#28: The man's a joy magnet!

ldyjocelyn

New Thread Title  

44 members have voted

1. 1. WEEEEEEEEEE How many mods does it take to put up a new thread title...and which one do you want?

• Winning people over all the time
    • More kool-aid for me, please.
    • WHERE'S THE SMUT???!!!!!
    • ....having a verra verra good time!
    • Things are progressing!
    • Hannah is My Hero
    • Be warned. He's quite lethally cute!
    • My pocket book is groaning but I'm happy. Sigh.
    • songs chosen by Clay
    • EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It's really happening!
    • he's teasing us, ya'll!
    • Put the kiddies to bed; this is gonna get good.
    • Holy mother of GUH!!!!!!!
    • I don't give a s**t what Clay chooses to sing on his CD. It's his choice. I'm happy with that.
    • Did you know GUH was not an acceptable scrabble word?
    • He sings, he dances?he drinks tap water?
    • in my mind I will cheerfully add "all the way to the bank".
    • I'm just happy happy. What else can I say? shrug.gif Thanks fer the koolaid?

:blink:EEEEkkk! The mandels. I hatez them. :blink:

:cryingwlaughter: I rarely, if ever, post about anything Clay-related that I'm not totally thrilled with, but I hope I'll be forgiven if I agree with you about this one!!

And yet, even when some of his clothing choices make me think WTF?? it still just kind of tickles me that he's so quirky and different, and doesn't really care if he's cool, or hip, or stylish. I really love that about him!

I love that picture, treenuts! Clay looks so good there that I'm about ecstatic myself for his apparent happiness.

What a day here. I've accomplished nothing but had a good time not doing it. First nice thing was walking outside and discovering that it was actually WARM today and the sea birds were overly vocal. And seeing the kids in their topdown sportscars already showing off tans and having a fun day means April can't be far away ... and NYC for me!!!!

But the best thing for me today was running some errands and hearing the entire 1970 Live at the Fillmore East version of Cowgirl in the Sand on the radio . Talk about a blast from the past -- a 16+ minute song on the radio!

I watched Rewind and nobody compared to Clay. He owned Billy Joel week, vocally and physically. He does look exceptionally hot in blue and black! KAndre, I too loved that "tick" at Simon you mentioned -- he was showing his goods! I thought Carmen had the weakest performance, by far, but sending Kimberme home was the right thing to do, just on general principles. It wasn't my favorite Ruben performance because I prefer Velvet Teddybear to Scratchy The Bear, and besides, that song has always made me want to barf. "Don't go changing just to please me" -- don't worry about it Billy Boy. I'm just SO not a Billy Joel fan ... and although (for me) Clay single-handedly brought it to a whole 'nother level in Top 7 week with Tell Her About It, no one else fared better than meh for my tastes. Still, when Clay's on TV I lap it up like a dog. He's so freaking CUTE!

What's wrong with the mandals? I saw them on some guys today and I think they're almost uniform. Please, let those cute little piggies breathe!

Now the blond hair parted like that ... I could easily sacrifice to darker hair with long bangs ... just sayin' ....

Ha I had a laugh today. I am shopping for a new car and I want one that has the Sync system in it. One of the cars I was looking at had the connector for the iPod and a USB port for a flash drive in the center console. The young guy says you know you can get something called a Flash drive really cheap and put music on it. He says all I would need is a 1gb! Ha! That wouldn't even come close to what I would need! I said who only buys a 1gb? He said most people! I guess then I am not most people.

The look on his face was priceless! This "seasoned" woman was discussing the merits of iPods over Flash drives like I knew what I was talking about! He seemed a little surprised that I knew about all the latest "stuff". You know it is so much fun to play with their little pre-conceived ideas about us mature folks!

Another salesman thought he had to explain Bluetooth to me! Still didn't buy a new car but had fun anyway!

The weather here today is just great! In the 80s.

merrieeee... ain't it great. I love football and get strange looks when I start discussing the game with a guy and I know as much or more than they do... LOVE it!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Oh yesss!!!! (tm Sir Robin)

Quick does anyone have a really big picture of the Mandals?? :cryingwlaughter:

merrieeee... but, but, I think they are new and therefore not gross yet and it's nice to see his toesies. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Do you really want to go there, merrieeee? Really?

snowflake_tumbling_md_wht.gifsnowflake_tumbling_md_wht.gifsnowflake_tumbling_md_wht.gifsnowflake_tumbling_md_wht.gif

bottle... :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: you guys crack me up!!!

:cryingwlaughter: I rarely, if ever, post about anything Clay-related that I'm not totally thrilled with, but I hope I'll be forgiven if I agree with you about this one!!

And yet, even when some of his clothing choices make me think WTF?? it still just kind of tickles me that he's so quirky and different, and doesn't really care if he's cool, or hip, or stylish. I really love that about him!

Heh...but in some circles, men's sandals are cool, hip, and stylish...and his also look expensive. Not a look everyone likes, sure, but for me, there's something vulnerable about those slender bare toes. Those long, agile toes might curl rather nicely under the right circumstances.

Love the bright smile. Whatever is pleasing him so mightily, may it ever continue...or get even better. When he's happy, I'm happy.

Dropping off some stage door pretties from today, posted by butterflyshine at CV:

i did my stage door thingy....so i have pretties....a fair amount, so don't mind me while i post ho...a bit :

IMG_0274_filtered.jpg

IMG_0275_filtered.jpg

IMG_0276_filtered.jpg

IMG_0278_filtered.jpg

IMG_0283_filtered.jpg

IMG_0284_filtered.jpg

IMG_0285_filtered.jpg

Heh...but in some circles, men's sandals are cool, hip, and stylish...and his also look expensive. Not a look everyone likes, sure, but for me, there's something vulnerable about those slender bare toes. Those long, agile toes might curl rather nicely under the right circumstances.

Love the bright smile. Whatever is pleasing him so mightily, may it ever continue...or get even better. When he's happy, I'm happy.

LOL, I guess maybe I'M the uncool one, then! :cryingwlaughter: (It's ok, I agree!)

As to that beautiful, happy, smiling face- AMEN, sistah!

Thanks for the pretties, annabear. How's your Sir Robin bear coming along???

ETA- Awwww, I love Billy Joel! He's one of the few artists (besides Clay, of course!) that I've seen in concert multiple times! (And I believe I've seen Clay over 10x as many times as BJ!)

The first song my hubby and I danced to at our wedding...Billy Joel's "Don't Go Changing". I cringe everytime I watch our wedding video and hear that song...have no idea why I picked that song when there are so many others I could have chosen from.

Kim

And a few more from today, again courtesy of butterflyshine at CV:

and some more:

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0287_filtered.jpg

IMG_0288_filtered.jpg

IMG_0289_filtered.jpg

IMG_0290_filtered.jpg

IMG_0291_filtered.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

You're welcome! Thanks for asking..... um, well.... he's currently sitting nekkid in my dining room.... Hee! I got off track the last couple of weeks, too tired to do much in the evenings after work from fighting off the crud. I'm planning to work on him tomorrow & hopefully finish up. I did get his armor done -

DSC00658.jpg

Just need to whip up his chainmail! ;)

You're welcome! Thanks for asking..... um, well.... he's currently sitting nekkid in my dining room.... Hee! I got off track the last couple of weeks, too tired to do much in the evenings after work from fighting off the crud. I'm planning to work on him tomorrow & hopefully finish up. I did get his armor done -

DSC00658.jpg

Just need to whip up his chainmail! ;)

AWWWW, he looks like he's going to be adorable. Can't wait to see the finished product. Now, if only it was the 'real" Sir Robin nekkid in your (MY!) dining room!

clickable. Those eyes...*sigh*

th_thoseeyes-2.jpg

GUH. GURGLE. SIGH.

Crops from butterflyshine.... more eyes to sigh about....

IMG_0281.jpg

IMG_0281a.jpg

IMG_0281bb.jpg

I don't particularly care for the mandels, but the rest of that pic with Shannon makes up for them. YUMMMMM, he's a fantastic tall drink of water! And the pics of the eyes are killing me. THUD!!

Last year I celebrated my birthday by getting my first tattoo. Maybe next year I'll celebrate by getting another one, as a way to commemorate my big birthday!

Hey Gibby, I hear body piercings can have a similar effect. Say for instance next time you get nipple rings....NOw THAT would certainly "take your mind off your age" and possibly everythng else for at least a good full week!! ouch :imgtongue:

BWAH, treenuts! Actually, the tattoo didn't hurt all that much, but it was kind of uncomfortable for awhile. It's a fairly large tattoo on my lower back. I've thought about getting a belly button ring. Heeee, that would be a fun thing to do on my next birthday. My 15 year old daughter would want to come with me to get one, too!

Happy Belated Birthday, Gibby!!! How come we didn't know this yesterday??? Were you holding out on us?

I can outdo you on angst over birthdays... my oldest daughter turns the big 4.0. this May! I am not old enough to have a 40 yr old kid, sorry, I'm just not. Really! Gibby, I have learned not to worry about the number of birthdays I have had. I feel a good ten years younger than my age and I'm having more fun than I did ten years ago, so who cares. Congrats on your camera!!!

Thanks, liney! I wasn't holding out on you; I just forgot to put my birthday in my profile. It wasn't until the end of the day that I realized that I hadn't told anyone here it was my birthday. And I totally agree about having more fun now than ever before. I've found that I've become more confident, carefree and spontaneous as I've gotten older, which results in more fun!!

Why the fuck heck don't I live in NYC? Eeeep, I think I'm developing PSD - post Spamalot depression. :cry4: Those gorgeous pictures aren't helping much. :cryingwlaughter:

I just watched AI Rewind. One word - an.ti.ci.pa.tion. Get the rest over with so Clay can sing! I thought Kim Locke did great, but otherwise, the rest were pretty meh. And as much as I like some of Billy Joel's music, the man gets on my nerves. Just wish he's STFU. But Clay? OMG, the wait was so worth it. :hubbahubba:

I've been so domestic today, cleaning out cupboards and closets, and making new recipes. Too bad none of it is working to take my mind off where I really want to be. I have to find a way back.

Hey gang! Mom is doing fine, although she looks weak after her surgery. But...hey! She's almost 87 years old! She deserves to feel a bit week after surgery earlier!

merrieeee, I always tell people that my interest in Clay Aiken has made me learn soooooooooo much about technology. 5 years ago, I barely knew how to burn a damn CD. Now I can do so much -- and many of you out there know more than I do.

Scarlett!!! I'm glad you checked in, and I hope you're having fun in NYC with boyfriend!

That picture with him and Shannon just makes me laugh and laugh, just 'cause of the mandals. I totally agree with laljeterfan in that it seems he just wears what he wants to, you know? And you're right 00lsee -- some areas of the country, I'm sure mandals are hip and cool and all that jazz. But in others....not so much. Thing is -- does it really matter? As I said, he just seems to wear things that make him happy, and I like that.

OTOH, for some reason....the close ups of his eyes do nothing for me. To me (opinion only) he looks really rather tired. I think for me, I need the eyes and the SMILE together to make me really swoon.

Jerome is looking fine, I must say.

annabear, the bear is sooooo cute!

Happy belated birthday Gibby!!!!!!! You sly person, you! And you're only as old as you feel, you know?

OTOH, for some reason....the close ups of his eyes do nothing for me. To me (opinion only) he looks really rather tired. I think for me, I need the eyes and the SMILE together to make me really swoon.

I agree, ldyjocelyn...those smile photos, with the smiling eyes, are lethal. And yeah, I think he looks a bit tired. The main reason I cropped that particular photo was to highlight the beauty in what was otherwise a rather awkward expression. He really does have the loveliest eyes. I never tire of looking at them.

I'm so curious what he's going to look like during album promo. Squeee!!

:)

I think he looks tired, too...and I can't imagine how he could NOT look tired! Lordy! Good thing he has such...stamina, you know? :hubbahubba:

Saw this in a recap on CH and it CMSU!

Yes, the theater was full all around. Had to chuckle because there was a guy sitting two rows behind me and at intermission he said something about Clay Aiken being in the show and the lady next to him, said she was a fan. I heard the guy saying something about Clay looking shorter than he thought he was and the fan responded that Clay is 6'1 and that he wears a size 13 shoe. Had to giggle at that one and then I heard her say, if there's anything else you want to know, just ask me.

BWAH! Wonder if she had the guy's social security number by the time he left?

I'm afraid. I am very afraid. Jamie reportedly was there and then I read this:

CV reports he's had a haircut. Flatironed very straight and parted on side, some falling over his forehead. I'm skeered to see it.

:fca:

But then I read this and it made me very happy, especially the bolded part!

Reports from the CV cellcert tonight say the crowd at the stage door was huge, six to eight people deep at the barricade, some were sitting up on other's shoulders to take pictures, the street totally filled with people, much excitement!

People walking by were amazed and saying "It's just like Beatlemania"!

:lilredani:

I just finished watchinhg AIR and I am wondering just one thing - How in the hell did they let Carmen go out on that stage with that thar Green Acres ensemble on :-o Yikes! I had to cover one eye to keep from ffing thru the recording. I'm a glutten for punishment I guess.

Oh yea, and there was this Clay fella that sang good too.

I think Spam is the reason. I'm hoping the momentum of this and especially the new CD launch will help take it's place as a rejuvinator for him, cause I think he's gonna miss this/them/us @ SD more than he realises right now! :wub:

Speaking of Spam, did I miss something or were there any further reports of whatever the minor hoopla - "no shoving" - thing was about?? I'll take any scraps you wanna toss out there. heh

Cg, I FLOVE this:

People walking by were amazed and saying "It's just like Beatlemania"!

It reminds me of the time when Toni Tennille mentioned as she watched Clay and the fans during the Sedaka tribute that it reminded her of "the bobbysoxers" w/Sinatra!

He's such a supah-stah y'all :)le sigh

Found buried on the inte4rnet and not on a Clay Message board.

So, yeah, that's the biggest development since I last updated. Other than that, I've turned 16, went to New York City for my birthday (where I saw Spamalot and FREAKING MET CLAY AIKEN WHO CALLED ME DARLING), gotten my driver's license, and now posses a red Toyota Tacoma pick up :D

slowandeasy at CV wrote:

OH! I forgot to say ... at the stagedoor, I asked him if he puts his makeup on himself each night. To which he replied, "Yeah, they make me do EVERYTHING!" It was very cute. So then I asked him if he'd teach me how to put eyeliner on - his is pretty darn good! Paraphrasing here, but he said something like, "No, I'm not that good. I poke myself in the eye with the pencil a lot." Or something to that effect - the Aiken fog set in after he looked my way!!

At first glance I thought "how impressive :hubbahubba::clap: and quick somebody get that man some protective eyewear"!

Ooooooh, he looks all dressed up for something! Look at those boots! And I'm not seeing a difference in the hair.

Heh, for the record, to my knowledge, Clay didn't call Stuart darling, nor does he own a red Toyota Tacoma. :cryingwlaughter: