#26: "Irreverent, surprisingly fearless, a total delight and a surprise!"

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• I'm considering running for President!
    • Ya' gotta give me somethin', honey!
    • The man's a joy magnet!

I think he said Martina before he ever mentioned Faith Hill, no? Wasn't that one of the AI2 questions or something? Seems like a long time ago I read it anyway.

Yep, I remember that too, cindilu...and I'm with him. I think Martina McBride has an awesome voice--much better than Faith Hill. I'd love to hear Clay and Martina do a duet...

May 6th? My mom's 87th birthday! Think she'd like a new Clay CD for a present? No matter, I'll get her one anyway. hehe.

00lsee, I read it May sex, too.

If I were you, I'd worry about spending too much time with me. :whistling-1:

00lsee, I'd just give it up if I were you. You simply can't fool us. *g*

Cool article in People. It gives me hope, and it sounds exactly the way I want this album to go....as Clay doing what he feels is his strength. Good for him.

EEEEEEEEEEEE!

If anyone is noticing a lack of butterflies around. It is because they are all in my stomach!!!! I am just so excited about the CD news and yes I know don't get you hopes up, no promotion, date will change etc!!! You know what I DONT CARE!! It's coming and I can feel it!!!!!!! And if I want to be excited I damn well will be because the naysayers will not be rainin' on my parade this time!!!!

If anyone is noticing a lack of butterflies around. It is because they are all in my stomach!!!! I am just so excited about the CD news and yes I know don't get you hopes up, no promotion, date will change etc!!! You know what I DONT CARE!! It's coming and I can feel it!!!!!!! And if I want to be excited I damn well will be because the naysayers will not be rainin' on my parade this time!!!!

Thank you!!!! I will shout it from the rooftops....I have platinum dreams for Clay Aiken!!!! I will fantasize about a hit song...about a song on television...about a song in a movie...about concerts...concerts...concerts....I will if I wanna...and I wanna!!!! Link arms with me, baybee...we will march together. Let's hang butterfly mobiles all over the house!!!

I'm going to love this album...I can feel it in my bones. In the marrow of my bones. In the cells in the marrow of my bones...At the atomic level, dammit!

So ready. I'm so ready. Bring it, Clay. C'mon, MAY!!!!

Yes, I am so excited about the possible May 6th date. My mother kept telling me when ATDW came out, and it seemed like it was being delayed from spring to fall that she would not be around if he did not hurry up. Today when I was at her house I mentioned the May release and she said she can hardly wait. No mention this time about not being here. She also will be 87 in June.

I took over my tape of Mike and Juliet show so she could see it. In her area it is not on. I went on vacation and forgot that I had not let her see it. I was very surprised that she loved the color of his hair and also liked the strait look. Her favorite hair was the ATDW album cover.

Everyone keep bringing the recaps of Spamolot. I loved reading them and seeing the pictures. For us who can not go these have been a God send.

Did he say May sex? He's releasing in May?

00lsee... :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: You are good, woman!

Muski... you have taught her well! :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

A May Sex release is very exciting! 2 days after his last performance. He's gonna go crazy the first part of May! We're gonna go crazy the first part of May! :clap::clap::clap:

My imaginings are a summer tour (July/Aug) with all his own music so a DVD can be made! It's time!

And, at least two songs on that album that he wrote/co-wrote!

Here is my wish for the new album:

I want what he wants.

That's all I can ask for, really. I'm his fan, and I'm willing to go along with anything he throws at me.

BTW, this wish also goes for any future tour, any future album, and his entire career. You'll probably hear me say this about 20,000 more times in the next few years.

Here is my wish for the new album:

I want what he wants.

That's all I can ask for, really. I'm his fan, and I'm willing to go along with anything he throws at me.

BTW, this wish also goes for any future tour, any future album, and his entire career. You'll probably hear me say this about 20,000 more times in the next few years.

You are me, babycakes. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Found this at CH:

Clay Aiken Album to Be Released in May

So I guess album promo is starting...he is talking about the theme...the type of songs...and still with the May target date...

still keeping quiet about the producer...hee

I don't know, reading that article makes me think May 6th is a pipe dream. That is only about 2 months away. It doesn't sound like it will be ready to actually be released in 2 months!

I've always said that Clay has an odd sense of time!

And ansa - album promotion? Surely you jest! Don't you remember, RCA doesn't ALLOW album promotion for Clay???

:nanarow: May 6th is one of the dates I have been counting down to!

Kim

I'll bet money it won't happen!

In all seriousness, it doesn't even sound like they have recorded all the songs. How can it be ready to be released in 2 months? Things never go that smoothly.

I do think it will come out this summer. But I don't think there will be a summer tour. I think he'll do the promo rounds and then take some time off. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't tour with this album until 2009.

Of course, that could just be my own preferences being projected. I won't have the time or money to stalk him go to many concerts this summer. I am not even eligible for vacation until the end of July. And I am spending too much money on Spamalot!

I think the CD will happen on time! RCA would be nuts NOT to take advantage of all the press and exposure from Spamalot and AI Rewind AND Mother's Day!!

Just the thought of my hands on that nice round piece of joy.............!!!!!!

Well, I believe, but I don't want to discuss the album, I still feel the burns from the last album release and the bitchy things people did.

Did Fear ever tell you how there was a group that moved thier party from her town to another town, so she and another person gave the release party and just before they were contacted to cancel their party because the other people decided to come back to their city, and when they didn't they sent hostile radio people there to take pictures and put it on their radio website?

I don't get why mother's day would make a big difference. How many people would buy Clay's CD for their mothers? I doubt enough to have any impact on sales.

CDs are almost never released when they first say they will be. The exposure from Spamalot is very limited nationally and same for AI Rewind. I don't think that many people even watch AI Rewind. I don't think either of those would enter into an album release date.

Now AI itself, like the finale? Now that might enter into it. Sweeps week on TV might enter into it. But the CD doesn't actually have to released for either of those. If he has a firm date that isn't too far away, they can still take advantage of any of those opportunities.

All we know is Clay HOPES the CD will be out ABOUT May 6th. I wouldn't start making plans based on that.

It will be out when its ready. And I'll be waiting for it when it does!

But I can't afford a summer tour.......

Some stage door pics via the ClayBoard (thanks to Clayphan):

A few of my favorites:

th_IMG_0844.jpg

HEY!!! Thats me!!! I was just complimenting Clay" Brilliant British Accent" and he laughed, then looked up and remembered me and said ""OOOOH- Well, coming from YOU thats very good!!""

I am so glad someone took the picture!

Mother's Day is one of the BIG sales pushes for CDs. I found a market article that says CD sales increased 53.1 percent the week of Mother's Day. Plus, my friend used to work in a music store and TOLD me they sold mountains of CDs for Mother's Day.

I rest my case.

ETA: Source: Music Week. I can't post the llink because it requires membership.

I think the CD will happen on time! RCA would be nuts NOT to take advantage of all the press and exposure from Spamalot and AI Rewind AND Mother's Day!!

Just the thought of my hands on that nice round piece of joy.............!!!!!!

I like the way you think.

CG I wouldn't be surprised if you are right...so i wouldn't bet against you. But this is not like Clay saying soon or sometime in the spring. The first thing that gave me hope is Clay himself saying MAY even before spamalot started. This tells me they have some kind of timeline and a plan to get it out then. I expected that date to move once spamalot started...but it didn't he was still consistent and now...there is a date. As long as he is saying that...I will accept it. The thing is we really don't know where he is in the recording. HE probably is almost done and they are just putting the finishing touches and then waiting for the approval from Clive. The closer it is to the date and no changes...makes me more optimistic. But as I said...won;t surprise me if the date changes as well.

Just the thought of my hands on that nice round piece of joy.............!!!!!

I like the way you think.

I think we've got ourselves another thread title nominee!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee - for the little round piece of JOY!

I can't wait to hear it, feel it, sing to it, go to sleep to it, wake up to it, and drive to it.

I can't afford another tour either but on the other hand, I won't want to miss it either!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

With any luck he'll come back to Wolf Trap!

Did anyone see the Lunar Eclipse tonight???

I don't get why mother's day would make a big difference. How many people would buy Clay's CD for their mothers? I doubt enough to have any impact on sales.

CDs are almost never released when they first say they will be. The exposure from Spamalot is very limited nationally and same for AI Rewind. I don't think that many people even watch AI Rewind. I don't think either of those would enter into an album release date.

Now AI itself, like the finale? Now that might enter into it. Sweeps week on TV might enter into it. But the CD doesn't actually have to released for either of those. If he has a firm date that isn't too far away, they can still take advantage of any of those opportunities.

All we know is Clay HOPES the CD will be out ABOUT May 6th. I wouldn't start making plans based on that.

It will be out when its ready. And I'll be waiting for it when it does!

But I can't afford a summer tour.......

Claygasm I'm no expert but my guess is that Mother's day for Clay would be a pretty darn good boost. That's a gift giving day and we all know his best demographic LOL. And I agree that AI itself is what I'm hoping for..doesn't even have to be the finale... top 5, 4,3, 2..it is the number one show on the air. I'll take any of those weeks..actually I'd rather he be on the week of his release. I also think wrapping up a successful run on Broadway and by all accounts that's exactly what he'll be doing is just so much better than just appearing out of thin air after being out of sight for a year. I've been quite skeptical about that release date but I'm starting to believe LOL. Really, what plans need to be made to go out and buy an album. None. It's just pure anticipation for me.