#28: The man's a joy magnet!

ldyjocelyn

New Thread Title  

44 members have voted

1. 1. WEEEEEEEEEE How many mods does it take to put up a new thread title...and which one do you want?

• Winning people over all the time
    • More kool-aid for me, please.
    • WHERE'S THE SMUT???!!!!!
    • ....having a verra verra good time!
    • Things are progressing!
    • Hannah is My Hero
    • Be warned. He's quite lethally cute!
    • My pocket book is groaning but I'm happy. Sigh.
    • songs chosen by Clay
    • EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It's really happening!
    • he's teasing us, ya'll!
    • Put the kiddies to bed; this is gonna get good.
    • Holy mother of GUH!!!!!!!
    • I don't give a s**t what Clay chooses to sing on his CD. It's his choice. I'm happy with that.
    • Did you know GUH was not an acceptable scrabble word?
    • He sings, he dances?he drinks tap water?
    • in my mind I will cheerfully add "all the way to the bank".
    • I'm just happy happy. What else can I say? shrug.gif Thanks fer the koolaid?

Sending healthy vibes to all suffering from the crud. Oh, and here's a CUTE Knight who looks like he's offering to make you some fresh chicken soup!

amd_aiken_spamalot-1.jpg

What?!!! There's the possibility of being nursed back to health by Sir Robin involved?

Cough, cough, hack, sneeze. :crying1: I thing I hab a tembachure.

Sorry you're feeling sick bottlecap. Hee.

More on the recap front:

stuff from Ms. Marm (CH)

tugger at CV wrote:

I think I've calmed down enough to give my recap of this past weekend!

Friday, March 7th!

Like many non-New Yorkers this past weekend, I had flight delays and luggage delays on my way to see Spamalot. To make a long story short.....I missed two flights and arrived in NYC approximately two hours later than originally scheduled. The trip to the Milford Plaza was amazing uneventful and the taxi driver was very pleasant! After checking into the hotel and arranging to have my luggage delivered hopefully later that night, I heard from my friend Sara (Buckeyegirl) that she possibly wasn't going to make it to NYC because of the snow in Columbus....it wasn't too much longer....say 10 minutes....she called back and said she was on a flight to Charlotte, NC and would be in NYC later that night or early next morning. I'm sure you've all read her recap by now, so I'll continue with mine! About 6:45pm I decided I need something to put a smile on my face....what or who could do that better than Clay....so I walked over to the Shubert Theater and bought a SRO ticket! One of the best decisions I've ever made! As tired as I was I laughed myself silly Friday night at one of the funniest plays I've ever seen! You've all read other recaps and they are excellent for giving you a real feel about every little detail of the play and the cast. Naturally I loved every scene Clay was in and every little move he made and every note he sang...however, the rest of the cast was just as brilliant as Clay! Watching from SRO was really a great idea for a first time viewing of the play....you get to see the whole picture and don't feel as if you only need/want to focus on Clay (even though he IS the reason and the only reason most of us are going). The entire cast is absolutely hysterical! Patsy, Prince Herbert/Not Dead Fred, Lancelot/the French Taunter will keep you in stitches with their words and actions! Tom Deckman is like the silliest puppet on a string without the string you've ever seen! Facial expression and body movements are a major factor in this play for everyone! The Lady of the Lake is brilliant!!!! Hannah has the greatest animated expressions I've ever seen outside a cartoon character....and her vocal range is out of this world! Words escape me on how to describe King Arthur and Patsy....I fell in love with them the moment they appeared on stage! Clay was the perfect Guard 1, Brother Maynard and of course Sir Robin! He is hysterically funny and his voice, as we all know, is amazing! I think one of my very favorite singing parts is when he's standing on the piano after the Russian dance and singing some of the most amazing notes I've ever come out of his mouth...he shook the rafters all the way in the back of the theater...absolutely breathtaking IMO!!!! I could rattle on for hours and hours about every scene he was in, but others have described them so wonderfully, that I don't think I could do him any more justice! So, I'll continue on with the stagedoor for Friday night....there was none! However I did get a couple of pictures of Rick and his autograph on my slightly wet playbill! I think I finally passed out about 3am or was it 4am? doesn't really matter 'cause I went to sleep with my heart full of love and laughter after a very long day!

Saturday, March 8th Matinee!

Sara & BJ & I went to Planet Hollywood for lunch before the matinee...very nice! Sara had a front row seat right under Clay's tower scene and BJ and I had second row center seats on the left aisle. I must say up front that being this close to the stage and Clay is leathal on so many levels!!!!!:thudmats: I was able to experience the play from three different locations this weekend and all were amazing views!!!! Being so close to the stage makes everyone seem so much larger than life...it really is stunning to see their facial expressions and all of the little details you don't see as clearly from SRO even though SRO is a great view and I saw the play from there three times this weekend! I highly recommend seeing the play from SRO if you have closer seats and if you are wanting to go to more than what you already have tickets for and have the time to go again! I want so badly to describe my thoughts and feelings about seeing Clay in this wonderful play, but I just can't put into words that properly describe them...I'm still so overcome with so many emotions and so much love for Clay and this great opportunity that has come his way and ours...that I'm at a loss for words...even though I seem to have rambled my way this far! Again there was no stagedoor after the Saturday Matinee so we met up with BFS and went over to Johnny's for a wonderful lunch....we were also joined by Lizzy (austinclaymate) at lunch! Meeting Clay's wonderful fans are one of the greatest things about being his fan!

Saturday, March 8th Evening!

Sara and I had fifth row right inside aisle seats for this show. Amazingly and without much effort at all BJ let us talk her into going to this show too!!!!:giggle: She was able to get a sixth row center seat that afternoon! Needless to say another brilliantly hysterical show by everyone! On to the stagedoor!!!! YAY!!!! There was one!!!!! :yahoo: This was the night of the infamous *grab* by Hannah! I'm so glad Sara was able to catch this moment in time for all of us to be jealous over forever!!!! We didn't originally see it happen and weren't aware of it until Shorty told us about it later that night and wanted us to confirm the story....naturally we had to view the video again for the 5230 time that night and low and behold...there it was in all it's glory!!!! Sara was able to get amazing video and I came away with some great pictures and we all got autographs! Clay was gorgeous!!! what more can I say?!?! BJ had to go home after the play so Sara and I stayed up until 5am posting pictures and video and drooling and laughing about everything that had happened the last 24 hours!!!!

Sunday, March 9th Matinee!

Sara and I did SRO for this show....great view of the entire play! Great performances by everyone.....and we were in stitches the whole time! Sidenote...we tried to get BJ to come back for the Sunday evening show...but she really thought she should stay home....HOWEVER....she did ask me to get her a ticket just incase she changed her mind!!! LOL!! Stagedoor...there was one!!!! YAY!!!!! Carolina hoodie came out to greet us again!!!! unfortunately or not as it turns out....we were further down the line but in front for pictures and autographs...being so far down we were able to take lots of pictures of Jeromes backside...UNTIL....Clay was about 3 or 4 people to the left of Sara....that's when I was able to capture the 3 amazing photos in the hoodie and Sara also captured on video my first three word conversation with Clay that got a two word response...my very first M&G so to speak!!!! She made a screencap for me and I hope to print it out and get it autographed in May if at all possible! This may sound like the beginning of my turning all fangirly this weekend, but believe me, it actually started the day we bought our theater tickets back in October...I'm still squeeling inside right now from all the excitement of the weekend!

Before Sara had to leave Sunday night, we walked to Rockerfeller Center and St. Paul's Cathedral and did a little shopping at the NBC Studio Gift Shop! I was sad to see Sara leave so soon, but so very thankful that she was able to come to NYC despite all the obstacles she had to deal with! Thank you Sara for sharing such a great weekend with me!!!!

Sunday, March 9th Evening!

BJ called a little after 4pmish and said she was on her way to the train...she traveled all the way from New Jersey just so I wouldn't have to go to the play by myself....she's such a doll! Once again, we had SRO tickets and once again the play was fantastic!!! The only thing bad about seeing it 5 times was that by the end of this show I was sad because I knew I was going home in the morning, but I was also thrilled beyond measure that I had such a great time with my friends in such a great city all because one great man brought us all together! Stagedoor...there was one!!!! YAY!!!! We were able to once again take great pictures and Lizzy got great video! This was the night of the *noisy camera* and the *rolling eye look* from Clay we got because of my noisy camera! All I can say is....it was soooooooo much fun to get so fangirly over a noisy camera and priceless moment with Clay! After Clay went back inside we all said our goodbyes!

hippoga at CB wrote:

wish I could bring a show report BUT I do bring two gifts! My friend took these pictures last weekend March 9.

This one-love his gaze, love that handsome face outlined by the hoodie!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b25/hippoga/Clay3-9m.jpg

But this one is just gorgeous.....and his hair looks a bit reddish, too!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b25/hipp...ay3-9E-Copy.jpg

From tonight's show (March 12):

MonicaJuliet at CB wrote:

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! Just got settled in our hotel after seeing Spamalot for the first time. Clay was SO amazing, I was literally grinning for the whole show. I also laughed so hard for the full 2 hours that my stomach muscles are killing me right now! Since it's getting late and we are getting up early again tomorrow, I won't post a full recap till I get back this weekend. But, I must say that Clay can definately dance! His moves are so smooth and he is flawless in all of his roles. He seemed so comfortable on stage. His solo number in the second act is fantastic. He got great applause throughout the show and I'm pretty sure he looked at me a few times! Eeeeee! We got a very big tunic flip tonight! One thing I noticed that may have been different tonight was Clay's piano playing during his solo. I have the soundtrack to Spamalot and the song that Sir Robin plays was a lot different. When Clay sat down he didn't play right away, he looked at the keys for a bit and then started playing chopsticks. I have never read of him playing chopsticks any other night. It got a great laugh though!

The Knights of Ni scenes were hysterical! Tonight their name was made up of some funny noises and then a song. I can't remember the exact words, but it had something to do with, "I pick up girls on 34th and 9. I pick up girls 'cause I'm client number 9". I'm not sure if those are the exact words, but it was all about Eliot Spitzer. The crowd completely lost it! Everyone must have laughed for a good 5 minutes. The Knights of Ni could barely control themselves and Clay was turning around with his back to the audience because he was laughing as well. King Arthur could barely say anything and the Knight of Ni kept opening his mouth to move on, but just laughed instead. Then he said something like, 'We are doing Spamalot now, remember?' which got even more laughs. LOL.

Not too many people at the stage door tonight, about 3 deep, only 2 deep where I was standing. Clay came out pretty quickly in his blue Carolina hoodie, beige coloured track pants and sneakers. Not too many screams or lots of talking and Clay went by pretty quickly. His hair was messy (not slicked back) and he looked great! His eyelashes... I got aa few good pictures and will try to post them soon. Can't wait to see the show again tomorrow!

WinkAtMe at CV wrote:

I'm hooooome from the show! WOW! I am still in fangirlie overload so I can't string two coherent thoughts together. I tried making in mental knotes but after the stage door and looking at him the way he is ....I am a blathering idiot!

Met up with claym8 and striped shirts before hand for dinner and lots of laughs...then headed over to the theater....

I have not seen this show since opening weekend. And frankly, I was almost afraid to see it since I felt like nothing could top those first 2 shows. The audience reactions to Clay were amazing...he was the star and we welcomed him with open arms and then sent him off with thunderous applause. I was afraid that it would not be that was tonight...here it was mid-week, 2 months in and how many of Clay's fans would be there? Well, it looked as though the entire orchestra was full but I couldn't see the Mezz or Balc. I think there were more men there than women (at intermission, the line at the mens room was as long or longer than the ladies room). On my way back to my seat, I was walking behind a man who was on the cell phone saying "I'm seeing Spamlot right now...it is intermission. OMG...It is fantastic, you have to come one night." That made me happy, even though he said nothing about Clay. It seemed to be a sign of total acceptance by a NJU that Clay fit right in and held his own.

And boy does he. His portrayals are seemless. Totally relaxed in his parts and looking like he is enjoying the hell out of it. I was sitting in Row A seat 1. OMG! This is fantastic for a Clay fan....one who just wants to keep her eyes on him. Since I had seen it twice before, I was committed to enjoying Clay from up close and personal. There were a few times I could have reached out and touched his shoe. But as fangirlie as I am, I would never do that! I did notice a few times as many of the cast were already on the stage and Clay was coming on, ceveral of the knights/dancers had a smile of pride as they looked at him. OMG! THat made me feel wonderful....

My favorite part as a Clay-loving fan is still the one where he stomps his foot with that serious look on his face and then shortly after begins the bottle dance. That leg...that foot...his creaping towards you. KNOCKS ME OUT!!!

You may know already, that Brad Oscar was not there tonight. I missed him but the fellow playing his part was very good. I of course like the cast that was there on the opening since I fell in love with them all then.

I was sitting next to a nice college girl with was with her Mom and they come to NYC every year from Kentucky to see Broadway. She adores the shows and has been a Clay fan from the beginning. She only attended one concert show...NAT. But when she saw an ad for Clay in Spamalot she told her mother that they HAD to go. She was so excited. She asked me if those in the audience would clap or holler out when Clay first appears on stage. I said yes....because they did opening weekend. Tonight....no one did. I started to yell, but noticed I was the only one. That was the only thing that made me a wee bit sorry about. I think that the cast, and TPTB do expect some recognition to be made when Clay comes on stage (or in the tower).

But everyone seemed to enjoy the show emmensly. Many NJU folks there. I would turn and look at the center section and everyone was smiling and laughing. At the end, there was a full standing ovation.

Stage door went very quickly. It seemed we were waiting about 5 minutes and there he was! Blue Carolina hoodie (no shirt visible under it... ) And those light gray nylon sport pants that just BEG for cheek pinching. Luckily I know my place! Hannah came out in the end and I didn't see her put her hands on BF...he may have already gone back inside. Rick (Lancelot) was out there and signed alot of playbills too.

A young couple came up to us as Clay went inside and asked who was here? She was surprised to see so many people at a barricade. We said it was Clay Aiken. And she had a happy smile on her face and said "Oh...wow!" like it was really cool. That too always makes me happy!

austenfan at CB wrote:

The audience was great. The show had an amazing energy. For a week night there was a great crowd and it looked really full. Clay got big laughs on just about every phrase during the tower scene. His timing was spot on. He and Lancelot (Rick Holmes) and the King (Jonathan Hadary) had great timing together. Clay had his boots back on as last show I remember he didn't wear the boots over his pants. I guess when the pants are perfect you want folks to see -em. Clay was really dancing and jumping tonight. There was a great 'bounce' to his step. Makes me think things are going well for him.

There was a standby playing the role of Bevedere and he was really good. Actually I think he got more laughs than the original guy. It infused some new energy into the show. The Knights Who Say Ni did a song about looking for women on the street and Client #9. The audience went wild. And then he said 'This was paid for by Elliot Spitzer and people just lost it The audience wouldn't stop laughing and the King could not get control of himself to do his line. He kept starting his line and breaking up. Clay was laughing a bit but held it together. But the king was doubling over. Finally one of the actors just says 'We were doing Spamalot' and people cracked up even more. Finally they got it together and went on with it. But it was so much fun. People were ecstatic from the joy of it all.

Sometimes when the laughter is that strong the audience can need to recover so it can quiet down the next scenes. But Clay and the other actors just took the great reaction and built on it. Clay's put some 'body english' into his 'musical' theater line and got huge laughs. The audience burst into applause after the first part of 'You Won't Succeed On Broadway'. Again Clay got a laugh on every phrase. He was so animated and every inflection was perfect. And we got a huge, full, all out, couldn't get any better 'raising of the tunic'. What a lovely scene....and I was pretty far from the stage so Clay really 'projected'. Clay's voice on the 'Oy' notes was amazing. He sang so full and rich and strong. Yet he was so funny.

I think after the extended laugh from the Knights of Ni the actors tried to go through the Tower and Guard scenes a little more quickly. Or maybe it was just the high energy. But wow...the audience was rolling on the floor from the Guard scene. The Diva's Lament is focused more on singing so the audience got a bit of a chance to recover there. And Clay has added so many laughs to the Brother Maynard bit. He added this thing where he adjusts his glasses alot as he's reading the book and he gots loads of laughs from that. Very British Clergy....delivery which I think adds so much. He reads the number part with pauses in all the right places and it's working so well. The physical comedy part of that character is just growing by leaps and bounds.

Also Clay's soiling scenes are so funny. The audience is bursting into big applause for them. His reaction is both realistic and broad at the same time if that's possible. His expressions are just priceless. Another cute bit is when Clay dismounts the 'horse' at the French castle and mimes tying up the horse and petting the horse. Sweet. And his 'quail' 'boat' 'dinner cruise comments' got great reactions. Perfect sense of confusion there. There's a kindness to Clay's Sir Robin. The entire audience stood up at the end of the show and they were cheering wildly. Just a great show all around

A polaroid scan from kimiye (CH)

http://home.earthlink.net/~ch_geekette/peasantelgordo.jpg

stripedshirts at CV wrote:

I really have to hand it to Rick Holmes/Knights of Ni for having given me the biggest laughs tonight, based on the song parody done to 'Love Potion no. 9', as this week sure has become open season on former Gov. Eliot Spitzer. He smartly filled in lyrics w/ something like 'picking up hookers down Holywood and Vine.....it's because I'm Client Number Nine....' ohh - I can't remember but I really should, because this latest delivery got some of the biggest bellyaching laughs tonight from the folks sitting around me, in additional to the gasps of shock & the mouths that are hanging open, plus the 'oh sh*t', & the 'oh my god's' uttered by people who were just blown away by the joke.

Tom Deckman had to suck his cheeks in & I'll bet he was biting them from the inside to keep himself from cracking up. Then he put his hand up against his temples to briefly hide his face. Clay pressed his lips tightly together & held an index finger against them to keep from breaking - but had to turn to David Hibbard to restrain himself. Both guys exchanged glances & managed to keep a semi-straight face, but their crinkled eyes completely gave them away - they were totally amused. I'd love to know how those other knights of Ni, who were heavily costumed under a headpiece & dress, keep from shaking from laughter because some of the things Rick would pull - but I'll never know since they're completely cloaked.

But the best reaction was from King Arthur, whose face was just crimson - Rick just stood there w/ almost a half-cocked grin waiting for King Arthur to compose himself, but it was almost another 20 secs., & a reminder from Rick that 'This is Spamalot' before Arthur was able to work his lines. Arthur had to rush into '& what is this task, oh Artist Formerly known as the Knights who say Ni?' The reactions around the stage for that scene was just classic, & it's times like these I wish we could have footage of it, because to me it's one of the funniest scenes ever.

Miscellaneous mentions:

The understudy for Brad Oscar, who plays Bedevere, was actually quite good.....Anthony Holds is the name. He's quite tall...may well be 6'3, completely towering over everyone else, with a booming voice & quite lithe in his dance movements. Good accent too. I think this guy has good potential to get picked up elsewhere for a more meatier role.

It was nice to see the lovely Hannah for a few minutes (she came out 10 mins. after Clay finished signing) She said Brad's knee has been bothering him, so he's taking a brake.

Back to Rick Holmes for a bit. This Monday, he participated as a reader for an event called, "Celebrity Autobiography', where he read a passage from Kenny Loggin's book, "The Unimaginable Life: Lessons Learned on the Path of Love" He was one of several who came, including Sherri Shepherd from The View & Matthew Broderick to read. Part of the proceeds from this event help The Actors Fund. More about Celebrity Autobiography can be found here. Nice of them all to come out for a good cause. Cute pics of Rick too

& Clay's got an absolutely beautiful butt...need we clarify that? a very appreciated booty-flash tonight where he lifted his skirt high just enough to get that applebottom showing, before plopping down on the bench. oh, to be that bench every night...I'd gladly accept a paltry payment of peanuts just to hold up those fine pair of buns.

lsdollylovesclay at CB wrote:

Stagedoor Photo from Wednesday Night...

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/lsdo...amwednesday.jpg

here's one more..it's a little blurry, but nice neck!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/lsdo...mwednesdaya.jpg

*passes bottlecap a box of kleenex while she waits (and waits.... and waits.... and waits....) for Sir Robin to arrive on the scene*

Thanks for bringing those recaps over, ldyj. I'm amazed that I never get tired of reading them and smiling and thinking how I can't wait to see it all for myself!

I'm a little afraid to go out today. At least I'm getting my biorhythm-bottoming out of the way before going to New York in April. I sure don't want any more broken toes for that trip.

kf, :bighug: May I suggest you stand well back of the barricade at SD too.....you know....just in case ;) We love ya, but we love Clay more. Not really. Well, yea, really. No. j/k....

Really. Nah.

Well, yea.

I'm making a list so I don't forget any stagedoor supplies: Playbill, sharpie, camera, partner to distract Jerome, large towel...

Can you add to that list keepingfaith's biorhythm-MEDS please!

ldyjocelyn
Besides -- the state of the world today -- I blame Clive Davis. *g*

Clive Davis, my butt...you know perfectly well all the troubles in the world can ultimately be traced back to the original epitome of evil - Simon Cowell!

iblameray.gif

Nope. You're all wrong. I lay full blame squarely on Yellow Sweater Girl! Because well........who the hell has a name like that anyway. Seriously :shrug:

Sending Get Well HUGS to all others here who are fighting THE CRUD. I'm no longer contagious so it's ok, right?

edited because loinger isn't the same as longer. Or is it? *snort*

kf, :bighug: May I suggest you stand well back of the barricade at SD too.....you know....just in case ;)

Hmmm. Do you think Clay could step on my foot? Or poke me with a Sharpie?

I just have one more little thingy to add about Idol last night. I'm a Ruben fan, to a point, but that version of Celebrate Me Home was journeyman at best. I don't think that's going to kickstart his career.

Or poke me with a Sharpie?

kf! I'm shocked and extremely disappointed in you! The idea! You talk about Clay poking you and then mention a Sharpie? :blink: WTF? Surely you jest.

If Clay's going to do any poking on ME, it won't be with no damned Sharpie :hubbahubba: and you can take THAT to the bank!

I just have one more little thingy to add about Idol last night. I'm a Ruben fan, to a point, but that version of Celebrate Me Home was journeyman at best. I don't think that's going to kick start his career.

I don't think a kick start is the aim of TPTB, just a way to mitigate questions about whatever happened to Ruben, given that AI Rewind is covering season two and also to preserve whatever credibility the show has as a vehicle that finds successful artists.

Or poke me with a Sharpie?

kf! I'm shocked and extremely disappointed in you! The idea! You talk about Clay poking you and then mention a Sharpie? :blink: WTF? Surely you jest.

If Clay's going to do any poking on ME, it won't be with no damned Sharpie :hubbahubba: and you can take THAT to the bank!

Unless that's his cute nickname for...er...

nm

:F_05BL17blowkiss: one and all...hope everyone is feeling better. If not, I hope Sir Robin will play doctor and come over to give you an injection. *eye waggle*

Broadway.com

Rosie O'Donnell Visits Clay Aiken at Spamalot

How do you know you've made a splash on Broadway? You start getting visits from celebs. Case in point: Rosie O'Donnell and wife Kelli popped in on Idol wunderkind Clay Aiken, who recently made his Broadway debut in Spamalot. We caught the couple enthusiastically congratulating Aiken backstage at the Shubert Theatre on March 11. The O'Donnells will be heading to the Mexican Riviera next week on one of their fab R Family Vacations cruises, while Aiken will continue entertaining droves of his devoted fans on the Great White Way.

Make sure you view all 6 pictures. There are a few stage door shots in there.

See, I think that's the point of the large towel dealie discussion from this morning - to prevent any potentially dangerous extremities and whatnot from protruding and causing damage. You wouldn't want somebody to get an eye poked out in a scuffle or something.

Nope. You're all wrong. I lay full blame squarely on Yellow Sweater Girl! Because well........who the hell has a name like that anyway. Seriously :shrug:

untitled.jpg

Close one eye and squint.....it's there....the resemblance is definitely there. *Snort* My fantasies run deep, dontcha know? Yellow Sweater Girl has a name like that, which is better than Mauve Sweater Girl who's initials would be MSG. *Groan*

Does anyone have a recipe for dog biscuits? I'm going to run out in about a week and haven't been able to find anymore.

I see luckiest one in the crowd in those pix on Broadway.com!

:F_05BL17blowkiss: one and all...hope everyone is feeling better. If not, I hope Sir Robin will play doctor and come over to give you an injection. *eye waggle*

Broadway.com

Rosie O'Donnell Visits Clay Aiken at Spamalot

How do you know you've made a splash on Broadway? You start getting visits from celebs. Case in point: Rosie O'Donnell and wife Kelli popped in on Idol wunderkind Clay Aiken, who recently made his Broadway debut in Spamalot. We caught the couple enthusiastically congratulating Aiken backstage at the Shubert Theatre on March 11. The O'Donnells will be heading to the Mexican Riviera next week on one of their fab R Family Vacations cruises, while Aiken will continue entertaining droves of his devoted fans on the Great White Way.

Make sure you view all 6 pictures. There are a few stage door shots in there.

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! The lady in the hat in picture three? That's luckiest1's daughter, crimsonice! And luckiest1 is in picture four! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Kareneh, Rachel Ray just did a Food Network show on feeding pets. Here is her recipe for Doggie Buscotti.

BC - no more sick people - the illness quotient has been reached by this board!!!! Stay well and travel far. Why do you stop at Ray anyways? Why not blame Vernon?

{b]CG. don't ever run a bar - alcohol and reliion or politics is a bit dangerous - wait do people drink while they read this board? Mea Culpa, I just had a discussion before posting that got me all politically riled up, I would be better off drinking instead of whining. Wait, I was just talking about politics with a member of this board - I need to get a drink now instead of posting!

From what I have seen/heard - the barrier is hard to penetrat at the stage door. Besides people who arrive from other theaters, there are people who pushingand shoving. Iguess the better weather is bringing everyone out. I may have to give up hope of getting my poster autographed by the otehrs, although some people enjoy the hoopla more than others (Taunter/Lancelot, I am looking at you! But you are great, so enjoy this time.)

I am starting to think that I would like to go for another show after Clay leaves and see people and how they do. I better see better numbers this week!!!

Oh great Chrysler is shutting down for two weeks without pay or notice. Those poor people. On the other hand there is a plastic catapiller toy for children that apparently does not recite the alphbet, but swears! What are they trying to teach kids today?

OK, I need to stop watching the news and play with the dog and mail out magnets to people who are waiting for them! They need their Sir Robin!

Oh my goodness what a bonus for them! They get a picture with Clay at the same time as the trip! I love it!!!

Clay has more pokey things than just chest hairs. That's all I'm sayin'. :whistling-1:

I kinda felt bad for Ruben actually. You could hardly hear the song and the show certainly didn't 'pimp' him any...just a casual 'tag line' to the song. I wasn't overly impressed with the little I heard, but then again...I swear it's so hard to appreciate a song once Clay's done me so good with his rendition. :hubbahubba:

I came to work, I did some work, I'm going home. Feel horrendous. Look worse. Will head straight to be and wait for Sir Robin to nurse me back to health (or wear me out in the best possible way :Thud:)

Later, peeps.... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

ETA: I wish there had been something like this on broadway.com with Clay and Tyra... :whistling-1:

just sayin'......

See, I think that's the point of the large towel dealie discussion from this morning - to prevent any potentially dangerous extremities and whatnot from protruding and causing damage. You wouldn't want somebody to get an eye poked out in a scuffle or something.

Actually, I'm kinda hoping he aims much lower than my eye! :whistling-1:

kareneh wrote:

Does anyone have a recipe for dog biscuits? I'm going to run out in about a week and haven't been able to find anymore.

My MIL's pancakes my just do the trick!! Let me know if you get desparate and I'll get you the recipe. I think it may require some sort of cement or somesuch composite material. I need to look into it a bit further...

the barrier is hard to penetrat at the stage door

Well if anyone can do it, Clay can! :hubbahubba:

Thanks for posting the site/pics of Rosie & Clay, laughn, but I'm concerned about who the *&$#@ is holding that thing in picture #5! WTF?

Great post, Claygasm (really, sincerely, great post)...but just to be clear, I don't run away from politics or stick my head in the sand about issues. I have no difficulty understanding the relative importance of Clay Aiken versus world affairs or my responsibility to do the work to educate myself about the candidates...but...since there are many other avenues for me to discuss these concerns, I'd rather not bring them here, to the main page of a fun Clay Aiken fan board.

That's all.

If a separate thread were to spring up on this board where these things can be talked about with actual civility, I might be interested. However, my experience in other forums has shown how quickly real conversation can be shut down when players for the various sides insist The Others are unmitigated a-holes. This is true of religion, politics, or any other emotionally-charged subject.

Or, what KAndre said. :)

I'm here to Find Clay Aiken - in a place where fans of Clay come to PLAY. Doesn't mean I'm unwilling to face or unprepared to deal with the nitty-gritty of "real life".

(((keepingfaith)))

I agree--- Since we don't really know what many do in RL, the statement about running away would be very unfair, and only hurts people's feeling and actually felt somewhat insulting.

I agree--- Since we don't really know what many do in RL, the statement about running away would be very unfair, and only hurts people's feeling and actually felt somewhat insulting.

Well, I have wanted to add this for a few hours, so I'll go ahead and add it now. Speaking of hurt feelings, I am sorry if anyone felt shot down or shut down by MY opinions about discussion topics here. That was not my intention. I truly do value your opinions, too, including your sense of urgency about the state of the world. And I wouldn't want to hurt my new friend, Claygasm for anything. (You either, play, and I mean it - anybody want a peanut?)

(((hugs))), yo!

It seems lately everytime I come here I am reporting sad news. We got a phone call at 3:30am that my MIL died last night. We are waiting for all of the details. Her youngest son lived with her and he was the one who called us. We inturn called and left messages for my husbands other two sisters to call us. One is a flight attendant for Southwest, so she may be up in the air.

At the same time my youngest sons friend at age 23 was found dead in his bed this week. I am so tired of this black cloud overhead. I am suppose to go to Arizonia next Sunday, I so need a break.

On a much happier note. Clay looks so happy in those pictures with Rosey. I am loving the hair.

Great post, Claygasm (really, sincerely, great post)...but just to be clear, I don't run away from politics or stick my head in the sand about issues. I have no difficulty understanding the relative importance of Clay Aiken versus world affairs or my responsibility to do the work to educate myself about the candidates...but...since there are many other avenues for me to discuss these concerns, I'd rather not bring them here, to the main page of a fun Clay Aiken fan board.

That's all.

If a separate thread were to spring up on this board where these things can be talked about with actual civility, I might be interested. However, my experience in other forums has shown how quickly real conversation can be shut down when players for the various sides insist The Others are unmitigated a-holes. This is true of religion, politics, or any other emotionally-charged subject.

Or, what KAndre said. :)

I'm here to Find Clay Aiken - in a place where fans of Clay come to PLAY. Doesn't mean I'm unwilling to face or unprepared to deal with the nitty-gritty of "real life".

(((keepingfaith)))

Just to be clear (which I thought I was...)I was talking in generalities. I wasn't referring to anyone here. I was talking in general about the state of the people in this country! It was a general rant inspired by, but not referring to, posts made here.

So no need to have hurt feelings or to feel insulted.

Now, if you were Clive or yellow sweater girl, then you could be insulted

I'm so sorry, {{{gbmifan}}}.