#22: Which brings us to Clay Aiken, as most good conversations should

ldyjocelyn

Thread title poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next poll title???

• Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!
    • Brown hair and red hair and blonde hair, OH MY!
    • Is He Harboring Weapons of Mass Seduction?
    • "God help us with the dancing part."
    • I love the new hair, and the hair from last week, and the hair from next week.
    • I can pretend he's the little Shetland pony I wanted to play with as a child.
    • He is a man of many parts and all of them can park on my couch anytime!!!
    • When I pushed the Clay button, his voice pushed all of mine.

Quick give me Bottlecap's address, I have a car for her!

And I will thank you for your generosity by sending you an authentic tissue that Baby Daddy used to clean his glasses. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Have I said "EEEEEEEEE!!!" yet? I'm right down the street from the venue and CLAY! I made a scouting trip to the theater to check out the state of downtown Cleveland's sidewalks. Geez, you're taking your life in your hands trying to get over the slush on the curbs... No 3" heels for me tonight - even though I feel like I'm failing to live up to KAndre's stiletto standards.

That way, his unreasonable jealousy doesn't interfere with my unfaithful ways!

I was wording your post until I got to this! I'm only unfaithful to Clay with my lawfully wedded husband, so I know Clay wouldn't/couldn't be jealouse of that.... :cryingwlaughter:

OT---So my daughter goes to the DMV to try FOR THE THIRD TIME (that's the one that's the charm, right? :rolleyes: ) to take the written test to get her learner's permit for driving. She's a nervous wreck again, as she is with any kind of standardized testing environment. So although she's actually STUDIED the damned driver's manual this time and feels more confident, she's still visibly shaken and stirred as she approaches the lady at the DMV counter.

The lady looks at Alex's info on the computer screen, asks Alex if she's nervous, to which Alex responds, "Yes, but I'm ready I think." The lady smiles, looks at the screen again (which of course reveals her past two failed attempts at passing) and then prints something out, hands it to Alex and says, "Merry Christmas, honey!"

It's her permit.

Alex didn't even have to take the test the third time! :clap:

Alex is one happy teenager and is now often asking us, as we sit around the house all comfy and chilled out, "Does anybody need to go the store for anything? Run some errands? I'll drive!" :cryingwlaughter:

Now I'm riding shotgun most of the time :blink: ....!!!! And hubby and I have a great thing to dangle over her head as the reason why she needs to do her chores and whatnot. Take those car keys away, don't you know? :whistling-1:

Edited because the link didn't work...the interview with Clay at USA Week-end is already up if someone can bring it over.

Kim

Found the article...heads are already starting to explode re: the CD news.

Clay Aiken on Spamalot, stage fright and sequels

Posted by Lorrie Lynch

Can you think of any better revenge on that high school musical director who cut you from the cast than to end up in a hit Broadway show? I can't. And that's just what has happened for Clay Aiken — the Broadway part, not the revenge, necessarily. He got cut from the musical when in high school in Raleigh, N.C. and next month he'll make his Broadway debut.

I just got off the phone with Clay, who was so full of energy and good conversation, he was better than a cup of coffee to jump start my afternoon. He was happy to answer questions from Blog readers, though there was not time to do them all. Thanks for sending them, everyone. You are informed followers indeed.

The American Idol alum, who is in Cleveland today, confessed that he was talking to me while he was still in his pajamas; he was waiting backstage to do the sound check before the show there tonight. He'll go to Minneapolis for three days, then Omaha and Chicago before he leaves with UNICEF to work in Mexico for the holidays.

He says he won't even have time to think about Spamalot until Jan. 2 and he has not ever seen the movie, Sylvie. In fact, he only saw the show a year ago. "The first time I saw it, I thought, 'This is stupid.' It was lost on me." But about six months later, on a second viewing, he saw that it is "irreverant, silly, silly, silly and it's all it's supposed to be. I laughed so hard. It's the funniest show in New York." He IS a little worried about the dancing, or as he put it, "God help us with the dancing part." He'll have just about two weeks to learn it before his debut on Jan. 18. And he's curious about what it will be like to do eight shows a week all in the same place. Spamalot, he says, "is the closest to a 9 to 5 job I've ever had in my life." And, Lissa, it sounds like he'll work on the new album primarily after the show is wrapped up in May.

Clay does not experience stage fright but he did remember for me that the last time he had it was the first week he was on American Idol. As for what other musical or play he might like to do someday, there seems to be no question - Huck Finn in Big River. He recalls seeing that musical in Raleigh when he was very young and realizing "Oh wow. These people are making a living singing. It seemed more attainable." The cool part of that story is, the young actor playing Huck that day that Clay saw it, was Martin Moran. And it is Moran, currently playing Sir Robin in Spamalot, who Clay will replace.

I asked about writing a sequel to his book Learning to Sing, and at first he laughed about it being called Learn to Shut Up. But Clay says he doesn't see a sequel. He says the first book felt right because he had so many experiences to share that might benefit someone else. Though he's grown much and "there would be a lot to get in" he doesn't see how it would benefit anyone else.

I did get to ask how he relaxes, wondering if he had a hobby or sport. But Clay says the best way for him to relax is to be alone. He likes staying on the tour bus when everyone else is gone, or just going to the mall by himself. He says he recharges best by himself. No doubt he is going to love New York.

Link to USAweekend interview

ETA: When will people ever learn not to take every written word as gospel? How many times has he said - out loud - that he's working on songs for the CD? So who knows how this writer paraphrased him, or interpreted what he said? Maybe he said he would work on PROMOTING the cd after May.

Honestly, this fucking fandom just doesn't WANT to be happy.

ETA: And you know what? So what if he DOESN'T work on it til after Spamalot? He's working on his CAREER. In HIS time. The CD will come out when it's ready. BAH!

clayzor, you got any extra alcohol up there??? I need some.

Yeah, selective memory is an interesting thing, isn't it?

"Apartment girl" was easily dismissed because she was clearly an amateur at the game. She was a first-time poster who opened with a silly, absurd claim. However, I'll bet that if she had started cultivating PM relationships with influential posters, gradually leaking tantalizing tidbits over a period of weeks, and playing into the aspirations and sensitivities of those contacted, she might have had the same result as babymamma.

I think that what gave these "fake Clays" and "fake insiders" currency was not just the fans desire to have "special, privileged" information. These scammers preyed on fan fears and insecurities. I believe there were some fans who were so afraid that Clay might be gay, that they eagerly embraced any scenario in which he was not--such as the existence of a girlfriend and a child. They could take claims of drug use or parental neglect, because they had that relationship to cling to. Similarly, I think the RCA stories of Clay as the unhappy, abused artist, fell neatly into fans' emotional need for a villain. People would rather believe that Clay was the victim of a malicious plot to sabotage and destroy him, than to believe that the label simply made some poor business decisions.

The sad thing is that many of those deceived are smart women. However, there are those elements within many of these lies that can be emotionally appealing to many. I suspect that as long as these fears and insecurities exist, there will be people who fall prey.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZENA!

Jenna, how did you get to be so smart!

I know what you mean LdyJ. It's all so salicious and disturbing. But now I'm taking off tonight to see my boyfriend and I want to just move on. I hope the right lessons are being learned.

Have fun! YOu deserve a good time! Stay warm and drive safe. At least Scarlett now is an experienced snow driver!

To Lurkers who misrepresent us at other boards - GET A LIFE. I'd rather you just post a link and let people see for themselves. I will continue to say whatever I think and whatever I want to say. Now, if you want to take over paying the bills then we can talk. And for anybody that takes what anyone says at face value anymore... HELLO, pull your head out of your ass and start thinking for yourself. That is all.

ETA: and when I say boyfriend I don't mean I have a real relationship with him. Just in case..heee.

You tell them, couchie!!

And YAY to Alex! I am so glad someone gave her a break!

And with that, I realize I have nothing to say! Just stopping in because I am still at work and have tons to do and don't want to do any of it!

Link to USAweekend interview

ETA: When will people ever learn not to take every written word as gospel? How many times has he said - out loud - that he's working on songs for the CD? So who knows how this writer paraphrased him, or interpreted what he said? Maybe he said he would work on PROMOTING the cd after May.

Big fat WORD to that!

Kim

Yesterday, I read the article that CHA CHA, linked, that showed me how seriously scary this can be, and it looks like this whole thing could have been just as convoluded as that. I'm a fan of Clay Aiken, I want to enjoy his music, I want to have fun with other fans, I want to look at pretty pictures, It ain't rocket science!,

Hey - atinal - thanks and I'm glad you liked the article!! It's amazing to me the lengths these scammers go to to perpetrate their myths.

But just to clarify - CHA CHA is that broad over at the CH who lives in Hawaii!! I am the quieter version - cha cha with no caps. Just so nobody gets confused. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I am still like 10 pages behind...... still catching up on the melodrama. We were talking about it over the weekend. It's incredible!!

happybirthday21gi.gif

birthday wishes to wandacleo Keldanker and zena!!

HUGS TO PERMASWOONED!

That way, his unreasonable jealousy doesn't interfere with my unfaithful ways!

I was wording your post until I got to this! I'm only unfaithful to Clay with my lawfully wedded husband, so I know Clay wouldn't/couldn't be jealouse of that.... :cryingwlaughter:

OT---So my daughter goes to the DMV to try FOR THE THIRD TIME (that's the one that's the charm, right? :rolleyes: ) to take the written test to get her learner's permit for driving. She's a nervous wreck again, as she is with any kind of standardized testing environment. So although she's actually STUDIED the damned driver's manual this time and feels more confident, she's still visibly shaken and stirred as she approaches the lady at the DMV counter.

The lady looks at Alex's info on the computer screen, asks Alex if she's nervous, to which Alex responds, "Yes, but I'm ready I think." The lady smiles, looks at the screen again (which of course reveals her past two failed attempts at passing) and then prints something out, hands it to Alex and says, "Merry Christmas, honey!"

It's her permit.

Alex didn't even have to take the test the third time! :clap:

Alex is one happy teenager and is now often asking us, as we sit around the house all comfy and chilled out, "Does anybody need to go the store for anything? Run some errands? I'll drive!" :cryingwlaughter:

Now I'm riding shotgun most of the time :blink: ....!!!! And hubby and I have a great thing to dangle over her head as the reason why she needs to do her chores and whatnot. Take those car keys away, don't you know? :whistling-1:

It's fun having kids the same age, Muski! My daughter just got her permit, too. We took her out driving for the first time yesterday. She was a little freaked out, which is good. I don't want her to get cocky behind the wheel, I'd rather that she has respect for the damage a car can do. Anyway, we have a whole year of driving with her ahead, which will give her LOTS of experience. And then, in a year, I won't have to drive her to school, to every play or musical rehearsal, to every get-together with her friends, etc. etc. It's good to have bonding time in the car, but it can get really old after awhile!

quote]And, Lissa, it sounds like he'll work on the new album primarily after the show is wrapped up in May.

Um, did people really think that between being on tour this summer and now and the ice skating thing and 5th grader and doing 8 shows a week for Spamalot, he would spend his "free" time in a recording studio so he could release the album in May?

I have always suspected he has done very peliminary work on the album - like maybe haven chosen a few songs - but none of the recording. And it just seems highly unlikley to me he will do any real recording during his Spamalot run. I mean, when would he have time? He has to sleep until 2pm after all! :cryingwlaughter:

But he does have Mondays off!

Kim

Nope. Sorry. Mondays are our dates to explore the Kama Sutra.

:cryingwlaughter: So how many Mondays will that take...will you be done by May so he can work on the CD?

Kim

To Lurkers who misrepresent us at other boards - GET A LIFE. I'd rather you just post a link and let people see for themselves. I will continue to say whatever I think and whatever I want to say. Now, if you want to take over paying the bills then we can talk. And for anybody that takes what anyone says at face value anymore... HELLO, pull your head out of your ass and start thinking for yourself. That is all.

Gee, Couchie, why don't you tell us how you really feel? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

What brought all this on? Is someone bad-mouthing our board?

A big :finger: to them! (I've been waiting for months to use that emoticon!)

You know? I have been labeled a bully, piled on by the poddies, hated, scoffed at, photoshopped using a razorback pig, called an Electric Artist working for RCA, and well you name it.

Wow, I can SO relate to this. It can be humiliating to know that some ignoramous bitch actually spent their valuable time making those childish photoshopped pictures designed purely to degrade another fan. A very dear friend of mine had her face photoshopped onto a cartoon character and, I believe, put up in the banner of one of the private boards. I was so angry on her behalf. Probably bothered me more than her. :cryingwlaughter: But yeah, there comes a point where you just have to learn to turn a blind eye and ignore ignore ignore and laugh laugh laugh. Time spent hating is a 'waste of my time' [tm Hott Singer Stud ]

ETA: My condolences to anyone whose child has a permit and learning to drive. The only time I ever struck my son in anger was during a driving lesson. After he ran the umpteenth stop sign. "It's a law, fergodssake, not a suggestion!" I actually only took him that once before telling my DH that it was going to be up to him to teach the kids to drive. I taught them to ride bicycles, so my work was done.

"God help us with the dancing part."

BWAH! And possible thread title?

And, Lissa, it sounds like he'll work on the new album primarily after the show is wrapped up in May.

Pretty much as I suspected.

Clay does not experience stage fright but he did remember for me that the last time he had it was the first week he was on American Idol. As for what other musical or play he might like to do someday, there seems to be no question - Huck Finn in Big River. He recalls seeing that musical in Raleigh when he was very young and realizing "Oh wow. These people are making a living singing. It seemed more attainable." The cool part of that story is, the young actor playing Huck that day that Clay saw it, was Martin Moran. And it is Moran, currently playing Sir Robin in Spamalot, who Clay will replace.

That really is the cool part of the story.

I asked about writing a sequel to his book Learning to Sing, and at first he laughed about it being called Learn to Shut Up.

I love that Clay -- he's such a funny guy.

But at the same time, people will read something he's said in interviews, and said "nah, he doesn't mean that, he was forced to say that. I'll go with the twinkle in his eye."

The key is -- interpretive skills, as well as who is reading what he says, with their own personal filters. When filters don't mesh.... At least I understand my own filters, I think.

All I know is that my head keeps spinning. I feel like Regan from the Exorcist.

ETA: And you know what? So what if he DOESN'T work on it til after Spamalot? He's working on his CAREER. In HIS time. The CD will come out when it's ready. BAH!

I totally agree with this. Amen.

muski, give you daughter a "high five" from me!

: :dancemexicannana:Thank you so much for the lovely happy birthday wishes!!!!!

So far I am having a great birthday.

Right now my dh and I are relaxing in a king sized suite in a hotel in Winnipeg. Later on we are meeting

the boys for dinner in a yet to be disclosed location.

I'd just as soon have pizza in this lovely suite and soak in the jacuzzi. And this place has an in room

computer and free internet. Fifty isn't too bad so far.

:2: Too bad I have to be at the airport at 6 am tomorrow morning. But I'll do it for Clay! :cryingwlaughter:

hero_79.gif

The only thing that looks familiar is dah sword.

And that was a very purty Clay picture to dream on too.

, I think "CLAY IS NOT YOUR GODDAM FRIEND, YOU STUPID BITCH" would be a lovely title.

I think folds are interesting.

I swear I will leave for the airport two hours early this time. Pinky swear.

I'll be waiting with hot toddies.....hurry up!

I'll be waiting with hot toddies.....hurry up!

OK, on to happier things. I had to take notes people! I hope I get everything and everyone!

Perma, I'm so sorry to hear about your health problems, and I'm really sad that I won't get to see you in Merrillville! I'm sending prayers your way.

zena -- happy birthday my friend! My wish for you is to have a fantastic time at your Minneapolis shows. OTOH, I pray for you, meeting the eHP for the first time. It's a life altering experience.

Scarlett, thank you for OHN from last night.

Permaswooned, I was hoping to see you again in Minneapolis but I'm hoping we'll have another opportunity to do that. In the meantime, mend well, and enjoy the holidays. All the best to you!!!!

Bwah, 'ldyjocelyn' , I have met the eHP, and by their hand received my royal sword. I am their loyal liege though I live in an alien country and have sworn miniondom to them. I have been enabled by Kareneh, dubbed by K'Andre, toasted by merrieeee, and witnessed Scarlett's virgin busline. And yes, I do believe I have been "altered".

:cry4: I didn't have time to download Scarlett's OHN.

:clap:

:worthy: I bow to the emoticon/gif queens on this board. I love them.

No M & G emails for me either.

See you in Minneapolis...... :xmaskick: :xmaskick: :xmaskick: :xmaskick: :xmaskick

Kim

:cryingwlaughter: So how many Mondays will that take...will you be done by May so he can work on the CD?

Kim

Well, considering I'll be writing a new chapter after each one gets....accomplished :hubbahubba: ....that CD might be quite delayed. (but please don't tell anybody that....it'll be our sooperseekrit :unsure::ninja: :thumbup: )

Kim

Kim

Well, considering I'll be writing a new chapter after each one gets....accomplished :hubbahubba: ....that CD might be quite delayed. (but please don't tell anybody that....it'll be our sooperseekrit :unsure::ninja: :thumbup: )

My lips are sealed!

Kim

And, Lissa, it sounds like he'll work on the new album primarily after the show is wrapped up in May.

Honestly, all I see is the writer's conclusion as to when he'll work on the album, based on how busy he may be on Spamalot. Doesn't seem like a direct quote to me.

Clay will be in NY. There are a lot of recording studios in NY. Yes, he'll be working on Spamalot, but he's said more than once that it doesn't really take that much time to do the actual recording. If he wants to, I do believe that he can fit it in.

I'm not saying that there must be an album out in the first half of the year. I'm just saying that it's not impossible, if he's really committed to an early release. Which he may not be. I'm fine either way.

:ruserious:

Would you believe I just checked my email, and there was an email from Clayonline. :yess:

They wanted to know if I wanted a fleecy blanket..... :nono2: Ummmmmm....not nice, not good form at all Clique.

:bye6:

HA! I was just coming here to warn people about this. :cryingwlaughter:

Y'all know that it takes an awful lot for me to critcize anything Clay - but Clique? and specifically the people in charge of running his fanclub? SUCK DONKEYBALLS.

Up until yesterday, I had 7 posts on OFC - all to do with the wallpaper contest. I now have 22. All over the total incompetence and disregard for members that they've shown once again. And now they have the hubris to send out reminders to buy the one single fucking product they can see fit to produce in over a year (and don't even have in STOCK?!!?!?!??). And send out the email in conjunction with the meet and greets they couldn't figure out how to send on time???? BITE ME!!