#33: Let's all chant "I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!"

FCA Thread Title  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• So, how about that Clay Aiken?
    • The guy is just endlessly fascinating, isn't he?
    • Artificial insemination, well at least we know he had a hand in it.
    • If you claim he's got titanium balls, why not let him use them?
    • I'm happy to let Clay do whatever he wants.
    • I have ears and a brain and a heart, and I like what OMWH does to them.
    • Magical Mercurial Music Maker!
    • Clay--still the one.
    • In general, his voice just DOES something good to me. It makes things seem...better, somehow.

Paging Cotton!!!! Watch your mail in a couple of days! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

EEEEE !!!

You're a doll! :)

And - YES! About SAU live.

I think it's because he LOVES the hell outta that song! He smiles and you can hear the smile in his voice.

It's absolutely Luscious!

As is he! :wub:

Yes he is! I started to add that - but I knew somebody would do it for me! :cryingwlaughter:

Actually, I think I've mentioned before that I think Clay is a musician, but didn't think he would. He's not a musician in the strictest, most traditional sense. Doesn't play instruments (down Muski!), doesn't compose. He is a lyracist, even if he doesn't want to admit it!

The reason I call him a musician is what he talked about in the AOL Q&A. He does know what he think sounds good. He does more than sing, I think. I think he unconsciously 'arranges', plays with melody, has a musical approach, interpreting rather than parroting a song.

But I know he would disagree. I don't know why people would be upset over what he said.

He IS an entertainer. I don't think this time it's a case of self-deprecation.

BTW,

OMG!

He looks great!

They all sound great! The balance with band, Clay, Girls was Great!

Did I mention he looked GREAT?!

heh

Shoulders!

And, ldyjocelyn, I think - I agree - the first thing I thought was, Whoa! He looks Preppy! And carries it off quite nicely!

YUM!

G'Night, y'all!

Oh - one good thing about working today - I have an hour+ to work and an hour+ home from work - lots of time to listen to OMWH and drink it in!

ETA:

I don't remember why, but I'm pretty sure Clay reads music.

:)

Why did they use such a terrible picture on the AOL Sessions front page??? He sort of looks like a serial killer!

I cannot get enough of SAU. I'm telling you - its pure seduction - slow, gentle, leaving you with no choice but to give in. Then as your knees become weak, he scoops you up and makes love to you........

I cannot get enough of SAU. I'm telling you - its pure seduction - slow, gentle, leaving you with no choice but to give in. Then as your knees become weak, he scoops you up and makes love to you........

ghost.gif

I enjoyed every one of those songs. Noticed the ruffness in his voice especially on OMWH, but live performances are not going to sound like the CD. His voice on SAU was beautiful and sexy at the same time. This was not one of my favorites from the beginning, but as I listen to him and see him sing it I am loving it more and more. It is going to be hard waiting for a tour. Also, he looked wonderful, very handsome, sexy, and confident. Sometimes I am not sure I like his hair, but this looked great on him. Those hands are another thing, I am glad they focused on them several times.

Why didn't you guys tell me how gorgeous SAU AOL IS????

OK...sorry but I got stuck on WIDTL, and Ashes and EIDN...and only listened to SAU once...listening to it with my favorite headphones now and OMG...LOVE IT!!! Better than the CD IMO!!!!

Why did they use such a terrible picture on the AOL Sessions front page??? He sort of looks like a serial killer!
:cryingwlaughter: yeah, i think that looks more creepy than sexy.

anyway...my thoughts on AOL sessions:

Ashes - not as good as the GMA one. his voice sounds a bit stilted and his body language restrained. Still, compared to other performances he had done when his voice wasn't up to par, it's still very good.

WIDTL - not as good as the QVC one with the same reason as above. the change-ups in the refrain didn't work well as lowering the note reduces the emotion a bit, but that's just me.

EIDN - now this one is GROOVIN'. He looks far more relaxed here than in the other songs. The whole performance makes me think a lot of impure thoughts. and he certainly has no hesitation singing the word "my bed" now. baby steps...baby steps...:D

SAU - i agree with ldyj...this song translates better live than in record. maybe because the way he makes us feel like we're the only woman in the room with the velvety-velvet voice and romantic eyeboinks. i only have 1 reaction to the live version and it's always "can i marry you?"

question: did anybody notice when he closed his eyes and did the knowing smile-lipbite combo after he sings "you knoooowww me weeellll" in EIDN? i think i'll make a gif of it.

*gets busy*

Actually, I'd kinda get a kick out of a Clay song getting play and cred among country formats...hee!

I have a feeling that Clay Aiken will be played on Urban/Rap Radio before Country Radio would play him. He doesn't guzzle beer, chew tobacco, go to honky tonks, drive a truck, marry movie stars, and his mama ain't in jail! And you know what I'm singing in my head .... you don't have to call me darlin', dar-lin' ...

How does that go?

I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison

And I went to pick her up, in the rain

But before I could get there in my pick-up truck

She got runned over by a danged old train ....

I remember this song vividly...David Allen Coe. The radio station I worked for got requests for this song quite often, along with Take This Job and Shove It. :lol:

Oh Sweet Jesus...:dead-1:

I'm loving Sessions today. I have no issue with the musician comment and I think he sounded fine even with the few little glitches in his voice. I'm sure somewhere on some boards everything about it is getting ripped to shreds and analyzed to death, but I choose to love every nuance and note that comes out of that beautiful mouth.

Clay NOT a musician? Of course he is! He played piano in Spamalot, din'he??? HUH?

His resume can now read: singer, whistler, dancer, musician, comedian, nerd, geek, humanitarian.

The ONLY thing he can't do is use chopsticks... :lmaosmiley-1:

CALLING MUSKI!!!!!!

Didn't you want something like this for an avatar??? Stolen from CV:

AOLSessionsEIDNhands_ldb51.gif

Of course, this one is nice too.....

AOLSessionsEIDNmic_ldb51.gif

Oooooh my goodness.....how am I supposed to sleep with the thoughts of those going through my head? Damn, that is one lucky mic...:Thud:

WOW, just WOW. I read on one of the videos that he wrote this for his brother who died of cancer in 2006.

His Songbird video is good, too.

Good Hey Sheila! There are other versions with just Bernard and his guitar and it's these that make me wish that Clay would do something similar.

Hee, what does a serial killer look like? Don't tell Grissom! There'd be no use for the show! :cryingwlaughter:

Ashes - not as good as the GMA one. his voice sounds a bit stilted and his body language restrained. Still, compared to other performances he had done when his voice wasn't up to par, it's still very good.

WIDTL - not as good as the QVC one with the same reason as above. the change-ups in the refrain didn't work well as lowering the note reduces the emotion a bit, but that's just me.

EIDN - now this one is GROOVIN'. He looks far more relaxed here than in the other songs. The whole performance makes me think a lot of impure thoughts. and he certainly has no hesitation singing the word "my bed" now. baby steps...baby steps...:D

SAU - i agree with ldyj...this song translates better live than in record. maybe because the way he makes us feel like we're the only woman in the room with the velvety-velvet voice and romantic eyeboinks. i only have 1 reaction to the live version and it's always "can i marry you?"

Interesting analysis.........I thought Ashes was preferable to the GMA one, just for the mix of the girls' voices. And WIDTL I preferred over QVC, too, because he sang the first "heart" better. EIDN I can't pick, I am so in love with the song and the way he sings it. GAH! Love the ending, the way he sang those two lines again, even though it does seem that he made a little motion to the girls like "oops!" I thought it worked well as the ending! :hubbahubba: And SAU was just gorgeous this time around, hands down my favourite version.

I'm loving Sessions today. I have no issue with the musician comment and I think he sounded fine even with the few little glitches in his voice. I'm sure somewhere on some boards everything about it is getting ripped to shreds and analyzed to death, but I choose to love every nuance and note that comes out of that beautiful mouth.

:clap: Me too.

Wheeeeeeeeee, the Sessions inspired me to have another Clay dream. And he was shirtless.....until I told him to put a sweater on or something, because he was shivering. :lol: No, it wasn't one of those dreams......we talked. A lot. Even though there were lots of people in the room. I'll take it. ;)

cha cha, yes, they do work. They're choppy but the choppiness is just due to my internet connection. I do better with them now, when everyone is asleep and I've played lowered the default settings....but they are still buffering some. I"m just glad I got to see them at all! :D

Wheeeeeeeeee, the Sessions inspired me to have another Clay dream. And he was shirtless.....until I told him to put a sweater on or something, because he was shivering. :lol: No, it wasn't one of those dreams......we talked. A lot. Even though there were lots of people in the room. I'll take it. ;)

Wait a minute- he had no shirt on?!?! :hubbahubba: And you made him put one on???? :cry4:

I just can't wrap my mind around that! :cryingwlaughter: (But I'm jealous of your dream anyway!)

Wish I could stay home today and just play AOL Sessions on a continuous loop........ work sucks, y'all! Everyone have a great day!

Hee, laljeterfan, I know, WTF was I thinking? :cryingwlaughter:

And I agree, work definitely SUCKS. Especially this week. But as long as they haven't filtered the AOL stuff out, I don't give a shit, I'm streaming it today. Minimized. With headphones on. Because I am in lust with EIDN. Did I say I couldn't choose between AOL and QVC? Well I was on crack. Because AOL kicks QVC to the curb! The catch in his voice on "well, now" just about kills me. And I love the girls backing vocals, they reallly make the song that much more special (and they were missing on QVC). Yeah, I've watched it *cough*a few*cough* times.

Heh, I will be home today, but after mowing the lawn, I think I will be asleep and not watching AOL. I kind a forgot what day it was and Fear reminded me I had a 9 am dentist appointment at midnight before, so I had to pack, drive home in a storm, and unpack and it was 3:30 by the time I was done, so I just took a shower and read FCA and watched AOL all night.

Found I for got to pay my property taxes, whoops, penatly fees. Still did not get my 600 dollars from george.

Will probably not mail out poster until tomorrow.

Oh and water the plants, aparently it was not raining continually he3re like the beach. Yes the beach -where my cable was out, so no internet either. They offed to fix it next week, wasn't that nice of them? My bill was paid, it was working a few weeks ago, but apparently they accidently disconnected me and then told me I had to go to the bottom of the list for repairs on a very busy week. I better get a a really good credit for this.

[end of whining]

I hope AOl brings this album to more people's attaention, it is worth it.

It is funny, I listen to SAU and sometimes I start counting the mush used lines until I realize that this song is kind of lovingly laughing at how these terms still apply. He sings it so lovingly that, well, I won't ship, but he seems quite happy.

AOLSessionsEIDNmic_ldb51.gif

Well, well indeed. :urhot:

ETA:

He sings it so lovingly that, well, I won't ship, but he seems quite happy.

play, based on those GIFs, I think he was verra, verra happy to get back together with Ms. Micra Phone. :imgtongue:

Good Morning Everyone,

Sun is shining but it is still only 46 degrees; what happened to Spring? Yesterday it felt like winter again...I want it to be warm!

1 Day until Leno!

2 Days until Kimmel!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Kim talking about Clay Aiken on KISS FM

This was uploaded today but it's an old one of KLo shortly after she and Clay became EX-room-mates. It's new to me since I've not seen it before. I love it! (hehe his fans are mentioned...)