#22: Which brings us to Clay Aiken, as most good conversations should

ldyjocelyn

Thread title poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next poll title???

• Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!
    • Brown hair and red hair and blonde hair, OH MY!
    • Is He Harboring Weapons of Mass Seduction?
    • "God help us with the dancing part."
    • I love the new hair, and the hair from last week, and the hair from next week.
    • I can pretend he's the little Shetland pony I wanted to play with as a child.
    • He is a man of many parts and all of them can park on my couch anytime!!!
    • When I pushed the Clay button, his voice pushed all of mine.

:( I'm currently homeless. This is my home board. :cry4:

my bad... I keep forgetting we're a real board LOL. And you know it took me FOREVAH for it to even by my homeboard.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: Jamar and Claygasm

Ok so do you think a DCAT shirt, followed by cuddleduds, followed bya long sleeved shirt, followed by a fleece pullover shirt followed by a big fluffy warm coat accompanied by all sorts of scarves and other accessories will keep me warm enough? A little overkill :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

I am getting soooo confused. Who said anything about another artist? Was that in dudley's post? Did I skim too fast?

Whoa, I'm having a deja vu. Or is it a senior moment? :lol:

What the hell are cuddleduds? Did you go for nappy?

Dear Lord,

If I should die before I wake

Please, my harddrive willl you take

To save from family's prying eyes

Clay's monumental super prize.

Amen

OMG, BWAH!!! :cryingwlaughter: You're hilarious!

I think you can do with cuddleduds and long sleeved t-shirt and fleece pullover and bulky coat.

The one thing you have to realize ... you won;t be out in the cold all the time. You will be shopping and it will be warm in the stores. You will want to take off your coat and might even get too warm with the fleece pullover. You have to be ready to peel off some layers. Also, you will have to carry those layers around with you while shopping so take that into consideration.

It was truly cold here yesterday but I ended up sweating in the malls...If you don;t anticipate walking around outside don't put too many stuff on.

For those of you wondering about Scarlett, she called me from Erie and said she had made it safely to the hotel. She's riding to Cleveland with someone who has actually used the stick with the bristly things so she should be okay for the rest of this trip.

Hugs to those who weren't able to make their concerts because of the weather.

Apparently, knowing about the stick had nothing to do with being able to successfully drive through a whiteout! Have you ever willingly driven through a blizzard? Maybe I should do the driving to Cleveland.

I was feeling rather proud of myself as I was approaching Erie -- hardly anyone else was and I thought that if "Maneuvering Out of a Skid" were an Olympic sport I'd have gotten a perfect 10... until I remembered that I had a GPS (that doesn't have a sense of humor), multiple cell phones, 4-wheel drive, etc. Someday, when I cross the Sinai Peninsula with a donkey and a week-old baby (no, not Clay's), then I'll really be proud.... driving by all by yourself in a winter wonderland give you time to think, especially if all you have for company are 5 Clay CDs.

Hugs to everyone who missed the show -- but really, it was "Pensacola" all over again. KAndre woud've gotten into another fight if she'd been there.

Left for another artist?

What is it about that that I can't wrap my mind around? I guess the fact that there is no other artist for me but Clay. If I left the fandom, I'd still be Clay's fan. I wasn't a fan of another artist when I got here, and I can't imagine there would ever be another down the line. Only other fan club I ever joined in my life was The Beatles, in 1964.

Left for another artist? Is that like when someone resigns under pressure to "spend more time with the family?"

wandacleo, you're the poet laureate! :clap:

Not caught up (as usual), but wanted to say thanks for the birthday wishes. And how nice to share my birthday with wandacleo, who I got to meet in Las Vegas.

Sat. morning I did not think I was going to go to Williamsport, but my sweetheart of a dh upon seeing how upset I was, said, "Let's go." So we did. DD#2 who was supposed to go with me, decided she had too much studying to do and opted to stay home.

Since I was behind in reading the board I didn't know the FCAers were meeting after the concert. Probably would have been awkward for me to leave dh anyway since he was so wonderful about driving me. We had no trouble getting out of there this morning and driving the 3 hours home.

Scarlett, you were in the row behind me a few seats to my right in Williamsport.

When we arrived home this afternoon, dd#1 and sil were here in the process of baking me a birthday cake and fixing a lovely dinner. I was gifted with the new Josh Groban Christmas CD (heh) and a little pair of binoculars for better viewing of certain things. After dinner and cake and gifts, we all decorated the Christmas tree while listening to said JG CD.

All in all, a very nice weekend.

Okay...now you all know me, right? I love Waldo. And I've seen him clothed in many pictures and videos...

However...in this particular picture posted by ever-vigilant Claygasm...I must go with

"It's a fold."

yep...now if he were standing up straight and that...

....that....

THING were still there?

Wellllll....

All RIGHTY then! :hubbahubba:

But not his time, friends. :cry4:

Eeep, I have a memory problem, I found one "spamalot ad" paper more than names to send them to - who did I forget?

I have the following packed

Liney

Clazorback

laughn

pkmiller

ldyjocelyn

DJS

Oops, and Scarlett, but I am not mailing hers, so I left her off the mailling list. Still missing someone

If there is no one else, my sister wanted one, .....

At least it is not a mammory problem.

Dear Lord,

If I should die before I wake

Please, my harddrive willl you take

To save from family's prying eyes

Clay's monumental super prize.

Amen

Wanda, you're on a roll tonight! I love both of your poems, but this one takes the cake.

Muski, I have to agree - I think it's a fold. :cry4:

Hugs to lucky and cindilu - I'm so sorry you had to miss the concert! But it's good that you're safe and warm.

Okay...now you all know me, right? I love Waldo. And I've seen him clothed in many pictures and videos...

However...in this particular picture posted by ever-vigilant Claygasm...I must go with

"It's a fold."

yep...now if he were standing up straight and that...

....that....

THING were still there?

Wellllll....

All RIGHTY then! :hubbahubba:

But not his time, friends. :cry4:

Party pooper. <_<

I am telling you, in person, it was NOT a fold!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :P

(Besides, weren't you the one who once upon a time thought the RI YGAF was a fold????? :whistling-1:)

(Besides, weren't you the one who once upon a time thought the RI YGAF was a fold????? :whistling-1: )

BWAH... no she didn't. hee

I was young and innocent then. I mean...that was in 2004, right?

But I'll vote with Gibby here---that's a zipper lump. I believe Waldo is resting comfortably behind. In fact, when I watched Poughkeepsie's DSIAFCD, where his long jacket was also unbuttoned, I noticed that his pants seem quite roomy and...loose around the crotch area...methinks he's getting his tailoring done with a bit more care...

He's remembering the binoculars pointing downward, perhaps? :cryingwlaughter:

THere's a 'blowing snow advisory' for Cleveland---that's where Clay's headed next, right? And the city should expect 4-8 inches.

huh?

4-8 inches?

Bwah! Do they think I was born yesterday? Clay Aiken's coming to Cleveland and they're expecting only 4-8 inches?

BWAH!

Scarlett, I am so glad you made it safe and sound to Erie. I was thinking about you all the way back to New Jersey. After missing Morristown, there was no way I was going to miss Williamsport no matter what the weather and it was so worth it! I had a great time, was handed the HUGE responsibility of handing out black tape by jojoct.....I guess I be a minion and serve two masters, right? And then after the show I got to hang out in the back room with some of my favorite peeps. It doesn't get any better than that. In the morning, I'm off on the final leg of this trip and it looks like the weather won't be too bad where I'm going tomorrow....Bangor. My fingers wanted to type Cleveland there, darn it. I'll do my best to catch up in the hotel tomorrow night and write something sensible.....ahem....I can if I really really try...hard.

I was looking at the pix that I shot last night. It looks like Clay might have been trying to get in touch with his inner John Denver last night. Just a little maybe? Anyway....first things first.

Would a zipper fold if no one is folding it? To further support Claygasm's photographic evidence.

233253455-L.jpg

It's there in all of the 20 or so "hand in pocket" pictures I shot last night. The only time I had a zipper that did that, when I was standing up straight, was in a cheap hoodie.....which coincidentally rhymes with....you know.

Now onto some other stuff. A pair of "Come to Jesus" looks....

233250700-L.jpg

233251071-L.jpg

He just cracks me up...

233252013-L.jpg

233252411-L.jpg

I'll do some more digging tomorrow night and if I find any "Come to Daddy" ones, I'll post those.

ETA: I just watched Scarlett's OHN from Erie and I have to ask, did this concert start late perhaps? Love the mussed up hair! But I want to know. How did it get that way? Who, or what, was the cause of the mussing? That didn't just happen on its own. Not with product it didn't....I sense human hands at work here. I want to know whose fingers were in that mane at 7:25 PM on the 16th day of December in the year two thousand and seven. Ack! I need to go to bed since that hair seems all kind of hawt to me tonight while last night I was a leeetle bit skeered.

Ya know, it was probably something simple like some indiscriminate licks from Durham, but still...hawt. I am such a dork. Goodnight my darlings.

OY!....I just watched it again and right at the end Clay looks right at her camera as if to say "Did you get all that or did the tape melt in the process?" Now I REALLY have to go to bed.....my tape is melting.

KarenEh I definitely think we should have the other 19 pieces of anti-zipper evidence so we can examine them carefully--just to make sure and all. :hubbahubba: