#22: Which brings us to Clay Aiken, as most good conversations should

ldyjocelyn

Thread title poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next poll title???

• Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!
    • Brown hair and red hair and blonde hair, OH MY!
    • Is He Harboring Weapons of Mass Seduction?
    • "God help us with the dancing part."
    • I love the new hair, and the hair from last week, and the hair from next week.
    • I can pretend he's the little Shetland pony I wanted to play with as a child.
    • He is a man of many parts and all of them can park on my couch anytime!!!
    • When I pushed the Clay button, his voice pushed all of mine.

clayzorback.... well said! I remember that album thread. I could not believe how negative it was. There was one poster that, no matter what anyone said, she would post this long-ass post refuting every point by point by point. I learned how to scroll really well in that thread. I was VERY happy when they pulled it!

I have NEVER understood the policy over there that you cannot criticize any poster for any reason, but you can criticize Clay to your heart's content! Geesh! I stay a member for the blogs and that's it!!!! Idjits!!!

...... This has been an annoyance of mine. It is a TWOP holdover that anyone's opinion is as good as anyone else's. which might have been fine, until there were celebrity posters. But TWOP can be ugly and pointless or funny, depending what thread you are in. I like the off threads of other reality competitions like "I luv New York" thread where people are investigating the contestants as if this show was for real or something. It was funny when someone who claimed to date "It" posted. Oh, and solitary has Number 9 from season 1 posting all sorts of behind the scenes stuff. I have said it before, Snark used to be aimed at us, and now it is really meanness toward Clay.

Well, I am short of spamalot flyers, but am including the ice skating program and some other Clay stuff to the people who don't get Spamalot flyer.

Couchie, you picked a good time to skadoodle out of the Bay Area--it's rainy and windy and yucky 'round these hyere parts! Not really cold, though, so that's cool. Hmmm....flirting on the phone with a stranger at 7 am in a strange city?

Not our innocent Couch Tomato!!!!! :9:

I have to say that although I've never been one to PREFER Clay's look in glasses over the absolutely lethal unobstructed view of his moss/emerald/kelly green/brown/hazel/grey eyes sans glasses, I think he's looking mightyfine, mightyfine these days. :hubbahubba: I actually don't find this particular style of frames obtrusive...and his hair is sooooo thick and fluffy and just BEGGING me to nuzzle it and sift it and :Thud:...and the angles and planes of his face show again and that amazingly elegant nose and those...

:unsure: (muski looks around with some trepidation, hoping merrieee is nowhere near)

...cheekbones! He's lost the puffiness (which I can only assume was a side effect of the Paxil, but I have no idea. The weight gain did appear to be that KIND of weight gain, though, didn't it? Face and tummy? :asking02: ) and the beauty of his bone structure---the facial ones---shines through, glasses or not. Damn...he's truly gorgeous. :hubbahubba:

Excuse me while I take a moment.

Home from the Cleveland concert, which makes me a tiny bit sad, but mostly leaves with with a post (Genuine) Clay-glow.

:nanaonacid: I see y'all are still discussing the acid-trip light show. At least we'll be able to look at the pictures and immediately know "That's from the Cleveland show!"

laughn - two things: (1) I have all those little room service condiment bottles lined up on my counter, and will be giggling for a long time over how freakin' cute they are. (2) A snowplow just went down my street, so the rollercoaster is probably smoothed out a bit. :F_05BL17blowkiss: to you!

Couchie and company and all the other concertgoers in the frozen tundra - Have fun and stay warm! If you see Faye and her buddies at the Mall of America, tell I said "Hey", but don't tell her about how I'm carrying Clay's baby, 'kay? :imgtongue:

He looks like he's been rode hard and put up wet in that picture.

Good GAWD!!! :hubbahubba:

Why, thank you, jj! I DID do a good job on him that time, if I DO say so myself....rode HARD?---there's no other way with Mr. Endowment....and put up wet?

Hell....we both slid away!

:Thud:

He looks like he's been rode hard and put up wet in that picture.

Good GAWD!!! :hubbahubba:

Why, thank you, jj! I DID do a good job on him that time, if I DO say so myself....rode HARD?---there's no other way with Mr. Endowment....and put up wet?

Hell....we both slid away!

:Thud:

Brag, brag, brag.....

:cryingwlaughter:

So, who was it that wrote a song for Clay and since it wasn't used he was going to put it on his own album. Was that Steven Curtis Chapman or somebody else. Was that album ever released?

Well I'm up. Had a nice nap after a VERY nice FREE breakfast. The hotel FREE van leaves for the mall every hour on the hour. I'm loving this trip so far. Bottle if I see you baby's nana I'll say hey. heee

Muski sure is frisky today. Oh wait, she's frisky everyday. :cryingwlaughter:

Laughn so happy for you. Whoo hooo.

Welcome Underthespell.

So, who was it that wrote a song for Clay and since it wasn't used he was going to put it on his own album. Was that Steven Curtis Chapman or somebody else. Was that album ever released?

Wasn't it SCC who wrote a song about something Bret said?

I was wondering if it was him. His new album came out in October 2007 but haven't heard anyone mention whether or not the song made it.

I'm not 100% positive, but I think I remember reading on the Clayboard that the song didn't make his CD either.

Thanks for the banner comments. Lashes, lips and fingers!!! what's not to love? :Thud:

Welcome underthespell! (Oh....and uh.... :unsure: and don't listen to any of the OTHER members of this motley crew if they try to tell you I'm a smutter...I just have a robust appreciation of Clay's many wonderful natural endowments. :whistling-1: )

Don't believe her. She's a horny slut.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I'm in Minneapolis! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

And my overriding feeling so far is...damn I'm hot! :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Don't have time to post, but both y'all just made me laugh out loud this morning! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Couchie, have a great time at MOA! I lurves me some MOA. If you can find the old Twins home plate embedded in the tile floor, you have to stand on it and sing the Twins anthem (whatever it is) out loud. Then you have to kiss homeplate. JaMar did. I have it on video. I wish I could figure out how to get it out of my camera and onto the computer - it's great!

Welcome, underthespell. I recognize your name (but can't remember exactly why.) Getting senile sucks. I hope you have fun here.

Sorry to "drop and run," but I don't have time at the moment to load some of these beauties into my own photobucket....

Tangerinee's CITH Morristown album

Lordy. In my next life I want to be his microphone. <<You know how some people say they'd pay to hear him sing the phone book? I'd pay the price of admission just to be able to touch that hair. GAHHHH.

Bet his shoelaces are double-knotted right here.:Thud:

ldyj... thanks. This is my favorite of the bunch...

233403171-L.jpg

I wonder if Mr. Aiken will make a funny story about his hair sticking out in the future. I can hear him now! :cryingwlaughter:

laughn... loved your recap! I felt I was there with you!

cindilu... great minds run in the same circles... LOL I bet that one is a lot of people's favorite... it is seriously sexy!

Ok Zena and I have connected by phone. She almost gave some strangers some sort of weird surprise... that she has planned for us FCAers. Not sure what it is yet. I think we had a bad phone connection because I kept saying... I'm at the _____ _______ hotel. And she was saying she was in the business center and she'll be right up. After about 10 minutes I called her again and LOL but she's at a totally different hotel. But she had gone tramping up to "my" hotel room. heee. Oh well...as soon as I can search through my PMs (my box if full again...how does that happen?) to see where we are going tomorrow - a hotel closer to the theater. Solo has done everything and all I printed out was my two plane tickets and the first hotel cuz I got in first.

Went to the mall. ..... AND.... it's just a mall. All that anticipation and ... it's just a mall. I left after two hours. I don't like malls ....and this one is just bigger and noiser. So I'm done with the MOA. heee. I even ate at Panda..where I eat at least once a week at home. But for some reason I allowed myself to be pulled into some sort of market research survey... got my two dollars and I sang the praises of crystal light...lucky them, it's my favorite drink..but no I don't feel cool cuz I'm holding a Crystal light bwah.

OK off to search emails and PMs to see where I'm staying tomorrow night.

Yeah, couchie...a couple of years ago I did a site visit in Minneapolis and the CVB person took me around. We drove to the MOA and I, too, was surprised. I guess I just had a totally different 'vision' of what it would be....

Anyhoo...today after work I'm going to meet with someone from craigslist to buy a used iPod. I'm going cheap--$40 for a mini for Carrie. She's only had a shuffle and wants (of course) one of the new video nanos :cryingwlaughter: That CMSU! That she'd even DARE to suggest such a request after the kind of year we've had with her. However, she HAS been much improved since we clamped down on her privileges so we figured we'd test her newly developed sense of responsibility with something that won't set us back too much if she loses it pronto. :rolleyes: Then, if she loves the mini and STILL wants something fancy later, she can work to earn the $$$$ for it.

Oh Lord. MamaMuski got the word that her MamaMuskiDaddy (BWAH? :blink: ) can't spend the day with us at our house Christmas because he'll be spending the holidays in So. Cal. with his 'family'. Now his daughter tells me that he'll be staying with his longtime companion, a very spry 90-year-old woman. My mom doesn't know THAT, but she told me that she CAN'T STAND the daughter. Meanwhile, the daughter told me that at times my mom has been rather 'short' with her when she's visited her dad. Trust me when I say that I can so very easily believe that.

holyshit.

Who knew? Who knew that in my prime of life I'd be caught refereeing a geriatric love triangle involving my own mother? :onFire::Ahh: :fssign:

Who knew? Who knew that in my prime of life I'd be caught refereeing a geriatric love triangle involving my own mother? :onFire::Ahh: :fssign:

BWAH!!! Well, I guess we can say that you come by your appreciation of masculine - er - endowments - honestly! :cryingwlaughter:

Cool, CG! One month from today! :clap:

I'm hoping that the Clay nation won't tear itself apart during Spamalot. Things are kinda okay right now, 'cuz we have new clack all of the time, and people are still talking about FC and all that mess. Once the clack slows down and the FC mess is no longer new, people will start talking about the new album. New and dire prognostications will be made, and people will be upset if they don't think Clay is recording fast enough. And, of course, anything RCA does won't be right. Sigh. I might just hang out here so I don't have to hear it all.

Meanwhile, my next Clay concert is in a few days! Woohooooo!!! :needclay::xmaskick: :xmas07a: