, it's been a long week - I didn't get this right away, either. I had to read it twice.

I remember when a lot of folks in the fandom used to talk about Bob and Linda. Frankly, I was downright jealous that they got to go to so many concerts. Then for a looooong time I didn't hear much about them and thought they had left to pursue other interests. 161 concerts? Lucky bitches. I'm still jealous.

Edited by Bookwhore