#21: "Surprisingly, the ice did not melt."

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Clay really is a smorgasbord of yummy goodness. Can I have the drumstick, please?
    • He loved his seconddom, and his seconddom loved him back.
    • I want to be Clay Aiken when I grow up.
    • In this concert's solemn setting, he IS joy.
    • Clay's voice is his niche.
    • Which brings us to Clay Aiken, as most good conversations should.
    • And two weeks ago, I didn't know who Clay Aiken was
    • Ahhhh.....like the first little snowflakes of the season, the first little lip bites of the holiday concerts are just as beautiful...
    • He is who he is and that is what the world gets.. the real Clay.
    • My fangirly is in full blush, yo!
    • He has thrown down a gauntlet, and dared us to pick it up.
    • Sigh, guh, thud, swoon, wonderstruck, overwhelmed, floored, astounded!

I got my pins today also! Thanks for your hard work. I was shock they got to Michigan already. I am looking outside and the snow is acculminating(SP). The weather for mid Michigan for Fri. is a couple of inches. I am praying they are wrong, because it is usually worse on the west side to the state. I guess we will have to leave a lot earlier than we thought.

I can not wait to we get report from tonight. I new there was a reason why I did not schedule myself to work tomorrow.

We found the venue, which JaMar reminded me is not a venue, it's a church. When I saw the entrance labeled 'worship center' I immediately thought "Yeah, baby!!!", then remembered the worshiping wasn't intended to be for Clay. If God doesn't strike me down dead for a blasphemer and blow up the venu church, I'll try to get back on later and tell you about how thudly and hott reverent and worshipful he looked.

:funny: :lmaosmiley-1:

:xmas07a: :XmasRed:

A church instead of a venue, eh? Rats...I guess this :pinkhandcuffsf: is out of the question, then, huh? :lipstick:

Hope you don't mind me correcting you Ansa, but the concert starts at 7:30 Central time; wouldn't want anyone to be late!

Kim

muskifest

A church instead of a venue, eh? Rats...I guess this :pinkhandcuffsf: is out of the question, then, huh? :lipstick:

SamtheEagle1.JPG

Sam the Eagle wants to remind you that everyone, including church people, are walking around absolutely naked underneath their clothes. :) Shocking, but true.

I thought it started at 7:30 CENTRAL time, Kim.

Oops, You're right! Fixed my post! Just blame it on pre-concert excitement!

Kim

As a quick kind of update, my idea of collecting maybe 50-400 books from fans in attendance has brought in roughly 231 books by mail and $350 in gift cards.

I am so excited to get the books stacked and take a few pictures Friday night!

Terrific job, Rhody! Glad to see your idea has soared!

I can't wait to see what the final total will be.

Me too! This is absolutely fantastic! I'm impressed by how much as been received already! And the article turned out great too... Think of all the happy kids with their new books! :clap:

:lilredani: Got my FCA pins in the mail today! And guess what? They're really CUTE! Thanks Couchie and Crew.

Got mine too - all the way to Wisconsin! What fun to pick up the mail and find the yellow envelope! Thanks couchie!

Off to finish work so I can be ready at 7:30!!

Warning- Rumor has it Slimon is going to be in GQ. Get those copies early.

In what???? Designer black T-shirts????? :cryingwlaughter:

I can't wait to cook dinner and get all that over with. I don't any of these strange people that say they are my family to bother me.

We are just having leftovers from yesterday's dinner.......

Here's a funny story... I sent hubby to the store on Friday for a turkey breast (since we didn't have dinner at our house, we had no leftovers), and he called and said they looked kinda big, but there was a 10-lb one, so I told him to get it. He got home and I threw it in the fridge......

Well, yesterday when I went to cook it, I discovered it wasn't a 10-lb turkey breast it was a $10.00 TURKEY and it weighed SEVENTEEN POUNDS!!! So I cooked it anyway and now we've got a leftover turkey dinner with all the trimmings!!! It seemed a little silly to have all that food for just himself and me...... but there you have it!!

LEFTOVERS TONIGHT!!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Hope you don't mind me correcting you Ansa, but the concert starts at 7:30 Central time; wouldn't want anyone to be late!

Kim

yup but thats 8:30 EST...so I will be around for pre concert chat...at 8:00 pm EST. Its actually earlier than the concert.

YAY cos that means my daughter should be asleep...and I can actually chat with you guys.

Exciting night :clap: If this is one of those bigmegahatebornagainchurches then the acoustics should be pretty good. I'm tuning in for the concert! I may be a heathen of sorts but I still love Clay.

Rhody, you did a great job organizing that effort. I don't think there could have been a more meaningful way to show Clay the love.

Hope you don't need bigger feet to take care of any kazoos lying about bottle. Hee :cryingwlaughter:

Wonder if anyone will find Dorothy and Toto in Kansas tonight?

Exciting night :clap: If this is one of those bigmegahatebornagainchurches then the acoustics should be pretty good. I'm tuning in for the concert! I may be a heathen of sorts but I still love Clay.

Love your description of this place!

Think I will skip the cellcert. Still haven't reconciled my feelings about his playing in a place like this.

My problem. My loss.

I have already decided not to download clack - although I suspect I will see a picture or two.

I guess I stand by my principles. If I wouldn't attend the concert because of where it is being held, it just feels hypocritical to download clack from it.

But if he looks pretty, I guess there is no harm in drooling over pictures........ :hubbahubba:

Glad the pups are making the trip. At least I assume BOTH pups are there......

I so wish i was there, but i have work and all that stuff, I am so busy and stuff if anyone cares. And I may not be able to see clay until late november of 2008 or december of that time.

Awww I do think there are a lot of people in your boat. I never expect to see a concert...so used to missing them.

muskifest

SamtheEagle1.JPG

Sam the Eagle wants to remind you that everyone, including church people, are walking around absolutely naked underneath their clothes. :) Shocking, but true.

:huh::blink:

Who the HELL is Sam the Eagle? :cryingwlaughter:

muskifest

SamtheEagle1.JPG

He's a muppet!!!!

Love your description of this place!

Think I will skip the cellcert. Still haven't reconciled my feelings about his playing in a place like this.

My problem. My loss.

I have already decided not to download clack - although I suspect I will see a picture or two.

I guess I stand by my principles. If I wouldn't attend the concert because of where it is being held, it just feels hypocritical to download clack from it.

But if he looks pretty, I guess there is no harm in drooling over pictures........ :hubbahubba:

Glad the pups are making the trip. At least I assume BOTH pups are there......

CG, You are definitely a better heathen than I am. :cryingwlaughter: I wouldn't set a foot in there either but this is Clay with his fine ass, his hair and that voice :hubbahubba: so I just can't miss tuning into the first night to see what mayhem he has up his sleeve. Tonight also sets the tone for the story readers so that will be interesting (hopefully).

muskifest

SamtheEagle1.JPG

Is he on Sesame Street?? ..... or that other show I can't remember the name of..... He looks a little curmudgeon-ey!! :breakpc2:

Couchie - you are right!!! It was a miracle that he even called me from the store!! :cryingwlaughter:

muskifest

SamtheEagle1.JPG

Is he on Sesame Street?? ..... or that other show I can't remember the name of..... He looks a little curmudgeon-ey!! :breakpc2:

Couchie - you are right!!! It was a miracle that he even called me from the store!! :cryingwlaughter:

He's from the muppet show...

Some one here does not know Muppets? I love the Mupets, I watched their prome time TV show all the time. I broke down and bought a TV just to watch it (end of pretentious intellectual snob years)

I am at a loss with the concert starting tonight., I have Clay radio on right now, but we will see what happens.

So it is not enough to have butt shots of Clay,now we need them of Jerome? I think that doggie had a few too many snacks, looks closer to a stuffed sausage than a border terrier.

My children loved the muppets. My middle child use to carry a cookie monster stuff animanl around all the time. When my oldest child was a teenager he told me he was a deprived child when he was a pre-schooler. At the time we had a black and white tv. He told me he did not know the color of all the major charectors. I came back that he would not of known even with a color tv. He is very color blind and would not even know what he was looking at.

ETA: I just realized..I managed to stay a concert virgin for this tour!!! I'm so proud of myself!!!!

Bookie... BWAH!!! How on earth did you do that? :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

SamtheEagle1.JPG

00Isee... :cryingwlaughter: I am shocked, I tell you, shocked!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Jerome says it's a great show!!! I'm exciteder now, since he has seen them all and knows of what he speaks! And, I don't think he is the slightest bit predujiced either... LOL

Time to leave and get home and get to the Wichita thread with bells on!!! Whooo Hoooo!!!!

Some one here does not know Muppets? I love the Mupets, I watched their prome time TV show all the time. I broke down and bought a TV just to watch it (end of pretentious intellectual snob years)

I love the Muppets too... I was heartbroken when Jim Henson died (R.I.P.). I love the Muppet Christmas Show with John Denver (also R.I.P.) and we try and watch every year! My kids are way into nostalgia!! They are only in their late 20's, so it's only going to get worse!!

:xmas07a: :xmas07a: :xmas07a: