#33: Let's all chant "I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!"

FCA Thread Title  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• So, how about that Clay Aiken?
    • The guy is just endlessly fascinating, isn't he?
    • Artificial insemination, well at least we know he had a hand in it.
    • If you claim he's got titanium balls, why not let him use them?
    • I'm happy to let Clay do whatever he wants.
    • I have ears and a brain and a heart, and I like what OMWH does to them.
    • Magical Mercurial Music Maker!
    • Clay--still the one.
    • In general, his voice just DOES something good to me. It makes things seem...better, somehow.

Clay NOT a musician? Of course he is! He played piano in Spamalot, din'he??? HUH?

His resume can now read: singer, whistler, dancer, musician, comedian, nerd, geek, humanitarian.

The ONLY thing he can't do is use chopsticks... :lmaosmiley-1:

:cryingwlaughter:

S'true

Nice, nice picture...

AOL Sessions Homepage with Clay on top

Oh, and the five Q&A question videos also. He talks about being not-a-musician more in here. Nice videos. :hubbahubba:

Clay's video page on AOL

I suspect Clay's ability to move around was constrained by the camera set-up in the AOL studios.

Maybe he'll make Quiana and Angela learn how to do the bottle dance and they can break it down during the On My Way to Do Clay Aiken Tour.

thbottledancefromspamalot.gif

:cryingwlaughter:

Clay NOT a musician? Of course he is! He played piano in Spamalot, din'he??? HUH?

His resume can now read: singer, whistler, dancer, musician, comedian, nerd, geek, humanitarian.

Oh, let's not forget - ACTOR!

:clay:

Yeah, but he can PLAY Chopsticks on the piano, so that cancels each other out. *g*

Regarding Clay not "moving" during the AOL Sessions -- just for point of reference, I watched a bit of Kelly Clarkson's set, specifically Since U Been Gone. Gosh darn it, there must be glue on the floor where the singer stands, 'cause she didn't move an inch either. She kinda bopped in place, but her feet didn't move. *g* I think in regards to Clay, it's an expectation from us -- "we" have seen him move in concert so much, that now it feels like it should be a given. IMO, this could work towards Clay's favor -- if people see him in these Sessions and decide later to see him in concert, I think they will get a nice surprise. JMO of course.

from moonhead

"On My Way Here" is back up to #30 on Mediabase today with 83 spins.
:clap:

ETA:

Foxes on Idol

Idol Chartwatch, May 28: Jennifer Hudson’s Single Debuts on the Charts

by Donna Reynolds

After a respectable start, Clay Aiken’s fourth album, On My Way Here, took a hit this week, selling just over 20,000 copies and dropping from #4 to #18 on the Billboard 200. The album came in at #6 on Top Digital Albums and #6 on Top Internet Albums. Obviously, the Claymates can only carry their man so far, and if sales are any reflection, their numbers appear to be dwindling. It’s too bad, because this is a solid effort on Clay’s part and has some really, really nice tracks that are both melodic and meaningful. This is the album he should have released third, that’s for sure.

In the SAU video - it almost looks like he is making "goo goo" eyes at somebody.

Any ideas? :whistling-1:

'course it could just be that since Q&A are off camera that they could be making eyes at him!

Remember during JBT when they wrote "I Love Clay" on their eyelids?! :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Yeah...I took the mic caressing one rather than the mic tapping one...too much of Ben in the thumbs one...and besides, I was secretly hoping for this one anyway...lawdy, lawdy...I can just watch him and imagine that his hands are running up voluptuous ME instead of that emaciated MicStand hussy. :hubbahubba:

BTW...AOL sessions of MOAM? Heh. I'd spent a few days with Totally down at her house and we'd had some heavy 'life' discussions. When I got home, I went online (surprise!) and watched MOAM and bawled my eyes out. I'd liked the song before, but ever since that night...watching him whisper those notes to me while wrenching his heart out in those words....I was forever and always that song's (and his) bitch. Gah.

I'm reading Gail Sheehy's book "Sex and the Seasoned Woman" (Remember her earlier book, "Passages"?). If you haven't read this, I heartily recommend it--it SPEAKS to us women and this Clay Aiken ride we're choosing to be on...it's also ringing some bells for me and my 'real' life with hubby and self...

This particular quote sounds familiar so I think maybe someone has already posted it on some board, but it's worth repeating---from Ms. Sheehy's book:

What makes a seasoned woman?

Time.

A seasoned woman is spicy. She has been marinated in life experience. Like a complex wine, she can be alternately sweet, tart, sparkling, mellow. She is both maternal and playful. Assured, alluring, and resourceful. She is less likely to have an agenda than a young woman---no biological clock tick-tocking besider her lover's bed, no campaign to lead him to the altar, no rescue fantasies. The seasoned woman knows who she is. She could be any one of us, as long as she is committed to living fully and passionately in the second half of her life, despite failures and false starts.

How old is a seasoned woman?

As Vera told Auntie Mame, "Somewhere between forty and death."

Good morning. Interesting comment about how OMWH should have been Clay's 3rd album. Wonder what they think the difference would have been. People were still buying CDs? Kind of sad that they imply only "Claymates" are buying it.

Had to laugh at the KLo video. With what seems to be like a raging ego from her since the show, it probably galled her that HER interview had alot about Clay in it! Although I didn't think the radio folk were very respectful of him.

ChaCha - I've changed my ding dang background 3 different times in the last 24 hours. You're killing me with those beautimous wallpapers. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Poured something fierce last night and this morning I'm sitting in the middle of a cloud. They come right down on the mountain and it's so weird. Like being back in the fog in San Francisco - except we don't get fog here.

I never remember dreams but I had one about Clay's closet last night. I was looking at a wall of shelves that had nothing but sweaters folded up. Saw the argyle one, the one with the purple, green and yellow stripes on the cuff and neck, the fuzzy green one from the Webisode and CD signing, and the purplish green one from the McDonald's "hand in cement" day. I mean there were HUNDREDS of sweaters on those shelves. (what snack did Iseeme have before hitting the pillow last night...........)

I never remember dreams but I had one about Clay's closet last night. I was looking at a wall of shelves that had nothing but sweaters folded up. Saw the argyle one, the one with the purple, green and yellow stripes on the cuff and neck, the fuzzy green one from the Webisode and CD signing, and the purplish green one from the McDonald's "hand in cement" day. I mean there were HUNDREDS of sweaters on those shelves. (what snack did Iseeme have before hitting the pillow last night...........)

Hee, maybe that's why I told him to put a sweater on in my dream! :cryingwlaughter:

He sings it so lovingly that, well, I won't ship, but he seems quite happy.

I have to agree with this. The *cough*few*cough* times I watched SAU yesterday, I almost - almost - felt like I was intruding on a private moment. I don't get much into the shipping, other than teasingly now & then, or trying to interpret his thoughts & feelings, but this is one performance where I really feel like he might be singing to someone..... :wub:

And it isn't me! :cry4:

Luckiest.....hah! Let's dream about his pants tonite, k? :hubbahubba: (only please act responsible .......none of this "put those back on" stuff)

I don't ship, but I wish! I've just thought for a long time that there is someone in his life. Even last summer he seemed so much more confident and mature. I have no clue who it is - thought Jamie for awhile, don't think it's Hannah....don't care who it is as long as he's happy. I've always had this vision of Clay sitting in a rocking chair with a little red-headed baby singing lullabies! Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :cry4:

I have to agree with this. The *cough*few*cough* times I watched SAU yesterday, I almost - almost - felt like I was intruding on a private moment. I don't get much into the shipping, other than teasingly now & then, or trying to interpret his thoughts & feelings, but this is one performance where I really feel like he might be singing to someone..... :wub:

Yeah, and the fact that he named SAU in that one interview, pre-release, as the song that would define him (or something like that, forget exact wording).....

Luckiest.....hah! Let's dream about his pants tonite, k? :hubbahubba: (only please act responsible .......none of this "put those back on" stuff)

I don't ship, but I wish! I've just thought for a long time that there is someone in his life. Even last summer he seemed so much more confident and mature. I have no clue who it is - thought Jamie for awhile, don't think it's Hannah....don't care who it is as long as he's happy. I've always had this vision of Clay sitting in a rocking chair with a little red-headed baby singing lullabies! Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :cry4:

BUT - why does being confident and mature mean he is in a relationship? Couldn't life experiences, growing up, couldn't that make him confident and mature? He is young. He has time. Maybe he needed to grow up, grow into himself, get that confidence and maturity BEFORE even thinking about a relationship.

Yeah, and the fact that he named SAU in that one interview, pre-release, as the song that would define him (or something like that, forget exact wording).....

And maybe its the song that defines him STYLISTICALLY! Maybe he sings it so beautifully because its a style he loves and feels comfortable with and one that works with his voice.

Why is everyone so anxious to marry the guy off? Can't someone be happy if they're not in a relationship? I mean, if he is, great. But he doesn't have to be to be happy - or sing a love song beautifully.

Aww come on CG - let us dream! No he doesn't have to be in a relationship to be mature and confident but even the way he acted on the first Tyra was a departure....flirting with her openly, asking for a kiss. I think maybe in some smallish way he realizes he isn't that ugly dorky kid he always thought he was.

Anyway - I'm going to think what I want to think because it's fun.

I think some of us want him in a relationship because he's almost 30 years old, has spoken frequently about wanting a family and being married, and he would make an absolutely fantastic father! I wish for him what I always wished for my own son - a happy marraige and a couple of kids!!! I don't think there's anything wrong with that!!!! I think it would complete him!

Song most likely to be a signature song--that was the wording.

CG, we gotta keep it on the downlow that you can have a fulfilled life as a single person, lest the human population cease to reproduce. :cryingwlaughter:

But :word: to this!

Maybe he needed to grow up, grow into himself, get that confidence and maturity BEFORE even thinking about a relationship.

Aww come on CG - let us dream! No he doesn't have to be in a relationship to be mature and confident but even the way he acted on the first Tyra was a departure....flirting with her openly, asking for a kiss. I think maybe in some smallish way he realizes he isn't that ugly dorky kid he always thought he was.

I think some of us want him in a relationship because he's almost 30 years old, has spoken frequently about wanting a family and being married, and he would make an absolutely fantastic father! I wish for him what I always wished for my own son - a happy marraige and a couple of kids!!! I don't think there's anything wrong with that!!!! I think it would complete him!

Yeah that! ^^^

I just want him happy - whatever that means & however it happens for him. He's talked before about it being difficult to focus on a relationship in this business and wanting to be a father someday. Thinking & hoping that he might perhaps be in love is just harmless, positive speculation on my part. Just wanting something for him that I feel he wants for himself. I also know that I'm projecting a bit because this song & the way he sings it certainly makes me want to be in love!

You're aboslutely correct though, CG. Being in love and in a relationship is not in any way a prerequisite for being able to sing a love song so beautifully. Clay is, afterall, an artist and it's his job to breathe life into the words he's singing.

And maybe its the song that defines him STYLISTICALLY! Maybe he sings it so beautifully because its a style he loves and feels comfortable with and one that works with his voice.

Yeah, I thought about that too. Could be. But it's more fun to think of other options. ;)

Why is everyone so anxious to marry the guy off? Can't someone be happy if they're not in a relationship? I mean, if he is, great. But he doesn't have to be to be happy - or sing a love song beautifully.

Oh God, I'm not anxious to marry him off. I'm not a big proponent of marriage. But I think he wants to be in a relationship, because so many of his songs deal with loneliness, etc. Heck, I sure know it's possible to be happy as a single person! I'm the happiest I've ever been, and am in no rush to find another relationship. I just think people (i.e. his fans) want the world for him, you know? And he's mentioned wanting to be a father, etc.

CG, we gotta keep it on the downlow that you can have a fulfilled life as a single person, lest the human population cease to reproduce. :cryingwlaughter:

And then there's someone like me -- married, but with no desire to add to the human population whatsoever. I REALLY have to keep that one on the downlow. *g*

But :word: to this!

Maybe he needed to grow up, grow into himself, get that confidence and maturity BEFORE even thinking about a relationship.

Again, from personal experience, I have to agree with this. It took me what seems to be forever before I felt confident enough to have a relationship...and even then, I had to stop "looking" for a relationship to find one. Thing is, everyone is different -- some people meet their "soul mates" in high school and stay married into their 90's. Some, of course, do not. Some people are perfectly happy being single. Some, of course, are not.

My overriding thing with Clay is that I want him to be happy. Period. If that means focusing on his career, so be it. If that means having someone special in his life (without prying fans knowing about it), more power to him. He has said he wants to be a father -- but there's time for that. (Heck, if Tony Randall can have a kid when he was 75 years old....) But, it could be that he's ready for it now too.

Don't get me wrong, I like imagining him with a certain someone, but that's never been an overriding thought for me.

And for the record, as much as I love him singing SAU -- I think it's more the stylistic thing that gets me than the "he's singing it to someone...." thing. *shrug*

Besides.... if he was telling the truth in LAA, that's what he wants too! (I bolded the part I like!)

I noticed the number of views on AOL Sessions has gone up considerably since last night when they stopped working for me! (They started up again tho, it must have been my computer, I had too many things open... I tend to do that! :D)

Just now Ashes was up to 15,000 something!

Iseeme - glad you like the wallpapers! I take you want me to stop making them for a couple of days? :cryingwlaughter:

kareneh - that just floors me that you couldn't get the AOL page in the first place! So I'm really glad the webpage works for you!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Okay, based on this morning's conversations, I now have a vivid picture in my mind's eye of a Clay / Hannah duet on Something About Us. That would be almost too much creamy goodness to bear...

[And sweaters wouldn't need to be involved, but I suppose pants would be necessary.]

Wanders back to work humming: "It's my daydream and I'll 'ship if I want to; 'ship if I want to; 'ship if I want to!"

Okay, based on this morning's conversations, I now have a vivid picture in my mind's eye of a Clay / Hannah duet on Something About Us. That would be almost too much creamy goodness to bear...

[And sweaters wouldn't need to be involved, but I suppose pants would be necessary.]

Wanders back to work humming: "It's my daydream and I'll 'ship if I want to; 'ship if I want to; 'ship if I want to!"

That would be too much like Donny and Marie. They look too much alike and wear too much eyeliner when together!

That would be too much like Donny and Marie. They look too much alike and wear too much eyeliner when together!

do we have a stick out your tongue emoticon :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

For some unknown reason that I can't begin to understand I've only shipped him with K-Lo, Angela, and Tyra :cryingwlaughter: but even then I'm not much of the shipper sort...but Bottle, move on over and save me a seat. I absolutely adore the thought of it.