#22: Which brings us to Clay Aiken, as most good conversations should

ldyjocelyn

Thread title poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next poll title???

• Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!
    • Brown hair and red hair and blonde hair, OH MY!
    • Is He Harboring Weapons of Mass Seduction?
    • "God help us with the dancing part."
    • I love the new hair, and the hair from last week, and the hair from next week.
    • I can pretend he's the little Shetland pony I wanted to play with as a child.
    • He is a man of many parts and all of them can park on my couch anytime!!!
    • When I pushed the Clay button, his voice pushed all of mine.

Psst. I already posted this in the tour thread, but I think it's now pretty safe to say out here too...

The third reader tonight is laughn!

:laola0:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YAY laughn!!!!

looking forward to the recap...and oops of course I will listen tonight...EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Wow...great rants from cindi, couchie and clayzor.

and huge WORD to Jennaz...I am ok either way...if he is working on the CD during or after Spamalot...its his business.

but I have learned not to jump to conclusions based on one interview where he isn't even quoted...

Yesterday, I read the article that CHA CHA, linked, that showed me how seriously scary this can be, and it looks like this whole thing could have been just as convoluded as that. I'm a fan of Clay Aiken, I want to enjoy his music, I want to have fun with other fans, I want to look at pretty pictures, It ain't rocket science!,

Hey - atinal - thanks and I'm glad you liked the article!! It's amazing to me the lengths these scammers go to to perpetrate their myths.

But just to clarify - CHA CHA is that broad over at the CH who lives in Hawaii!! I am the quieter version - cha cha with no caps. Just so nobody gets confused. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Thanks, and sorry cha cha, I should have looked at the name that came up on the page when I hit the quote button. duh. :F_05BL17blowkiss: back at ya.

woo the hell hooo! for laughn's reading! :clap:

and know what? I didn't know there were two cha cha/CHA CHA's!!!! :huh:

and since I check my actual email account so infrequently, no Clique email could bother me (especially since I didn't submit a Meet 'n Greet request!)

CD?

Clay's doing another CD?

kewl :imgtongue:

But he does have Mondays off!

Kim

Nope. Sorry. Mondays are our dates to explore the Kama Sutra.

And what, pray tell, is your favorite so far? Heeeee.

:ruserious:

Would you believe I just checked my email, and there was an email from Clayonline. :yess:

They wanted to know if I wanted a fleecy blanket..... :nono2: Ummmmmm....not nice, not good form at all Clique.

:bye6:

THANK YOU for the warning! I didn't expect to win a M&G since I saw that Meesa won an Omaha M&G already (YAY!), so I thought that all of the emails had probably gone out already. But I woud have been a tiny bit hopeful to see that I'd gotten an email from Clayonline unless I'd gotten your warning!

I'm sad about no M&G, too, cindilu. Maybe next tour, for both of us!

Laughn, I'm so happy for you! Can't wait to hear the story.

I believe there were some fans who were so afraid that Clay might be gay, that they eagerly embraced any scenario in which he was not--such as the existence of a girlfriend and a child.

Yep. That's what I thought too. Of course, the irony is that Clay having a girlfriend and/or a child wouldn't really mean anything of the sort.

Definitely fold.

Oh yeah....the foldiest fold that ever folded. *g*

A very dear friend of mine had her face photoshopped onto a cartoon character and, I believe, put up in the banner of one of the private boards. I was so angry on her behalf. Probably bothered me more than her. :cryingwlaughter:

Must have. Good ol' "Jafar" :lilredani:

---

Hee muski my middle son went to take his driving test on Christmas Eve. An hour before they closed. He had to drive around the block. No parking, no stop lights, not even a left turn. Nuttin'.

I'm still in shock! :cryingwlaughter:

Um, BC, did I mention I need to find the offered car now? I moved it from the kitchen when I remodeled, but I am not sure which shelf it landed on.

To Lurkers who misrepresent us at other boards - GET A LIFE. I'd rather you just post a link and let people see for themselves. I will continue to say whatever I think and whatever I want to say. Now, if you want to take over paying the bills then we can talk. And for anybody that takes what anyone says at face value anymore... HELLO, pull your head out of your ass and start thinking for yourself. That is all.

Gee, Couchie, why don't you tell us how you really feel? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

What brought all this on? Is someone bad-mouthing our board?

A big :finger: to them! (I've been waiting for months to use that emoticon!)

Ah, my fault, when I find a reference to FCA somewhere else, I let Ansa and Couchie, know, but it was old. it is nice to keep track of references because we have a history of back channel reporting to other boards by lurkers. There are no secrets on the internet, despite all the rumors you are hearing now, and a lot of people are to blame, but there are selected targets getting hit.

my confession - I knew a few people were acting very weird and I did nothing to alert anyone else to my concerns and I did not try and contact them myself. I sat back as an observer, rather than a friend or I tried to debate them on the boards which was useless, I was outnumbered.

Catch up post....

No M&G for me either...not that I ever thought there would be.

But you're right, cindilu2, the blanket email did give me a moment.

Zena, hope you have a great birthday....and see you in Minneapolis! Wear your sword!

I'm flying off in the AM as well. May see some of you at MSP; anyone else taking the shuttle?

Has anyone heard yet if Angie is in Cleveland? I feel so bad for her.

Loved the interview...he's been asked enough, I know, but I really hope he DOES do "Learning to Shut Up, the Sequel" :cryingwlaughter: eventually.

I met a lovely lady last night in Erie, and her approx 12 yr old daughter. Neither are on the boards; she does housework for the "exalted leader" of the Meadville Clayfans, and Shirley has Clayverted her, or rather Clay did it himself, as usual. She and her daughter were pushed over the edge into giddy love by LTS. She's thrilled to have this man as an example for her daughter, and they were both thrilled to be at their first concert, just blown away. She specifically mentioned how much better he sounded in person than on the CDs, and loved his obvious concern for Angie.

I really enjoyed meeting and chatting with her and her daughter.

Hee....now she wants to buy a computer....little does she know!!

From CB by BamaClayBelle <- cute name

I always see someone here say that "pigs are flying." Well, I really thought that today when I was reading the Birmingham News. On the page with tonight's prime time TV schedule, there was a rather large article entitled "Clay Aiken anything but idle." Then it said "'American Idol' runner-up on TV; prepares to star in 'Spamalot' on Broadway." You will just never know how surprised and excited I was to see this. We just NEVER have ANY press in our paper about Clay--and the few times we have had any, it was just "o.k." This was by John A. Zukowski, Newhouse News Service, and he says some nice things about Clay and then refers to an interview that he had with Clay from Albany, N.Y. They used the gorgeous "All Is Well" photo. All in all, it is a great bit of publicity. I'll scan it in for you if I can remember how to do so.

2 1/2 hours to go..weeeeeeeeeeeeee. I better go finish packing.

We still don't have anything planned for Minneapolis and that's just crazy. I will be there tomorrow. I'll PM everybody on the representing list with my cell phone. And I'll also try to set up something for THURSDAY before the concert. So check the thread tomorrow and Wednesday and also PM me if you want my cell phone. I'll have my lap top so will be able to check in.

Woo Hooo! Back from the concert! I'll post some thoughts in the concert thread, and I'm sure laughn will have a thing or two to tell y'all about her reading experience.

YAY...looking forward to your recap

Hello everyone !!

I come from CV, I recognize a lot of people here that I have been missing over there. I have been a fan for 4 years and went from RHT to CV and felt at home until recently. I am still trying to wrap my mind around the latest events and find them mind blowing. :yow:

Hello everyone !!

I come from CV, I recognize a lot of people here that I have been missing over there. I have been a fan for 4 years and went from RHT to CV and felt at home until recently. I am still trying to wrap my mind around the latest events and find them mind blowing. :yow:

welcome underthespell...

yup mind blowing indeed...

zena... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Even though, with the time change, it probably isn't anymore! LOL It is out here on the west coast, anywho.

bookwhore...

ETA: My condolences to anyone whose child has a permit and learning to drive. The only time I ever struck my son in anger was during a driving lesson. After he ran the umpteenth stop sign. "It's a law, fergodssake, not a suggestion!" I actually only took him that once before telling my DH that it was going to be up to him to teach the kids to drive. I taught them to ride bicycles, so my work was done.

BWAH!!! I laughed till I had tears over this... I just finished teaching my 16 yr old DGS to drive and the first couple of time, he ran a stop sign AND a red light. Luckily, we were practice driving in an industrial area at night, so no other traffic. I am still laughing at your "It's a law, fergodssake, not a suggestion!" ! He got his license a couple of weeks ago and so far so good! He's ADD, so that just made it more fun and challenging. My hair is whiter and I'm on meds, but we made it! LOL

Scarlet... LOVED OHN from Erie. The music was to die for and the hair was to snicker at... LOL He is sooo cute! He is really looking like Clayton with the hair and the glasses. And, he's not weaing any eye makeup, either, I don't think. He's still hiding the freckles, tho. He's still gorgeous!!! Wonder if he is just tired of the split personality of Clayton and Clay and wants to merge the two. I guess we'll see after UNICEF, specially if he does any promo for Spamalot.