#33: Let's all chant "I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!"

FCA Thread Title  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• So, how about that Clay Aiken?
    • The guy is just endlessly fascinating, isn't he?
    • Artificial insemination, well at least we know he had a hand in it.
    • If you claim he's got titanium balls, why not let him use them?
    • I'm happy to let Clay do whatever he wants.
    • I have ears and a brain and a heart, and I like what OMWH does to them.
    • Magical Mercurial Music Maker!
    • Clay--still the one.
    • In general, his voice just DOES something good to me. It makes things seem...better, somehow.

QUOTE(luckiest1 @ May 26 2008, 03:08 PM) *

If it's possible, I love the CD more today than the day we got it. My favourites shift daily.

me too..and every morning I wake up to Clay singing another song in my mind. This morning it was "Falling"

Today I worked in the garden listening to Clay on my IPod. I just press All. There are around 70 of his songs on the menu, the time passes so pleasantly and then into the kitchen where it is good that I live alone so no one can hear me singing IWCY off key, loudly while chopping veggies for a stir fry.

A lot of the songs bring a video of a performance, often more than one, to mind. I really hope Clay tours this year, I want to have videos of OMWH songs to play in my head along with the music.

I enjoy all the songs except GOG. Just wish it were a different phrase than "grace of God" such as "twist of fate".

QUOTE(Couch Tomato @ May 26 2008, 06:28 PM) *

I think if Clay made his decisions based on whether the fandom's collective heads would explode, he would never do anything

WORD

Assets goes nowhere for me.

The icon says START and that's the one that opened the video.

I hate it won't work for you.

I did have to try it a time or two. It's like you're trying to figure out the combination.

*crosseseyes*

I have to say I almost wish I hadn't bought the QVC thing. I could have bought 3 Best Buy OMWH for the price. I wanted a DVD that would play on my big tv - in my DVD player.

Me too - and if it wouldn't hurt Clay's sales, I would return it. I have WINY now and you can return anything up to 30 days of receipt for any reason without questions.

We had a great day today - went to the beach, doggie loves jumping the waves and he actually did the dog paddle! DH and I enjoyed the beach, then came home, washed the sandy doggie, showered and went out to eat seafood.

All things that are right here that I haven't enjoyed in the year since we moved down here! About time!

G'Night, All!

Sweet dreams!

QUOTE(luckiest1 @ May 26 2008, 03:08 PM) *

I enjoy all the songs except GOG. Just wish it were a different phrase than "grace of God" such as "twist of fate".

Funny you should mention this. When I listen to G of G I keep hearing the old Phil Ochs song, "There but for Fortune." Baez did a stunning rendition of it. Similar sentiments but IMHO, Ochs did a better job with the lyrics.

I have acquired an extra red pillow.
Aaaaaargh! How am I going to sleep tonight?!! *checks the time to see if it's worth it to drive across town, remembers that the country of Israel is 50 miles wide on the ave (just like Houston), sighs and bundles up some sweaters into an old pillowcase*

Watching AI2 clack with the eHP, you pick up on totally delightful details.
You haven't lived until you've seen KAndre's behind the scenes clip of "Ride With Me".

Hong Kong is on!
Someone's about to find out what a typhoon means...

My cat thinks Scarlett is tasty.
He was fine the whole weekend until this morning when I ignored him for less than 15 minutes. How much attention does a cat need?

ETA: While visiting with KAndre, Solo and PerusingOne this weekend, they mentioned how people thought the only decent performance during this year's Andrew Lloyd Webber night on AI was David Cook's. Maybe it was but I'd like to offer perspective/comparison points to David Cook's Performance on YouTube.

These are my definitive live and recorded versions of Music of the Night:

Live version

Recorded

Here is an interesting montage to Weight of the World for the Iron Man movie:

By the way, Robert Downey Jr. is hot!

That was very cool!

I hope that at least some of the comments are "legit".

I'm guessing that the "I hope that "I hope this song becomes a single" was posted by a clayfan, lol.

It would be so wonderful if one of the songs on OMWH could end up being on a movie soundtrack for real!!! :music:

ETA,

In Yahoo Videos, clicking on "View All New Videos," in the category of Sort by Newest, OMWH is #121 out of 131; in the category of Sort by Popularity, OMWH is #3 out of 131. I love that a lot.
That's cool.

:clap:

Well crap...I just typed out an epic post and it got eaten by something. Instead of trying to remember everything it me 30 minutes to write, I'll do the Reader's Digest condensed version:

OMWH...Faves are Falling, FIEKY...although initially I didn't care for this one, but it sure grew on me. ALAWH...LOVE! Ashes, and EIDN. The only one I skip is TRM...CAN.NOT.LISTEN. It just tears me to pieces. Everything else just falls somewhere around the middle, but I do love this CD because Clay is so versatile with his voice...and I'm addicted to it like it's a drug. Lyrically, I think some parts are somewhat sad and melancholy.

KC and The Sunshine Band...I LOVE them!! That's the way...uh huh, uh,huh I like it...uh huh, uh huh. :00000442:

In high school, our choir teacher was giving one-on-one critiques to the select concert choir. He called me into his office and said I was doing ok and proceeded to ask me if I ever sang at home. I told him yes, in fact I did. He asked what I did and I told him that I sang along to Partridge Family albums. He was mortified.

Huey Lewis! He was my absolute favorite in the 80's!! He's had a home up here in Montana for quite a while...about 40 miles from where I live. He often performs in town here for fund-raisers for the arts. He did a small set with Phil Vasser when he came to town a few years ago and brought the house down.

Clay as an opening act or co-headliner? I don't know...jury's still out for me. I see pros and cons both ways. I don't think I'd like to see him as anyone's opener...although if it were to happen I'd wish it were someone like Xtina I guess. If it happened either way I agree with what was said upthread...the boards would implode.

Good Night everyone...my bed is calling. :nightienight:

Kareneh and LdyJ -- For years my daughter would, at random times, ask me, "Why do you always end up down at Nick's Cafe?" Or say, "You like it now, but you'll learn to love it later." My kids have always amused themselves with lines from songs and movies, as with lines from The Wonder Boys -- when my daughter has her hands full and I ask her how she is, she'll say, "Fit as a fucking fiddle!" My daughter and youngest son almost drove me mad saying to each other, "No, thank YOU, Mr. Acabano." Lines from Avalon, A Bronx Tale, Almost Famous, Miller's Crossing, Usual Suspects, O Brother, Being There, are part of our Thanksgiving lexicon. I can't help it that my children are strange. Has nothing to do with me. I tell them, "Yes, I know your words."

Funny you should mention this KF Since we saw Spamalot my DH and Kids and I have been quoting the lines. Any of our friends or family who hear us think we are nuts! My dh (not a theatre fan at all) put the littlest boy on his back the day after the show and started galloping down the street singing "brave sir Stephen he carried the load" and asking me where were my coconuts!! ( Of course I galloped along and clapped!) Ah the things you do when you are a hemisphere away from home........

When the boys do their "domestic deafness" routines in response to my housework requests I now ask them "Per'aps you do not understand my Outraaageous Fronch Accent?

Anyway ...we amuse ourselves....

My biggest complaint with this CD is all too often I feel the production, the instrumentation, is competing with Clay's voice to the point he seems to almost shout above the music. Today's favorite, ALAWH is a prime example. And to me GOG would be sooooo much more compelling if it had been a simple acoustic arrangement and not so poppy.

I have yet to hear all of OMWH (Amazon are sending it via carrier pigeon ) but I was just thinking the other day how nice it would be to hear just Clay and a guitar. There is an Australian artist I am a fan of called Bernard Fanning (He did release his solo album in the U.S I think). He has a song called "Watch Over Me" which I really love for its chill out factor and lyrics. Clay would kill on something like this. The lyrics are open for interpretation but Bernard said in an interview that it was his version of a hymn. I thought it was a love song for his wife but it could have been about his mother too. So this reminded me of Clay too.

ETA I don't know how to do links but this song is on you tube.

OMWH, 3 weeks later: I love it as much now as on the first listen. My favorites, which settled into place after a couple of days, have remained the same: Everything I Don't Need, Falling, Weight of the World, and Ashes, with Where I Draw the Line close behind. I don't skip any songs, but that might be because I've started to listen to the tracks in mixed order. That always adds to the interest for me. I still find Something About Us to be the least interesting, but I still enjoy it, especially that one phrase - 'a perfectly perfect love.' Well, that sort of tells the whole song, doesn't it? The song that has grown on me the most is As Long As We're Here. The sound on that one is just fantastic.

It's a very good CD. And, yes...... I think it can!

:clap:

Good Morning All,

After a perfectly lovely week-end at my MIL; got home yesterday to a really wonky computer; kept shutting down; blue screen pops up telling me there is a problem and windows needs to shut down. Have no idea what is causing this so needless to say I was unable to really catch up last night or post anything.

Don't forget AOL Sessions today; with this darn computer, I don't know if I will even be able to watch them, but I am hoping!

2 Days until Leno Repeats!

3 Days until Kimmel Repeats!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Good morning everyone.

Claytonic - that montage was verra verra cute! Is it a coughobsessioncough that I can remember almost every one of those pictures?????

Just checked AOL and the Sessions aren't on there yet - unless I'm looking in the wrong place. I did a search on Clay Aiken "videos" and the Webisode is there but that's it.

Hey...off-topic...but those of you with laptops. Would you please PM me or otherwise advise as to what types/brand you have and what's good and bad about them...and what you would recommend, if you were buying a new laptop now. today? How much RAM, bam, and thank you ma'am you'd suggest, etc.? Size of monitor? TYPE of monitor? Brand?

I have just enough knowledge to be dangerous, less money than I'd like to spend, and a strong desire to make a wise choice, if indeed I decide to get such a creature.

My beloved techies, help?!?!?! Hey, it's a slow news day, so... :)

Good Morning, FCA! Didn't have access to internet a lot at home---wireless out and kids on desktop for homework. Hey, Ironman ROCKS DA HOUSE! I've seen it twice now and I think it rules over Indiana (and I love me some Harrison Ford)...the movie is just more entertaining, IMO.

And yes, I've always lusted after/loved Robt. Downey, Jr. So glad he got his act together. He looks terrific and he, like Johnny Depp, can do a bangup job acting in any part he chooses. Can't wait for the next two parts! :clap:

Finally! Carrie's birthday is over! Whew! Whatever happened to birthday cake, ice cream, candles, a quick song, presents and the end?

Back to work. :rolleyes: But going to an A's game tonight! woot! My baseball boyfriend, Eric Chavez, is on the disabled list, unfortunately, so I can't watch his fine, athletic ass...

Oh, and I'd really love to see one of Clay's songs attached to some other commercial venture---a tv show, a UNICEF fundraiser, etc. Great exposure.

Speaking of exposure.... :hubbahubba:

Heh...you KNEW I'd go there, didn't you? :cryingwlaughter:

He was just on Regis and Kelly and said he was dating Kimberly Caldwell.

BWAH! :cryingwlaughter:

Why does this not surprise me. :glare:

Dating the new American Idol winner? Think there might be any camera time involved with that gig? :whistling-1:

00lsee, I'd pick a Toshiba laptop, just because I've had two (including my current one), and it's been incredibly reliable. Past that, though, I really can't tell you WHY exactly, I just like Toshibas.

Wore my Sir Robin shirt out yesterday afternoon to pick up some last minute groceries for our cookout last night. The check out lady looked at it and said, "Is that Clay Aiken? Was he in Spamalot?" I told her that he was in the Broadway production for a few months. She then told me that Spamalot was going to be playing in my area....and sure enough, the touring company is coming here from January 13-18, 2009. This is great timing, actually -- my husband's birthday is in that time frame, plus it also coincides with the one year anniversary of Clay joining the show. I look forward to seeing it again, even if the people I know and love won't be doing it.

Iseeme, here is the AOL Sessions page. I keep refreshing all the time....

Isn't it time for another KAndre bedtime story recap? Loved the last one, can't wait for more?