OMWH Listening Party!

ldyjocelyn

Did someone said the lyrics seemed awkward in parts? Cause I think they do.

Yeah- I keep wanting to change some of the lines. But I love the SOUND of the song.

Wonder if this will play well with the Aiken Random Lyric Generator in concert? :cryingwlaughter:

To the reviewers who say there is one lush ballad after another...FUCK YOU!

Couchie, I was going to post something like this after the next song, because, I don't see how anyone can listen to the first 4 songs and complain about the "sameness" of them. They are all so completely different.

By the time I get to the 4th song, I'm reminded this man can sing anything!!!!

I think I would have loved to be a fly on the wall during the whole recording process of this one. Right from the time Kipper introduced the track, and Clay's reaction to the demo, to him growling those lines out in the studio. Yeah, video of that would be primo, I'm thinking............

OK, I seriously think I need to hit pause and take a moment, because 3 times in a row of this song is enough to give me heart palpitations.

Yeah- I keep wanting to change some of the lines. But I love the SOUND of the song.

Wonder if this will play well with the Aiken Random Lyric Generator in concert? :cryingwlaughter:

BWAH! Can't wait to hear that! :cryingwlaughter:

Won't you leeeeeeeettttt me go?

Hell no!

Then TELL meeeeeeee-eeeeee----eeee!

I UUUUUNNNNNDerstand what you do...

Gah. This song had me from the first listen and I'm its beyotch, no lie. I absolutely LOVE the way he caresses the words and notes...

And Gibby, I know you notice this but the way he crafts the sounds of these words---

You fill my head (fill my head in falsetto)

You block my view (block in falsetto, but my view sounding fuller)

It's killin' mee (then all full force)

It's a progression and he KILLLS on it! He's soooo freakin' talented and skilled with his instrument. heh.

Muski, I totally agree! I noticed that right off. He tried to sing it that way on QVC, and it wasn't as effective as it is on the album. Man, changing back and forth between falsetto is tough, but he's got it mastered, at least in this song! It adds a different vocal texture to the song.

This is my current favorite on the album. It's got a fabulous bluesy feel. The guitar at the beginning is just gorgeous. This song has a great beat, the drums are again that jazz-style, spare sound that works really well with his strong vocals.

"Last of a dying breed" is a lyric that bugs a bit.

Love the background on those lines, "get out of my dreams/bed/head sequence."

The melody is dissonant, really interesting. Is it a minor key or even a different mode altogether. Almost atonal for a line or two at various points, as in "You fill my head, you block my view, it's killing me."

I feel almost compel to create a story in my mind when I listen to this.

Love the way it comes back again to the intro with drum, guitar, keyboards. Very jazzy ending.

LOVE this song.

Totally agree with this...I love the dissonance of the song too...and I think the story really comes out more from the way he sings this song...not jsut with the lyrics. Its as if he was really acting out the story.

pretend cool song???hee them's fighting words miss scarlett!!!

"you block my view" was obviously written to the clack gatherers.

:cryingwlaughter:

:cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter:

I sorta take the "last of a dying breed' to be like "they broke the mold when they made you, sweetheart"...like holyshit, you're lethal...

THANK YOU!

Now I have a hook to hang that line on!!!

Wow! That works in the context of the song really well. Thanks!

I love these lyrics - "I don't the answers to the questions I didn't ask" - heeee, that cracks me up.

To the reviewers who say there is one lush ballad after another...FUCK YOU!

Couchie, I was going to post something like this after the next song, because, I don't see how anyone can listen to the first 4 songs and complain about the "sameness" of them. They are all so completely different.

By the time I get to the 4th song, I'm reminded this man can sing anything!!!!

You know, I was thinking the same thing. The first song is a mid-tempo pop ballad. The second is a pop/rock song. The third is a bluesy.R7B tinged pop rock song and the fourth is a smokey, jazzy ballad. They are all so different. This is truly an eclectic album and that is one reason I like it so much.

Yah, I think so too. I suspect it has great potential for the Random Lyric Generator in concert...but I DO want to be there when he grrrrroooooooooooowwwwwwwwllllllllss!!!!!

Haven't really gotten into this one, and I LOVE funk...but this just doesn't do it for me as much as some of the others.

Won't you leeeeeeeettttt me go?

Hell no!

Then TELL meeeeeeee-eeeeee----eeee!

I UUUUUNNNNNDerstand what you do...

Gah. This song had me from the first listen and I'm its beyotch, no lie. I absolutely LOVE the way he caresses the words and notes...

And Gibby, I know you notice this but the way he crafts the sounds of these words---

You fill my head (fill my head in falsetto)

You block my view (block in falsetto, but my view sounding fuller)

It's killin' mee (then all full force)

It's a progression and he KILLLS on it! He's soooo freakin' talented and skilled with his instrument. heh.

Muski, I totally agree! I noticed that right off. He tried to sing it that way on QVC, and it wasn't as effective as it is on the album. Man, changing back and forth between falsetto is tough, but he's got it mastered, at least in this song! It adds a different vocal texture to the song.

yup I think this is a song that will need a bit of rehearsals for him to get the changing textures live...but I am soooo looking forward to this live. I really liked the QVC performance.

You fill my head

You block my view

It's killin' me

Can't you just see the look on his face when he sings this in concert???

:Thud:

EVERYTHING I DON'T NEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #1 favorite for me!!!!!!!

I've been obsessed with this one since the first listen!!!!!!!!!!!! The QVC studio acoustics were poor and I couldn't wait to hear this from the recording studio!!!! It's even better then I expected!!!!!

Hearing it for about the 30th time............drove around aimlessly yesterday with this on repeat for too long but I can't get enough of it!!!! Love the jazzy, bluesey sound....and the GROWL!....and just before the first chorus when he groans "Well, now!" in such a sexy way!! You know what I mean?

I love the lyrics and the angst.....sort of like I Survived you when he was 'acting' angry! This time it sounds very 'real' and wonderful ! Let him go, Lady! He doesn't need you anymore! Got it? He has all of us fans!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL