#22: Which brings us to Clay Aiken, as most good conversations should

ldyjocelyn

Thread title poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next poll title???

• Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!
    • Brown hair and red hair and blonde hair, OH MY!
    • Is He Harboring Weapons of Mass Seduction?
    • "God help us with the dancing part."
    • I love the new hair, and the hair from last week, and the hair from next week.
    • I can pretend he's the little Shetland pony I wanted to play with as a child.
    • He is a man of many parts and all of them can park on my couch anytime!!!
    • When I pushed the Clay button, his voice pushed all of mine.

Oh Holy Night is almost unholy in its beauty. Last night after it downloaded I watched it with no sound.

Oh holy hands. (especially at one point when he lightly,slowly strokes the mic stand near the he.. er, top part with one fingertip...then at another point when he lovingly wraps just one finger around it)

Oh unholy thoughts.

:Thud:

From GoErie.com

Crowd braves winds to hear Aiken

It would have taken more than a winter storm to keep Sharon Seigworth from surprising her daughters with seats at "American Idol" star Clay Aiken's Tullio Arena concert Sunday night.

Though wind and snow whipped though the city, Seigworth and about 1,700 stubborn concertgoers huddled into the arena by the time the pop star bounced up to the microphone at 7:45 p.m.

"The roads were a little slick," said Seigworth, who drove to the arena from her home on the east side of Erie. "It wasn't too bad."

I'm glad to hear that there were 1700 people there. There were quite a few more of us there in spirit.

OK I went back 6 or 7 pages to fill in some of the blanks about what happened in the last couple of days in this fandom. There are some really great posts, but I won't quote all of them.

I knew that mods got info from someone when I got the same exact wording from two mods on two different boards. They knew stuff I didn't know and I should not be so questioning and just accept it. DUH - I am waiting for an apology from those mods that will never ever come.

I was edited and threatened with suspension and inundated with PMs from "insiders" trying to tell me shit I didn't care about (because it was whacked and I knew it couldn't be true). I was made to feel like a traitor and I was made to feel unwelcome. I couldn't post anything without someone who thought they knew better than me trying to correct me or contradict me. I will never, ever be able to forgive some people for the way they acted and treated others. I, too, am waiting for an apology that I know will never come. These people did irreparable damage to the fandom, IMO. I am so thankful to couchie and ansa who allowed me to bitch and vent and gave me a place to call home. Also my fan buddies, especially cindilu2, who talked me off the ledge and kept me sane a number of times. I would have left the online fandom without them. Never Clay, though. I'm a fan of his for life. He is a class act, and that is something I have never doubted.

I think I hear the sound of pods popping........

Hee, me too. Sounds good.

Yeah, I think that is an apology that will never happen. Luckiest1 thanks for saying what I have been feeling...having a really hard time feeling all warm and fuzzy about certain people right now and I really hate having that feeling. Helps to come here and see that I am not alone.

Kim

I may have spoken too soon about HD leaving the fandom. It was posted about her being removed as and admin and someone leaving the fandom in the same sentence and I assumed it was her. I could be wrong about that. Sorry for jumping the gun.

DM posted late last night that HD is still a fan.

I'm guessing she won't be posting on any board in the near future.

First and foremost... have fun bottle and laughn! Be safe!!

:party038:

And happy birthday to zena!!

:partytime::partygirl::Pogo0:

Yeah, I think HD is still a fan, but um, perhaps with a figment of her imagination... or someone else's. Or something.

Soooooooooooo remember when some chick joined FCA to say that she heard Clay's girlfriend was looking for a house somewhere or another... and we had a whole bunch of visitors that day. And then I came home and deleted her post. The next day someone else joined just to PM me to tell me she was the one that saw the girlfriend and blah blah blah did I want her to explain to the board and blah blah blah. I said no thanks. I got this lol.

Wonder if our gullibility levels were being checked out. Might have been something totally different though. Just a little something I just remembered.

No, I think we were tested and found "wanting".

Not "wanting" to be stupid!

bwah

Yeah I hadn't heard any of these apparant rumors so to me this was just some isolated thing. I don't think a person here even entertained the idea that there was any truth going on.

birthday_22.gifZena

HappyBirthday001.jpg

The woman posting about the apartment - I think she was a long time poster at some boards - she posted it at CB and RHT as well. No one believed her and she was mocked right out of CB - the posts got really funny before the thread was shut down. They really do have some people who know how to change the direction of a thread into hysterically funny.

HD leaving the fandom - hmmm - reminds me of when she stopped posting at CV and some magical mod approved person showed up at CB and went for 0 to 1000 posts in a week and could not be questioned - what is where I was edited from asking about a source to being called on attacking a poster. Well, that person disappeared in dec 2006 and went to Agape's board, don't know if she is still there. I know posters come and go, but I really felt like this person was a key to the angst in the fandom. I can ask the mods if it was HD, but I doubt I will get an answer or if it is even possible for them to tell me because of privacy issues.

Bad news, I can not mail stuff today, it is too late to go to the post office this time of day and I slipped outside on my ice covered walk, it is so bad, the mailman walked around my house, I need to dig out NOW.

Holly is happy outside, she cornered a squirrle on the small tree she can reach and is not asking to be let in, let out, let in, let out.....

Yeah, selective memory is an interesting thing, isn't it?

"Apartment girl" was easily dismissed because she was clearly an amateur at the game. She was a first-time poster who opened with a silly, absurd claim. However, I'll bet that if she had started cultivating PM relationships with influential posters, gradually leaking tantalizing tidbits over a period of weeks, and playing into the aspirations and sensitivities of those contacted, she might have had the same result as babymamma.

I think that what gave these "fake Clays" and "fake insiders" currency was not just the fans desire to have "special, privileged" information. These scammers preyed on fan fears and insecurities. I believe there were some fans who were so afraid that Clay might be gay, that they eagerly embraced any scenario in which he was not--such as the existence of a girlfriend and a child. They could take claims of drug use or parental neglect, because they had that relationship to cling to. Similarly, I think the RCA stories of Clay as the unhappy, abused artist, fell neatly into fans' emotional need for a villain. People would rather believe that Clay was the victim of a malicious plot to sabotage and destroy him, than to believe that the label simply made some poor business decisions.

The sad thing is that many of those deceived are smart women. However, there are those elements within many of these lies that can be emotionally appealing to many. I suspect that as long as these fears and insecurities exist, there will be people who fall prey.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZENA!

I've been "in and out" for the past 24 hours here at FCA. My husband and I had tickets to a Christmas concert yesterday, followed by dinner out, followed by an episode of Heroes from season 1 (we missed it last year, so we're in "catch-up" mode now, thanks to Netflix). This morning was all work for me -- most of the performance appraisals are done for the year though! WOOHOO!! Having said that, though, I've been reading a LOT the past 24 hours, and not just here either.

I guess I'll get the major topic of discussion out of the way first....

Definitely fold.

*waves at muski*

Seriously...this whole weekend has been one big mindfuck to me. It's amazing to me how much shit can come down just from a simply M&G confrontation. Hee. I think it's also amazing that, in retrospect, how many pieces of the puzzle from this past year have fallen into place. The certainty of sources. The frustration many of us felt when we wanted origins of said sources. The anger that was felt when it was said/forced "just trust us." Anyway, it's over, it's done....but it's also part of "our" history now, and owning up to it is going to be very hard.

When I think of the people named in this whole drama, the phrase that keeps popping into my head is "absolute power corrupts absolutely." As merrieee hinted, knowing things that others don't is a powerful drug. It just makes me really sad that some people have such a need for a connection to a celebrity, no matter the cost to their families, or even themselves. I've read somewhere these past days that one of the people was a "shell of their former selves." I think that is so very apt.

OK, on to happier things. I had to take notes people! I hope I get everything and everyone!

Perma, I'm so sorry to hear about your health problems, and I'm really sad that I won't get to see you in Merrillville! I'm sending prayers your way.

zena -- happy birthday my friend! My wish for you is to have a fantastic time at your Minneapolis shows. OTOH, I pray for you, meeting the eHP for the first time. It's a life altering experience.

laughn and bottle -- I know it's probably too late, but I hope your travels today are safe; blow a kiss to boyfriend for me, 'K? Similarly, luckiest1 and cindilu2, I hope you've gotten over the suckage that was yesterday regarding your missed show; I look forward to seeing you in Indiana!

Caro, your grandson is adorable! My librarian heart was glad to see him reading already.

{{{{{{{{{merrieeee}}}}}}, just 'cause.

wandacleo, you are the Ogden Nash of this board. Thanks.

RIP Dan Fogelberg. He was born in our area ("Leader of the Band" is about a local high school here), so this is all over our news today. I was fortunate to see him several years ago. He will be missed.

I'm glad the Williamsport attendees had a great time, and at least a few of you were able to meet up. keldanker, that was sweet of your hubby. CG, thanks for the "glasses scoop." Maybe I should recommend my eye doctor to him? Also, thanks CG, cha cha trusty and kareneh for the beautiful pictures.

Scarlett, thank you for OHN from last night. Amazing performance from the man, and I never though "ooooo's" could be sexy until now. (Well, OK, I could, but nevermind....) The hair cracked me up.

WHEW! I think that's it! Have a great day, ya'll!

laughn and I are safely checked into our hotel in Cleveland, just down the block from the venue. Off to eat and do some scouting around.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

YAY....so happy you guys got there safely...have a great time!!!

I think that what gave these "fake Clays" and "fake insiders" currency was not just the fans desire to have "special, privileged" information. These scammers preyed on fan fears and insecurities. I believe there were some fans who were so afraid that Clay might be gay, that they eagerly embraced any scenario in which he was not--such as the existence of a girlfriend and a child. They could take claims of drug use or parental neglect, because they had that relationship to cling to. Similarly, I think the RCA stories of Clay as the unhappy, abused artist, fell neatly into fans' emotional need for a villain. People would rather believe that Clay was the victim of a malicious plot to sabotage and destroy him, than to believe that the label simply made some poor business decisions

WORD....as usual, JennaZ

Thank goodness younmadethe trip safely and are inside winter_49.gif

No, ldyjocelyn, it is not over, it will never be over until people accept their own role in this game and all I am seeing is spin and denial and blaming a few, many times the wrong people. If you fall for a scam, you deserve part of the blame and should own up, not suddenly say you never believed it. That is why I would love to see an admission by some of about the miracle poster who went from 0 to 1000 posts. I am damn sure she is involved. or maybe an admission about the back channel mod info that got me the same oddly worded statment from two different mods at two different boards, both who are still modding those boards.

As long as some people are still making excuses, the fraud can continue.

Ok, maybe I am pissy, - I am sure K'Andre would describe me that way.

Oh dear, this could be interesting....hopefully they've got a good question screener.

USA Weekend: Clay Aiken Chat Coming Up!

December 17, 2007

Clay Aiken chat coming up

This morning I've been mulling over questions for American Idol's most famous runner-up, Clay Aiken. He is getting ready to make his Broadway debut in the popular musical Spamalot. If you have questions you'd like me to ask, post them below. Clay will play Sir Robin, the role originated by David Hyde Pierce, beginning on Jan. 18.

play, I think I need to clarify a little my "over and done" statement. Upon reflection, it's over and done FOR ME. Frankly, as upsetting as it was when I wanted sources and such, I PERSONALLY couldn't really care less anymore.

Except for watching like watching a trainwreck, which is fascinating...

Damn, that didn't make sense. I hope you know what I mean.

I know what you mean LdyJ. It's all so salicious and disturbing. But now I'm taking off tonight to see my boyfriend and I want to just move on. I hope the right lessons are being learned.

Play :F_05BL17blowkiss: to you. I know what you are saying and I'm sorry if you aren't getting any satisfaction.

To Lurkers who misrepresent us at other boards - GET A LIFE. I'd rather you just post a link and let people see for themselves. I will continue to say whatever I think and whatever I want to say. Now, if you want to take over paying the bills then we can talk. And for anybody that takes what anyone says at face value anymore... HELLO, pull your head out of your ass and start thinking for yourself. That is all.

ETA: and when I say boyfriend I don't mean I have a real relationship with him. Just in case..heee.

Looks like the OFC finally decided to hit 'send' on the last batch of emails. How much chance is there that anyone in Cleveland will find out in time?

EEEEPS! This Cleveland concertgoer and M&G hopeful is online and checking.... Nope, no e-mail for me. :cry4:

Anybody wanna give me a car to make up for my disappointment? :whistling-1:

I'm sitting here on my third pony glass of Chateau Pomari Pomegranate Liqueur....Very good stuff. I highly recommend it for sipping. Trying to catch up. My God it takes hours, anymore. I guess that is because FCA is the best board out there. Full of smart women. Wish I had found it earlier in my fandom. I see there is new drama going on in Clayland. I have not been to any other boards except for here. I've been having an early Christmas this weekend and only got to read a few pages before work. Home now and just got caught up.

I'm a little lost and if someone would be so kind to PM me with a list of the outed people and a background on the m&g that started it all I would surely appreciate it. Pretty please. As I understand it, HockeyDonna has had her mod priviledges taken away. Is she supposed to be the source of all the rumors that prompted all the RCA, Clive Davis, & Roger Widynowski hate that drove members from Clay's OFC? Is she supposed to be the fake Clay who impregnated the girl, or just an idiot who believed the fake Clay? Do we know who fake Clay is? I know that Faye knew about Jennifer pretending to be a friend of Clay's, and posting on another board, for the past year or so. So Clay has known about about the preggers girl for some time. He doesn't need his fans investigating on his behalf.

I remember about a year ago I made a post to HD on OFC. I doubt anyone remembers reading it, since supposedly I am on a lot of people's ignore list, :cryingwlaughter: but I pretty much called her a liar. She posted some bullshit logic about Clay's career. I replied to her that I have been following her posts for several years now, and that she has not been right one damn time. I told her that I know she is not used to being challenged but I thought she was full of bullshit. Reading some damn book does not a an expert make her. (Thanks kAndre for your post about this. It cmsu.)Of course I got Blue inked and edited all to hell. Because God forbid you should challenge one of the fandoms self appointed experts. She's not the only "expert" I have challenged. Far too many marketing experts in this fandom too. FAMEWHORING!! That's what has been wrong with this fandom since I joined in the beginning. Too many gullible fans. Who I have to assume have low self esteem. Fans who need to feel a part of the popular crowd, and are eager to be minions. kAndre is the only fan who should command minions and get away with it. LOL What was it that Clay said to a m&g'er? If he had children he would want them to grow up to be free thinkers?

You know? I have been labeled a bully, piled on by the poddies, hated, scoffed at, photoshopped using a razorback pig, called an Electric Artist working for RCA, and well you name it. My posting style, of stating what everyone else wants to say but doesn't, has come under fire. People high five me in Pms and then ignore me on the boards.The only thing wrong with me, IMHO, is I have common sense and some people just don't want to hear it. They don't like my straightforward no bullshit style of saying things. We are what we are, and that is me. I am also one of the most misread and misunderstood fans in the fandom. I was never included in any backchannel rumors or gossip. I still ain't. But I don't think one has to be in the loop to get a grasp of what is going on, and to decipher bullshit from reality. Do you?

I don't know about lightmyfire, keepingfaith, or LovesClaysVoice, but somehow I feel vindicated for trying to put a stop to the album thread, at OFC. Along with it's million little wanna be baby album threads. Trashing ATDW on his OFC was way over the line of free speech. The total damage it has caused his fanclub is immeasurable. I place blame for all the harm that is caused to Clay on the self imposed "leaders" in the fandom for their interference in his career. I blame the self appointed fan police investigators, trying to stifle free speech and make the fandom a borg of stepford Clayfans. The homophobic fans who are so afraid that Clay might be gay that they have to try to stifle any fan who might think that. Who take it upon themselves to police the entire internet on Clay's behalf. 'Cause God forbid if Clay really was, they could no longer follow him. I blame all the bloggers and fans who keep antagonizing and engaging the Ruben fans, the Kelly fans, John Paulus and Perez Hilton, on Clay's behalf. Until Clay calls them all out just like he did the preggers girl, he will still have to put up with their bullshit. The damage and embarrassment some of them have caused Clay, makes me want to punch their lights out. Stupid idiots. I hope Clay outs them all.

I feel absolutely no sympathy for those duped. What goes around comes around.

Playbiller, did you include one of the Spamalot pamphlets from the concert in with my Newspaper? If not no big deal. I have been absent and missed your post about it way way back. Thanks for doing this for me.

IT IS NOT A FOLD PEOPLE. THAT'S WHAT I'M GOING TO BELIEVE ANYWAY!!! :hubbahubba:

ETA: Make that 5 glasses of liqueur now. I feel good da da da da da da. I feel good, so good, cause I got FCA !!!!! Hee Hee :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Pbbbt! I have a real relationship with my boyfriend.

It's delightfully one-sided, but we both prefer it that way.

That way, his unreasonable jealousy doesn't interfere with my unfaithful ways!