#30: Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken
    • "If I hear the term 'radio-friendly' one more time, I'm going to scream"
    • I'm ridiculously in love with the man & that's all there is to it.
    • "That will be an extra $50 for the butt squeeze!"
    • A snippet of Clay beats the hell out of the whole damn thing of anyone else!
    • Slovenia...who would a thunk it? I love Slovenia.
    • And if you strip away the friendly sweaters and smooth hair and charming smile, there's a feral creature underneath waiting to BITE you.
    • We've climbed on Mr. Aiken's Wild Ride!!!! Only this time it's an A Ticket!!!!
    • "You're doing GREAT!"
    • Clay Aiken is my high.
    • Clay Aiken is more punk then any of these groups.
    • "I still don't understand why people like my ass, I'm sorry!"

YSRN - Thank you! I could NOT remember the name of that restaurant for anything. We stood in line for about 30 minutes and were about 2 people from

Since I have moved to the mountains I don't read a newspaper (it would be 2 days late) and only occasionally watch the news. I read the news on the internet.....but.... I have 7 years of college and an advanced degree so I'm not ignorant............I guess I just don't want to be brought down by all the nastiness out there right now. So I'm not complacent. Just self-insulating! It doesn't mean it doesn't bother me to see injustice or meanness. But the media has become something to mistrust - the bottom line is more important than reporting facts! Used to be if you read it in the paper it was true. Now everything is about selling the paper. Same with TV. WHAT will attract someone to that channel over another channel. Entertainment Tonite versus The Insider.....

Hey, Iseeme, if you don't mind me asking, which mountains do you live in? I love the mountains! I live in Colorado, and take as many opportunities as possible to spend time in the mountains. Lately I've been soooo busy that I haven't been able to go up for awhile, and I miss it so much. I want to go on a long mountain hike, sit by the lake and take purty pics. I'll have some time off this summer, and I'm really looking forward to spending some of it in the Colorado Rockies.

Here's one of my favorite pics (clickable):

th_ThornLake.jpg

ETA: a bit of irony. Yesterday my older daughter said, "I won't be talking to you on the way to school in the morning, Mom."

All righty, then.

"Why?"

"Because it's 'Silence' Day."

I asked some more questions until I'd surmised that her school is having a Silence Day as a show of support to homosexuals. She explained that the idea came from the fact that many young homosexuals have to remain 'silent' about their orientation and pretend to be something they're not in order to be accepted or not to be bullied, ostracized or worse. So as a show of empathy, students who want to will be silent all day.

Interesting. Closeted gays...tough enough for a mature adult to manage such a 'secret'; how incredibly monumental it must be for a teenager.

Muski, that's such a cool thing for the school to do! And it sounds like your daughter was really into it. My daughter did a similar thing last week. She took a day off from school to go to an all-day conference for the gay/straight alliance. She has a few gay friends, and gets really incensed when people make fun of them. As proud as I am of her accomplishments, I think her character in situations like that makes me even prouder.

So I had a realllly long day at work, and am just getting caught up on the board. So now I need to go spend some quality time with those longer Amazon snippets. I want to listen to the words, the instrumentation, and Clay's singing style. I want to figure out the keys of each songs, the tempo, the harmonies, etc. Even if I do that, I know there will be LOTS of new, surprising stuff on the album, because there's only a small part of each song on Amazon.

Yeah, got to say that kind of annoyed me. I was just one person - and apparently not one who anyone gives a shit about - but I had expressly stated that I didn't want to hear Clay's thoughts on the subject until after I had a chance to hear the song, but did that stop anyone from spoiling it?

Nooooooooo!

You know, if you feel that strongly about not being spoiled, you really are going to have to stay completely off the boards (not just this one, either) until after you hear it for yourself on May 6th. This is a time of EEEEEEEEEing and excitement, of new info, interviews and appearances, all based on the new songs. There are going to be spoilers all over the place. Of course, people can express their opinions, and are free to like or dislike anything about the album. However, you can`t expect that people are going to muzzle themselves because you don`t want to know. I don`t think that is a fair thing to ask fans to do on a public message board.

I am sure you will be sorry to hear I am not going anywhere but the comments made did NOT come from excitement but the usual inability or refusal to understand any of my posts and the almost salivation at the idea of attacking them. And I have no doubt the exposure of what Clay said was not a result of excitement but rather an attitude of not giving a rat's ass about anyone - or rather - my wishes.

What was that sound? Oh, it was the sound of the fun being sucked out of FCA!

Oh, did I fail to welcome back cindilu2? Yup. I guess I did.

And muski, :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I am sure you will be sorry to hear I am not going anywhere but the comments made did NOT come from excitement but the usual inability or refusal to understand any of my posts and the almost salivation at the idea of attacking them. And I have no doubt the exposure of what Clay said was not a result of excitement but rather an attitude of not giving a rat's ass about anyone - or rather - my wishes.

Oh, did I fail to welcome back cindilu2? Yup. I guess I did.

And muski, :F_05BL17blowkiss:

No man is an island,. Many times my posts are not taken as I meant them. I usually take it as my responsibility to be clear and not on other people to try and figure out exactly what I mean.

Disagreeing with a post is not an attack. I disagree with your post, this is not an attack. There is no hostility, but an attempt tp communicate that I disagree who is responsible for any misunderstandings.

Sorry, you do not have the ability to suck my fun out of FCA, there are too many dear and funny people here. I enjoy them and I like to share agreements and disagreements about AI to a load of other things. Look back and you will see many disagreements here, no offense is meant, just discussion.

And now for the good and bad news - seems like the price is dropping on the signed playbills. I paid what Iu piad when I paid for it, so no refunds, sorry. it makes me think how important it is to buy when the price is dropping on something to you can average the price and not feel so bad. I never quite understood the idea behind buying a dropping stock, but it has something to do with this whole price averaging thing. I bet sales were not so good and they thought they could make more by dropping the price without knowing that there are bunches of people who are organizing to by 20 or so at a time. I bet they start running out of programs soon. heh. It is all in the timing people, mine sucks.

Well, I had the pleasure of meeting Cindilu a few weeks ago, although I did not have much of a chance to talk to her, so I guess I should wave to her. wave. I showed the doing Spamalot pin to a bunch of people , they had never heard of it and wanted mine - but they didn't get hit, heh.

Well, the Clayboard is now ordering in bulk, someone went in with an order for 22 and 4 posters yesterday, wrote a check for it and is distributing them within 24 hours they are so not me. I still have to send 2 playbills and a poster.

No man is an island,. Many times my posts are not taken as I meant them. I usually take it as my responsibility to be clear and not on other people to try and figure out exactly what I mean.

My post was clear - to MOST people. It really wasn't a very complicated post. Simple words that if read were simple to understand.

Disagreeing with a post is not an attack. I disagree with your post, this is not an attack. There is no hostility, but an attempt tp communicate that I disagree who is responsible for any misunderstandings.

Play, there are also some who seem to make a habit out of attacking - yes attacking, not just disagreeing - with some specific people's posts no matter what they say. Its almost like they think it's their job. This happened to me on my original home board with one specific poster until I finally decided that board wasn't worth it any more.

I won't let that happen to me here.

Sorry, you do not have the ability to suck my fun out of FCA, there are too many dear and funny people here. I enjoy them and I like to share agreements and disagreements about AI to a load of other things. Look back and you will see many disagreements here, no offense is meant, just discussion.

I wasn't referring to myself when I mentioned sucking the fun out of this place. And sometime offense is meant - and again I am not referring to myself.

Now I am going to bed. I have had a very long, very hard day. I realize that this and my previous post may have sounded a tad bitchy, but sometimes you have just had it.

Maybe I will be in a better mood tomorrow.

Good night all.

Well, congradulations to Clay. I cliced on yahoo to get my mail and was faced with the 10 cheesiest singers - Cher and Mainlow were on the list, and Buble headed it, but no Clay. Guess he is not that important to yahoo. heh.

Holy criminy - seems like I missed WWIII in here tonite! Are "we" a tad on edge or something? I thought this was a friendly board. I do think that expecting everyone to clam up about a most exciting event as the release of a new Clay CD is expecting quite alot!!! I've known Cindi for 5 years, shared a hotel room with her for 2 nights, IM'ed with her many, many nights.....guess I just don't see the monumental transgression! But...I'm new here!

Gibby - to answer your question about which mountains I live in ......I'm about 75 miles from Lake Tahoe in the Sierra Foothills....aka "gold country!" My house is at about 4000 feet in elevation and I do get snow. It's absolutely beautiful. This is the view off my back deck and from my bedroom, living room and dining room!

024_21A.jpg

How beautiful. I have a friend that said this is the one place inthe world she wants to live.Can't afford to live that far from her job, but she vacations there when ever she can.

Not world war three, communications break down and different people want different things rom a message board. I was trained on political boards 20 years ago - now there you have world war III. A lot of political boards have very one sided editing, you have to search around to find a fair one and I did. But that also makes me enjoy having a different view than others and discussing it. I can't just EEE on schedule, but right now, everything seem pretty fine in Clay land.

I am mnot listeningto snippets, not so much because I want to be a vergin about it, but more because I want to hear an entire song at one time, I have done snippets and did not enjoy it so much, but I don't avoid video with snippets in it. It is jsut how I want to do it this time If I hear something by accident, so be it.

Hey!! anybody want to see a pic of my backyard?? :D

IMG_7481.jpg

I took that a couple of years ago.... but this one I took yesterday!

DSC00627.jpg

I listened to the snippets a bit today on the drive to and from lunch and shopping. I am really trying not to listen too much - I don't wnat to OD on them! I am really looking forward to hearing the whole songs tho!! I wonder how many he will sing on Monday? :D

I have spent the past couple of hours tracking down and printing chachadotter#1's wedding photos to put in an album to take to her best friend's bridal shower tomorrow. Now I'm pooped!

Nite all!!

Yeah, got to say that kind of annoyed me. I was just one person - and apparently not one who anyone gives a shit about - but I had expressly stated that I didn't want to hear Clay's thoughts on the subject until after I had a chance to hear the song, but did that stop anyone from spoiling it?

Nooooooooo!

You know, if you feel that strongly about not being spoiled, you really are going to have to stay completely off the boards (not just this one, either) until after you hear it for yourself on May 6th. This is a time of EEEEEEEEEing and excitement, of new info, interviews and appearances, all based on the new songs. There are going to be spoilers all over the place. Of course, people can express their opinions, and are free to like or dislike anything about the album. However, you can`t expect that people are going to muzzle themselves because you don`t want to know. I don`t think that is a fair thing to ask fans to do on a public message board.

Wow. This seems pretty much like a personal attack to me. I am sorry if this is how you feel but I fail to see how discussing Clay's words has suddenly become an attack on you. For goodness sake, if you read the Billboard article, you would have read the same thing! It is your choice whether or not to read/listen to Clay's interpretations of the songs as he speaks about them, but I do think the rest of us should have the choice to discuss them or not. Sorry, just not seeing any refusal to understand your predicament here. I understand it completely. If it was me with that sort of an issue, I'd just get off the boards until May 6th. That is what I was trying to communicate. I was not encouraging you to leave this or any board.

Speaking of staying off the boards, I will probably be scarce this weekend, as it is crimsonice's birthday weekend, and we will be doing some celebrating the big 2-3! :F_05BL17blowkiss: Yeah, it sure makes me feel old..........

Y'all have some gorgeous backyards! Hee, I'd show you a picture of mine, but it's about as big as a postage stamp, and the only view is of the weeds growing in the old 'vegetable patch' and the sagging chain link fence. However, it does the trick! I have a little patio with a grapevine cover, which is exceedingly ugly this time of year, but once the leaves come out it is a v.v. nice, shady spot to sit and sip a drink, read a book, etc, while the dog does her business. :cryingwlaughter:

Do I even want to go back and read? :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: Snap out of it! Pittsburgh airport has free wireless unlike that progressive city of San Francisco. 2 hours to my connecting flight and so far I'm having fun.

So don't ask me why I flew out of San Francisco when Oakland airport is 10 minutes from my house. I didn't much worry about it because my free taxi service is usually available. Not last night. So I dragged my big ass suitcase on the BART train all the way to SFO. But it went smoothly and had a lot of tiem before my flight. Instead of paying 50 cents per minute to use the internet - that's crazy! I plopped down $10 for a sandwich at the bar and took my everloving time while I watched the Spurs smack down the Suns. YAY. So on either side of me are basketball fans and I'm throwing out my bball knowlege left and right and this guy on the right says to me... isn't he a pro basketball player. I look at this guy I've been chatting with for the past hour and I draw a blank. And the guy asks the supposed pro player..aren't you...? And he just smiles and says shhhhhh. Ok so now I'm going..what the hell, oh me with the NBA league pass watching 20 games a week. It's freaking driving me nuts. George something or other so now I'm off to NBA.com and I will find this man if it takes all day. hee.

Anyway, I think I will go and download the interview I missed yesterday and whatever else before I catch up.... and did that Amazon video for OMWH ever make the vaults?

Oh while I was at my connecting train the friend I'm staying with calls me to see what time Spam was on Sunday. See I'm only going to see Clay once this weekend (yes perfectly normal but not for meeeeeeeeeeeeeee) because well she's very busy during the week with work and grad school so I wanted to spend time with her and not not spend every minute on Clay stuff. Well, she had the nerve to get a birthday present for a matinee show on Sunday (Thurgood) so I'm thinking hmmmmm now I can go see Clay heee. Off to look for a ticket. Yay.

ETA: Ok I haven't read yet but if the issue is staying spoiled about anything about the album and not just the sounds of the songs themselves that's going to be pretty hard to do if you're reading Clay boards every day. I mean we can all use spoiler tags but I don't think that's practical. I'll catch up before I say anything else because maybe that isn't the issue at all.

I'm so happy. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Good Morning Everyone,

2 Days until Clay is on QVC!

4 Days until Clay is on Tyra/ET!

5 Days until Clay is on VH1 Countdown!

8 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

10 Days until On My Way Here is Here!

11 Days until Clay is on GMA!

12 Days until Clay is on The View!

16 Days until Clay is on Leno!

20 Days until The Climmel!

23 Days until Clay is on Craig Ferguson!

Everyone have a great day! Have fun and safe travels to all those heading to Spamalot!

Kim

This is soooooo pretty....

CA_musicpass.jpg

Love the backyard pictures too. I don't have a large backyard, but it sits next to some wooded areas, so it really is quite pretty too.

I'm off to my Mom's today. Ya'll be good!

{{{{{{{FCA}}}}} Every.single.one.of.us.

ETA: via the CH, recaps from last night. I'll be waiting for a few people to show up here....*taps foot impatiently*

Friday, April 25th

Spamalot Intermission Report

Scarlett just called me. The connection was bad so it was hard to hear her but she said great show so far. Tom is back tonight so the whole cast is there tonight. Great crowd tonight. She doesnt know if it is sold out but looks like it. The balcony looks very full.

During the end of the Camelot scene Clay instead of being in the middle and the King and LOTL standing on the dice...its now since Hannah's injury the King and Clay standing on the dice and Hannah in the middle.

Great dancing tonight..everyone is full of energy. Clay is very animated!

Very cute during Run Away...at the end when they all start running they lined up in a different formation.

So much noise it was hard to hear her.

Spamalot Report

Just spoke to Scarlett. Great show. Pics were 250.00 with just Clay tonight. Clay did the talking tonight about Broadway cares and talked about what a priviledge it was to be on Broadway and how nice it is to give back. Also, he said it was a competion and he hates to loose...and laughed. She said he was chatty and talking fast. Quite a few people getting their pics taken with him but not as many as last night.

It was so hard to hear her lots of noise and static but I am pretty sure she said signed Playbills were now 20.00 and selling very well. I could of misunderstood her about them being 20.00 now but sounded like that is what she said.

Knights who say Ni did the Darth Vader thing tonight.

Yup, they still have buckets. I saw Brad Oscar and some dancers with them tonight. Photo for $250 and the signed Playbill was $20, poster $100. Clay told everyone about the contest and that he was sick and tired of not winning! Then he made Hannah talk about the photos and she called him "the very handome Sir Clay of Aiken" and called him handsome several other times. We ran into her heading into a building after the show and she said he made her do that! Not sure if she meant talk to the crowd or call him handsome! HAHA! I think the former. Something about being more nervous doing that than the show.

How fun to see nordie, Clayvia and Scarlett tonight! And all those other people whose names seep right out of my brain when I haven't slept in 37 hours.

Kights who say Ni did "Luke I am your father" three times.

Clay's eyes are very twinkly and damn that boy can DANCE! I had front row WAY on the side (Thanks to magical ticket fairy network) for the first act and even in baggy layered costumes, that boy looks fiiiiine. I don't recall ever thinking he looked so athletic before. Oh and he made sure to hold his tunic out and up so we could get a nice long look at his ass at the piano. Indeed.

I'm way too tired to say much else, but I will say EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Just a short recap of sorts from tonight's show... just a few things that struck me... I'm so exhausted.. so here goes off the top of my head...first time to see SPAMalot...

Holy crap!! OMG! The show was wonderful, but Clay just absolutely shines so brightly! It will never be the same without him. I was in SRO for the first half, with binocs. The tower scene was beyond my wildest imagination. After reading so many other recaps, I knew certain things I wanted to look for. The sing song part was impossible to imagine, just had to see it live, straight from the Aiken lips! So frickin hilarious!! Gosh he's good!!

I'm not dead yet scene, he was so perfect!! Nobody can work a triangle like Clay can. He totally integrates it into this scene, using the triangle and the "dinger" to accent what he's saying or singing, whatever, just so good!

The second half, thanks to a beautiful ticket fairy, I sat in front row to the left side. I couldn't get over how beautiful he is, just watching his face, he is truly a sight to be hold, but you already knew that, it's just so much more real and in your face in that kind of setting. His hair, even though it's a wig, works so well on him. I've always been a fan of the long hair on Clay, no, not particularly SPAM style, but the long hair also added to the total beauty. I dunno, just struck me.. these are my impressions...

His big number was so fantastic!! He got tons of applause. The audience loved it!

There was a NJU standing next to me during the seasons scene, I heard him say, "Just amazing." At another point, "Oh my God." Can't really say when this was, but this young 20 something was eating up the show! Seemed to me like lots of NJU in the audience, loving it!

That's it for now, internet time is almost up. But I'm having a wonderful time with my roomies coopersgirl, SmartyPantsSuz, and poshpenny!

Too tired for a long post but Hannah called him a young sexy singer and he looked at the others in the cast to see who she was taking about.

Show was fabulous and Clay Aiken put his arm around me!!!!!!! Yes I had a picure taken. He is gorgeous up close!!!!!

I saw lots of changes since opening night and after this weekend I will have to do a recap. The accent is even better, lots of nuances and not a lot of lapses back into NC accent.

"The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken." Can we use that as a thread title just for next week (his last week in the show, sob)?

This is soooooo pretty....

CA_musicpass.jpg

Wow, I thought this wasn't coming out for a while? Where did this picture come from? Is it already available?

Thanks for bringing over the Spam recaps, I didn't have time to go searching for them this morning. Got a houseful of people coming over today, and I have soooooooo much to do to get ready. Hee, I've already been to the grocery store, so I'm off to an early start!

*pushes self away from board*

Well good morning. It's a beautiful morning here and after staying up until 1AM playing Boggle and eating junk food with some friends last night, I think I'm ready to get moving.

A few words from an OMWH virgin. I have only heard the beginning few notes of a song, it takes me that long to find the mute button, so I really can't give my opinion of the cd or even one song. As far as Clay's interviews I gobble them up. Anything Clay says about the album I'll definitely relish. Wow! I must still be hungry.

His opinion has never affected my appreciation of any song. I'll read anyone's opinion and enjoy their happiness or sorrow. When I finally download the cd, in a little over a week, all those ideas, including Clays will be gone from my head and I will only hear the music, pure and new. So talk all you want I love it. :clap:

YMMV and thanks to everyone for making the time pass quickly before I have it in my hands.

Just finished catching up and I am hoping that people are ready to move on to more exciting things today. If there are still some unresolved feelings please help me out and take it to PM. I will be the lone Admin today...so I will truly appreciate it.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE that Music pass looks great. That looks like the picture of the packaging cos most of the music pass I saw in the stores looks like that. I wonder what the bonus track is...I suspect that is what we have been voting for...

Can't wait for Monday and I wonder if we will get more interviews or articles. Will he be giving interviews to radio stations???

I didn't respond the last time you and Clayzor attacked me personally, Claygasm, and I won't this time either. If my presence sucks the fun out of things for you - well you are the only one who can change that.

I'm loving the sound of that Billboard interview. I believe him when he says they are taking a wait and see approach to the timing of the next tour. I've said all along that I think it will be a Christmas tour, leading into a late winter/early spring pop tour. Somebody on CB posted Quiana's schedule (copied from her MySpace?) and it only has seven dates scattered over six months - June thru October. Predictions? Okay, since you asked :cryingwlaughter: Maybe he'll tour with another act this time (pop tour). A LOT of big names are doing it, so it isn't about being a 'star', it's about filling venues. And it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it were a country act. Total speculation based only on my crystal ball!

Do I even want to go back and read? :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: Snap out of it! Pittsburgh airport has free wireless unlike that progressive city of San Francisco. 2 hours to my connecting flight and so far I'm having fun.

I love the Pittsburgh airport, much better than my local Philadelphia airport. Yep, free wireless, great shopping, convenient car rental. I travel through there for work and always have a good experience.

Have a great time, couchtomato! I hope to see you and others from FCA on closing night!

When I was stuck in the JFK airport for 7 hours last time I was in NYC, I noticed that they have free wireless there, too. Way cool! Except I didn't have my laptop with me. Figures, eh?

Pittsburgh.......youngest son is heading there mid-May for 3 days, with the music department from his high school. They will be focusing on fun attractions and ethnic neighbourhoods. Not a place I ever had the desire to visit from a tourist point of view, but he is quite excited about it. It will be his first overnight trip without parents. How fast they grow up........

About Clay's response to the tour question, I have read on other boards that some people think he is just keeping things "close to the vest" etc, because they are convinced that a fall tour is in the works. I've never got that impression, I think he really is going to wait and see how things play out before planning a tour around OMWH. I totally think there will be one, but I'm not convinced it will be this year. I hope we at least get a Christmas tour, and then maybe a spring OMWH tour next year. That would work out fine for me. I need time to save up some $$ after all this Spamtasic stuff in 2007. I am definitely planning on taking a trip to Raleigh in October, though, for the BAF gala. It's cool that it's timed with the State Fair, because I wouldn't want to pass up an opportunity for another fried Twinkie! :cryingwlaughter:

Couchie, have a wonderful time and bring back recaps !! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I liked the Billy Bush interview and the Billboard interview. I am happy to get any tidbit from Clay about this album . I just love that man and his Voice. The snippets have made me very antsy to get the whole CD !!! It is going to be a thing of beauty !

re the google alerts this morning : I ignore all the BS !!!! I only click on the good stuff ! I am so amazed that our open-minded society's media spend so much time and energy in prying and mocking something like this.

eta- cindilu2, it is good to see you, I wanted to tell you I love your banners ! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

The tour - I think it's smart to see how things go, as that will affect interest by venues and size of venues to target. Whatever. Whenever. I'm ready.

Not to mention that Clay deserves a rest! We are so fortunate in this fandom, but the guy needs some time to recharge on occasion.

I am so excited about the buildup for this CD. :clap:

Couchie, have a wonderful time and bring back recaps !! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I liked the Billy Bush interview and the Billboard interview. I am happy to get any tidbit from Clay about this album . I just love that man and his Voice. The snippets have made me very antsy to get the whole CD !!! It is going to be a thing of beauty !

re the google alerts this morning : I ignore all the BS !!!! I only click on the good stuff ! I am so amazed that our open-minded society's media spend so much time and energy in prying and mocking something like this.

eta- cindilu2, it is good to see you, I wanted to tell you I love your banners ! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Thank you underthespell :F_05BL17blowkiss: And may I just say I loooooooove the one up there now. Clay has the most magnificent profile. GAH! And 00lsee, the last one with the sparkly Lady of the Lake kissprint was INSPIRED! I hope to see it up there again soon for it's rightful run.