OMWH Listening Party!

ldyjocelyn

So, what does this mean?

"Stop the music. Play the song."

It's southern for "Start the music, play the song." :cryingwlaughter:

Seriously, that's what I hear, but I just checked the lyric sheet.

I guess it means, stop whatever you're playing and play our song??

Clay sounds fabulous on this song. Pretty song. Just not that interesting to me.

It would be great for a movie soundtrack, though. It needs images.

But if you listen to the lyrics it conjures up images in your mind. I see a couple after a fight. She's crying. He sees her and his heart melts. He reaches out to her, but she pulls away. He takes her hand and pulls her close and whispers in her ear....... Before you know it, they are swaying to unheard music, enveloped in each other's arms. Tears are gently falling from both their eyes now, but they are tears of joy and tears of contentment.

I really see this as a great music for a lyrical/contemporary/jazz choreography on SYTYCD.

that last "something about us" at the end. It is so......well, gorgeous, his voice caresses the words and the accompaniment is so terrific, understated, not overwhelming.....

"its old and new" a great sound there

the growl comes after " a photograph" it is a minigrowl but powerful nonetheless

So, what does this mean?

"Stop the music. Play the song."

It's southern for "Start the music, play the song." :cryingwlaughter:

Seriously, that's what I hear, but I just checked the lyric sheet.

I guess it means, stop whatever you're playing and play our song??

I always sing 'start' in my head, too!

I seriously thought that's what he was singing!

Well this is a familiar sound for me from Clay... sounds like one of those Xmas songs he sings every year but I can't put my finger on which one right now....heee..anyway, it's beautiful.

Hmmm, I think it has some similarities to WAYDNE. Romantic, slow, seductive.

As I said upthread, reminds me of Season of Romance from the JNT05.

Scarlett says what strings? Like visible supporting devices?

HA HA HA HAH!

BWAH!

I love the arrangement, strings, piano, gentle drums, and acoustic guitar. Very, very pretty, and the sparseness really allows Clay's voice to shine.

Others have mentioned the growl - oooooh, that makes me weak in the knees!

This would be great in a movie like The Fabulous Baker Boys (thank god I have a movie geek with me!)

Clay sounds fabulous on this song. Pretty song. Just not that interesting to me.

It would be great for a movie soundtrack, though. It needs images.

But if you listen to the lyrics it conjures up images in your mind. I see a couple after a fight. She's crying. He sees her and his heart melts. He reaches out to her, but she pulls away. He takes her hand and pulls her close and whispers in her ear....... Before you know it, they are swaying to unheard music, enveloped in each other's arms. Tears are gently falling from both their eyes now, but they are tears of joy and tears of contentment.

I really see this as a great music for a lyrical/contemporary/jazz choreography on SYTYCD.

Oh yes! (tm Sir Robin)

that last "something about us" at the end. It is so......well, gorgeous, his voice caresses the words and the accompaniment is so terrific, understated, not overwhelming.....

the growl comes after " a photograph" it is a minigrowl but powerful nonetheless

Beautiful description.

CG, I like your scenario too, verrrrry nice.

I guess this is another song that conjures up a story for people.

Maybe that's why I like it so much. To me, songs are poetry set to music. Poetry to me has always been about the imagery. This to me tells so many stories. It just challenges not to see a story in your mind when listening to it.

Yes.