#28: The man's a joy magnet!

ldyjocelyn

New Thread Title  

44 members have voted

1. 1. WEEEEEEEEEE How many mods does it take to put up a new thread title...and which one do you want?

• Winning people over all the time
    • More kool-aid for me, please.
    • WHERE'S THE SMUT???!!!!!
    • ....having a verra verra good time!
    • Things are progressing!
    • Hannah is My Hero
    • Be warned. He's quite lethally cute!
    • My pocket book is groaning but I'm happy. Sigh.
    • songs chosen by Clay
    • EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It's really happening!
    • he's teasing us, ya'll!
    • Put the kiddies to bed; this is gonna get good.
    • Holy mother of GUH!!!!!!!
    • I don't give a s**t what Clay chooses to sing on his CD. It's his choice. I'm happy with that.
    • Did you know GUH was not an acceptable scrabble word?
    • He sings, he dances?he drinks tap water?
    • in my mind I will cheerfully add "all the way to the bank".
    • I'm just happy happy. What else can I say? shrug.gif Thanks fer the koolaid?

Hmmm, I'm not sure what reviews you're getting - but I've eaten there twice now and thoroughly enjoyed it both times. *shrug*

luckiest1, my Compaq has those symbols also. If you have a key with 'fn' in a small box (mine is beside the ctrl key) that's the one that makesthe print screen key work for me (that, and all the keys with a symbol with a box around it).

ETA: it is bizarre though - I was all over their pages before I posted that link, and now it doesn't seem to exist. Weird!

If you have a key with 'fn' in a small box (mine is beside the ctrl key) that's the one that makesthe print screen key work for me.

Hooray!!!! For years I have searched for the answer--and at last, this works for me. Thank you!!! :clap:

Thought this was kind of cute. We know Clay's got the sweaters - wonder if he'll wear one! :)

Sweater day to honor Mister Rogers

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

No one knows what the weather will be like on March 20, but the people behind "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood" are declaring it sweater-wearing weather.

March 20 would have been the late children's TV host's 80th birthday, and Family Communications Inc. is urging everyone -- not just in Pittsburgh, but all over the world -- to wear a favorite sweater that day in honor of Fred Rogers' legacy. Family Communications is the production company behind the long-running "Mister Rogers" public TV series.

David Newell, who plays Mr. McFeely on the show, stars in a YouTube video created to spread the word about the March 20 sweater day.

The sweater event will cap off the "Won't You Be My Neighbor?" Days celebration March 15-20, in which area cultural institutions will offer family events and free or reduced admission prices and family activities. "Won't You Be My Neighbor?" Days is also part of Pittsburgh's 250 anniversary celebration.

Thanks for the recaps luckiest, wandacleo, and cindilu :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I loved reading the details.

I'm going on Sunday. :bounce: C101 C102 . Doesn't look like anyone else from here will be there. Maybe I'll get to meet some FCA'ers on Clay's closing night.

Awwwww, thx cha cha for those print screen instructions. However, my problem is that this newfangled laptop of mine has sometimes up to 3 symbols per key! And I haven't yet figured out how to tell it which symbol I want. For example, print screen also has insert on the same key. I tried shift, that doesn't work. Hee, I guess I should dig out the manual, eh?

What kind of laptop is it lucky??

eta: try chevysfreshmex.com

It`s an HP. I`ve been mucking around with the fn key (that works for print screen, yay!) and the alt key, but I still can`t get all the symbols to work on certain keys. And somehow I`ve done something so that I can't use the square brackets anymore! Hee, I will dig that manual out tomorrow and figure this thing out. I`m sure there`s a logical reason for everything. :cryingwlaughter:

Pretty pretty pictures from The Ideal Idol

from geekette (CH)

Several Raleigh area fans got together tonight at Clay's self-proclaimed favorite restaurant in the whole wide world (at least as of the Raleigh Gala last year). He's apparently been a few times - there's a picture of him and Ruben on display. I'm guessing that's from last year? State Fair time maybe?

And then there's this newer one, or maybe it's from the future, since it looks like Grandpa! Clay! Sorry the pictures are blurry, but the originals weren't all that great and I just snapped and dashed.

Those restaurants listed on the Chevy'sFreshMex link have the same menus as the 42nd St. location, but the prices are quite a bit different *g*

Hmmm I'm seeing just luckiest1 and cindilu2 is this an Ontario Clay Fan reunion? :cryingwlaughter:

of course as I post that we added ldyjocelyn

Those restaurants listed on the Chevy'sFreshMex link have the same menus as the 42nd St. location, but the prices are quite a bit different *g*

Hmmm I'm seeing just luckiest1 and cindilu2 is this an Ontario Clay Fan reunion? :cryingwlaughter:

of course as I post that we added ldyjocelyn

OK - I think I've got it - but we need a zip code for the Shubert!

it's chevysny.com!!!

there's a locator link right under the red banner next to the Fresh Salsa. :cryingwlaughter:

Great pic, laughn! Could you remind me which story was yours? I *think* I remember it, but I could very well be confusing it with someone else...

First, let me say thanks to everyone for the kind comments about my photo. I was sort of jazzed about finally getting it and wanted to share.

My story was one of the 'death' stories. (sorry) My mom died on Christmas day when I was ten years old. It was just a reflection on how that affected my family and how I made a connection with the song, Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas.

Well okay, I couldn't resist!

<------- In honor of:

Thought this was kind of cute. We know Clay's got the sweaters - wonder if he'll wear one! :)

Sweater day to honor Mister Rogers

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

No one knows what the weather will be like on March 20, but the people behind "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood" are declaring it sweater-wearing weather.

March 20 would have been the late children's TV host's 80th birthday, and Family Communications Inc. is urging everyone -- not just in Pittsburgh, but all over the world -- to wear a favorite sweater that day in honor of Fred Rogers' legacy. Family Communications is the production company behind the long-running "Mister Rogers" public TV series.

David Newell, who plays Mr. McFeely on the show, stars in a YouTube video created to spread the word about the March 20 sweater day.

The sweater event will cap off the "Won't You Be My Neighbor?" Days celebration March 15-20, in which area cultural institutions will offer family events and free or reduced admission prices and family activities. "Won't You Be My Neighbor?" Days is also part of Pittsburgh's 250 anniversary celebration.

Hey, maybe this why YSG suddenly showed up outta the blue and became a red hot topic.

*This post brought to you by The Yarn Barn & Primary Colors :)

From toni7babe at CH:

Another fun night in NYC!! I was delayed out of Ohare and then we sat on the ground at LaGuardia for 45 mins till we got to a gate so I did not make it to the show tonight but I had sorta figured I wouldn't but it's ok as I have Sat and Sunday to look forward too and we are front and center for those shows EEEEEEEEEEEE!!

I did make it to the stage door to meet up with roomie Scarlett, xxx4clay, Brightstar, Shamrock and AAIT. It started to rain about 15 mins before the show let out. Jerome came out and said Clay is coming out but not going to be able to sign in the rain and with that Clay was right out and started shaking hands with everyone in the front and apologizing so all could hear for not signing saying sorry guys just cant sign in this. When he got to me I got a nice full handshake and his hand was nice and warm and he said to us the marker just runs in this cant sign. He went through the line quickly but I thought it was really nice of him to come out in the rain and do this. There were quite a few people there.

A lovely gal from England who was there with her Dad they came just to see Clay was standing by me and I was happy she at least got to see him.

I only got like 3 or 4 quick pics in the rain it wasn't easy and he wasn't out as there too long but so great he came out for a bit I thought as there was a nice crowd waiting for him.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/ton...malot/clay1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/ton...malot/clay2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/ton...malot/clay4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/ton...malot/Clay3.jpg

Clay signing a crutch!

Scarlett -- where are you?!?!?!?! She wrote at the CH:

Something was up tonight. I'm merely speculating here but it felt like either (1) everyone on the show got a raise this morning (2) they were reacting to a truckload of Python fans in the house or (3) someone substituted the energizer bunny for the killer rabbit but every.single.person on stage was so charged up tonight! Every part of the show was meticulously done, all the extra gestures, nods, facial espressions were there and with so much energy behind them. I've seen the show lots of times, often from the front row, but tonight's performance was the best yet for me.

It wasn't a Clay crowd tonight; there were lots and lots of python fans -- you could tell by which parts of the show they reacted to at first. Clay's first pooping scene was a bit drowned out by cheering for the black knight -- but he won them over with a the most vigorous bottle dance ever, and at the end of the show he received the loudest cheers.

Unique item: he seemed to get "stuck" while dismounting from his virtual horse so it took a tad longer than usual to get down. Meesa said that before the start of the show, she could see clay dancing at the side while waiting to go up the tower.

Shamrock sat with me during the first half and then xxx4clay was my seatmate for the 2nd half. Both hadn't seen Clay since January and it was fun to watch them marvel at all the changes in the show.

Toni7babe's plane allowed her to make it to the stage door but not the show. Thank goodness we have really great tickets to both shows tomorrow!

I'm glad he came to the stage door to do a mini-busline even though he couldn't sign because of the rain. Maroon looks really great with the current hair color.

From an unnamed blog (via CV):

We saw Spamalot which was a riot. I was a little skeptical at first, but it was more Monty Python than the actual movies. I didn't think Clay Aiken was Python material, but, I have a newfound respect for the guy. He was able to poke fun at himself and all the rumors surrounding him.

I'm off to visit my Mom today. I'll see ya'll tonight!

Thanks everyone for all the restaurant info! I have no time today, but will give it a shot hopefully tomorrow night again.

Hmmm, I'm not sure what reviews you're getting - but I've eaten there twice now and thoroughly enjoyed it both times. *shrug*

ETA: it is bizarre though - I was all over their pages before I posted that link, and now it doesn't seem to exist. Weird!

It's the restaurant sites...Restaurants near hotel

Cityguide restaurants

People saying they walked out...bad service...or, quite possibly, the same person posting in multiple places multiple times! Who knows, on the internet, huh?

I didn't mean to sound like I thought it wasn't a good place, sorry! Hope you didn't take it personally! Was just rushed and frustrated, as usual :lol:

I bet! :cryingwlaughter: But just an idea of what is available is helpful, anyway.

Thanks for bringing toni7babe's review over, luckiest...I'm so glad he was out to the door last night! I do worry that he's OK when it doesn't happen. Slaps herself.

Off to wrestle with a mattress and box spring to put into bed bags so the delivery guys will move it....not too sure how I'm going to do that by myself! Then off to get showered/dressed to go to an appointment that I hope I'll make before the delivery guys arrive. Wish me luck!

Good Morning Everyone,

7 Days until Spring!

50 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

52 Days until The New CD!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I found another stage door video from Wednesday March 12th with Clay & Rick. Heh, never thought I was such a camera whore.

http://www.clackunlimited.com/clack/Specia...alot/AustenFan/

This is the first day I can remember that I have a completely empty house. No kids, no dog. Well, I have my cats, but they are pretty self sufficient. So I am taking advantage and tearing my kitchen apart. I figured if I tore it apart before breakfast, I'd have no choice but to put it all back together (minus bags of stuff I don't need put out to the curb) before lunch, right? What a disaster zone!

Scarlett -- where are you?!?!?!?! She wrote at the CH:

<snip>Meesa said that before the start of the show, she could see clay dancing at the side while waiting to go up the tower.

So, this would be during the Finland number? How cute!

Good morning, y'all.

Scarlett is having a sinful amount of fun and eating cheesecake.

And I was also on the phone with KAndre trying to find a name for Clay's dance moves -- still trying to figure out what they call the one he does on 'Find Your Grail' right after he gets up from the slo-mo horse. Quiana and Jacob were doing it during the JBT and Clay wasn't even attempting it then, you know, the one Will Smith does a lot?

Hi {{{ldj}}} Get well soon! Ms Marmalade posted that quote. I was intending to copy and paste it everywhere as an original post but everyone is so quick about bringing things that it propagated faster than I could go around.

I really have to say that the bottle dance from the dead center seat is a killer. I was with xxx4clay tonight and he was headed straight at her!!!

The entire tower scene last night was just perfect -- all his facial exressions, the gestures with the strap, the perfect dsomewhat bored, irreverent tone towards King Arthur

KAndre wouldn't have liked our rooms last night -- I left every single window ajar until morning!

00lsee, if you're at the right side (eg. the seat that Cotton posted about a few days ago) you can see him at the back when Tom makes his entrance.

Unique item: he seemed to get "stuck" while dismounting from his virtual horse so it took a tad longer than usual to get down. Meesa said that before the start of the show, she could see clay dancing at the side while waiting to go up the tower.

Scarlett... via ldyj... OMG, I wish I could have seen that! The man is having so much fun with this part!

From an unnamed blog (via CV):

We saw Spamalot which was a riot. I was a little skeptical at first, but it was more Monty Python than the actual movies. I didn't think Clay Aiken was Python material, but, I have a newfound respect for the guy. He was able to poke fun at himself and all the rumors surrounding him.

ldyj... This just warms the cockles of my heart!!! Just what Clay wanted from this gig... R.E.S.P.E.C.T. liney sings loudly!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Sounds like Clay and the whole cast was in Sacramento IT mood last night. Oh you don't know what Sacramento IT mood is? Of course you don't...because there is no clack. If there were believe me it would be at the top of your all time favorite lists. Now it's just a best kept secret of the 15K people that were there. Sigh. :cry4::cry4:

Now it's just a best kept secret of the 15K people that were there. Sigh
:PickMe-1: I was there! Second row grindage side! Man, was I there. :hubbahubba: I, too, consider the lack of Clack (lackaclack?) from that show as one of the greatest sins of this century.

That blog entry is cool, but I sorta wondered at the "He was able to poke fun at himself and all the rumors surrounding him." Am I being obtuse? How is doing Spamalot addressing the 'rumors surrounding him'? :shrug:

Anyhoo....I'm chompin' at the bit to get to NYC! Dang! Another TEN more sleeps before the trip and ELEVEN more before I actually FINALLY see the show! Unfortunately, there's so much :officework: during that time, I'm doubly dying here!

Bad wife that I am....I was perusing Telecharge the other day :whistling-1: and a GREAT seat popped up for Tues the 25th...my fingers automatically started to do their thing on the keyboard and then I remembered---uh...I'll have just arrived in NYC then to...uh... :unsure: meet up with hubby for our first night in the city. MUSKI! Just.step.away.from.the.ticketseller! :chatting: Anyway, we have third row center for Wed--right behind Gibby and Mr.Gibby! :yess:

I have drugs for this double whammy of sinusitis and bronchitis but they're not working very quickly, damnit! Hope all of you FCAers struggling with similar ailments are faring better.

Scarlett, you are one lucky bitch. I swear, if I didn't love you so much I'd have to hate you. <_<

Now....today I get to do taxes, a shitload of work I brought home with me when I knew I'd be to sick to go into the office, watch Carrie's softball game, pick up my new glasses, visit my mother, who's been calling and asking why I'm not calling, and---most importantly---find time to watch Clack and peruse the boards.

A woman-who's-whipped-by-Clay's work is never done... :lipstick: