#26: "Irreverent, surprisingly fearless, a total delight and a surprise!"

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• I'm considering running for President!
    • Ya' gotta give me somethin', honey!
    • The man's a joy magnet!

*Waves from Lurkdom*

*waves back*

Hey, I got me a cousin from Lurkdom. You know Billy Bob Lurker? Kin to the Northside Lurkers? No? Well, he don't get out so much, either.

hee!~

I don't know, y'all...I'm just feeling so...ebullient tonight! EBULLIENT!!! Ebullience is ebulliiating ebuilliently! Yeah, I made that last bit up. :)

From canuck at CV . . .

a recap from Bubbles at CB

This might make you feel even more EBULLIENT!

Just wanted to make a few comments about this weekend's shows before today recaps begin. Didn't get back home til after 2 am Tuesday morning and am still recovering. Plane delays getting to Chicago and connecting to Lansing, MI.

I am the person that hippoga talked about. I sat next to a good friend of Christopher's at Saturday's evening show. He was very friendly and I asked if he had seen the show before. That's when he mentioned they (he and wife I assume) were good friends of Christophers from way back and were here to see it again. We talked a bit and then the show started. He was loving it, all parts. At intermission, the wife stayed behind when he went out and we talked a bit. I mentioned my sister and I were here because we were big fans of Clay. It was then that she started talking about what a great guy Clay was. They had met him back stage before that day. She had so many wonderful things to say about Clay but I couldn't write them all down to remember them. The one word I keep remembering is that Clay is so "humble". And she mentioned how great he is with the families and people around there. They had a friend with kids that they were taking backstage and I think that was the kind of thing she was talking about, how good Clay is with kids (as we all know very well.) She talked about Christopher and how he came over from the London show with Hannah because Hannah was nervous coming over here by herself. He'll only be in the show for 6 weeks and then on to do Shrek but I think he and Clay have connected and will stay friends. She mentioned that Christopher came over expecting to not really like Clay because of how Clay got on the show, not being on Broadway ever before and he figured Clay would have an attitude. That's where the humble kept coming in. He was so impressed with Clay from the very start and told her that within the first 2 weeks of the show, Clay owned the part of Sir Robin. And that's coming from someone who has been in Spamalot for a long time and knows what the part entails. I was so excited to hear this. They have really connected and have a blast now. Clay is so unassuming and not affected by all that he has accomplished in the past 5 years. I'm sure Christopher had expected it would have all gone to Clay's head. He was impressed by what a great guy Clay is. (All he would have had to do is just ask us, right?) I was just so excited to have talked to her and learned all about the expectations they had about Clay.

I also mentioned we had come to town because it was my birthday and we wanted a Clay weekend for my birthday. She said, Oh we should see if we can get her backstage. I about flipped. They were going backstage with their friend and her kids and must have someone working backstage. A younger man came out at half time looking for them. She asked him if could see if we(my sister and I) could come backstage with them. He did check it out but said there was already a lot of people going backstage so they couldn't do it. It really would have been amazing but I was really just thrilled that she even thought of it. I was happy with all the good words she had about Clay. My sister was to the left of me and sort of heard what the lady was saying and was getting butterflies just thinking about it. Does make for an exciting evening. I still had half a show to watch which of course was wonderful. Everyone has recapped things so well I won't go into thatbut I really loved watching Guard Clay being so serious while the other Guard was cracking up. I can still hear things in my head. Just wish they'd make a DVD so I can watch it over and over.

A couple other things about our weekend. My sister had never been in NYC so we did the double decker bus tour and looked around a bit. We were watching for Spamalot signs on the busses but figured they had been changed by now. Then she caught one bus with the sign. It was exciting to see. Took a few pictures but they ones here already are better than mine. The last day we went to Grand Central Station before heading to the airport. Our hotel was The Roosevelt on 45th at Madison and only a block and a half from Grand Central. Was great to look around. I was taking pictures just cause I'd never been there before. Haven't taken the subway either so went in where the subway was and suddenly stopped. There were huge Spamalot poster with the "What a Difference a Clay Makes!" on them. When people get off the subway, they see Clay. How exciting. There was one along one side with 2 other posters and in another spot, 2 Spamalots along with other posters.

I did get my Playbill signed by Clay and took a few pictures after the shows. Not sure how to get them on here but others are soooo very good, not sure mine are that exciting. Just exciting for me to know I was close enough to get pictures.

Hope this wasn't too long. It was a great weekend. Only saw 2 shows but would love to get to others. Wish I lived closer. Enjoy the show. Hope everyone gets to see it at least once. After seeing it, all the recaps bring visuals to my mind and smiles to my face. Thanks for listening.

And with that I bid you GoodKnight!

WOW, what a fantastic banner!! I've been staring at it every time I read on a new page - have to stare, and read, stare, and read. YUMMM!

KAndre, I hope you're feeling a bit better by now! Is this the last dental work you'll need to have done for awhile?

EATA: I don't know if others have reported on this either, but I have to say - the orchestra pit was a surprise to me. My seat was directly behind the conductor (a very nice, friendly woman on Sunday evening). I have never seen an orchestra pit before (don't laugh at the hick! ) but I had visions of a full orchestra in tuxedos, filling some large space between the seats and the stage. HA!!! it literally did look like a pit, and it is underneath the stage - only the conductor is in front (slightly) of the stage. The musicians were all in street clothes, and there weren't very many of them at all. There is a camera on the conductor, and monitors along the bottom of the mezzanine wall - I assume so the actors can see the conductor? It was all very new to me, and very interesting to see! Also (and as a reward if you made to the end of this long-winded post) I do have extra playbills - PM me if you'd like one.

Thanks so much for the detailed recap! Heeee, they don't call it a 'pit' for nothing. I'm spending lots of time in the pit this week, playing piano with the orchestra at my daughter's high school musical (Titanic). Yup, the pit is below the stage, but part of it opens up just in front of the stage so that the conductor can see the cast. Playing in Titanic has been a lot of work (327 pages of music in the piano part!), but a lot of fun, too. Since the pit isn't all that big, the music is LOUD down there! I have a monitor right beside my keyboard so I can hear the singers and the acting. It can be quite challenging for the musicians and the cast to stay together at times, especially if the cast ad libs or changes their parts a little bit. And we aren't allowed to wear just any old street clothes - we have to wear all black, but it can be casual.

Okay, I know someone can tell me how to post a thumbnail with either photobucket or picturetrail?

I know how to do it from photobucket:

1. Sign in to photobucket. Drool over Clay pictures.

2. Click on the little box directly underneath and to the left of the thuddable picture you want to post.

3. Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click on 'Generate HTML and IMG code.'

4. Several boxes will be displayed. Find the one that says 'IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards - recommended'

5. Click in that box to copy the code (you don't have to highlight it; it's automatically copied when you click on it).

6. Paste the code into the reply box here at FCA, and click 'add reply.'

7. Voila! A clickable pic to drool over with your fellow FCAers!

KAndre tumbles into the FCA to whine, but is temporarily distracted a tall, strappin' man...

And I was forced to have my last root canal done today. And the evil Dr. A (having determined that a flopping, weeping patient is difficult to work upon) shot me chockful of anesthesia. So now one of my eyelids doesn't seem to work properly. Or if it is, I can't tell. And I have a little nubbin of a tooth that my tongue keeps wanting to mess with. And I can't get my temporary crowns until next week. And I can't get my Vicodin until after work. Dammit.

Well, I didn't have a root canal yesterday (the tooth already has one), but I had to have 2 crowns and bridge removed as I have decay under one of them..... down below the gum. They made my new temp bridge and I left with it on (2hr appt). I also have to have the crowns removed and new ones put on the other side as there is decay there. These crowns are 10-15 yrs old, so can't complain.

What I will whine about.... have to have a crown lengthening with gum graft.. $940 + the new crowns...... $6,000!!!!! and my ins will only cover $1000 of it. I have had crown lengthening done before..... and let me tell you...... it ain't fun!!!! I don't even want to think about the gum graft.

I told both dentist I wanted to be put back together before I go to NYC..... so not getting the crown lengthening until I come back, but I will be traveling with temp crowns.

Now, you all know how I start frothing at the mouth when people begin the bashing RCA routine, but I do have to say this ONE little thing.

If Apple ever starts to produce CDs, I hope to God the company signs Clay.

I've seen that commercial for the new skinny Mac so many times I'm singing the damn song in my sleep!

Let's see if I can make it work (double clickable):

th_OOlseeWP.jpg

ETA: I was able to post it as a clickable thumbnail - I saved the file you just posted, uploaded it to photobucket, and followed the procedure I posted earlier. If the original file is larger, photobucket (or picturetrail) probably downsized it when you uploaded it. If that's the case, you can change your photobucket preferences (in 'My Account') to allow higher res images, and then post it as a clickable. That way we can see your large wallpaper, in all its glory!

Good Morning Everyone,

74 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

76-83 Days until The New CD!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Ah, thanks for the tip, Gibby...now, when you click on it, is says it is 649x1024, which is the size I made it to be. If that's not the right size for wallpaper, someone let me know. Whee! Love playing with Clay! :)

th_pinkwallpaper2-3.jpg

00lsee - you have learned to make very pretty wallpapers! :hubbahubba:

I want to see Spamalot again and I want to see it NOW!!!

Damn having to work!

Damn it all costing so much!

**Goes off whining to herself as she gets ready to go to her damn job that doesn't make her enough money to go to Spamalot whenever she wants to.......**

Ah, thanks for the tip, Gibby...now, when you click on it, is says it is 649x1024, which is the size I made it to be. If that's not the right size for wallpaper, someone let me know. Whee! Love playing with Clay! :)

th_pinkwallpaper2-3.jpg

Really, really beautiful 00lsee!

The standard size for wallpaper has generally been 1024x768. That is what I make most of mine, and then 1280x800 for wide-screen monitors. I don't know how the 1024x768 is working out on all the new, much larger screen monitors. I *think* though, that the ratio is right so it should still look okay 'stretched' to fit the bigger screens.

muski of what she speaks for recovering from the evils of endodontry!

As for the XP/Vista fix, what I really need is run a dual boot - but everyone from Microsoft to bloggers to my IT resource, says that you have to have the older Windows version installed first, otherwise it is a complete fuckup - and of course the living room machine came with Vista. I do believe eBay is in my future, but it will have to happen after my next Spamalot trip. I have priorities, y'all.

The banner is excessively pretty.

I have started drinking guarana drinks. I blame Clay.

Broadwayworld.com

On Monday, February 18 at 9:30PM a one-night-only concert of Tammy Faye Sings: Songs from Big, Tent The Tammy Faye Bakker Musical was be presented at the Metropolitan Room (34 West 22nd Street, between Fifth and Sixth Ave).

The concert featured Stephanie J. Block and Sebastian Arcelus. Plus Leah Hocking, Jim Stanek, DB Bonds, Kate Rockwell, Jenny Hill, Natalie Douglas, Quiana Parler, Linda Balgord, Jodie Langel, Eric Briarley, Casey Clark, Ryan Driscoll, Hedi Weyhmueller; as well as the composers Ben Cohn and Sean McDaniel on piano and drums, Ric Molina and Dave Kuhn on guitar and bass. The evening will be hosted by the show's book writer Jeffery Self.

"A cultural icon for more than thirty years, Tammy Faye Bakker's phenomenal rise from farm girl to evangelist superstar has finally been put onstage with a terrific pop-country score. Her unique style has made her beloved by mainstream Christians, as well as by gays and other outsiders whom she welcomed under her "big tent." In this ninety minute, six character musical, we follow Tammy as she fights to maintain her dignity amidst sex and business scandals. Her perseverance in the face of private tragedy and public ridicule has made her a testament to the endurance of the human spirit."

The musical was seen in a concert production at New World Stages in May of 2007 directed by Ryan J. Davis. Since then, Ms. Bakker-Messner passed away on July 20, 2007. For more information on the show visit www.myspace.com/tammymusical

With two pictures of Jenny Hill, Clay, and Quiana:

tn-500_38.jpg

tn-500_39.jpg

There's also a cute picture of Sean McD (with a guitar, no less!) and a picture of Sean with his parents.

Awwwww, cute. Thank for bringing those over, ldyj.

OK, I think I need an intervention. I can't stop watching Claypod Jr. (aka my new 80 gb video ipod). Seriously, I can't help myself. I know it plays audio too (which is why I bring it to work) but whenever I have a down time (like today when my system was up on the 5th floor for training, but I was down at my desk on the 1st floor eating lunch) I watch it. I can't help myself. I hate just sitting staring into space. I think I will need to find somewhere else to eat my lunch, other than at my desk, because it's pull is too strong to resist. My co-workers are rolling their eyes at me.

Oh, I think maybe I qualify for the eHP now, too. I sleep with it. It has it's own pillow. I'm serious.

Claypod Jr.

Bwah, luckiest! When I got my new video iPod and gave my nano to older daughter, she asked me,

"Mother, what's a 'Clackpod'? And why does my nano have that as its name?"

Eye rolling ensued upon my explanation. :cryingwlaughter: