#23: Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• It is more than just the vox and the humor and the gahness!
    • Somewhere out there Clay is looking cute and talking with an accent and practicing a dance.
    • In so many ways, Clay has made me throw my sanity to the wind.
    • Clay is just standing out there with his naked voice, balls proud, singing his heart out without a safety net.
    • "Them desire prospered New Year"
    • He's one yummy man from any angle I look at him.
    • I just betcha "Sir Robin" is going to fit his Clayness like a second skin.

Hugs to CG, Couchie, and anyone else who may need them this season.

Right now, my first attempt at cooking a turkey is in the oven. Cranberry sauce is cooling. Will start the mashed potatoes when my MIL finishes making her spinach salad. My in-laws are already here and my parents and brother's family will arrive in a few hours.

This is the first Christmas I've ever hosted. First Christmas tree I ever bought. But curiously, I'm not that stressed. We'll have a lot of food for Christmas (turkey, honeybaked ham, pork, lumpia (egg rolls), green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, spinach salad, and a couple of desserts. But really, for me, it's always been about family, and I feel truly blessed to have them here for the holidays.

Sounds like Clay is experiencing Christmas in his own special way. I'm glad he has his family with him, too.

It's been a wild and crazy year in the fandom, but on the whole, I'd say the positive far, far outweighs the negative. Thank you, FCA, for being a haven and a joy this year.

Merry Christmas to all!

wmark.jpg

Ok. I see a cell phone on the right hand side of the picture.

Is someone giving a cellcert?? Is someone getting clack?? :lol:

(And I really do not like the blonde hair! His skin is too pale for it! And yes I know that's shallow when he's doing good, but then again, I am shallow!)

jj...at our house today it's CHILI! Yep---just throw some ground beef and tomato sauce and beans and spices in that pot and stir---nice and easy....Kenny brought peach, apple and pumpkin pies from the grocery store and we're set. I did the turkey thing at Thanksgiving...I'm resting today.

CG---your post was beautiful. I'm so glad you wrote it. It's really you.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL OF YOU WONDERFUL, MARVELOUS WOMEN! I'm so very glad I'm a part of this special board.

Can't wait to watch the Clay show this afternoon...I understand there'll even be some skaters, too! :cryingwlaughter:

Now...I'm going for a ride in my soccer mom van to try out a Christmas present from hubby---an fm ipod transmitter so I can listen to Claaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! I've tried the cassettes twice and they've only lasted for a week or so. Radio sucks, y'all!

To coin a phrase from a very wise (very hawt) young man: I wish you all HEALTH, HAPPINESS AND HOPE! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Merry Xmas everyone

Thank god the grocery stores are open heee. I just got back with stuff that looks like it can be turned into dinner. My sister's brother in law is sending a cooked ham over! Side dishes? I can handle that. We don't have the official official word yet but I do think my mom will be home some time today. They are are just trying to get her potassium level under control. But she is doing well and in good spirits. She'll be feeling even better when she gets her diamond earrings LOL. Those are from my brother. He gives good gifts.

I don't know if Solo mentioned this at all cuz I have yet to catch up but ya'll know how cocky I was about the fact that I could handle the cold weather on this trip. I even went to the post Merrillville party without a coat. But in Chicago...OH MY GOD... all I did was walk or was it run from the rental car to the van that was going to take us to the airport and I think my blood froze. I think Solo literally got blown into the van. Now THAT was winter. The wind...eeek. So now I get it. Today it's a nice sunny 52 degrees in California. It's good to be home.

Off to cook and finish wrapping gifts and sometime tonight I'll have my Xmas. Can't wait to see my boyfriend on TV.

Wishing you and yours....

waves to Muski on top of me. I had to laugh thinking of your mom and her boyfriend..well my mom has 3 boyfriends... LOL seriously. The one that was her steady for years moved to Virginia after his dad died to settle fight it out with the brother over the estate farm. He's still there and my mom is like..hrmph. So she has two other "friends." I had to call one to tell him she was in the hospital and the other two have called to wish her a Merry Xmas. and I wonder why every time I call her the line is busy.

wmark.jpg

Ok. I see a cell phone on the right hand side of the picture.

Is someone giving a cellcert?? Is someone getting clack?? :lol:

(And I really do not like the blonde hair! His skin is too pale for it! And yes I know that's shallow when he's doing good, but then again, I am shallow!)

But ya gotta admit that the man rawks the UNICEF blue.... V.V. nice. (It's probably not appropriate to smut Mr. Ambassador on the day celebrating the birth of Baby Jesus, is it?) :imgtongue:

We had Christmas dinner with the relatives, and then watched a movie - The Bourne Ultimatium with JennaZ's other boyfriend Matt Damon. We got home in time to tune into most of the last hour of the skating show, which meant I got to see Clay sing two songs and than pretend he couldn't skate. Off to watch the beginning of the show and squee and EEEEE! and hiss at any of those trampy girls who have the nerve to get handsy with my pretend boyfriend.

:naughtywag:

The skating show was so good. The two interviews were fun. Clay sang well, except for a couple of notes on DSIAFCD but it was live and how many singers could do as well. The skating was lovely. Did you notice how humble Clay was after the songs. He kept clapping for the skaters and trying to step back. What a great guy!

Hi jumpingjacks. I see you are logged in. Hope you found something better to eat or were able to drive to your destination later on.

Hi jumpingjacks. I see you are logged in. Hope you found something better to eat or were able to drive to your destination later on.

Hi ivy...yeah, I'm doing fine. No chance getting to my destination...the weather has gotten progressively worse...the temp is dropping and the snow is freezing....think I'll just stay comfy-cozied here watching Clay sing on NBC.

Ever just feel mellow? Nothing much to say. Had our Vegan Christmas brunch/dinner earlier today and now the family is all happy and sleeping in chairs in front of the TV.

Just finished watching the skating special a little bit ago too...well, watched part and slept through part, but you get the idea.

As for apparel, Mr. Ambassador looks just lovely wearing that big 'ol grin of his. hee.

Yeah, I'm content. Happy Holidays one and all.

ack! Almost forgot what I wanted to say since this morning...

:bday: jamar!!!!

Hey Kimiye!!

I'm watching my boyfriend on TV singing to me..waiting for my sister to pick me up. Gonna take my mom some Xmas cheer since it appears they are holding her hostage. Still holding out hope that they will let her go..but taking the earrings just in case.

I had to laugh on DSIAFCD...when the audience inexplicably screamed in joy on "baby that's a fact." LOL

Merry Christmas FCA!!!!

I'm watching the last few minutes of the Skating Special. I'm so glad I decided to tape it. My sister decided to call about 20 minutes into it. Now I can go back and watch it.

Couchie, I'm glad your mom is doing better, and hope she will be able to spend most of Christmas with your family.

:7254: Jamar

Thanks to all of you who share your joy and love of Clay here at FCA. I believe that a fan message board should enhance the fun of being a fan and this one does that for me. Thanks to Couchie and Ansa for starting up the FCA message board and for the mods and not a mods who make my daily visits here enlightening and fun.

Thanks luckiest and gibby on links for mp4s, I'll check them out, every time I think I'm going to have a little time to mess with my IPod, something comes up. I'll get back on it later.

I don't know if Solo mentioned this at all cuz I have yet to catch up but ya'll know how cocky I was about the fact that I could handle the cold weather on this trip. I even went to the post Merrillville party without a coat. But in Chicago...OH MY GOD... all I did was walk or was it run from the rental car to the van that was going to take us to the airport and I think my blood froze. I think Solo literally got blown into the van. Now THAT was winter. The wind...eeek.

Wasn't that something??? And they say Canada is cold!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE![/

Sorry I’m so late checking in; I typed a long-winded post last night that I was back in Buffalo and what-all happened, and the hotel wireless failed just as I posted it. Grrr…

I was too exhausted to redo it.

Suffice to say that 100 mph winds + O’Hare at Christmas = Good time…NOT!!

At least I got my luggage!

Wish I had known he was there too…not to look for him, but just to know. Y’know? :shrug:

A few acknowledgements and thank you’s will tell the story of my Christmas:

Thanks to Marilyn, for lovely company at brunch in Williamsport and moral support while driving alone in a complete whiteout to Erie. It was good to know you were there.

Thanks to Karen, Cheri and Sammie, my Raleigh peeps, for always being there…literally. I missed you so much. I’m so glad you came. Chelsea, it was great to meet and be fangirly with you!

Thanks to Farouche for being a pleasant seat-mate.

Thanks to Doris for the upgrade to my seat in Erie…you were so kind to let me join your friends!

Thanks to angelty’s housekeeper and housekeeper’s daughter, for just making my night with their joy in our Clay.

Thanks to luckiest1 and cindilu2 and claymatron for keeping track of me in the Erie blizzard of 2007…regardless of the fact it completely spoiled your Erie adventure! It helped a LOT to know you cared.

Thanks and hugs to memyb, always an intrepid fellow Clay adventurer and enabler. It was such fun!

Thanks to prairiegirl and prairieguy (hubbie Glen) for the tickets, the laughs and the companionship. It’s always a special treat when I know you are going to be there too!

Thanks to Jerome for the kindness…it is always appreciated! You are a special guy.

Thanks to Lena ;) for the laughs and the gift, which was much appreciated later in FREEZING Chicago! Little did you know it would save my butt…or at least, my hands!

Sorry to hear about the Minneapolis airport staff's unfortunate day :lol: ...hope you got home OK!!

Thanks to Carol and Debbie of MinnesotaClayfans for all your hard work on the fun parties and get-togethers. What a good time we had!

Thanks to pinklady for your kindness….you made my night!

Thanks to all the FCA’ers I met and re-met in Minneapolis and your hugs…it was SO good to see you all again. Next year in New York! Be there!!

Thanks to momof3boys and family for their hospitality, and for allowing me to be a part of their family Chrismas, and WFI in Mokena…I had such a good time in Chicago area!

Thanks to aikim and emsamp for wrapping with me and enabling my tollbooth habit! You saved my life!

Thanks to Neelie and Dennis (neelieMr) who made our day completely by stopping by to visit at our WFI location!

Thanks a second time to luckiest1, cindilu2, crimsonice, lisa, couchtomato, and ldyjocelyn for a fun after-show at Uno’s. Couchie, do you have ketchup for your dinner tonight? :rolleyes: It was so good to meet you, couchie and ldyj!

NO thanks to the bitchinthebox who refused to speak to me…(I did get a refund).

And as always….special thanks to Clay…who is the reason for it all.

Love you!! :wub::wub:

Merry Christmas to all!

I hope you all had a great day! I'm pooped.

Saw the Holiday on Ice Show but my tape cut off when they are skating around the arena. They did a very good job with the editing. Clay sang great. I especially enjoyed the interviews with Clay. He was shown as a man of many facets. I hope it had a lot of viewers. :skater_icon: :xmas07a:

So, I was supposed to be eating a turkey dinner right about now....got an hour down the road and it was so bad I had to turn around. Snow, sleet, ice, wind.

Peanut butter and jelly, anyone?

Oh man, that sucks jj. I hope you were able to salvage something fun and special in the day. You made a wise choice though, not to risk your personal safety.

I had one of those Christmases that was a bit 'off', where everyone tries to put on a good show because it's Christmas and you're expected to be all happy and shit, but it's forced. It was weird. I'm glad it's over.

Of course I missed the ice skating show this afternoon because we were at MIL's house. Does anyone happen to know if there is a download available anywhere? Pweeeze????

So, I was supposed to be eating a turkey dinner right about now....got an hour down the road and it was so bad I had to turn around. Snow, sleet, ice, wind.

Peanut butter and jelly, anyone?

Oh man, that sucks jj. I hope you were able to salvage something fun and special in the day. You made a wise choice though, not to risk your personal safety.

I had one of those Christmases that was a bit 'off', where everyone tries to put on a good show because it's Christmas and you're expected to be all happy and shit, but it's forced. It was weird. I'm glad it's over.

Of course I missed the ice skating show this afternoon because we were at MIL's house. Does anyone happen to know if there is a download available anywhere? Pweeeze????

CV says Eva is getting ready to upload it but I don't know how long it will be.

My day was ok...I'm glad I came home but missed out on all the goodies. Might have to see if Perkins is open and go get a piece of pie. I'm missing the Christmas cookies.

JJ, I'm glad you're safe and warm! Being comfy and warm while watching fresh clack is sure a lot better than stuck in a cold snowbank.

Happy Birthday, Jamar!!

:Pogo0: :00000430: :Pogo0:

I've been at my Mom's house most of the day, so haven't watched the Skating Show yet. I can't wait to see it!

MERRY CHRISTMAS FCA!!

I give up on doing the pretty colors for my greeting. It's been a long but happy couple of days. Maybe y'all will forgive me if I give you a Christmas card instead.

235919327-X2-1.jpg

Hope that will do!!

I wish I'd had a chance to meet more of you this year....I missed most of you in Vegas, and well, Minneapolis just wasn't in the cards. The doctor was right. I never would have made it through the trip. Hope to have more chances in the coming year.

YChrome and I watched the skating show and just loved it. As those of us who were there for the taping attested, there were several do-overs for the skaters, but none for Clay. A few rough spots in DSIAFCD, but who would remember after hearing him sing AIW so beautifully. WOW that was powerful.

Several people have wondered where the cheekbones went between the Sedaka tribute and Vegas, which were only a little over a week apart. Whenever I see a change in Clay's face where is suddenly puffier and his eyes "squinchier", I always immediately think....Prednisone!!! He's an allergy prone guy, and it was hot, windy and dry in Vegas at the time of the taping. Your face can puff up in less than 48 hours when on the drug, and will go back to normal when you are off it. "Moon face" is a hallmark we see all the time in our patients. Just MHO.

At the end of the show, I had to go back and look at my pictures from that night, because I was waiting for some skating performances that never showed up. Sure enough, there was a second Todd Eldridge performance in a cranberry colored sweater that didn't air. Also Karen Kadavy's (sp) first performance in a purple outfit didn't make the show either. And I THINK that Jenny Meno & Tod Sand's first performance in red satin didn't make it either (they were interviewed in that outfit, but it didn't show their skate)?????

Very interesting! All 8 of Clay's songs made it into the final show, but 3 of the skating solos did not. It may have been a contract thing, but I am certainly very grateful!!!

I was so thrilled to see Clay's happy face with those children in Mexico....lost luggage and all....sure looks like the anti-diva to me.

As I said, this has been a tough year.....the illness and death of my Dad.....long separations including 3 months in Iraq for my DH and I.....hospitalization for me.....not going to go down as one of my favorites. And yet, as I read Clay's blog and think of the causes he has supported and highlighted this year, it makes me very grateful for my blessings.

My wish is for a happy, healthy and successful 2008 for Clay and for all of us.

Peace.

Soooo very tired...even with a lot of help from my girls I am still pooped...

Our Christmas supper was great...the turkey turned out to be so moist and flavorful and everything else was good...

but I need to just veg tomorrow.

Didn't bother trying to watch the skating show...but watched the dl and the skating was wonderful and the singing too...great appearance for Clay.

the reason for my posting..

:bday2:

JAMAR!!!