#22: Which brings us to Clay Aiken, as most good conversations should

ldyjocelyn

Thread title poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next poll title???

• Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!
    • Brown hair and red hair and blonde hair, OH MY!
    • Is He Harboring Weapons of Mass Seduction?
    • "God help us with the dancing part."
    • I love the new hair, and the hair from last week, and the hair from next week.
    • I can pretend he's the little Shetland pony I wanted to play with as a child.
    • He is a man of many parts and all of them can park on my couch anytime!!!
    • When I pushed the Clay button, his voice pushed all of mine.

I just read that Dan Fogleberg passed away. Damn. 'Same Old Lang Syne' is one of my all-time favorite songs. It never comes up in my rotation that I don't have to press repeat.

RIP.

And (((((Angela and family)))))

Sorry, I mean to delete the "Exactly" after I edited. I think the scammers were ONE source, one contributing factor. That's really all I'm saying whether that's what you are saying or not. My brain is tired now so I'm dropping the subject.

Gotcha!

I wonder WHEN I'm gonna plan my Spamalot trip!!! I need a lottery win, demmit!!

I just read that Dan Fogleberg passed away. Damn. 'Same Old Lang Syne' is one of my all-time favorite songs. It never comes up in my rotation that I don't have to press repeat.

RIP.

And (((((Angela and family)))))

Wow! Was he known to be ill? I loved his voice!

Poor Angie. So did Clay say she'd made it safely to CA?

LOL, there is a concert thread. *g*

I couldn't make out exactly what he said about Angie and California. Dan Fogelberg had prostate cancer, and there doesn't seem to be an intermission tonight. Clay went right into OHN after WTOW. And now straight into HTHAS. HMMMM

{{{merrieeee}}}, {{{Permaswooned}}} and {{{Claygasm}}}

I just got back to my brother's house after dropping off Karma4Clay and DolcePienza. Thank you ladies for making the roadtrip so much fun.

For those of you wondering about Scarlett, she called me from Erie and said she had made it safely to the hotel. She's riding to Cleveland with someone who has actually used the stick with the bristly things so she should be okay for the rest of this trip.

Hugs to those who weren't able to make their concerts because of the weather.

luckiest and cindilu, I just read that you weren't able to make it to your concert tonight. I'm so sorry! I'd be a blubbering idiot. I'm crossing my fingers for Omaha on Friday.

I would build a fucking Great Wall of China between myself and fans .

I think he HAS!

I'm wondering if the banter-less, more formal concert, with no busline, no waves is just the beginning of Clay pulling back a little? Maybe he feels like he's been a little too familiar, a little too casual with the fans? I know we won't know anything until his next tour, but it won't surprise me to see him continue this more reserved format.

Look how many people have come crawling out of the woodwork to say that they were duped (by a Clay who had to be a duplicitous liar). Idiots.

I had to laugh when I read this, because I haven't heard or read of anyone admitting they were duped. In other words, I don't know nuthin'! I'm so far out of the loop, there may as well not even be a loop. :cryingwlaughter:

I prefer postho to prolific hee

So go to your home boards for the details. But I'm glad the name of one of the fandom's formerly prolific posters has been released. Frankly it explains a lot.

:( I'm currently homeless. This is my home board. :cry4:

I just spent about an hour talking to my son and telling him this sordid tale, to the limited extent I know it. When I finished, he said .... "So is this a Simon Cowell operation? He's the only one I can think of with a vested interest in souring Clay's career."

One thing that sticks in my craw is the number of "fans" who trashed ATDW at Amazon and iTunes and all over the internet because "Clay" didn't want the album to succeed so he wouldn't have to record another covers album. And if not trashed, then damned with faint praise -- purportedly on Clay's behalf. It's puking time. These people are being protected? For God's sake, WHY?????? Maintaining secrets won't clear the air, and unless it's cleaned up, no good will come. Shake-ups are in order.

I'm baaack!!!

Actually, I have been back for awhile, but I had no power when I got home! Grrrrrrrr.

First - YAY that Scarlett made it safely to Erie!!! She attempted to recruit me to go with her last night at the Bullfrog - even though I had driven 3 others to Williamsport who expected me to drive them home!

It was so wonderful seeing Scarlett and Solo and Karen Eh? and Karma4Clay again. And it was wonderful meeting cha cha! And FromClaygary, albeit very, very briefly in the packing lot as we were leaving the hotel. I just have a feeling there were others I am forgetting so if I am, it was wonderful meeting and/or seeing you again!

AND I HAVE A SCOOP!!!!!!!!

One of the readers is a friend and since she had read 3 times she has become quite friendly with Jamie so we convinced her to ask Jamie what was behind the glasses.

She did.

Here it is, the real hot scoop!!!

From a reliable source!!!

Ready???

The contacts were bothering Clay's eyes. He needs to get them refitted. He finally decided they weren't worth it. He will be getting a new set and he is not getting LASIK.

So there you have it.

It was a fun concert and a good time. So glad I was able to go. I really needed a good Clay time. As I was reading all that is going on, all the "secrets" revealed, all the gossip, I just sat here laughing!

What a strange fandom this is!

I guess I don't really care that much about the back channel stuff (although I do think much of it and those involved with it would make a fascinating sociological study). For me, its what's up front that counts (and I may have a picture of that later..... B) ). Being at that concert last night proved to me what really matters.

The man. The voice. The friendships. The fun.

That's what fuels my fandom.

The rest of it? Boggles the mind that some would let themselves get so taken in by stuff that doesn't really matter.

Ok, off to upload pictures!

:F_05BL17blowkiss: to FCA! And we ARE the best board!

ETA:

I prefer postho to prolific hee

So go to your home boards for the details. But I'm glad the name of one of the fandom's formerly prolific posters has been released. Frankly it explains a lot.

:( I'm currently homeless. This is my home board. :cry4:

You are NOT currently homeless. FCA is your home. It is MY home too. And I love being home! :)

I'm wondering if the banter-less, more formal concert, with no busline, no waves is just the beginning of Clay pulling back a little? Maybe he feels like he's been a little too familiar, a little too casual with the fans? I know we won't know anything until his next tour, but it won't surprise me to see him continue this more reserved format.

I've wondered this, too, Bookwhore. All through these past years, I've been amazed at the closeness between a celebrity and his fans. I honestly do not know of another well-known person who has let strangers into his world the way Clay has with his fans, do you? It's wonderful---as long as everyone is respectful.

Of course, just like in larger society, too often a small minority can turn the tide because of miscreant behavior. If indeed this particular brush with the nasty part of the fandom has any tangible negative consequences in ClayLand, the scenario you painted seems a very likely truth.

I love this man and I want him to sing to MEEEEEEEEEEEEE for as long as I have on this earth. Frankly, as much as I would miss the familiarity with him that we've come to enjoy, I want him to find a way to keep on keeping on---as Clay Aiken: entertainer extraordinaire! heart unexcelled! smile unsurpassed! voice....to die for. If redefining his relationship with his fans is what seems necessary, so be it....

Just please......don't stop singing for us, Clay.

It's puking time. These people are being protected? For God's sake, WHY?????? Maintaining secrets won't clear the air, and unless it's cleaned up, no good will come. Shake-ups are in order.

For some perverse reasons, the thought of "puking time" just cracks me up bigtime.

I dunno - I tend to think this concert format was about the music and the season, not distancing himself.

The buslines, perhaps. But again - maybe it's just too damn cold for blocks-long line ups.

But muski, I couldn't agree with that last line more. Please Clay, never ever stop singing for us, k? I love you man.

One thing that sticks in my craw is the number of "fans" who trashed ATDW at Amazon and iTunes and all over the internet because "Clay" didn't want the album to succeed so he wouldn't have to record another covers album. And if not trashed, then damned with faint praise -- purportedly on Clay's behalf. It's puking time. These people are being protected? For God's sake, WHY?????? Maintaining secrets won't clear the air, and unless it's cleaned up, no good will come. Shake-ups are in order.

Heh - history is being rewitten even as we speak - that stuff NEVER HAPPENED!!! Personally, I think people have already moved on, found more hospitable homes, whatever. It is all over but the assignment of blame. Shrug.

Well there are some message boards with more planets then aothers and there are some member who are on more distant planets - you talk about subject a and they dispute what you said using subject B, Hee.

pc001.gif

mouse.gif

Of course some times there are people I want to post this to -

goodbye.gif