#33: Let's all chant "I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!"

FCA Thread Title  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• So, how about that Clay Aiken?
    • The guy is just endlessly fascinating, isn't he?
    • Artificial insemination, well at least we know he had a hand in it.
    • If you claim he's got titanium balls, why not let him use them?
    • I'm happy to let Clay do whatever he wants.
    • I have ears and a brain and a heart, and I like what OMWH does to them.
    • Magical Mercurial Music Maker!
    • Clay--still the one.
    • In general, his voice just DOES something good to me. It makes things seem...better, somehow.

Claygasm You are never alone; I like Ashes but I don't love it and I think there are much better songs on the CD and honestly don't know why the fandom is pushing this song so much to be the next single.

To me the most important thing is that Clay's music be heard and if that be by illegal downloads, file sharing, ripping the CD from a copy borrowed from the Library or burning copies for friends, than so be it. Hearing the songs is what is going to get people in concert seats...numbers are just numbers and are not the whole picture; they are just one piece of the puzzle.

Kim

So, if you keep getting this tightness and strange sensations in your jaw but your teeth feel fine, could it be sinus related or do I have some rare disease?

Do you want to push in on your cheekbones?

If you do, that could definitely be sinus pressure. Have you tried taking a decongestant?

I'm having sinus trouble right now. For me - it's the cheeks and my left temple. The only thing that relieves the pain for me is Excedrin. Sadly, I can't take that or decongestant in the evening or I don't sleep.

Grrr.

Good Luck!

Claygasm You are never alone; I like Ashes but I don't love it and I think there are much better songs on the CD and honestly don't know why the fandom is pushing this song so much to be the next single.

I'm with you guys. I mean, I like the song, but nothing in my superior, musically trained ear :cryingwlaughter: screams "HIT SINGLE!" But what do I know? I thought "Lonely No More" should have been released for ADTW and he didn't even bother to sing it for me in concert! :cry4:

Your teeth can bother you when your sinuses are acting up. As Cotton also mentioned, pressure in the cheeks. I always feel it in my teeth and around my eyes - cheeks & eyebrow areas. At this point, I've given up on the usual allergy meds. The only things I've found that seem to help are Benedryl & Advil. If all else fails, just blame Clive - he seems to have had a hand in all the major world problems. Why not add sinus troubles to the list?!

Count me in as one who isn't all that taken with Ashes. I think it will be good to see in concert but...... I'm actually becoming quite taken with EIDN - especially after watching Sessions. But I'm still a TRM and SL afficianado.

Muski - I didn't know who rose in whom but.....snicker! Mercury might be rising in Venus for all I know. Oh, I know I'm a Capricorn because it says so on my calendar! :cryingwlaughter:

I did it. I ventured out. Now some (one usual suspect) is laying blame on Clay for poor sales! While this doesn't surprise me in the least, I still have to wonder why she even bothers sticking around. It's almost as if being a Clay fan is a penance of some kind to her.

I like Ashes okay, too. But I'm not in lust with it as some seem to be.

There is just so damned much to love on this album I have a hard time choosing.

But - Falling, SL, EIDN and ALAWH are must repeat songs for me. And I love SAU for the sheer timeless beauty of it!

AOL Sessions just started yesterday and already the death knell is sounding for the cd?

What do people want?

Oh, yeah. They want Clay to follow their plan.

Silly me.

Shit. I'm happy to let Clay do whatever he wants.

:whistling-1:

RANT TERRITORY AHEAD!!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!

Ok, its been what, one month since the single OMWH was released to radio. Right?

IF I READ ONE MORE TIME IF ASHES, EIDN OF FALLING HAD BEEN THE SINGLE CLAY AND IF RCA WEREN'T SUCH A BUNCH OF INCOMPETENTS OUT TO RUIN CLAY'S CAREER HE WOULD HAVE BEEN KING OF THE MUSIC WORLD I MAY HAVE TO HURT SOMEONE!!!!!! '

Ok, slight exaggeration. But you know what I mean.

I am quoting part of Clay's rant dated just ONE day after OMWH the album was released. I feel I can quote it because it was on the public side of the OFC.

The single is On My Way Here for a multitude of reasons. Not the least of which is that AC radio and Hot AC radio is where I belong. Disagree if you want, but Ashes, EIDN... none of them will EVER be played on Top 40. It is NOT going to happen. Take a second.... breathe.... sit with it. Hear it again. Top 40 is VERY different today than it used to be. I don't fit in there and I don't WANT to fit in there. AC radio and Hot AC radio are our opportunities for radio play. That said... you don't perform a song on TV that is NOT the single you are trying to get played at radio. RCA can no more tell a radio station what to play in their rotation than they can tell American Idol who to have on as a singer. It doesn't work like that. And, as much as you might like to theorize, 'payola' is not the way things operate. Even if it were, its illegal and I would not condone it. AC and Hot AC radio works differently and move more slowly than Top 40. Its a much slower build. It takes MUCH longer for a song to make it up the charts at AC. And once it does, hopefully it stays there a bit longer. <snip> You have the power of radio in your hands... it's not really in RCA's hands that much. There is only so much that they can do. The song OMWH has been added to a number of stations across the country already this week,,, that's not bad for AC. RCA is doing their job. I promise.<snip> Songs like Ashes and EIDN and Falling will be fun to sing and hear in concert, you can look forward to them there! Gently, firmly, and consistently nudge your LOCAL AC and Hot AC stations to play OMWH.<snip>Regardless, its easy to be an armchair quarterback. Blame me for not finishing it in time to book talk shows three months in advance as is necessary nowadays. Blame the record INDUSTRY which is seriously just floundering now. Blame the economy. Blame the weather. Blame Osama Bin Laden. But DON'T blame the record label or the publicity folks who truly are working their butts off every minute to sell an album is a very harsh climate for album sales. They are doing an amazing job.

Ok, let's review. OMWH is the single for many reasons - most if not all of which no one in this fandom has a clue about! And I would bet money its a decision Clay is behind 100%! AC and HOT AC radio are where he feels he belongs and wants to be and OMWH fits those formats. Those formats have a MUCH slower build. So, even if he had picked Ashes or any of the "rockin'" songs they likely would still not be making an impact because of the slow build, so they wouldn't have fueled sales yet. "We" have the power of radio in our hands. So.... Do you think making excuses for the song OMWH, constantly talking up Ashes et. al., making sure that song gets the most plays at AOL sessions etc, do you think any of that helps OMWH get played on the radio? Heaven knows, I bet there are those writing and emailing their DJs telling them they should play OMWH so RCA will release Ashes for the next single and then they can see what a rocker Clay really is!

And his attempt to make the fandom see that it is wrong to blame RCA and the publicity people has fallen on deaf ears. RCA is OBVIOUSLY screwing with him! They WANT him to fail! Publicity? What publicity? But, weren't many in this fandom singing the praises of Clay's new publicity person not that long ago???

Sometimes I think Clay's dedication on this album was to say here it is, what you all wanted and now I am done! (I don't really think that, but it has crossed my mind). What is that line from TRM? How much will they take before I'm empty?. There are times when I hear it that I feel a bit guilty. There are times I think he is referring to this fandom.

Are other fandoms like this? Do others scrutinize every aspect of their favorite's career? Don't most fandoms just enjoy the gifts they are given? Why does this one always have to be in a state of angst and worry and always be so critical of everything in Clay's professional life?? Just this half year alone look at all we have been given. Spamalot, this wonderful CD, lots of clack, those wonderful AOL sessions we were eeeeeeing about just last night. Even with the blond hair and eyeliner, our Clay cup has runneth over these first months of the year.

Truly, how much more can we take from him before he's empty????

I think I will go and let him seduce me with SAU.

I'm happy to let Clay do whatever he wants.

:whistling-1:

Thread title?

And with that thought, I think I shall go visit my lovely AOL Sessions SAU and then to bed!

I'm happy to let Clay do whatever he wants.

Thread title?

Ashes? Fun song. But I'm definitely NOT attached to it being any sort of savior for Clay Aiken. I still vote for WIDTL....

...as if anyone on TC thinks that I'm worthy of an opinion that Clay would actually follow. Which I'm not.

muski, liked your rant. I'm surprised that in those comments you didn't read that ATDW was a terrible album too, and that Clive Davis is an evil, evil man.

Your teeth can bother you when your sinuses are acting up. As Cotton also mentioned, pressure in the cheeks. I always feel it in my teeth and around my eyes - cheeks & eyebrow areas. At this point, I've given up on the usual allergy meds. The only things I've found that seem to help are Benedryl & Advil. If all else fails, just blame Clive - he seems to have had a hand in all the major world problems. Why not add sinus troubles to the list?!

:cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter:

Ok, this seriously made me laugh out loud!!!! Boy did I need that!!

:cryingwlaughter:

Hee - jinx on the thread title, ldyj! :P

Sometimes I think Clay's dedication on this album was to say here it is, what you all wanted and now I am done! (I don't really think that, but it has crossed my mind). What is that line from TRM? How much will they take before I'm empty?. There are times when I hear it that I feel a bit guilty. There are times I think he is referring to this fandom.

Are other fandoms like this? Do others scrutinize every aspect of their favorite's career? Don't most fandoms just enjoy the gifts they are given? Why does this one always have to be in a state of angst and worry and always be so critical of everything in Clay's professional life?? Just this half year alone look at all we have been given. Spamalot, this wonderful CD, lots of clack, those wonderful AOL sessions we were eeeeeeing about just last night. Even with the blond hair and eyeliner, our Clay cup has runneth over these first months of the year.

Truly, how much more can we take from him before he's empty????

I think I will go and let him seduce me with SAU.

Me too! :cry4:

CG, I like your rant too -- it's frustrating isn't it? The only think I can say is that I do think other fandoms are like this -- Star Trek fans are NOTORIOUS for picking apart the films and the shows. The difference? Clay's a real person, not a Klingon.

Time for bed...hoping that I dream about Clay in a Starfleet Uniform. You know, those tight one-piece lycra things. Where nothing was left to the imagination. Heh.

CG - WORD to your entire post. I mentioned earlier that people do not want to listen to what Clay has to say. It clearly isn't what they want to hear.

I wish Clay could sit in a room with all the moderators of the boards and just give them royal hell (present company excluded because this board isn't losing their collective minds over smoke and mirrors and hallucinatory entertainment industry expertise) They allow shit to get so carried away that it becomes insidious and is more harmful than helpful.

I have no doubt in my mind that there are people charging the ramparts of radio stations and making complete and utter asses of themselves in the process - and Clay by association!

Have no clue about other fan groups....never was a part of one.

ETA: do you think if Clive wasn't ruining my life I could lose weight? Just wondering. I need to blame it on someone.

Just a reminder that voting ends *soon* for the Broadway.com Audience Awards . According to the site:

Winners will be announced on Friday, May 30 and honored at a private reception on Tuesday, June 3.

I couldn't find a cut off date, but I'm guessing tomorrow 5/29. Remember - one vote per IP/email addy. Clay is in 2 categories, Hannah in 1 & Spamalot itself in 1.

Favorite Breakthrough Performance (Male)

Clay Aiken, Spamalot

Favorite Replacement (Male)

Clay Aiken, Spamalot

Favorite Replacement (Female)

Hannah Waddingham, Spamalot

Favorite Long-Running Broadway Show

Spamalot

This concludes this evening's PSA! :cryingwlaughter:

Thanks for reminding me. I was waiting for somebody to tell me some other people to vote for in other categories and I was going to vote from my home addy. Already voted from work. I give up. I just voted in 2 or 3 other categories for people I know that I like but most I had no clue, so not fair for me to vote for things I have no clue about.

Claygasm :preachit:

I just find it so disrespectful for people to disregard Clay's blog and do whatever the hell they want because they think they know better than him and RCA how his career should be run.

I thought the same thing about his dedication on the CD, but I do believe he is very proud of this CD.

That line in The Real Me you quoted, I thought about the fandom the very first time I heard the song.

Makes me very ashamed of this fandom at times, present company excluded.

Kim

Personally?

iblameray.gif

And you can definitely have TMJ issues without tooth pain, CG. Unless it's your sinuses...Or wearing headphones or earbuds too long. heh

As for the hired mourners?

thav-16314.gif

And I agree about the "if only Ashes" repetitiveness. It's like a drumbeat! Ashes! Ashes! Ashes!

Hey! It's like Animal!

300px-AnimalS1.JPG

Beat drums! Beat drums! BEAT DRUMS!!!

Hey, maybe there is something to that whole Muppet business after all?

do you think if Clive wasn't ruining my life I could lose weight? Just wondering. I need to blame it on someone.

Absolutely!

ETA: Bwah 00lsee! :cryingwlaughter: It *is* like Animal! :cryingwlaughter:

Yeah, agree with the ranting going on here... it really gets tiring cruising other places because it's just too predictable. I've decided that some people just aren't happy unless there's something to piss and moan about... and it doesn't take much to get them started... apparently that makes them happy.... and I did know someone (a friend!) who was honestly one of the most pessimistic people I had ever met - it's just how she was... needless to say, she's not part of my life anymore... who needs that?!

So I've had my glass of beaujolais and some cheese (which probably wasn't the right kind but tough, it was good) and with this post, I'm off to listen to my iPod as I drift off to sleep....

Time for bed...hoping that I dream about Clay in a Starfleet Uniform. You know, those tight one-piece lycra things. Where nothing was left to the imagination. Heh.

Thank you! A nice thought to head off to bed with... I wasn't a huge Star Trek fan (that was Mom!) but I watched enough to remember those uniforms... :whistling-1:

Personally?

iblameray.gif

And you can definitely have TMJ issues without tooth pain, CG. Unless it's your sinuses...Or wearing headphones or earbuds too long. heh

Well, that cleared that right up!! :cryingwlaughter: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

As for the hired mourners?

thav-16314.gif

BWAH! Oh how I love this!!!

And I agree about the "if only Ashes" repetitiveness. It's like a drumbeat! Ashes! Ashes! Ashes!

Hey! It's like Animal!

300px-AnimalS1.JPG

Beat drums! Beat drums! BEAT DRUMS!!!

Hey, maybe there is something to that whole Muppet business after all?

Hee! Its like my Muppet song has deeper meaning!! It must be super seekrit code for "I knew you crazy enthusiastic fans would act all crazy enthusiastic like this and go off the deep end!!"!

Ok, my attempts at humor are getting lost even on me, so maybe its time for bed! But before I go, my lurking elsewhere did give me some vital info someone has kept secret from us here at FCA.

:bday2: 00lsee!!!!!

ETA: Canfly, I keep meaning to say hi to you and welcome you to FCA!!!

Yup.

I'm heading to bed, too.

BTW, I'd love a good picture of the Bright Side of Life Umbrella if anyone has one.

The one they sell in the store is not the same one they use as a prop in the show. That's the pic I want.

But for now, I'm tired.

Really. I don't understand the defeatism.

And yeah, I wish people would just listen to Clay.

He is almost 30. He doesn't need an army of mommies to take care of him.

Now if I could just arrange to have Hawt Sexy Dreams of him, that would be just grand.

Muski - could you write a couple of dreams and plant them in my subconscious?

Pleeze?

G'Night!

Spent the whole day shopping...was sooo tired coming home that I almost went straight to bed.

so I am so happy that lots of people have been doing posts for me...

Muski...you expecting arrows here??? this is FCA so you get abig WORD from me for your rant...

CG...another HUGE WORD from me....

I really think as the songs try and build steam on radio...we have to expect sales to get even lower...but it does not mean it can't get better as the song gets more play.

At this time....what we have to do...the vibe or energy we have to put out there is for OMWH to keep climbing the chart. If we want any of the other songs to get played on radio...if we want this CD to continue to sell steadily....

WE HAVE TO GET BEHIND THE CURRENT SINGLE!!!!

all the hair pulling, finger pointing, and blaming is getting everyone no where really.

If fans need to do that to feel better...just get it done then lets just do things to help. If not..just let it go already...

Hey there's canfly!! :F_05BL17blowkiss: The first axe murderer online Clay fan I ever met!! :cryingwlaughter:

I LOVE Ashes, but OMWH is the first single, so I'll deal!!! I must say watching songs 'climb' on the AC chart is like watching grass grow. Clay wasn't kidding when he said slow and steady. Hmmmm.....slow and steady......Yep, I can handle that!!

ETA: Canfly, I keep meaning to say hi to you and welcome you to FCA!!!
:wave: :hello: Claygasm! (how the heck do ya wave around this joint anyhoo? Ah well...this'll do: :helloogreen:

Hey there's canfly!! :F_05BL17blowkiss: The first axe murderer online Clay fan I ever met!! :cryingwlaughter:

Heh. And you even brought the kids as protection, lol. :cryingwlaughter:

Why ya gots 2 Zs in alspaz here? :shrug