#33: Let's all chant "I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!"

FCA Thread Title  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• So, how about that Clay Aiken?
    • The guy is just endlessly fascinating, isn't he?
    • Artificial insemination, well at least we know he had a hand in it.
    • If you claim he's got titanium balls, why not let him use them?
    • I'm happy to let Clay do whatever he wants.
    • I have ears and a brain and a heart, and I like what OMWH does to them.
    • Magical Mercurial Music Maker!
    • Clay--still the one.
    • In general, his voice just DOES something good to me. It makes things seem...better, somehow.

Ok, I had no trouble with the audio of the QVC bonus, but I cannot get the video to play! I can't find it on the disc to play on my computer and when I put the disc in my DVD player, it only played the audio of the 4 bonus tracks. Its like the video isn't on the disc! Did anyone else have this problem??

I heard of others having the same problem. Haven't tried myself yet. Unfortunately I do not remember the resolution or if there WAS one.

By the way - do we get HDD numbers on a holiday? Anybody know?

Ok, I had no trouble with the audio of the QVC bonus, but I cannot get the video to play! I can't find it on the disc to play on my computer and when I put the disc in my DVD player, it only played the audio of the 4 bonus tracks. Its like the video isn't on the disc! Did anyone else have this problem??

I couldn't get the video to come up on either of my DVD players or through my Windows Media Player. What worked for me was to put the disc into the drive on my computer (with no players opened), and waiting a bit while it spins around and loads. It opens it's own little player. You may also be able to access it through "My Computer" on the start menu. Mine shows the disc drive as "Clay Aiken" when the disc is inserted.

Seeing your post reminded me that I had the same problem, so I went back just now to try to figure it out. Here's what I did....and I'm sure there is a simpler way.

I have Windows XP -

put cd/dvd in drive and go to My Computer

right click on that drive

click on Open

double click on Start

That opened up the This is the Night video screen and just click on Play. Hope this works for you or maybe someone can tell us another way to see it.

By the way - do we get HDD numbers on a holiday? Anybody know?

Ask and ye shall receive....

CHART DATE: 05/26/2008

LAST UPDATE: 05/26/2008 14:37:53

NOW IN: 15.29%

LW TW artist / album label power index

-- 1 3 DOORS DOWN UNIVERSAL REPUBLIC 28,997

3 DOORS DOWN

-- 2 BUN B RAP-A-LOT/ATLATIC/ATL G 22,500

II TRILL

1 3 DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE ATLANTIC 18,285

NARROW STAIRS

-- 4 JULIANNE HOUGH MERCURY NASHVILLE 17,499

JULIANNE HOUGH

5 5 LEONA LEWIS J RECORDS/RMG 13,470

SPIRIT

2 6 FRANK SINATRA REPRISE/RHINO 12,948

NOTHING BUT THE BEST

6 7 MARIAH CAREY ISLAND/IDJMG 12,708

E=MC2

8 8 NEIL DIAMOND COLUMBIA 11,288

HOME BEFORE DARK

4 9 DUFFY MERCURY 10,537

ROCKFERRY

11 10 TAYLOR SWIFT BIG MACHINE 10,340

TAYLOR SWIFT

7 11 MADONNA WARNER BROS. 9,834

HARD CANDY

3 12 JASON MRAZ ATLANTIC 9,248

WE SING WE DANCE WE STEAL THINGS

9 13 TOBY KEITH UME/SHOW DOG 8,361

35 BIGGEST HITS

-- 14 FLOBOTS UNIVERSAL REPUBLIC 7,018

FIGHT WITH TOOLS

-- 15 JESSE MCCARTNEY HOLLYWOOD 7,015

DEPARTURE

-- 16 FOXBORO HOT TUBS WARNER BROS. 6,188

STOP DROP & ROLL

28 17 CARRIE UNDERWOOD ARISTA/RMG 5,622

CARNIVAL RIDE

14 18 NOW 27 SBMG/COMMERICAL MUSIC GRP 5,576

VARIOUS ARTISTS

-- 19 DISNEYMANIA 6 WALT DISNEY RECORDS 5,124

VARIOUS ARTISTS

18 20 JACK JOHNSON BRUSHFIRE/UNIV REPUBLIC 4,660

SLEEP THROUGH THE STATIC

17 21 JUNO RHINO 4,653

SOUNDTRACK

20 22 COLBIE CAILLAT UNIVERSAL REPUBLIC 4,502

COCO

24 23 CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: PRINCE CAS WALT DISNEY RECORDS 4,185

SOUNDTRACK

32 24 GEORGE STRAIT MCA NASHVILLE 4,180

TROUBADOUR

10 25 KEITH SWEAT RHINO 4,173

JUST ME

12 26 10 YEARS UNIVERSAL REPUBLIC 4,151

DIVISION

26 27 RICK ROSS DEF JAM/IDJMG 4,068

TRILLA

13 28 DIERKS BENTLEY CAPITOL NASHVILLE 4,065

GREATEST HITS 2003-2006

40 29 KENNY CHESNEY BNA/SBMG NASHVILLE 4,040

JUST WHO I AM: POETS & PIRATES

33 30 DAUGHTRY RCA/RMG 4,022

DAUGHTRY

27 31 JAMES OTTO WARNER BROS. NASHVILLE 3,969

SUNSET MAN

23 32 JORDIN SPARKS 19/JIVE/ZLG 3,943

JORDIN SPARKS

21 33 ALVIN & THE CHIPMUNKS RAZOR & TIE 3,867

SOUNDTRACK

43 34 MICHAEL BUBLE REPRISE 3,861

CALL ME IRRESPONSIBLE

15 35 LYFE JENNINGS COLUMBIA 3,798

LYFE CHANGE

29 36 KID ROCK ATLANTIC 3,768

ROCK N ROLL JESUS

49 37 GARTH BROOKS PEARL RECORDS 3,741

ULTIMATE HITS

38 38 BRAD PAISLEY ARISTA NASHVILLE 3,507

5TH GEAR

16 39 GAVIN DEGRAW J RECORDS/RMG 3,480

GAVIN DEGRAW

-- 40 LADY ANTEBELLUM CAPITOL NASHVILLE 3,293

LADY ANTEBELLUM

45 41 JONAS BROTHERS HOLLYWOOD 3,262

JONAS BROTHERS

22 42 CLAY AIKEN RCA/RMG 3,238

ON MY WAY HERE

46 43 RASCAL FLATTS LYRIC STREET 3,113

STILL FEELS GOOD

30 44 HANNAH MONTANA WALT DISNEY RECORDS 3,109

BEST OF BOTH WORLDS CONCERT

34 45 NATASHA BEDINGFIELD EPIC 3,004

POCKETFUL OF SUNSHINE

19 46 JOSH GROBAN REPRISE 2,996

AWAKE LIVE

42 47 ALAN JACKSON ARISTA NASHVILLE 2,987

GOOD TIME

-- 48 SARA BAREILLES EPIC 2,911

LITTLE VOICE

37 49 ALICIA KEYS J RECORDS/RMG 2,909

AS I AM

36 50 LUIS MIGUEL WARNER MUSIC LATINA 2,466

COMPLICES

Thank you Annabear. Well - at least he's on there. I think we never get great numbers on Monday because the big stores report on Tuesday? Please let my memory be correct!!!!

Who on earth are Foxboro Hot Tubs and Bun B Rap Alot. (I feel soooo old!)

Outdoor concerts are like picnics in the park. We even had guys over at the porta potties playing with some small rubber ball or something. Like they were practicing for soccer. Can you imagine If this had of been a Clay concert, how the Claymates would of reacted?

CLayzorback...uh...HUH? You mean like Frisco last summer? Heh, my and CG's reaction to our experience at the soccer stadium certainly set off a...er....discussion. :cryingwlaughter: The fans who were standing right at the stage and seeing/hearing only Clay couldn't relate, but man...sitting on the first row in the stands watching the kids playing soccer and catch and tag; seeing people in big groups standing around laughing and joking loudly and drinking; having a beer vendor walking up and down the field yelling, "BEEEERRRR HERE!" over and over right in front of you; all that combined with a lousy sound system that made it kinda hard to really hear/understand Clay and a video guy who had NO idea that he wasn't supposed to waste precious jumbotron screen time on anybody but CLAY! :onsoapbox: ---all that created QUITE the reaction from THIS Clay fan! :lmaosmiley-1:

Let's just say that when/if Clay performs in another outdoor venue, it had better be Clay-Centric! :large-smiley-003:

Yeah, I still love the cd. I do find myself skipping a couple now and I didn't used to. But I love the mastery Clay has over his vocal skill and talent on these songs. I love listening for the way he absolutely COMMANDS the tone, chooses the dynamic, caresses the vowels and consonants...and YES! YES! I FLOVE the ache and grunt and release of air he makes at the ends of some words...gah....

:Thud:

I guess I think if Clay made his decisions based on whether the fandom's collective heads would explode, he would never do anything, starting with IT.

Thanks for everybody who sent birthday wishes to my mother. We just bbq'ed over at my sisters. My sister bought all the food and I cooked it all heh. Works for me. I swear her husband is always so appreciative when auntie comes over to cook and it's good for the ego to get such great compliments. My sister can follow a recipe but she doesn't really cook all that much. Surprised the entire family is a bunch of skinny minnys because really they eat a lot of fast and prepared food.

My sister and her husband are hooked on Entourage so we spent a fair amount of time watching season 2 yesterday. It IS pretty funny.

I still love OMWH ...hell I'm still listenting to and loving ATDW. I don't get out much... other than here i read TWoP and the apologies for the song OMWH began almost immediately especially after the other bits of other songs were heard. And not only that, did you know it wasn't Clay's choice as a single. Now, that may very well be true,who really knows, BUT, the bottom line is that Clay loved this song SO much that he based an entire album on it's theme. So no, I won't go apologizing for Clay's taste. I'm not saying everyone has to love the song, or even like the song, but please don't apologize for the song out in mixed company. It's way too similar to how ATDW was treated.

I guess I think if Clay made his decisions based on whether the fandom's collective heads would explode, he would never do anything, starting with IT.

Or, depending on how ornery he's feeling, he might do more.... Heh.

It never fails to amaze me how people KNOW what Clay thinks/wants/feels. I thought he was pretty proud of OMWH. I got the impression that he wasn't expecting RCA to put out a single for radio and seemed kind of pleased that it was OMWH. But that was just an impression. I certainly don't claim to know!!! Hee! And even though he said in his blog that certain songs would NOT be released as singles......they're still clamoring for them. I think if OMWH really does develop legs and gets ensconced on the playlists in the AC stations that some thought would be put in to which song next.

So Couchie - what did you cook for the family?

But there was one "album" (yes it was that long ago.....eep!) by Vern Gosdin and a song called Till The End that was just beatiful.

I don't know that album in particular but mmmmmm...Vern Gosdin (aka "the voice".) He had a bit of a resurgence in the late 80's which is when I discovered him. I have some of his stuff from then...Chiseled in Stone, That just about does it and Do you believe me now?

If it's possible, I love the CD more today than the day we got it. My favourites shift daily.

Yep. This is me.

I think if Clay made his decisions based on whether the fandom's collective heads would explode, he would never do anything

No kidding. :cryingwlaughter:

Honestly, I hope he just rests up for a bit. Takes some time away from everything. Including the fandom. I, for one, think he's earned it. :wub:

I did go see Jesus Christ Superstar and Godspell in London!

I think I've seen more plays than concerts in my life!

*gasps* You saw David Essex in Godspell???!!! Post some more details! He was wonderful as Che in Evita (better than Mandy Patinkin whom I would have ordinarily called the best); that natural growly quality to his voice just kills!

Yup!

And let me tell you - he was CUTE!

And Jeremy Irons! So tall and ramrod straight.

<snip>

Jeremy Irons as well? Too envious for words!!! If you remember anything else about either of them, whether in Godspell or any other performance, would greatly appreciate a PM! Thanks! *whispers you don't happen to have a cassette or whatever souvenir they had from that performance? is it called dack/jack? * :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Like you, I saw more plays/musicals than concerts early on.

I am still loving the album and the variety of sounds on it. Frankly, I'm a little surprised Clay hasn't gotten dinged for OMWH being too eclectic, instead of just straight up pop. He gets to demonstrate his jazz chops, be a little bluesy, croon and whatnot.

And then there are those little panting noises after each of the "Falling"s at 2:24 and 2:27 that just about make me drop over dead every time I hear them. Have mercy.... :hubbahubba:

I guess if it's necessary to have one's own opinion about what sounds good validated by someone with a byline, a blog, a penis, a Master's Degree in English, or who is too young to legally buy beer, one might be disappointed in OMWH.

Eh, whatever. I have ears and a brain and a heart, and I like what OMWH does to them.

And I really, really like what the K-Mart poster does to some other parts of my anatomy. It's verra, verra niiiiiccccceeeeee. :blush:

Bwah!

And Amen!

Well, except for the Kmart thing.

I bought the CD at Kmart. Poster? Nope. Didn't have it. Shouldn't have bought the cd. They were supposed to mail it to me.

Pffft! Called yesterday and the day before (because they told me to call back the next day) and they still supposedly didn't get them in.

Grrr.

I hate when people (companies) don't keep their promises. I showed them their ad in which they offered the dang "exclusive".

Don't have a store here. It's 30 miles North. Yeah. I'm pissed.

But - I LOVE OMWH!! Love it.

SL, Falling, ALAWH. These three I CAN. NOT. NOT. HIT. REPLAY.

Every single time!

SAU I love, too.

Shoot. I love it All.

The only one I sometimes skip is OMWH and I think it's because I heard it so many times before and I'm still Honeymooning with the new ones! :)

I love the variety. I love the accompaniment/production whatever.

I particularly LOVE the Global sound of ALAWH!!!

Well as the last of the virgins in regard to listening OMWH, I am listening whenever i can. I am enjoying it more than the first time I heard it. I don't know the acronyms or even very many words of the songs and. Although The Real Me is my favorite, just because of The way Clay sings it, I don't skip any songs.

I had to laugh at my husband, who after hearing OMWH at least three times while we drove to PA last week, said to me "I can't believe I have a Clay Aiken earworm." He actually likes Clay and has been to three concerts with me.

There is so much Clack that I haven't watched yet that I don't think I'll be missing Clay for a while. In addition we are building a shed in our backyard this summer. I'm hoping I'll only have to hold up walls and maybe paint. So if things get nasty I do have a refuge. :lilredani:

I went over to Yahoo to play the OMWH video -- 'cause I happen to like watching it a LOT -- and there was Clay's picture on the video front page and OMWH is a "Video Feature" and you can click to play it from right there.

Damn, he looks and sounds so incredibly fine!

Well, except for the Kmart thing.

I bought the CD at Kmart. Poster? Nope. Didn't have it. Shouldn't have bought the cd. They were supposed to mail it to me.

Pffft! Called yesterday and the day before (because they told me to call back the next day) and they still supposedly didn't get them in.

Grrr.

I hate when people (companies) don't keep their promises. I showed them their ad in which they offered the dang "exclusive".

Don't have a store here. It's 30 miles North. Yeah. I'm pissed.

Cotton, PLEASE do as I did and complain to Kmart head office. I was (reasonably) pleasant but firm, told them this was the second time in a row that they had failed to provide advertised promotions for Clay...and that I was going to report them to RCA/BMG and the Advertising Standards Council.

RCA pays big bucks for these promotions~and if Kmart isn't going to provide them~where ARE they going??

I received a response from head office within a couple of hours, which told me they had called the store I dealt with and the store manager would call me within 48 hrs (form letter, but personalized); he did not.

I sent it back to them (just replied to the email) after 3 days and told them. They said they contacted the District Manager and he would contact me; he did not, but the store manager did.

I picked up my posters Saturday....which actually was not my point in complaining, but hey, I'll take them!

When we encounter something like this, it does nothing much to rant here (satisfying as it is); Kmart promotions and anyone else that will listen needs to KNOW that we're pissed! Because they won't fix it if they don't.

And I will also be forwarding my complaints, regardless, to RCA and the ASC (online). What they are doing is SO illegal!

Scarlett, I THINK I still have the Playbill from Godspell.

Somewhere!

We've moved twice in the past 4 years, so God only knows where some of my stuff is. I know I wouldn't have thrown it away, but I have no clue where it is! How sad is that?!

But that's all I have. And you know it was a gazillion years ago.

I just remember loving the whole show. The playfulness. The color. The laughter and the tears.

I can picture in my mind a full body profile of Jeremy Irons standing so straight, looking at Jesus with such intensity.

Little did I know I was seeing a future movie star that I would see onscreen many a time!

I'm listening to OMWH right now, and I still love it as much as when I first heard them. I also wake up hearing parts of different songs in my head, which I don't remember doing on his previous cd's even though I loved them too. These songs just seem very catchy and I really hope that the radio spins build, and if he does get established on AC, then he'll probably be on there forever. I was forced to listen to the radio this past weekend and it was John Tesh's show, which by the way has way too many commercials, and he was playing songs from a decade ago. Not that I minded because they were some good songs, but I can see what they were talking about the slow build and how it takes awhile to break into AC.

Something else that I'd like to see for Clay's songs is on tv shows/commercials/movies. I recently downloaded a George Michael song after hearing it on Cold Case. I remembered liking it, and I like George Michael, although didn't enjoy him on AI this year. I also downloaded that Elvis song, which I can never remember the name of, because of hearing Elliott sing it on AI. I think that can be a real possiblility for a lot of songs on OMWH because there are so many shows on which they'd be a perfect fit. Would also love to hear some used on SYTYCD which just started up again last week.

As far as sharing concert time, I'm one of the greedy ones who want as much time with Clay as possible. If I wanted to see those others shows, I'd go to them, except I can't since I seem to spend all my money on Clay

I couldn't get the video to come up on either of my DVD players or through my Windows Media Player. What worked for me was to put the disc into the drive on my computer (with no players opened), and waiting a bit while it spins around and loads. It opens it's own little player. You may also be able to access it through "My Computer" on the start menu. Mine shows the disc drive as "Clay Aiken" when the disc is inserted.

Hee. I get 2 discs that show up. One is just "Clay Aiken" and the other says "OWMH on the side"! The OMWH a side note" is the audio, but nothing shows under "Clay Aiken".

Seeing your post reminded me that I had the same problem, so I went back just now to try to figure it out. Here's what I did....and I'm sure there is a simpler way.

I have Windows XP -

put cd/dvd in drive and go to My Computer

right click on that drive

click on Open

double click on Start

That opened up the This is the Night video screen and just click on Play. Hope this works for you or maybe someone can tell us another way to see it.

I have a Mac so heaven knows how I can get it to work!

I noticed at Mediabase that OMWH got a Start this week in Pittsburgh. And Raleigh has actually played it during the day. I think it can ... I think it can ....

Pittsburgh? Well, at least its in my state! There may be hope yet!

I don't want to go to work tomorrow!!! :cry4:

Claygasm. I'm on a mac and I can see the video.

When I open 'finder' I see two disc icons. When I click on Clay Aiken I get another CD icon labeled START and I get a window with the CD cover pic and

"This is the unreleased TITN video."

I think I had to try it twice - it tried to open it in iTunes first.

Even when it opens it's still the 2 1/2 X 4 1/2 screen, but it does play.

Good luck!

I saw IJ last Thurs. and enjoyed it, alot of it is just fun to watch, though farfetched.

I was suppose to work today but got called off becuase our censes was low. During the winter months we are busting at the seams but come summer we are slower. All the nasty winter bugs the kids get slip away, so most of the admissions are trauma, surgeries, or asthma. I am hoping that we do not have a repeat of last summer. I think we had 7 gunshot victims, all around 14-16 years of age, most gang related.

I am still loving every bit of this CD. There is probably two songs I am not found of, but I usually do not even skip them.

I know I mentioned before that I wanted him to tour on his own. I am just not sure who he could tour with. He takes command of the stage so much it would be hard to match him with someone.

Claygasm. I'm on a mac and I can see the video.

When I open 'finder' I see two disc icons. When I click on Clay Aiken I get another CD icon labeled START and I get a window with the CD cover pic and

"This is the unreleased TITN video."

I think I had to try it twice - it tried to open it in iTunes first.

Even when it opens it's still the 2 1/2 X 4 1/2 screen, but it does play.

Good luck!

Ok, I put the disc in. Two disc icons show up on my desktop - one labeled "OMWH a side note" and one labeled "Clay Aiken". iTunes opens. I shut it down. I click on the "Clay Aiken" icon - or open Finder - and two things show up. One is a folder icon labeled "Assets" and one is a disc icon again labeled "Clay Aiken". Nothing says anything about TITN. I tried opening the disc icon and a window opens but its blank and stays blank. I tried clicking on assets but get nothing relevant. It is really frustrating! Good thing I have seen the video before or I would really be upset!

Assets goes nowhere for me.

The icon says START and that's the one that opened the video.

I hate it won't work for you.

I did have to try it a time or two. It's like you're trying to figure out the combination.

*crosseseyes*

I have to say I almost wish I hadn't bought the QVC thing. I could have bought 3 Best Buy OMWH for the price. I wanted a DVD that would play on my big tv - in my DVD player.

Who was dissing my beloved KC and the Sunshine Band! They so totally rocked!

Hell, I still like all of Clay's CDs.

Totally indifferent to 99% of any critics out there.

Don't care if my child likes it, hell, my child thinks "Catwoman" was an artistic movie.

I have acquired an extra red pillow.

PerusingOne's fake man voice totally sucks.

If you boil baby squid long enough, they totally vulcanize.

Watching AI2 clack with the eHP, you pick up on totally delightful details.

If you have the eHP at your place long enough, and futz with your router settings long enough, one of them will push you out of the way and fix it for you.

Hong Kong is on!

My cat thinks Scarlett is tasty.

Solo apparently doesn't like sitting on the front row for "Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skulls" and has no problem abandoning us.

I have discovered my coffee pot apparently works.

And PerusingOne is willing to drink 6 year old coffee, using paper towels as a filter. I think an intervention may be in order.