#22: Which brings us to Clay Aiken, as most good conversations should

ldyjocelyn

Thread title poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next poll title???

• Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!
    • Brown hair and red hair and blonde hair, OH MY!
    • Is He Harboring Weapons of Mass Seduction?
    • "God help us with the dancing part."
    • I love the new hair, and the hair from last week, and the hair from next week.
    • I can pretend he's the little Shetland pony I wanted to play with as a child.
    • He is a man of many parts and all of them can park on my couch anytime!!!
    • When I pushed the Clay button, his voice pushed all of mine.

Underthespell

Welcome!!!! It's good to see a familiar name joining this motley group of funseekers!

"MOTLEY!?!??!?"

I beg your pardon? I resemble that description! :imgtongue::cryingwlaughter:

Welcome underthespell! (Oh....and uh.... :unsure: and don't listen to any of the OTHER members of this motley crew if they try to tell you I'm a smutter...I just have a robust appreciation of Clay's many wonderful natural endowments. :whistling-1: )

Welcome underthespell! (Oh....and uh.... :unsure: and don't listen to any of the OTHER members of this motley crew if they try to tell you I'm a smutter...I just have a robust appreciation of Clay's many wonderful natural endowments. :whistling-1: )

Don't believe her. She's a horny slut.

I put some comments from laughn, along with her story in the concert thread. She hates trying to post on my laptop!

ETA: I felt compelled to buy another scarf tonight, because Clay doesn't have enough of my money yet. :cryingwlaughter: I thought it looked light gray at the venue, but it's actually a very pale green. "Tarragon", per the label.

I'm getting into the Minneapolis airport around 9:30 am way before the MinnClayfans start their taxi runs, so I will be taking the shuttle. It sound like the weather will be relatively mind.

In spite of the fact that Clique did not get my memo that it was my birthday and a Meet and Greet would be nice :cryingwlaughter: , it has been an amazing day.

For some unknown reason Clay Aiken started singing O Holy Night from my stereo at 2 am this morning at full volume. No one pushed any buttons, but some things are better left unexplained.

The other bizarre event was that my husband and boys, whom I threatened with death by the sword scared me silly with a surprise birthday party. You won't believe where they had it! Yep, in the dining room of the senior's home where my in-laws live. I know the waiting list for these retirement homes is long, but I told my dh this was going a bit too far. What a laugh!!! There were around fifty of some very special people in my life there and I was overwhelmed. Chris, my tenor opera son had put together a group to sing for us, and finally he sang Clay's song Welcome to the World for me. The tears were flowing.

I guess I can do without meeting Clay this time around! I feel very blessed.

Good night all!

eta: HURRAH for laughn!!!!!

Don't believe her. She's a horny slut.

Gosh, I thought by endowments she was being philanthropic not phallanthropic.

Well, no. I didn't really...

:7252:

Sounds like you had an amazing birthday, and you deserved a big party with 50 of your nearest and dearest there. I hope you see this, zena before you jet off to Minneapolis! Have a great time at your concerts. I can't think of a better way to celebrate being fifty than being thirteen, I wish I was going to be there, but I can't complain too much. Tomorrow I get to see my kiddlings for the first time in three months. I can hardly wait. John just called and he is on his way to the airport in Baku and by Wednesday we'll all be together again for Christmas.

Welcome underthespell! Glad you could join us.

Time for a lullaby.....or what have you.

233632931-M.jpg

BWAH!!! I laughed till I had tears over this... I just finished teaching my 16 yr old DGS to drive and the first couple of time, he ran a stop sign AND a red light. Luckily, we were practice driving in an industrial area at night, so no other traffic. I am still laughing at your "It's a law, fergodssake, not a suggestion!" ! He got his license a couple of weeks ago and so far so good! He's ADD, so that just made it more fun and challenging. My hair is whiter and I'm on meds, but we made it! LOL

BWAH, now I know who to come to when I finally get up the nerve to let my 16 yo ADHD son get his learner's permit. Even the mere thought of it gives me heart palpitations (and not the good kind). Yesterday I applied for family roadside assistance coverage at work, and it said that all children 16 - 21 were eligible for a card, so I put his name down. Yikes!

I love the board this morning, so full of fun, so full of joy. Happy Belated Birthday to those I've missed! Things have been busy, busy here lately and while I can keep up while I'm at work, once I get home I am being pulled in 18 directions at once.

Congrats to laughn for being chosen as a story reader last night! So, no FCAers won M&G's again this tour?

Warm welcome to underthespell. You'll like it here!

BANNER CHANGE!!!

Thanks to Cindilu2 for out beautiful banner!!!

anymore Christmas entries???

Zena...what a wonderful birthday and a special song from your son...you are so lucky!!! have fun on your trip...

Good Morning Everyone,

Love the new banner, thanks Cindilu2!

Welcome Underthespell, nice to have you here!

4 Days until Christmas in Merrillville!

7 Days until The Skating Special Airs!

20 Days until The BAF Golf Outing!

31 Days until Clay is on Broadway! :whoohoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I'm in Minneapolis! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

And my overriding feeling so far is...damn I'm hot! :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: These aren't my mama's cuddleduds. Between that and the fleece shirt and the coat...good lord. Ya'll know I have a little bit of personal padding anyway :cryingwlaughter:

So my flight arrived at 6am. I mosied down to baggage claim. Got my stuff. Went and sat down adn went NOW WHAT heee. I haven't even thought about this trip. I'm usually mapquested out the ..well you know. But thank goodness for SOLO..she is the best damn travel agent/coordinator evah. Bet she'd never run out of food at a party :cryingwlaughter: So I pull out her email to see where I was staying...called them up and asked..uh where are ya'll exactly heee. I flirted with the guy on the line..and I don't normally do that. I don't. And he sent the free shuttle right over to pick me up, gave me a complimentary breakfast buffet coupon and checked me in.. at 7 AM. The first thing I did when I got in the room was TURN OFF THE DAMN HEAT. Jesus. up sometime today just PM me and send me your number and I'll call you back.

So I did manage to get most of my Xmas shopping done but still want to go to this mall (and since I'll be here for a few days I don't have to do that today so if someone wants to do something else that is fine with me). But I did forget all manner of stuff like..hello my headphones for my ipod? Oooh I guess I can listen to Clay radio if I get the itch.

Off to catch up.

(and CG! He had some stubble---slight, mind you---but sexy, red stubble! :hubbahubba: )

Well, if he is going to insist on wearing glasses, the least he could do for ME is have stubble! ;)

I loved his look last Christmas! Stubble, long, flowing hair, NO GLASSES (well most of the time - and with that hair, even the glasses looked better!)

**This post brought to you by ShallowRUs**

YAY couchie has landed!! Have fun! And its not supposed to be cold inside! Only outside!

Off to get ready for work. Woo hoo! Only not....... <_<

zena, what a cool birthday surprise! And WOTW, sung by your son? *happy tears of joy*

kareneh, have safe travels to Baku, and stay in touch please!!!!! Send pictures!

YAY! couchie is in the great white north! Have fun shopping today!

Welcome underthespell! Love the name, I think it's something we've all experienced.

cindilu, your banner is gorgeous.

That lighting show from last night makes me wonder what it would be like to see a Clay Aiken show totally stoned. *g* :nanaonacid:

rohdy, that's cool! I'm going to send that on to a LOT of people!

Underthespell

Welcome!!!! It's good to see a familiar name joining this motley group of funseekers!

"MOTLEY!?!??!?"

I beg your pardon? I resemble that description! :imgtongue::cryingwlaughter:

muskifest, just between you and me, I appreciate Clay too. :hubbahubba:

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome ! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

karen eh, your pictures are a thing of beauty. :woman:

Couch Tomato, have a ball in Minneapolis . Enjoy !

Huh...all the current brouhaha is...interesting.

I generally stopped posting at some boards because a) the board atmosphere had become toxic - and I think backchannel shit had a lot to do with it; I think the cult of "important fans" had even more to do with it; and I think people claiming expertise in matters relating to Clay's career (no matter how much you think what you do is related, or if you were in the industry 20 years ago, you are NOT on Team Clay, and your conjecture is nothing but guessing to me) had the MOST to do with it. None of that seems to have changed.

I have very little, if any, sympathy for those who were "scammed". I find a HUGE difference in being thrilled that you know about an award Clay may be getting a few days before it happened and tracking down someone whom you thought might have a date with Clay or thinking that you are somehow so freaking special that Clay himself would post crap on your board or thinking that Clay would somehow bypass actual sex with dozens of hot, young, nameless people or hot, middle-aged, nameless people or hot, old nameless people (hell, they didn't even have to be hot, just reasonable attractive to a 29 year old) to have cybersex with psychotic fans; or thinking that Clay Aiken would want someone who learned everything they know about the music industry either from the internet or another fan or a 20-year old book to run his fuckin' career. But that's just me.

With a little editing, I think "CLAY IS NOT YOUR GODDAM FRIEND, YOU STUPID BITCH" would be a lovely title.

KAndre, your post is just so good and to the heart of this whole sordid tale. I loved the part highlighted. sums it up.

I'm sitting here on my third pony glass of Chateau Pomari Pomegranate Liqueur....Very good stuff. I highly recommend it for sipping. Trying to catch up. My God it takes hours, anymore. I guess that is because FCA is the best board out there. Full of smart women. Wish I had found it earlier in my fandom. I see there is new drama going on in Clayland. I have not been to any other boards except for here. I've been having an early Christmas this weekend and only got to read a few pages before work. Home now and just got caught up.

I'm a little lost and if someone would be so kind to PM me with a list of the outed people and a background on the m&g that started it all I would surely appreciate it. Pretty please. As I understand it, HockeyDonna has had her mod priviledges taken away. Is she supposed to be the source of all the rumors that prompted all the RCA, Clive Davis, & Roger Widynowski hate that drove members from Clay's OFC? Is she supposed to be the fake Clay who impregnated the girl, or just an idiot who believed the fake Clay? Do we know who fake Clay is? I know that Faye knew about Jennifer pretending to be a friend of Clay's, and posting on another board, for the past year or so. So Clay has known about about the preggers girl for some time. He doesn't need his fans investigating on his behalf.

I remember about a year ago I made a post to HD on OFC. I doubt anyone remembers reading it, since supposedly I am on a lot of people's ignore list, :cryingwlaughter: but I pretty much called her a liar. She posted some bullshit logic about Clay's career. I replied to her that I have been following her posts for several years now, and that she has not been right one damn time. I told her that I know she is not used to being challenged but I thought she was full of bullshit. Reading some damn book does not a an expert make her. (Thanks kAndre for your post about this. It cmsu.)Of course I got Blue inked and edited all to hell. Because God forbid you should challenge one of the fandoms self appointed experts. She's not the only "expert" I have challenged. Far too many marketing experts in this fandom too. FAMEWHORING!! That's what has been wrong with this fandom since I joined in the beginning. Too many gullible fans. Who I have to assume have low self esteem. Fans who need to feel a part of the popular crowd, and are eager to be minions. kAndre is the only fan who should command minions and get away with it. LOL What was it that Clay said to a m&g'er? If he had children he would want them to grow up to be free thinkers?

You know? I have been labeled a bully, piled on by the poddies, hated, scoffed at, photoshopped using a razorback pig, called an Electric Artist working for RCA, and well you name it. My posting style, of stating what everyone else wants to say but doesn't, has come under fire. People high five me in Pms and then ignore me on the boards.The only thing wrong with me, IMHO, is I have common sense and some people just don't want to hear it. They don't like my straightforward no bullshit style of saying things. We are what we are, and that is me. I am also one of the most misread and misunderstood fans in the fandom. I was never included in any backchannel rumors or gossip. I still ain't. But I don't think one has to be in the loop to get a grasp of what is going on, and to decipher bullshit from reality. Do you?

I don't know about lightmyfire, keepingfaith, or LovesClaysVoice, but somehow I feel vindicated for trying to put a stop to the album thread, at OFC. Along with it's million little wanna be baby album threads. Trashing ATDW on his OFC was way over the line of free speech. The total damage it has caused his fanclub is immeasurable. I place blame for all the harm that is caused to Clay on the self imposed "leaders" in the fandom for their interference in his career. I blame the self appointed fan police investigators, trying to stifle free speech and make the fandom a borg of stepford Clayfans. The homophobic fans who are so afraid that Clay might be gay that they have to try to stifle any fan who might think that. Who take it upon themselves to police the entire internet on Clay's behalf. 'Cause God forbid if Clay really was, they could no longer follow him. I blame all the bloggers and fans who keep antagonizing and engaging the Ruben fans, the Kelly fans, John Paulus and Perez Hilton, on Clay's behalf. Until Clay calls them all out just like he did the preggers girl, he will still have to put up with their bullshit. The damage and embarrassment some of them have caused Clay, makes me want to punch their lights out. Stupid idiots. I hope Clay outs them all.

I feel absolutely no sympathy for those duped. What goes around comes around.

Playbiller, did you include one of the Spamalot pamphlets from the concert in with my Newspaper? If not no big deal. I have been absent and missed your post about it way way back. Thanks for doing this for me.

IT IS NOT A FOLD PEOPLE. THAT'S WHAT I'M GOING TO BELIEVE ANYWAY!!! :hubbahubba:

ETA: Make that 5 glasses of liqueur now. I feel good da da da da da da. I feel good, so good, cause I got FCA !!!!! Hee Hee :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Clayzorback, great post. I highlighted the part about the damage done to Clay. I think this is the part that makes me so mad. To think that those people were "protected" by some boards... I could scream. What about Clay? ...This is his life and career and these people just think about themselves.

Thank you all for letting me vent a little. I am still reading backwards.

On another note, I can't wait for 2008, I think it is going to be a great year for Clay ! He looks mighty fine and his voice is just spectacular this Tour ! I love the guy, he is a good good man.

muski...

BWAH! That lighting! Let's spin some 33's!

Pink Floyd, anybody?

Emerson, Lake and Palmer?

YES?

Iron Butterfly?

BWAH!

BWAH!!! absolutely... but, but, those are Christmas balls.... I'm really surprised you didn't recognize them, being you are so tuned into balls!

rohdy... I LOVED that youtube. I, too, am sending it to a lot of people! Thanks!

Couchie... great landing, lady! May the rest of your trip go as funly (is too a word, cause I just made it up)!

clayzorback.... well said! I remember that album thread. I could not believe how negative it was. There was one poster that, no matter what anyone said, she would post this long-ass post refuting every point by point by point. I learned how to scroll really well in that thread. I was VERY happy when they pulled it!

I have NEVER understood the policy over there that you cannot criticize any poster for any reason, but you can criticize Clay to your heart's content! Geesh! I stay a member for the blogs and that's it!!!! Idjits!!!