#31: The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title Poll  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• The man with the titanium balls - and the voice to back them up!
    • OMG, chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills
    • They are seeing what WE see ? a brilliant, intelligent, and genuinely funny and lovely man.
    • Clay Aiken, I love your mad talented, tender-hearted, freakin' Broadway star, soul!
    • I'm totally jonesing for Clay Aiken's voice right now. God! I need to be sedated.
    • I could listen to that Raleigh son rattle on all day long. He makes me smile.
    • The whole damn thing was perfect!

D101 (I stand corrected) The pictures of Clay with Hannah on the street came immediately after a stage performance, one that I saw under very bright lights. Clay is a white white guy, what can I say. He needs to be colored up for stage, makeup and eyeliner and what ever else, be it television or theater. I have seen enough airport pictures of Clay to know he does not wear make up in his real life.

Here is a thought, I am going to donate pepsi points to someone to download OMWH, if other pepsi drinkers donated pespsi points, maybe we could get that song higher than a 200 download.

Bought my Wal-Mart CD with the bonus song. It's gooood. I'm impressed. I think, though, I have to joing KAndre in the "Falling" lovefest. The more I hear it the more I think it is the breakout song for radio. Way to go Clay. :clap: I'm so proud of you. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

kipper here is a kiss for you too. You certainly deserve one for your contribution. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Like the eyeliner - still don't like the blond.

KAndre and Clay stand firm against the crazy "dance" people...

I love that man. See, I don't see what he's saying as self-depreciation - I think at "almost 30" he's tried enough to say what he can and cannot do...he can learn choreography, and quite nicely, thank you very much. He can move to the music a titch when he feels like it - but he and I know, that ain't dancing! He's happy just knowin' the horizontal bugaloo, heh. I can't argue with the man emphasizing his strengths - what he's good at, he doesn't even pretend to deny. Maybe it's because he doesn't particularly want to dance or write - I ain't mad at him. Now, y'all can call him on what he thinks we will do - but I think he thinks he's being funny - he knows our asses are going nowhere.

The man has given me three albums that I can happily listen to every song on them - there are maybe a grand total of two songs that I simply like as opposed to love. The only other CDs I own I can say that for are a variery of greatest hits, and even on most of those I skip a number.

Like the eyeliner - still don't like the blond.

KAndre and Clay stand firm against the crazy "dance" people...

I love that man. See, I don't see what he's saying as self-depreciation - I think at "almost 30" he's tried enough to say what he can and cannot do...he can learn choreography, and quite nicely, thank you very much. He can move to the music a titch when he feels like it - but he and I know, that ain't dancing! He's happy just knowin' the horizontal bugaloo, heh. I can't argue with the man emphasizing his strengths - what he's good at, he doesn't even pretend to deny. Maybe it's because he doesn't particularly want to dance or write - I ain't mad at him. Now, y'all can call him on what he thinks we will do - but I think he thinks he's being funny - he knows our asses are going nowhere.

The man has given me three albums that I can happily listen to every song on them - there are maybe a grand total of two songs that I simply like as opposed to love. The only other CDs I own I can say that for are a variery of greatest hits, and even on most of those I skip a number.

I agree with you KAndre, 'cept I kinda like the blond. I don't think Clay wants people to expect him to start doing boy band dancing, even though that's choreography too. I think with his statements he's saying I'm a singer, not a dancer or songwriter, when pressed (and pressed hard) I can do it, but I'd really rather just sing.

As for me, many of the people whose music I've liked or loved never danced or wrote their own stuff.

The part I bolded, that is pretty much me, it's not to say I never skip anything, but if I do it's usually to get to one of my favorites, maybe something I haven't listened to in awhile.

The man has given me three albums that I can happily listen to every song on them - there are maybe a grand total of two songs that I simply like as opposed to love.

Yep. The only commercial Clay songs that I don't have on my IPOD are Touch & POYB.

I'm still in listen-in-full mode so I haven't skipped or repeated any OMWH songs. But....the ones I think most about wanting to repeat are WIDTL, TRM, and WOTW. The one I keep thinking I'd like to skip is ALAWH, but by the middle ... I'm always really glad that I didn't actually skip it. :)

----

I do find it funny not to actually have a CD tho. I have one on order from Wal-Mart and will pick up my extra stay-pure-in-the-wrapper one later this week. It's sorta weird to think that the only CD player I have is now on the lower. So while I'll rip the extra tune onto my computer I probably won't play the actual CD much at all. How times have changed from the bajilliondiggety times I played the Clingle on that very same CD player. Even in my car I only use my IPOD now.

---

For the moment...I'm giving myself a breaky-poo from my singing boyfriend. But only cuz...my baseball boyfriends will be streaming for me soon.... *g*

*sigh* Why do my days off go 50 times faster than my days on?

Ok, I am going to say this once and then get back to the CD glee.

When I saw him at QVC in the afternoon, it was a platform, not a stage and he was just chatting. No need for eyeliner and it was heavy eyeliner and it made him look like a damned transvestite! I was standing close to him and it was very disconcerting.

Then there were those pictures with Hannah out on the steets of NY wearing eyeliner that rivaled hers.

He looked like he was getting ready to undergo a sex change operation.

He is just too damn pretty to be wearing eyeliner!

I understand he needs to wear something on stage and on TV. But never before did I notice him wearing so much eyeliner. It just bothers me a lot to see him like that.

My problem.

But I don't like my boyfriend looking like he should be in drag!

I want him looking hot and handsome.

Maybe if I had never seen him so close at QVC. It just really threw me.

So I HATE it when I see him wearing OBVIOUS eyeliner. Besides, well applied - either for TV appearances or in real life - you shouldn't NOTICE the eyeliner.

Especially not on a guy!

We were talking about this a bit last night at the CDR party. My thought was that he said in one interview that Spamalot forced him to learn to do his own makeup. When I first started doing makeup, I used too much of everything. I'll betcha he just learned stage makeup, which is heavy and figured that would work for tv, too, which is not true. I hope he watches some tv or sees the pictures/captions and, like the weight pic that made him go off Paxil, learns to have a much lighter hand or go back to just using mascara when he needs to have his lashes darker so they show up.

After I read the dedication on the CD, I declared today a personal national holiday and have just been wallowing in Clay all day.

I'm so frigging happy.

When it comes to EIDN, just call me Baby Mama. And I'm mulling over having a full-blown affair with the bridge of The Real Me.

When it comes to Clay, my morals may be ... flexible. I'm willing to give Kipper the BJ of a lifetime for this.

I think it will take me at least a couple of days to settle down enough to be able to discuss this album in PG-13 terms.

Shit! A friend of mine just called to tell me a mutual friend of ours - who I haven't seen in years but who seems to be cursed as far as truly awful things happening to him - came home to find his wife dead - slumped over her make-up table with her make-up half done. She was only in her mid 50's.

This guy had a major heart attack at 30-something, his house burned down about 10 years ago and in the process of getting his wife out he fell from a second story window and broke his back. He has had many operations on it but is basically disabled. Their now grown son has something major wrong with him, although I can't remember what, and now his wife just fell over dead. Hadn't been sick. No idea what happened.

Kind of puts life in perspective.

And kind of dampens the excitement I was having over having a wide awake listen of OMWH.

And my Walmart copy didn't come either.

Think I'll go have some wine......

When it comes to EIDN, just call me Baby Mama. And I'm mulling over having a full-blown affair with the bridge of The Real Me.

When it comes to Clay, my morals may be ... flexible. I'm willing to give Kipper the BJ of a lifetime for this.

I think it will take me at least a couple of days to settle down enough to be able to discuss this album in PG-13 terms.

keepingfaith...just wordy word word to this. (Think Kipper would object to us both...thanking him? :whistling-1: Actually, think Kipper would mind if I just skip him and go directly to Clay with the BJ of a lifetime? :lilredani: )

Just took a CD present to my local buddy. We sat in her living room for a few songs blasting; then when she had to take a daughter to soccer practice, we listened to some more blasting in the car as we tooled down the road; then after we dropped off the daughter, we got an ice cream cone and sat out in the car with the rest blasting.

She cried during Sacrificial Love.

She groaned during EIDN.

Her jaw dropped during The Real Me.

She rocked out on Ashes and Falling.

She wants to have illicit sex with pretty much everything she heard.

I love giving presents like that, don't you? :lilredani:

There's something wrong with being a transvestite?

Or having a sex change?

CRAP!

I knew I should have kept that frigging penis.

Well. Gosh. I just listened to The Real Me cranked up loud in the car, and I have come to the conclusion that I could listen to him sing nothing but the word 'frailty' for the rest of my life and die happy. Seriously. I heard it several times today at work and was enthralled with it - but tonight in the car, I swear I found my eyes leaking. Like I nearly had to pull of the road leaking. What a masterpiece this song is.

Well. Gosh. I just listened to The Real Me cranked up loud in the car, and I have come to the conclusion that I could listen to him sing nothing but the word 'frailty' for the rest of my life and die happy. Seriously. I heard it several times today at work and was enthralled with it - but tonight in the car, I swear I found my eyes leaking. Like I nearly had to pull of the road leaking. What a masterpiece this song is.

I think that is the song I've listened to the most, it does sound great in the car, and I think it is a masterpiece too,

Not hardly! Don't tell anyone, but I find Eddie Izzard all kinds of hot when he is in drag. :-)

Or when he is not. :-)

Since Clay looked just fine on tV, I was thinking the makeup was just put on early, so he wouldn't have to take time to do it. No biggie.

CG, I found your statements quite offensive. I think most in the LGBT community probably would too. Hope you feel better for getting them off your chest, though. Maybe now you can let it go and move on.

00lsee, I won't quote your post because I see you've removed it. But it was spot on. Please bring it back. It was important.

Or having a sex change?

CRAP!

I knew I should have kept that frigging penis.

:cryingwlaughter: You have a way with words. *muah*

Back to listening to OMWH.........it heals all wounds. I love the part in The Real Me that comes right after the snippet part....he sings about the mess he's made, I love the tone on those lines. Just GAH. I'll be taking my iPod to bed again tonight. :)

I don't want to overstep any of the mods who do more work than me but as long as no blood is drawn I see nothing wrong with expressing opinion regarding any post made here. Strong statements will always elicit strong reaction... isn't that what our blingy one says?

I HAVE NOT HEARD THE ALBUM YET! WHAT THE FRICK? But I was a good girl and went to Walmart and bought my album with the bonus song. As god is my witness I will listen to this album before the sun rises. DAMIT.

It was MY opinion and I have the right to express it any fucking way I want! As I said, I believe your opinion of me colored what I said.

No, I would have been equally offended by anyone who posted that. But from now on, I'll use the ignore function to avoid being offended by you again.

Night all. Have a good one.

I think it will be good when people reach the place where they don't need to put down groups of people to make a negative point about someone.

I've probably been guilty of it myself, but careless words can be quite hurtful.

(Not counting all the times when I've been purposefully a bitch!)

It's fine to not like men in mascara.

Isn't saying that sufficient?