#28: The man's a joy magnet!

ldyjocelyn

New Thread Title  

44 members have voted

1. 1. WEEEEEEEEEE How many mods does it take to put up a new thread title...and which one do you want?

• Winning people over all the time
    • More kool-aid for me, please.
    • WHERE'S THE SMUT???!!!!!
    • ....having a verra verra good time!
    • Things are progressing!
    • Hannah is My Hero
    • Be warned. He's quite lethally cute!
    • My pocket book is groaning but I'm happy. Sigh.
    • songs chosen by Clay
    • EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It's really happening!
    • he's teasing us, ya'll!
    • Put the kiddies to bed; this is gonna get good.
    • Holy mother of GUH!!!!!!!
    • I don't give a s**t what Clay chooses to sing on his CD. It's his choice. I'm happy with that.
    • Did you know GUH was not an acceptable scrabble word?
    • He sings, he dances?he drinks tap water?
    • in my mind I will cheerfully add "all the way to the bank".
    • I'm just happy happy. What else can I say? shrug.gif Thanks fer the koolaid?

Brief Show info from Cotton:

Cotton just called again.... She said to let everyone know that Brad Oscar is being replace by Anthony Holds tonight &

she just walked right past yellow sweater girl.... hmmmm...what's up with that?????

Kim

:blink:

hmmm did we conjure up yellow sweater girl by talking about her today..quck..everybody start thinking about a million dollars.

Yeah that! Among other things.... :P

Feel better, Couchie. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

hmmm did we conjure up yellow sweater girl by talking about her today..quck..everybody start thinking about a million dollars.

Well, this just tickled my funny bone! :cryingwlaughter:

It helped alot! I had a long sucky day talking about who to surplus and who to keep... some days I hate my job... So I'm drowning my sorrow with red wine and cheese... it's sorta helping... :cry4:

Heh. We were just talking about yellow sweater girl, and she shows up. Maybe she's a member here? *g*

Or maybe she just has...access to a member?

What.

I'm sorry! I'm sorry! It's the darn suggestive impudent curly nape hair!

Exhibit B:

245492809-M.jpg?t=1205455823

I'm tellin' ya! Temptation! Nape curls, get thee behind me!

On second thought, that is no deterrent at all.

(I'd think about a cold shower...but that would just remind me of warmly damp, lean hips...slung oh, so casually with...a rather large towel)

*sigh*

From CV:

Cotton just called again.... She said to let everyone know that Brad Oscar is being replace by Anthony Holds tonight

I was just checking out Anthony Holds website after I saw he was replacing Brad Oscar tonight and he is going to be replacment a few other actors in the weeks to come. Here is what his site says:

April 17 - 19, 2008

Anthony will play the role of Lancelot for four performances in MONTY PYTHON'S SPAMALOT at the Shubert Theatre Thursday through Saturday.

April 8, 2008

Anthony will play the role of Lancelot at this week's Tuesday evening performance of MONTY PYTHON'S SPAMALOT at the Shubert Theatre.

April 3 - 6, 2008

Anthony will play the role of King Arthur for six performances in MONTY PYTHON'S SPAMALOT at the Shubert Theatre Thursday through Sunday.

Ok, now I'm bummed about not only missing Chris Seiber when I go in April, but it seems Rick Holmes won't be there that weekend either. :crapsign:

Update on Cinnamon
OMG, akim! I had a kitty named Cinnamon! A beautiful long haired girl with a face that looked like someone had dipped their fingers in confectioner's sugar and then lightly brushed outward from her cute nose!

couchie, I feel ya', dawg! :F_05BL17blowkiss: and this CMSU

Ain't THAT the truth, girlfriend.

00lsee...you ARE :naughtywag: ...which says everything about the success factor of our life-long relationship :lilredani:

I notice that treenuts is posting more, now that there are many smutty innuendos...Let us smut.

Not quite sure what the Insider thing is...but if it's a dig on Clay my only question is WHY? I thought they LIKE Clay? Lordy, I can't keep all these media rags straight---all the slime runs together.

I slept from 1:15 to 6:00 pm...and am now in that small window of feeling a little better...had a hot dream that Clay was pitching with me---you know, throwing a baseball and catching it back and forth? That's pretty bizarre in itself, but add to that image the fact that he was naked while doing so and you got yourself and two-fer! :lmaosmiley-1: And while he was pitching I actually WILLED the amount of his body hair to decrease...and it did!

Something else INCREASED, however, and another 'two-fer' resulted...

Yep, I'm feeling a little better. :whistling-1:

(I'd think about a cold shower...but that would just remind me of warmly damp, lean hips...slung oh, so casually with...a rather large towel)

Are we talkin' plush Egyptian cotton or a rather flimsy terry cloth one? DETAILS!

It's important to the fantasy.

I notice that treenuts is posting more, now that there are many smutty innuendos...Let us smut.

If you must! heh

And muski, I'm glad you clarified exactly WHAT Clay was pitching. Awefully disappointed, but glad for the clarification anyway. You need to do somethin' about that. You're slippin'!!

Oh wait. NM LOL

Sigh - The insider is trying to post a rumor, so they have to fit Clay in to give the celebrity plug.

Is it true Rosie is trying to book Clay for her family cruises?
The answere is no, she has her eye on another idol, Danny Noreaga. Now, there was two things out there for them to talk about,and it is easy to jointhe to, but really, could a cruise trip afford Clay Aiken? I think not! There is probably quite a gap (sarcasm) between what Clay charges and what Noreaga charges.

It is about the money, people!

I didn't realize this was supposed to be a gay dig and that we should all be up in arms until I started reading elsewhere. :cryingwlaughter:

(I went to the M&M store in Times Square this weekend. I just ate waaaaay too many. I feel sick....)

Eeeeeeee!!! So good to see luckiest1 and crimsonice's happy, grinning-like-a-goof faces on Broadway.com!

They look like they're having a wonderful time!

OMFG!!!!! I just got home and saw those and I am in total shock! Now if I could just figure out print screen on my computer so I could save them to my hard drive!

We had the travel day from hell...........7 hours in JFK airport until we finally were allowed to take off. Recap is going to have to wait until tomorrow. And uploads from my camera (including stage door video from last night). All I have to say at this point is.....2nd row RAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! My life is complete. :cocktail:

Thanks, cindilu2! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

post-212-1205461751_thumb.jpg

post-212-1205461765_thumb.jpg

Eeeeeeee!!! So good to see luckiest1 and crimsonice's happy, grinning-like-a-goof faces on Broadway.com!

OMFG!!!!! I just got home and saw those and I am in total shock! Now if I could just figure out print screen on my computer so I could save them to my hard drive!

We had the travel day from hell...........7 hours in JFK airport until we finally were allowed to take off. Recap is going to have to wait until tomorrow. And uploads from my camera (including stage door video from last night). All I have to say at this point is.....2nd row RAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

luckiest, I have them for you...but it's going to have to wait until tomorrow, sorry, I'm pooched....and I'm sure you are too!

luckiest, I have them for you...but it's going to have to wait until tomorrow, sorry, I'm pooched....and I'm sure you are too!

Using Mozilla, I was able to right click and save all these. A pop-up says the photos are the property of Broadway.com, but they save anyway.

YSG! :chickendance: I found out about her just in time. Thanks, FCA! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

As far as what I saw of The Insider thing above, they're doing business off of Clay, just like everything else these days. It's because he's a celebrity with big name value. Also, I think Pat O'Brien was Clay's friend on Insider, and I read that he's out. On the shows that bank on sensationalism or comedy, whatever they say about anybody is usually exaggerated if not completely untrue, and unfair, unless there's some personal relationship involved. For some reason people put up with it. And I don't know why.

I've been oddly missing some reports from tonight, so I found these:

From CV

Cotton called again She LOVED it!!!!!!!!! Of course BF was WONDERFUL!!!

She was sitting 4 seats away from NY Senator Fuscillo . She said the Knights of Ni sang "if you want my body and you think I'm sexy" you can have it for $4500 and a train ride..the senator was ROFL....

No stage door and no reason was given....

(jasr9203 @ Mar 13 2008, 07:42 PM)

Speaking with Raleigh1 on the phone. She says most of the cast was out- Tom, Hannah, Rick- but no Clay. People seemed to think that professional photographers were there and perhaps an interview or something.

I think that's the crotch crux of it, too, keepingfaith. Clay is news, whatever he does---whomever he's with---whatever he says. Every single media outlet--legitimate or full of shit---knows that just mentioning Clay's name will bring viewers, readers or listeners, and that translates into $$$$$$$. I honestly don't think there are many true "friends" in the entertainment business whose motivations are based on loyalties or true feelings. It's all about the fucks bucks.

Ok...window of feeling decent is starting to close, so I'd better give the doggie a quick go around the block so that he doesn't burst---since older daughter's at play rehearsal, hubby's at softball board meeting, younger daughter is doing homework after just finishing softball practice---that leaves ME! as available for Shadow. I hope he appreciates this! :puppykiss:

My friend and I went to see Clay for the second time tonight. We saw Spamalot on Tuesday, Curtains (not nearly as good) last night, and Spamalot again tonight. We are stuck in the hotel from hell—DO NOT STAY AT THE PENNSYLVANIA HOTEL!!! We have no internet connection and they charge by the 1/2 hour in the lobby among [MULTIPLE] other sins.

Anyhow…..on to Clay now that I’ve finished my public service announcement.

I’ll tell you mostly about what I observed tonight because I was so enthralled on Tuesday that I could hardly control myself much less my memory. We were in the center section row C on Tuesday and in row B right beneath the tower tonight, so we were looking right up into Clay’s face. I was watching his long fingers. When he talked, he was playing with the strap on his helmet. Then, when he started to ignore King Arthur, he turned away (like ignoring him) for a moment and his fingers wrapped around the corner of the window. He used his hands a lot when he was talking. When he was talking about the swallows he had his fingers fanned out and made like a bird-flying, with the hands mimicking wings.

When he was talking about becoming a Knight with Lancelot, he says “It’s not all dressing up and dancing” and he kicked his leg up behind him. So cute.

When the “Not dead yet” guy is singing, Clay stands there with his mouth open and gaping, looking totally shocked. He’s wearing brown scuffed shoes, by the way. I checked them out up close.

When Sir Galahad meets up with the LOTL and she’s right up against him and says she’ll show him how [to be a knight] he gets this look on his face and bends a little and put his hands toward his crotch. (“DOWN!!”) It was incredibly funny. Later when SG was trying to get the orchestra to stop playing, he started swearing at them and gave them the one finger salute.

When Sir Robin came back out as a knight, he was wearing black shoes that had blotches of silver all over them. ( Not that I have a foot fetish.)

When Clay was dancing, his feet were lifting up as he was rocking back and forth.

When the dancing girls came out swinging the ball things (What ARE those things?) Clay looks just gleeful—big goofy grin and we could hear him say “Oh, look at that.” Honestly, he does joyful glee SO well.

Later, in the Vegas scene after he takes his glass he is just running around with his mouth open in a state of ecstasy. He was over to the side with Sir Galahad and he was shimmying like the girls were doing with such joyful abandon and then he kicked up his leg and grabbed at his hip as though it hurt.

Tonight I noticed that the nun was a male. I missed that before. I was probably too busy watching Clay sitting on the table looking amazed at the dancing.

When the BIG FEET of God descend from the sky, Clay put his head down and hands over his eyes. When he talked about someone swallowing the grail, his hand touched his chest.

I loved when Clay was waving that torch around and tottering over the mountain looking just so confused and scared.

When he did the slow motion, Clay bent WAY lower than the others. We’re talking serious thigh control here.

His riding through the 4 seasons was funny as he shivered for winter, tongue out for summer, and hands up to protect himself when the guy came with the water.

In the French taunter scene, Clay threw his leg over and talked to his horse. It was so sweet.

In the scenes where Clay gets scared or nervous, he tends to put his left gloves to his mouth and sort of chew on a finger.

When the GIANT wooden rabbit came out, Clay said, “OH WOW” and grabbed the rabbit. Later, when they realize that the rabbit is inside the French castle, and they aren’t inside the rabbit, Clay rubbed his face in dismay.

The cow hit Patsy on Tuesday but missed him by a mile today, so Patsy just stayed in the scene and carried on.

Right before intermission, when they were doing the “Run away, run away” part, Clay looked terrified and was screaming when he ran backstage.

After intermission, during the Brave Sir Robin song, Clay was swaggering and looking so proud until the words started getting through and he got more and more upset. When the guy sang “his penis split” Clay reached out and hit/grabbed the tambourine to stop the guy. It was so funny.

Clay is a brilliant pooper. Seriously. He let out a squeal, clutched his but with his hand and waddled off with one hand on his butt and the other in the air.

The Knights of Ni sang, “If you want my body, and you think it’s sexy, it’ll cost you $4500 for three hours” (or something like that—people were laughing so hard it was hard to hear.) Then, Ni and King Arthur were laughing and couldn’t go on for awhile. Finally, Ni said “Paid for by Elliot Spitzer.” And everyone just lost it. The audience was just howling. Finally Ni said, “Life’s a bitch, “ which brought on more gales of laughter.

OH YES, one little memory from Tuesday, Clay almost lost it at one point and was sort of clamping his mouth shut and trying so hard not to laugh—I think in this same scene about Spitzer (they did the same routine on Tuesday).

Clay just rocked on “You can’t succeed on Broadway if you don’t have any Jews.” He looked SO serious during the stomping and dance. Then, when he gets the yarmulke and the cane to dance, he called out “Papa, can you hear me?!” as he started to dance.

Clay is a great drunk—weaving a little, lower lip sort of out, glazed look on his face. The whole scene was just so funny. When Lance came running in and stabbed Clay, he opened his mouth, stuck out his tongue and fell over

Rabbit scene—Clay was laughing like crazy at the rabbit until it got vicious.

Brother Maynard was funny, as always. He just sort of tottered out and pushed his glasses up a couple of times when he was reading.

Clay looked so happy at the end and did his filled with glee look. Really, the man needs pants with a longer inseam. Fortunately, he doesn’t have them yet.

It was a great show.

Both Tuesday and tonight the houses were packed. There may have been a few stray empty seats, but I didn’t see them and there were people all the way to the top of the balcony both nights. VERY appreciate crowd. Everyone got big cheers, but I think the biggest cheers were for Clay.

Clay came out to sign but I couldn’t get near him on Tuesday because there were so many people. He didn’t come out tonight. Not sure why. I couldn’t hear what Jerome said—again BIG crowd of people waiting. I’m sure many were disappointed.

We’re going to see Avenue Q tomorrow and Spamalot again Saturday night before we leave town, but we’ve decided to try to get tickets for Saturday afternoon as well. We just can’t resist.

(This report may travel.)

Really, the man needs pants with a longer inseam. Fortunately, he doesn’t have them yet.

It was a great show.

wanda... :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: Which show are you talking about??? :cryingwlaughter: Spamalot or Pantsalot???

Wanda, that is the longest post you've ever composed on this site. You usually post short, pithy, funny posts. But let me tell you, I really enjoyed your long post! :clap:

lucky, I'm thrilled for you and Crimson! What a wonderful keepsake of your meeting with Clay!! :nana:

Muski and Couchie, and whoever else is ill - I hope you feel better soon! :big hug:

Great recap wandacleo! :F_05BL17blowkiss: I love how you remembered all these little things here and there. I'm afraid I won't know my own name after I see the show.

Couchie and muski...cut it out you two! Time to get better!! Here....take two of these and call me in the morning...

spamwednesday.jpg

My friend and I went to see Clay

among [MULTIPLE] other sins.

He used his hands a lot

put his hands toward his crotch.

and gave them the one finger salute.

I have a foot fetish

he is just running around with his mouth open in a state of ecstasy.

and he was shimmying like the girls

Tonight I noticed that the nun was a male.

BIG FEET :flirtysmile3:

he talked about someone swallowing

I loved when Clay was waving that torch around

Clay bent WAY lower than the others. We're talking serious thigh control here. :surrender:

tongue out . It was so sweet.

"his penis split" ... It was so funny. :cry4:

Clay is a brilliant pooper. Seriously.

The audience was just howling.

Clay is a great drunk

he opened his mouth, stuck out his tongue and fell over

Really, the man needs pants with a longer inseam. Fortunately, he doesn't have them yet. :Thud:

It was a great show.

Clay came

He didn't come

I'm sure many were disappointed.

-------

(This report may travel.)

Great recap, wanda!! Most informative!

Did I miss anything?

:lipstick:

Libraries have free internet - Wandacleo !!!!! use your libraries!!!!! Bryant park is the big library.

All of the park is free wi-fi, and while you are there, there's a very interesting exhibit on Jack Kerouac in the NYPL main exhibit hall on the first floor.