#29: EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It's really happening!

Couch Tomato

What should be the next thread title at FCA?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Ah, nothing left but the finale - and Clay's incredible career.
    • I am so obsessed. He's altered my DNA. I'm sure of it.
    • Hold on...you're going on a great and long ride!
    • I'd go with Godzilla if it meant I could see Clay even one more time in Spamalot.
    • Yes I'm babbling. What can I say? He makes me happy.
    • Clay has the vitality of the Energizer bunny...
    • Just the Clay parts first. His parts are FINE as WINE and all move..... varra varra nicely!
    • He loves us as we love him--unconditionally.
    • Today's Clay is hawt, polished, multi-faceted...
    • Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!
    • The man is a magnet. A super magnet.
    • Clay will always be Clayton, too.
    • I want it all and I want it now!
    • He is going to kill us all.
    • Can I move to ClayAikenville?
    • Whenever, wherever, I'll be there.

I think this link works for AOL First Listen:

http://music.aol.com/franchise/firstlisten/

But it takes you to a Katherine McPhee page by default for some reason. I discovered that you can use your AIM username & password to log in........don't know if it's necessary but I figure it can't hurt to be logged in. If you search on Clay right now you get 12 videos (including the new OMWH webisode) and lots of song clips. Hopefully it will be updated early Monday. If someone knows a different path please post it!

Recap from last night's show from ClaysFayevorite at CV:

Evening Intermission Report

Tiggy is still in the zone...loving every little nuance! I wish I were there. She said the theater is packed...very receptive crowd...lots of fans around her. They are "hollering and cheering". The whole cast is "on". She can't get over Rick Holmes' energy level. He is just on fire. Clay got a rousing cheer for "...the Idol of my age...line. He bent down low to look up the dancers skirt. Very animated in the tower scene, did the sing-song line about the bird not being able to bring the coconut back. BIG leg swings on the "dead cart" with a very funny smirk on his face. She thinks the new Galahad is better every day. She really likes him. During "All For One" Clay bounced so much his feet were coming up off the stage with a "huge crooked" smile on his face. When he came out as the dead collector, he did not have his boots on, just brown shoes. When he was yelling during "Run Away, Run Away" he was loud and making his voice go up and down. The Can-Can dancer ran into him and Clay jumped. When the King is tap dancing in Camelot with Patsy tapping the coconuts( I love that!) and Clay is on the floor with Galahad, he was making all the hand motions with the King.The cow missed Patsy, Clay didn't try to do CPR on it this time. Patsy just laid next to the cow for awhile then pulled it on top of hiself at the last minute. SLOWMO...VERY low...I'm quoting..."full crothch shot" (she was right in front of him...and lived to tell!!!) Opening his mouth really wide and rolling his tongue over all his teeth! Quote, Tiggy..."...he was sooo freakin' hawt!!!" OK I should just have enough time for a COLD shower...she will call back from the parking garage( she has to get her car out by a certain time) I'll be back...

Act 11 Report from Tiggy:

Another night of shimmying until his cheeks shook! The second soiling brought many exaggerated movements and great facial expressions...leaves no doubt what he is doing!!! Said "Oh, God!"" and grabbed his butt whlie walking with him legs spread wide apart with big high steps (did I just say all that? Who would ever have imagined we would one day be describing, in outlandish detail, how well Clay Aiken "shats" his pants??? ). Patsy was very funny, kept cracking up. Clay was pulling on his belt again causing his tunic to rise during "Brave Sir Robin".His facial expressions during the song have become a show in themselves(very, very funny) Herbert did something similar...scratching his leg while up in the castle causing his "dress" to rise. Again, Clay was quite taken with his spear in the guard scene. That is so funny when he acts like he is seeing it for the first time then starts playing with the ribbons.The audience was very receptive. he got a great ovation for "You Won't Succeed on Broadway" and at the curtain call. there was an exchange again between he and Hannah and they both shook their bootys. Tiggy talked to Rick Holmes after the show and commented on how much energy he has. he said he goes home each night and gets in bed and passes out!

Well, that 's it for tonight. I love listening to Tiggy's excitement as she describes every wonderful detail of Clay's performance. I know she will write her own recap when she is home and out of the Aikenfog. Thanks Tiggy!

And stage door from strollyn63 at CB:

LsDolly called and there is noooo SD. Jerome talking to some fans and taking somebody back. They are asking about the tour,,Jerome is taking gifts back to Clay. Shycon gave him a card. They didn't even have the barriers up tonight. So they knew that he wasn't coming out. I think it is a CB member going backstage. Name was familiar to me. Jerome didn't answer about the tour. Peasant was sooo surprised. A lady from Germany. Wow! GERMANY??? I hope she's staying overnight! Crowd is leaving little by little. Slooooowly moving away from the door. Show was great, Clay was Great! Audience very appreciative. Full house tonight. Whooo Hoooo

Another from heartsaiken4ca at CB:

I've got the scoop. He had to leave to go sing at a wedding. I'm talking to a friend who got to go up on stage and meet him. More after I get off the phone.

My friend Ginny from California was in the bathroom line downstairs and started carrying on a conversation with the lady behind her. This woman couldn't believe a 70ish year old woman would come to New York. The woman asked where she was sitting and when she told her, she said, oh, she was sitting a couple of rows behind her. Before intermission was over, the woman tapped her on the should and asked if she would like to meet Clay. She couldn't believe her ears! Apparently this woman's husband is a cousin of the man who plays Sir Galahad's mother (they were the people who ended up outside and then were taken inside to meet Clay onstage). He said he only had a couple of minutes because he had to sing at someone's wedding and he was running late. He was very gracious and signed a couple of pictures she brought. I'm so happy for her. She thought last summer's tour might be her last time traveling.

Good Morning Everyone,

28 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

30 Days until "On My Way Here" is Here! :woohoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Is this for real? I sure hope not. I just think this is a bad idea. I think Clay was just being snarky and did not really mean for his fans to take up his cause for him. I think he is promoted overseas. He has had his songs in commercials as well as having MOAM released in Singapore. I know that for a fact, because I have my own copy sent to me by erisu, who lives there.

http://www.petitiononline.com/PlayClay/petition.html

Thanks luckiest for posting the AOL link............

ETA: I am so proud of that CD too. It has a bonus AVCD featuring Solitaire & Bridge Over Troubled Water on it. Also the music videos for Invisible and The Way. It's unopened and will stay that way until I can get Clay to autograph it............. :hubbahubba:

KAndre sits on a huge pile of engraved toasters and chortles to herself...

Hell, I just spent from 7 this morning to 11 tonight cleaning my mother's apartment with my sister - I feel like I'm gonna die!

KAndre... do you and your sister travel??? I would pay in lots of clack! And, booze! And, a red convertible sportscar! And... :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

underwear.jpg

OOOH! Grey undies! :hubbahubba:

muski... I'm worried about you... if that's all you see in that picture? I see soft, full, run.your.fingers.thru.it hair. I see shoulders to die for and triceps very nicely defined. I see a waist that does not pooch over his jeans. I see a superiorly toned butt. S.W.O.O.N!

liney, I love ya...but there are no well-defined triceps on that man....the picture is lovely but ain't no triceps to be seen...now I WILL agree that the bum looks rather yummy---and God knows I've never thought the guy even had much of one!---and the shoulders are always quite nice...

But triceps?

nope...nary a one...

I'd still do him, though.

ETA: Actually, the more I look at that picture, the more I NEED to nibble on that little patch of bare skin peaking out there.... :hubbahubba:

muski... ok, maybe I got the wrong name. When you raise your arm to reach like Clay is, what is that muscle called just below the shoulder. I see a nice bump there in that picture. Nice to me, anyway! When I raise my arm in that position, ain't no bump... straight as a board. :cryingwlaughter:

Clazorback... for those overseas, I think Clay said to contact their Sony reps in that country. Signing a petition to get his music overseas is not doing that. And, since I don't live in any foreign country.... often strange, but not foreign... I'm not signing. :cryingwlaughter:

I am beyond excited for those of you who will be listening to AOL tomorrow. This is my first time ever not to spoil myself silly, so I will be enjoying the EEEs by proxy. Sweet dreams! :)

I'm gonna try to remain virginal too, but it is all about the urges. :lilredani:

Claytonic, the Faye story at the end of your post (a siggy?) is so tender. I had forgotten about it. :cry4:

ETA: Roseviolet I have the Prayer from the Gala and it's pretty good quality. Since Clay asked us not to tape it, I just turned my camera on to video and taped it in my handbag. I never knew what to do with it so it's just sitting on my desktop. :shrug:

Claytonic, the Faye story at the end of your post (a siggy?) is so tender. I had forgotten about it. :cry4:

Yes, I was so moved by it that I thought I'd include it in my siggy just for a couple of days. It's a bit long for a siggy but I felt it deserves the space. It is proof that Clay's sensitivity towards other people's suffering has always been a part of who he is. For me, it's not just about the voice, it's also about how he captures our soul even when he's not singing.

ETA: Roseviolet I have the Prayer from the Gala and it's pretty good quality. Since Clay asked us not to tape it, I just turned my camera on to video and taped it in my handbag. I never knew what to do with it so it's just sitting on my desktop. :shrug:

You could upload it and someone could rip the audio from it. I couldn't use it on the radio station though. We are only suppose to use recorded tracks that are ostensibly available for sale. I'm kind of fudging it by playing a demo song (shhhh!) but I don't think I can play a bootleg track. Thank you though!

Just read this over at CH and don't remember seeing it here.

AustenFan at CB wrote:

Friday there was a huge group of teens at the show. They were an absolutely amazing audience. They screamed and cheered and hooted and hollared like a rock concert. Clay was showered with pop star affection from the youth. Too bad about the stage door as the many young teen fans completely filled Shubert Alley waiting for Clay. A young girl on a guy's shoulder. She said she wanted Clay to sign her face. This other group of teens carried this one guy on their shoulders for almost a half hour (ouch even for young and energetic folk). I belceve he was designated picture taker. They must have been from some singing or drama club as they started singing choral harmonies while waiting and chanting...Clay...Clay...Clay...They were very good actually. When people had been waiting a while and it seemed like Clay wouldn't be out, one young guy told the girl with him that Clay must have left and they should go take pictures. And she said 'No, I want to see Clay'. Very sweet. It was still nice to see so much excitement for Clay.

At the tower scene Clay is getting big, out loud laughs at every line. When the King said I"m looking for men and Clay answers 'I had a feeling' he got huge laughter and he did a double take which got more roarin laughs. They had to stop and wait for the audience to stop laughing.

Clay's tongue got a mighty workout today. During the slo-mo ride Claly stretched his whole face down and stretched his tongue all the way out and down....yummy. Then he scrunched his face up and puffed his cheeks and he stuck his tongue out and upward, stretching it out tilll the tip almost touched his nose. And he was doing snake like supple moves through his entire body, head, neck, shoulders, abs, thighs, legs all participating in those amazing ,full body bends. That is some horse he'e riding. Thank you horsie.

Maybe the tongue of supple greatness was inspiring as Patsy stuck out his tongue out towards the King during the Bright Side Of Life. And then Patsy made a kissy face. Maybe he reads the boards and knows how much the ladies love that.

Cow report. That cow is getting more action than a governor. Yesterday Clay gave the cow a might kick in the rump. With a new album upcoming maybe he's been thinking about label execs. Today, Clay opened both hands and pushed down on that cow several times. Okay, next stagedoor I'm wearing a cow suit.

Before the intermission the curtain comes down with Monty Python type animation showing on it. There are cartoons of the French taunters chasing the knights and doing rude gestures. When Clay was running away he looked back at the curtain and pushed his open hands back at the cartoon taunters on the screen as if to signal them to go away and leave them alone. Very adorable.

Today during the Find Your Grail song, Clay was swaying back and forth with his arms in the air and his head back in concert fog mode and he pursed his lips and went oooh'. Melt me now cause I'm on my way there already.

Clay's Hawaiian Hula got major screams and whistles. He got actual catcalls today. And you could see this big smile in his eyes as he took that in. The man doth love it.

Duing the Camelot scene Clay shimmied something wonderful at the dancing girl and then smiled and pointed to her. When Clay bent down nice and low to look up the skirt of the young woman in Camelot he stuck out his tongue and waved it up and down.

Friday the Knights of Ni did 'It's 3:00 AM and a phone wrings in the white house...but you're not worried because you're not the president, you're the governor and you're partying with a $2000 an hour....This message is APPROVED by Elliot Spitzer. And he did a hip circle dance and the other Knights of Ni joined in. Today he changed it up. He sang 'And I Will Always Love You...ooo...oooo...ooo..ooh... and then Crack Is Whack....Stay in school...Got screams of laughter. Tonight he did a Darth Vadar Voice and said 'Luke, I'm Your Father...just kidding we're the knights who say 'acki acki etc' then again 'Luke I'm Your Father' and then "Acki' and a third time 'Luke I'm Your Father and another 'just kidding acki' and then 'I freaked out'. Roars, absolute roars from the audience.

The rearuth endus was magnificent once again. A tunic flip of Kings. Maybe Clay felt more comfortable with a majestic flip seeing as the King had a substitute today. Shapely and wonderul to whoos and whistles from the audience. And we got a tunic llip echo during the guard scene as the tunic flipped up so high and Clay flipped his leg up so high that we got to see a full rear view before his legs hit the ground. And the we got the upside. Tunic all the way to reveal the waistband of the pants plus some male armor....(Spelling mistake? Maybe....).

Clay's looks at the piano are so sharp and come hither. He flips that shoulder back and puts some ab action into it. And his sexy eyes as he crosses his leg and throws his hair back and gives us a profile....audience goes wild at every move. And his shimmying into Fiddler mode got a huge ovation. The Bottle Dance got an ovation and Papa Can You Hear Me got an ovation of stupenous proportions. Audience was exhausted from laughter and thunderous applause but no doubt smiling. He's added this puffing out of his cheeks as he shakes his head in exaggerated sadness at the futility of a Broadway Show with no Jews. Audience loves, loves. Strong, muscled legs stretching out, suspended in the air...what's not to love? The power on those 'Oys' could fuel a small country. A little blip on the ending where he quietly changed 'essential' thing to what sounded like 'important'. Songwriting on Broadway....And then an absolute eruption from the crowd. He brought the house down. Hopeully they'll rebuild by tomorrow for another show.

Guard scene Clay's line 'Can he leave' was cut off before he could say 'with us' - again when the father came in too early this afternoon. But it was fixed tonight. Still rushed a bit. But getting better. Clay adds this wonderful high pitched 'No, no, no, no, no...when he does his 'If if um....if if um' and he beckons the father back with his finger. Great reaction to this and it keeps the father from walking off early. Clay's sway as he contemplate his important duty is wonderfully spread from head to toe like a wave thorugh his body. Staring at his spear with one squinting eye, rolling his eyes up and down and raising one eyebrow and jutting his chin down with his lips stretched out over them and leaning back....while Patsy adds smiles and waves....keeping the scene going and hysterical helping the timing issues with so many subs. No Tom Deckman this weekend and he is missed. Brother Maynard now getting big time laughs at every line too. The number three seems to be such a revelation. While G-d's mercy, blowing folks to tiny bits and the judgment of those who are 'naughty in his sight' get more and new laughs.

During the finale Clay and the others did a side to side shimmy and then Clay doing a little hip bump and lifted his arm up and down and pointed his finger up with ab and hop circles in a perfect Saturday Night Fever dance. And he was also wearing that stunning white suit. This afternoon those white pants did their job perfectly. Or didn't do their job if you'd rather. To quote Chris Seiber's Galahad...Heh Heh Heh. Let The Sunshine In....Let The Sunshine In. White suit, lots of light...great combo.

Clay was on fire today adding so many nuances and putting some body English or maybe some American body into everything he does. Amazing again.

When Clay bent down nice and low to look up the skirt of the young woman in Camelot he stuck out his tongue and waved it up and down.

mmmmm

:cry4: Waaaaaahh!! Just saw a mention elsewhere that AOL first listen doesn't work anywhere but in the US....and I think she's right in that, seems to me I experienced that last time.

Will someone be able to "rip" from it, does anyone know? Or are us Canadians forced to be "virgins" whether we like it or not?

:cry4:

Anyone willing to send me a phone number in PM - I will call you and PLAY the song over the phone, if you can't get it. (even if you are in Canada!) [be warned, however, that I am not an early riser!]

I am not caught up and I expecting a houseful of people in a couple hours, so I have to get a move on! I have to make a birthday cake for my hubby!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

I didn't seem to have a problem playing any of the media on the AOL site this morning from Canada, but maybe First Listen is different? Oh well, hopefully some kind soul will rip us an mp3 if that is the case tomorrow. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

We should be able to rip the song and make an mp3 for those who can't listen. Won't this have that annoying voice over in it? That should make it okay to post since it won't be like an actual download.

Where's Muski?

When Clay bent down nice and low to look up the skirt of the young woman in Camelot he stuck out his tongue and waved it up and down.

Do you all realize that in less 12 hours we will be able to hear a song from Clay's new CD?? That is assuming they put it up at midnight eastern time and assuming the site doesn't crash! (Thanks luckiest for the link! :F_05BL17blowkiss:)

Remaining a virgin is highly overrated! I do have my standards, though. I won't give up my virginity for just anyone. It has to be Clay singing for me!

Speaking of the CD, I have been wondering about those who search the ASCAP website for his songs and how they know, when there is more than one song with a particular title, that its the song Clay is actually singing. So I went there and looked both under song titles and performers. There is only one under OMWH. But, there are 65 songs with the title of "Ashes" (assuming I counted right!), 3 with the title "Something About Us", 190 (!) with the song title "Falling", only 1 with the title of "Where I draw the Line" (written by someone named Vickie DeBasio) and 14 under the name "Draw the Line" (including the one by the person everyone figured out was the song on Clay's CD), 3 with the title "The Real Me" and 6 with the song title of "Real Me" (and the one I loved by Johnny Adams isn't even there), 58 with the title "Weight of the World", 3 with the title "Sacrificial Love", 4 with the title "Grace of God" and NONE listed for LAA, "As Long as We're Here" and "Everything I Don't Need".

If Clay isn't listed as the performer or one of the writers doesn't say he wrote a song for Clay's new CD, how can you tell which version is Clay's? And why are some songs not listed at all? And since some songs aren't listed, even if a song is listed, how do we know the song Clay recorded is listed and isn't yet another song with that title that just isn't listed?

Yes, I have too much time on my hands. Why do you ask????

CG, I can't remember if I responded before to you about Johnny Adams -- but I love him. I first found out about him when I saw the movie Bowfinger and he sang There Is Always One More Time at the beginning of the movie. I went home and did research to find that song and it's still on my playlist. I love his voice. I wish I had discovered him before his death as I would have no doubt hopped over to NOLA to hear him.

Have I lost my mind? (Never mind, don't answer that!)

Wasn't there supposed to be an interview with Clay in the USA Weekend that comes in the Sunday newspaper? Mine doesn't have one...it has a story about Billie Jean King. ?????

:waiting:

Wasn't there supposed to be an interview with Clay in the USA Weekend that comes in the Sunday newspaper? Mine doesn't have one...it has a story about Billie Jean King. ?????

If I recall correctly it will be in the paper in the weekend AFTER the release of On My Way Here...or maybe before. I know it's May.

I think the blog article said that the interview in USA Weekend wouldn't be until May 11 (right after the CD comes out, and also Mother's Day).

I will be virginal for the complete album, but not for the radio single. *g*

Actually, with the way Clay's talking about this album, I think my first listen for this album will be something I haven't done in a LONG time: I will sit down, in front of the good stereo. I will put the CD in the player and hit play. And then....I will take the lyric booklet and follow along. If Clay's making such a big deal about these lyrics, I want to make sure I hear them properly! And then, I'll put the CD into my car stereo after that first listen and get the music/melody side of the equation.

Where's Muski?

I... :unsure: er....had to take a...moment.

heh.

:Thud:

I KNEW it! :yess: I just knew it. :tongue70: All those scenes I wrote? Heh. I just KNEW it! :medium-smiley-070:

:sleezy:

Emily just called...

We have a date...October 4th. They will be calling halls tomorrow and hope to have one booked by Wednesday.

The colors are going to be plum and silver.

Around 200 people...I need to put a guest list together.

We will be going dress shopping in about two weeks.

:onFire:

Kim

If I recall correctly it will be in the paper in the weekend AFTER the release of On My Way Here...or maybe before. I know it's May.

I think the blog article said that the interview in USA Weekend wouldn't be until May 11 (right after the CD comes out, and also Mother's Day).

Actually, with the way Clay's talking about this album, I think my first listen for this album will be something I haven't done in a LONG time: I will sit down, in front of the good stereo. I will put the CD in the player and hit play. And then....I will take the lyric booklet and follow along. If Clay's making such a big deal about these lyrics, I want to make sure I hear them properly! And then, I'll put the CD into my car stereo after that first listen and get the music/melody side of the equation.

Oh, so it will be :soon: ?

Thank you. All I could think was WTF???? LOL

It was just posted that Clay will not be doing the afternoon matinee...no reason given.

Kim

Do we know there will be one?

We haven't had lyrics in his previous Cd's, right? Which is something I RILLY RILLY want!

It was just posted that Clay will not be doing the afternoon matinee...no reason given.

I was actually thinking that this might happen this morning....pure speculation on my part, but I was wondering how he was going to pull off 2 shows yesterday, singing at a wedding reception last night, and then two more shows again today. I mean, he has to have time to sleep! LOL

Sorry for anyone who has tickets to the show and is disappointed, but can't say as I'm surprised.

I was actually thinking that this might happen this morning....pure speculation on my part, but I was wondering how he was going to pull off 2 shows yesterday, singing at a wedding reception last night, and then two more shows again today. I mean, he has to have time to sleep! LOL

Sorry for anyone who has tickets to the show and is disappointed, but can't say as I'm surprised.

Yep...I agree, luckiest...that's probably why...

Well, that...and the fact that his tongue is worn out.

:Thud: