#33: Let's all chant "I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!"

FCA Thread Title  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• So, how about that Clay Aiken?
    • The guy is just endlessly fascinating, isn't he?
    • Artificial insemination, well at least we know he had a hand in it.
    • If you claim he's got titanium balls, why not let him use them?
    • I'm happy to let Clay do whatever he wants.
    • I have ears and a brain and a heart, and I like what OMWH does to them.
    • Magical Mercurial Music Maker!
    • Clay--still the one.
    • In general, his voice just DOES something good to me. It makes things seem...better, somehow.

I think I am going to throw up. "We're sorry the clip you are trying to play is not available in your area." I think this was the same message I got when I was in Halifax and there were some videos put up on an AOL site back in April......Pop Eater? Some webisodes or something? Dammit!!

I used to be able to get AOL videos when I wasn't in the USA. Should I blame regulators or money grubbers for this one? Crap!!

:cry4:

Thanks for the details and the caps. I'll run down to the office in the morning, print them out and make a flip book. If someone could cap those hands stroking the mic stand I'll print and extra copy just for them.

cha cha. ..you need a son, my one and only first born is on his way to you. :big hug:

I agree with muski about everything except for this:

And CMSU! At the end of EIDN, the ole' Aiken Random Lyric Generator had a go---he sang "Get outta my room, get outta my bed"...at the end as the music was fading...heh! He looked over at the girls and sorta shook his head like, 'Hell, I dunno why I sang that!?!??!" :cryingwlaughter:

I thought that was totally planned...because the girls then finished off the lyric of that first section of the first verse. EIDN is a song that does a fade out on record, and I think that's probably their planned "live" ending....

muski, I'll let you have those thumbs for a gif (gah) if someone will get me those expressive hands he has during the interview portions....

ldyj....I guess I'll just have to watch EIDN a few hundred more times to see if what you're suggesting is a possibility... :cryingwlaughter:

BTW...when he loosens up even more on this song, he's going to KILL women, you hear me? Simply slay us. He has fun singing this, I think, and will really vamp it up...His fingers already have it down to a sensual science...the more he sings it, the more his shoulders and those eyes and smirk will follow suit...

gah.

Thanks for the details and the caps. I'll run down to the office in the morning, print them out and make a flip book.

BWAH! Hopefully someone with the know-how will get those to you--Scarlett?

Sounds like now that the Spam run and the Canada visit is over, the future in Baku is looming long and large. {{{Karen eh}}}. If so, and I know you know this already--it does get better with time. Really. It does.

This band ... The Beau Brummels Redux?

BWAH! They DO look like one of those "British Invasion" bands---Turtles, etc.---that bombarded the States in the 60s! BWAH! :cryingwlaughter: (And I swear...Sean and Ben could be brothers!)

I guess everybody's streaming because now I can't get them to play for me...gets down to '5 items remaining' in the download thingy and then just stalls forever...sigh. I wanna watch EIDN again (and again)....it's a fave of mine, in case you guys haven't figured that one out yet.... :whistling-1:

Ah, Cooksy's got his first Fameho groupie... They grow up so fast. Can a bad break-up and a trip to rehab followed by a cathartic CD full of broken-heart songs be far behind?

BWAH! :cryingwlaughter:

I like David Cook, but ..... KimberMEEEE?? Poor guy. I kind of wish I didn't know this bit of info.

And it comes from his appearance on Regis & KellMEEEE? I'm not rattled by all of the people who have made jokes about Clay. Most of it is written by other people anyway. But the one person who totally disgusts me as a human being is Kelly Ripa. I don't care if she's a good mother and a dog lover, I can't stand the sight or sound of the woman. In the time it takes for my brain to recognize her face or voice, I am either clicking the channel, or I'm out of the room. That much emotion about a TV person is unusual for me, but I can't tolerate two seconds of her. Or Howard Stern. And those two are friends. I feel the need to wash my hands after typing their names.

I'm glad I got that off my chest. :humor00239:

17.gif

EEEEEEEEEEE for the AOL Sessions! Just got home from lunch, coffee & grocery shopping and now I'm running off for Clay to sing to meeeeeee!!! :flirtysmile3:

TUESDAY BANNER CHANGE!!!

thanks to Cha cha trusty for our new banner!!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE for the AOL sessions!!! He looks so good but I think he needs to be on the concert stage for a bit to get his natural moves back...HEE

Love these songs...on the CD and live...

MUSKIFEST WROTE:

Poor Claybee....voice cracked a few times, might have been struggling with a cold or something? But he sounds GREAT! And CMSU! At the end of EIDN, the ole' Aiken Random Lyric Generator had a go---he sang "Get outta my room, get outta my bed"...at the end as the music was fading...heh! He looked over at the girls and sorta shook his head like, 'Hell, I dunno why I sang that!?!??!"

Looks terrific! He does sorta look preppy...dark jeans, dark solid color sweater, white shirt tail hanging out in front, collar of shirt under neckline...and just the top part of the knot in the tie visible...

I agree............. :cryingwlaughter:

I'm glad the girls didn't over power him. I hate it when they do that. He looked very nice.............:Thud:

Count me in with the group that hates Kelly Rippa. Also don't like Kim Caldwell. I like Clay a lot though. Does that count? :hubbahubba:

ETA: It's almost June for Heaven's sake. Clay is still wearing sweaters? 3 layers of clothes so he doesn't freckle, inside the building? :cryingwlaughter:

Sometimes he is an odd duck for sure...

OMG - just got home from golf and watched Sessions. He looks and sounds awesome. I have a new respect for a couple of those songs now that I've seen him sing them. I was wondering what the song choices would be. I wish he could sing a couple of those on a major TV show. Loved how he played with the mic stand, too! He looks soooooo goood.

I hate Ripper. I didn't think anybody could be more vapid than Kathy Lee Griffin. She's a famewhore and does anything for attention. I haven't watched that show since Handgate.

A verra verra cute cable guy just stopped in to give me a new remote!!!!

Holy smokes.... the first "there's" and the last "oh" in "Something About Us".... so deep.... serious chills.... GAH. :Thud:

I really hate my computer...so far I have seen EIDN and Ashes, part of WIDTL...computer keeps kicking me off the internet...you know, the pop-up that says...IE has encountered a problem and needs to close....

But, Oh my, EIDN, lov, love, but why did they have to cut to the band when he sang "well now", my favorite part?

Have to go and see if I can watch Something About Us, my other favorite song on the CD!

Kim

HDD Numbers:

CHART DATE: 05/26/2008

LAST UPDATE: 05/27/2008 14:26:13

NOW IN: FINAL

LW TW artist / album label power index % change

-- 1 3 DOORS DOWN UNIVERSAL REPUBLIC 147,545 --

3 DOORS DOWN

-- 2 BUN B RAP-A-LOT/ATLANTIC 90,693 --

II TRILL

-- 3 JULIANNE HOUGH MERCURY NASHVILLE 67,934 --

JULIANNE HOUGH

2 4 FRANK SINATRA REPRISE/RHINO 49,304 -47%

NOTHING BUT THE BEST

1 5 DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE ATLANTIC 48,361 -66%

NARROW STAIRS

5 6 LEONA LEWIS J RECORDS/RMG 47,591 -24%

SPIRIT

6 7 MARIAH CAREY ISLAND/IDJMG 42,976 -26%

E=MC2

4 8 DUFFY MERCURY 41,928 -42%

ROCKFERRY

7 9 MADONNA WARNER BROS. 37,515 -28%

HARD CANDY

8 10 NEIL DIAMOND COLUMBIA 35,676 -30%

HOME BEFORE DARK

3 11 JASON MRAZ ATLANTIC 31,968 -57%

WE SING WE DANCE WE STEAL THINGS

11 12 TAYLOR SWIFT BIG MACHINE 31,220 +5%

TAYLOR SWIFT

9 13 TOBY KEITH UME/SHOW DOG 30,096 -27%

35 BIGGEST HITS

-- 14 JESSE MCCARTNEY HOLLYWOOD 29,115 --

DEPARTURE

-- 15 FLOBOTS UNIVERSAL REPUBLIC 28,414 --

FIGHT WITH TOOLS

28 16 CARRIE UNDERWOOD ARISTA/RMG 24,773 +60%

CARNIVAL RIDE

-- 17 DONNA SUMMER BURGUNDY/SONY BMG 22,310 --

CRAYONS

23 18 JORDIN SPARKS 19/JIVE/ZLG 20,114 +19%

JORDIN SPARKS

14 19 NOW 27 SBMG/COMMERICAL MUSIC GRP 20,037 -12%

VARIOUS ARTISTS

33 20 DAUGHTRY RCA/RMG 20,026 +36%

DAUGHTRY

26 21 RICK ROSS DEF JAM/IDJMG 18,452 +16%

TRILLA

-- 22 FOXBORO HOT TUBS WARNER BROS. 16,978 --

STOP DROP & ROLL

17 23 JUNO RHINO 16,925 -15%

SOUNDTRACK

18 24 JACK JOHNSON BRUSHFIRE/UNIV REPUBLIC 16,629 -14%

SLEEP THROUGH THE STATIC

13 25 DIERKS BENTLEY CAPITOL NASHVILLE 16,255 -32%

GREATEST HITS 2003-2006

32 26 GEORGE STRAIT MCA NASHVILLE 16,108 +9%

TROUBADOUR

29 27 KID ROCK ATLANTIC 16,029 +7%

ROCK N ROLL JESUS

-- 28 INDIANA JONES CONCORD 16,014 --

KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL

34 29 NATASHA BEDINGFIELD EPIC 15,963 +11%

POCKETFUL OF SUNSHINE

20 30 COLBIE CAILLAT UNIVERSAL REPUBLIC 15,906 -10%

COCO

40 31 KENNY CHESNEY BNA/SBMG NASHVILLE 15,565 +27%

JUST WHO I AM: POETS & PIRATES

-- 32 DISNEYMANIA 6 WALT DISNEY RECORDS 15,236 --

VARIOUS ARTISTS

10 33 KEITH SWEAT RHINO 15,088 -61%

JUST ME

24 34 CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: PRINCE CAS WALT DISNEY RECORDS 14,990 -9%

SOUNDTRACK

49 35 GARTH BROOKS PEARL RECORDS 14,897 +30%

ULTIMATE HITS

21 36 ALVIN & THE CHIPMUNKS RAZOR & TIE 14,743 -16%

SOUNDTRACK

27 37 JAMES OTTO WARNER BROS. NASHVILLE 14,597 -6%

SUNSET MAN

15 38 LYFE JENNINGS COLUMBIA 14,392 -31%

LYFE CHANGE

22 39 CLAY AIKEN RCA/RMG 14,391 -17%

ON MY WAY HERE

16 40 GAVIN DEGRAW J RECORDS/RMG 13,562 -34%

GAVIN DEGRAW

38 41 BRAD PAISLEY ARISTA NASHVILLE 12,767 -3%

5TH GEAR

45 42 JONAS BROTHERS HOLLYWOOD 12,259 +5%

JONAS BROTHERS

19 43 JOSH GROBAN REPRISE 12,023 -37%

AWAKE LIVE

-- 44 LADY ANTEBELLUM CAPITOL NASHVILLE 12,004 --

LADY ANTEBELLUM

30 45 HANNAH MONTANA WALT DISNEY RECORDS 12,001 -19%

BEST OF BOTH WORLDS CONCERT

37 46 ALICIA KEYS J RECORDS/RMG 11,165 -17%

AS I AM

46 47 RASCAL FLATTS LYRIC STREET 11,051 -4%

STILL FEELS GOOD

41 48 AMY WINEHOUSE UNIVERSAL REPUBLIC 10,913 -10%

BACK TO BLACK

-- 49 SARA BAREILLES EPIC 10,715 --

LITTLE VOICE

-- 50 CHRIS BROWN JIVE/ZLG 10,684 --

EXCLUSIVE

Only down 17%. Not bad considering no promotion last week and not much radio.

So, my co-worker I did the market research experiment on told me she really liked the CD! She wanted to listen again before giving me back the questionaire. I will be interested in seeing what specifically she had to say. I'll keep you posted.

Okay, so Clay beat Gavin DeGraw and Josh Groban. It wasn't a big drop off this week -- and I feel good about going back to Walmart. Never thought I'd say that!!!

I love a good hot steaming bowl of rationalization once in a while!

Colour me v.v. jellus. Stuck doing work related shit for hours this evening. So much to look forward to when I get home! Thanks to everyone who supplied the details. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

WAH!! I'm jellus, too! I'm at work, and am supposed to working here on my computer. I just shouldn't have checked in here at FCA, and then I wouldn't have known what I was missing!

:cryingwlaughter:

Ah, well, I'll be home in a couple of hours, and will watch over and over then. EEEEEEEE for new clack! Can't wait to put the vids on my pocket pc. Clack gets me through many an hour of working out at the gym, and I love having new clips to keep me entertained! The only problem is if I moan or drool while I'm on the treadmill or the elliptical. Trust me - people start looking at you kind of funny. :)

ETA: CG & KF - thanks for the final numbers. Not too bad! So what is the total number Clay has sold of OMWH now?

I think I am going to throw up. "We're sorry the clip you are trying to play is not available in your area." I think this was the same message I got when I was in Halifax and there were some videos put up on an AOL site back in April......Pop Eater? Some webisodes or something? Dammit!!

I used to be able to get AOL videos when I wasn't in the USA. Should I blame regulators or money grubbers for this one? Crap!!

:cry4:

Thanks for the details and the caps. I'll run down to the office in the morning, print them out and make a flip book. If someone could cap those hands stroking the mic stand I'll print and extra copy just for them.

cha cha. ..you need a son, my one and only first born is on his way to you. :big hug:

YOU MEAN THAT WORKED!!!!????? WELL AR-RIIIIIGHT!!!

(when can I expect him? Does he eat much???? :D )

I just embedded all the song videos on my webpage.......

ON MY WAY HERE AOL SESSIONS

That's great, Cha Cha...Will views there be like watching them on the AOL site to give it hits?

I really hope it will........ they had an embed code there to copy, and I think youtube vids get hits when you embed them...... but I don't know for sure!!!

:F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

The numbers are looking good!

Went to my Wal-Mart this morning and they had re-stocked, was happy to see that!

Kim

Okay, so Clay beat Gavin DeGraw and Josh Groban. It wasn't a big drop off this week -- and I feel good about going back to Walmart. Never thought I'd say that!!!

I love a good hot steaming bowl of rationalization once in a while!

Intersting, though, that all the other "Idols" on the chart saw their sales go up. Carrie's went up 60%! Jordin's went up 19% and Daughtry went up 36%! Did they all appear on the season finale of Idol (Obviously I didn't watch...)?

Paging Cotton!!!! Watch your mail in a couple of days! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Well shoot - if Clay could continue selling in the 10K+ range every week that would be something!!! Whatever. It is what it is. If some of the asshat critics could have seen Sessions I wonder if their snotty remarks would have been different....