#28: The man's a joy magnet!

ldyjocelyn

New Thread Title  

44 members have voted

1. 1. WEEEEEEEEEE How many mods does it take to put up a new thread title...and which one do you want?

• Winning people over all the time
    • More kool-aid for me, please.
    • WHERE'S THE SMUT???!!!!!
    • ....having a verra verra good time!
    • Things are progressing!
    • Hannah is My Hero
    • Be warned. He's quite lethally cute!
    • My pocket book is groaning but I'm happy. Sigh.
    • songs chosen by Clay
    • EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It's really happening!
    • he's teasing us, ya'll!
    • Put the kiddies to bed; this is gonna get good.
    • Holy mother of GUH!!!!!!!
    • I don't give a s**t what Clay chooses to sing on his CD. It's his choice. I'm happy with that.
    • Did you know GUH was not an acceptable scrabble word?
    • He sings, he dances?he drinks tap water?
    • in my mind I will cheerfully add "all the way to the bank".
    • I'm just happy happy. What else can I say? shrug.gif Thanks fer the koolaid?

I couldn't believe how close they were to the stage! And we could see the left tower fine. jmh123 and her friend (whose name I can't remember, please forgive me) came and sat down in the two seats right next to us, on the aisle, which was great, since I'd been trying to reach her so that we could meet up. Of course, she hadn't been online, and the phone I'd left a message on was her home phone (oops) so that's why! And then we saw Jerome appear in the right private box section across from us, and seat Rosie and her wife, which made crimsonice's night, because she is a huge Rosie fan. :) There was a gentleman behind us reading the program out loud to his wife, the Clay bio in particular. Heh, it was cool.

Is there a scan of that Bio page somewhere in this forum?

p.s. LOVE these stories, almost like being there myself. Well, hm, not really I guess. I HAVE been to NY, but not in the right decade....

I couldn't believe how close There was a gentleman behind us reading the program out loud to his wife, the Clay bio in particular. Heh, it was cool.

I couldn't find any at FCA (ldyj - clues?), but Clayversity has scans of the Spamalot Playbill. I can bring them over here this evening when I get home, if no one posts them before then.

ETA: let me try an attachment...

post-40-1205519113_thumb.jpg

Double-click

Thanks for posting that bottlecap. I'm really surprised that we didn't have that in our archives here.

BTW, if anyone wants Searching at FCA 101, PM me and I'll try to give some helpful handy-dandy hints. Or maybe I'll just start a thread....

It's finally here! whoo-hooo! My reader's picture from Cleveland...

Yes, I am really hating my smile, but I decided, 'meh.' It is what it is.

It's still really big even when I crop out all the blank wall and doorway that was originally showing.

I didn't even remember him getting this close to me until I saw the picture, then I remembered that he scooted extra close because of my arm in a sling. I was wondering a few weeks ago why it was that I couldn't remember putting my arm around him for the shot. Duh! lol

Mostly, I remember him turning back to me to give me a hug when the picture was finished and he had started to walk away.

th_ClevelandReadercandf.jpg

Stuart's comments: His favourite scene is the God scene, when Clay says "honestly, there must be other cups he could use!" All in all, he says Clay was pretty good, but he's no Eric Idle. LOL. ("Mom, don't write that! They'll hate me!") Seriously, that's pretty high praise for him.

:clap: great recap!

as for Stuart...you call tell him for me that when it comes to singing, I bet Eric Idle is no Clay Aiken either, so it's all good. :cryingwlaughter:

*waves back at bottle*

as for Stuart...you call tell him for me that when it comes to singing, I bet Eric Idle is no Clay Aiken either, so it's all good. :cryingwlaughter:

Heh, good come back. I'll use that! And as for Stuart, he can protest all he wants, but he was up at those barricades both nights with the rest of us, getting an autograph. :P

I couldn't believe how close There was a gentleman behind us reading the program out loud to his wife, the Clay bio in particular. Heh, it was cool.

I couldn't find any at FCA (ldyj - clues?), but Clayversity has scans of the Spamalot Playbill. I can bring them over here this evening when I get home, if no one posts them before then.

ETA: let me try an attachment...

post-40-1205519113_thumb.jpg

Double-click

Bottlecap, thank you so much for that!! Gosh this forum is just amazing!

Awwww laughn -- when we see you smile, we can face the world, we can do anything. *g* Great picture, and I'm so happy for you!

luckiest1 writes the best recaps. Just sayin'.

And with that, I think I might beg out of work early. I think you guys breathed on my computer, for it feels like my head is filling up with gunk. And I cannot be sick!

Well, it's about time they provided eye protection.

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

cindi, luckiest... great recap! Glad you got to meet Holly. Play, you're the best to make FCA's at home! Glad you and your son/daughter had a blast, too!!!

laughn... great picture. Quiana is beautiful and that cutesingerguy is kinda sorta handsome!

And with that, I think I might beg out of work early. I think you guys breathed on my computer, for it feels like my head is filling up with gunk. And I cannot be sick!

oops sorry LadyJ.

Thanks for the great recaps Lucky, Cindi (even though you cheated a little hee) and wandacleo. So glad some FCAers are getting a chance to meet up.

Laughn thanks for sharing your photo!!

*sprays another round of Lysol about FCA and sends a text to Sir Robin about heading over to ldyj's with chicken soup*

Great pic, laughn! Could you remind me which story was yours? I *think* I remember it, but I could very well be confusing it with someone else...

This has been the looooongest day - and it's not nearly over yet. Good grief! Will it never end?! :cry4:

*sprays another round of Lysol about FCA and sends a text to Sir Robin about heading over to ldyj's with chicken soup*

*sprays chicken soup all over FCA and sends a text to Sir Robin about heading over to ldyj's with plenty of Lysol*

Sorry, chickie...If he's coming over, I don't want him to get sick again. lol

*sprays chicken soup all over FCA and sends a text to Sir Robin about heading over to ldyj's with plenty of Lysol*

Sorry, chickie...If he's coming over, I don't want him to get sick again. lol

BWAH!! Now I'm coughing because I'm laughing! Hee.

I stopped at big bad evil WalMart before going home and found some Zycam. Isn't that the stuff playbiller keeps talking about? Anyway, I'm trying it out to see if it will help me shake a cold that much sooner.

In the meantime, I'm going to lay here with my kitty cats and my laptop. Ooo, and I should get some tea now too.

Eeeeeeeeeee!! Thanks for the pictures and video! Will you LOOK at that gorgeous butt in that last picture! :hubbahubba:

ETA: Question for those who have already been to NYC, or who live in the area...

We tried and were unable to get a reservation at Carmines for Friday night the 21st.

Do you require a reservation for John's Pizza? Opinions on John's?

Recommendations for another restaurant close to the theatre, for about 8 people? What shouldn't we miss?

Thanks!!

We ate at John's opening night and I thought it was great. Its built in an old church and there are stained glass windows and everything. I thought the food was good and for NY quite reasonable. I don't think they took reservations but if you get there before 6pm or so you should have plenty of time. There were 8 of us and we had time to kill.

Thanks for all the recaps! Its fun living vicariously through everyone's adventures!

luckiest - you ARE the luckiest!!! It was great to see those pix of you at the barracade with Clay!!

I don't see that anyone answered your question about how to do a Print Screen, so here ya go!

• (this procedure is for a PC)
  • Locate PrtScrn key to right of F12
  • Hit PrtScrn button once to capture the screen displayed at that moment
  • (hitting again will recapture the screen)
  • Open a Photo-editing program
  • Open a New File on that program
  • Go to Edit>Paste and paste the captured image into the file
  • You usually will have to crop, since it gets the whole screen
  • Save your copied and cropped photo
  • Repeat for other images you wish to capture
  • NOTE: this doesn't work for some video players such as Windows Media Player for some reason.

I wanna go back to NYC and see CLAA-A-A-A-A-A-AYYYYYY again!!

Thanks luckiest1 and claygasm for the restaurant info. I'd love the TexMex, but we'll see what the rest of the group thinks. Luckiest, do you recall if they take reservations?

We'll be there for 3 nights, so if anyone else has any thoughts, please add them!

Luckiest and wandacleo, loved your recaps! The more detail the better...great pix of the skyline and the Statue of Liberty etc, luckiest! Hope we have time to do a bit of sightseeing, but I dont' think much is going to happen.

Claygary, I know we saw a large group come in while we were there - so they must take reservations for large numbers anyway. I don't know about smaller groups. Honestly though, the place is HUGE! I would be surprised if you couldn't get a table.

I googled them, and their menu is available on line. The phone number listed for the 42nd St./8th Ave location (five minute walk from theatre) is 212-302-4010

Chevy's Fresh Mex

Thanks luckiest1 and claygasm for the restaurant info. I'd love the TexMex, but we'll see what the rest of the group thinks. Luckiest, do you recall if they take reservations?

We'll be there for 3 nights, so if anyone else has any thoughts, please add them!

Luckiest and wandacleo, loved your recaps! The more detail the better...great pix of the skyline and the Statue of Liberty etc, luckiest! Hope we have time to do a bit of sightseeing, but I dont' think much is going to happen.

I wonder how early we can start sight seeing?????

Awwwww, thx cha cha for those print screen instructions. However, my problem is that this newfangled laptop of mine has sometimes up to 3 symbols per key! And I haven't yet figured out how to tell it which symbol I want. For example, print screen also has insert on the same key. I tried shift, that doesn't work. Hee, I guess I should dig out the manual, eh?

Thanks Cindy....the link doesn't work for me, unfortunately, and I've googled and got nothing but the (awful) reviews I've already seen on the NYC restaurants sites...no menu.

I guess we'll just wing it that night, maybe meet at the hotel or something and go from there. I was hoping for something a little more concrete, but I guess no can do.

Unfortunately again, I've spent hours at this, and I'm just outta time.

Thanks everyone for the info!

Awwwww, thx cha cha for those print screen instructions. However, my problem is that this newfangled laptop of mine has sometimes up to 3 symbols per key! And I haven't yet figured out how to tell it which symbol I want. For example, print screen also has insert on the same key. I tried shift, that doesn't work. Hee, I guess I should dig out the manual, eh?

Try the "alt" key, luckiest...that's usually the one. Beside the space bar on mine.