#37: Whenever he's ready, I'm ready for whatever he's ready for.

Thread Title Poll  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness.
    • He is so sexay when he's following his Passion!!!
    • He looks really, really, really good while exuding all that good stuff.
    • One hawt hunk of packin' perfection!
    • He's a man of character and integrity and talent.
    • Kurei Eikun? I LOVE that guy!
    • Sometimes Clay is just the sex, YKWIM??

Maybe it's time to repeat my plea for information about Maine? I'm planning a trip there the last week in August....any must-sees from anyone who is there, or has visited?

I'll ask my son as he and his family moved back to Texas from Maine in 2003. They lived on the coast and my granddaughter was born in Portland. She's a Mainer!

They loved it there, especially the summers, and seriously miss the abundant opportunities for lobster dinner.

Good morning.

Cotton - I feel your pain. 97 degrees would be welcome though. We've had a 2 day respite but because I'm working 4 days straight, starting Thursday, it will be heating up again!!!! My arm looks like it belongs to two different people - the lower half is this dark, beautiful tan and the upper half is deadfish white! Hee!

GAWGEOUS banner Chach.....really, really, REALLLLY nice. As much as I love Clay's smile, this look is so handsome! You can really see the cheekbones and lips and....and....... :Thud:

Favorite place to see Clay? Venue would be the Paramount Theatre in Oakland......City....hmmmm....that's a tough one because I haven't been to too many cities. Probably New York for Spamalot! Favorite city in the world? It's a toss-up between Victoria, B.C. or Vancouver and San Francisco but I haven't seen Clay in either place!

Hope the eHPers make it home safefully...........and glad they had a great time in California.

KAndre comes home and flings herself with joy on the first thermometer she sees in Houston...thank heavens for a nice normal temp of 81 at seven in the morning!

I leave for a 3.5 day seminar and it takes me till right now to catch up! Lots of fun, tho... both the seminar and the catching up! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

The only trip I took to see Clay was to Clio for the JBT. Saw nothing except to and from the airport and the hotel I stayed at. The clackapolooza at breakfast the next morning was my first and only experience of seeing a hotel lobby full of laptops with about 30 women gathered round watching clack. Seriously fun! Clio was the "clack skip around" venue and a great venue and show. And, my most bestest seats, 5th row center and in that venue, I was about 15 feet away from him... and those black pants... GAH!!!

I haven't traveled a whole lot, but my favorite place to visit is Sequoia National Park. Those trees feed my soul. My most favorite trip was attending a seminar in SF, then taking the whole week after to slowly drive back down the coast back to OC. Monterey, Carmel, Big Sur, the big castle/mansion that I cannot remembe the name of, but they owned a big newspaper comglomerate, etc.

LOVE the banner! Sometimes I didn't care for the blonde straight hair, but sometimes he looked fantastic and this is one of those times. He transcends the hair!

Father of text messaging... :cryingwlaughter:

Hmm Clay travel..

Like LdyJ since Clay was the main attraction I didn't really see much of most of the places I've gone to although I tried to make a point to do something local.

One city that I've never been to but really had a favorable impression was Minneapolis. I admit though that I didn't get a full picture of the entire area. And although this is in no way the reason I'm saying this, there were more good looking men there than I've ever seen anywhere. I don't even think I've noticed something like that before. Every where I looked there was a fine looking man LOL.

Favorite City that I've been to before and not even Clay can compete with it is New York City. I love New York and was going there at least every other year before 9-11. Thanks to Clay I got to renew my love with the place.

Favorite city that has nothing to do with Clay is New Orleans pre Katrina. The first time I went to New Orleans was because my Jamaica cruise took off from there... we went a few days early and stayed a couple days after but it wasn't enough. The next year I went back for a real vacation. We were planning to do a family trip there.

I think I've been to some places I wouldn't have gone to if not for Clay...like Vermont. I can appreciative of all kinds of landscapes..even barren ones but driving through Vermont ..geesh...just not my thang.

The states I've gone to because of Clay that I've never been to before are MA, NH, VT, TN, MN.

oooh I know KAndre's favorite place...Dakota..whether north or south, can't remember, just know she can't wait to go back.

Iseeme I can't remember much from Paramount...I was too busy breathing a sign of relief that the pre party was a success. I found it very stressful helping plan that thing and doubt I'll ever volunteer again. Quit while you're on top. :hysterical:

Oh you big baby K...it was not cold...it was a very pleasant 70 degrees when you were around... PERFECTO...can't believe you kept saying this is bording on winter weather :cryingwlaughter:

Or....failing that....how about the (Clay or non-Clay) discussion of the day? He's taken us to some fascinating places; what was your favorite of the places you probably wouldn't have been if it weren't for him? And why? ....and what's your favorite vacation spot without Clay? and why?

I love to travel...had you guessed? :lol: Always looking for new adventures...but can't afford overseas.

Great question! Apart from my hometown, my other favourite city in the world is NYC. I have family there and, when I was a teenie kid, my grandparents actually lived on the upper east side of Manhattan. That is, in the days when the now chic townhouses were filled with flats - the kind with the tub under the kitchen table. My mum and I would visit several times a year and, after they moved to Queen's, would visit Manhattan regularly because my grandfather just loved it. To this day, I still get goosebumps when I visit Rockefeller Centre and don't even get me started on Radio City!

I love the fact that I got to go back this year (after a four year absence) to see the city again because of the Clay acting in Spamalot.

The other place I know I'd never have gone if it wasn't for Clay was Chautauqua, NY. I found it quite surreal, sort of like a Victorian Disneyland.

I'd love to go back to some places in Europe, which will hopefully happen after I retire...

One city that I've never been to but really had a favorable impression was Minneapolis. I admit though that I didn't get a full picture of the entire area. And although this is in no way the reason I'm saying this, there were more good looking men there than I've ever seen anywhere. I don't even think I've noticed something like that before. Every where I looked there was a fine looking man LOL.

DD has been in Minneapolis for extended stays twice since she's been touring. She loves it, too, though she didn't say anything about the good looking men. She said they have the best audiences, plus everyone is so nice to them that the weather isn't a problem.

Speaking of which, Spotlightlover and I were there for last year's CITH tour. We decided to scope out the Mall of America, which required traveling some miles from downtown. Since we're both Californians with no real experience with winter temps, we called the guy at the front desk for advice. "Oh, it's balmy," he said. "Define balmy," I said, suspiciously. "Where are you from?" he replied. "California." "Well, in that case, it's 28 degrees and freezing."

Since I live in Clayland, I haven't had to travel much to see Clay. I did go to the California 3-fer last summer, but that was more to see Clay friends than Clay, and I would do it again in a minute! I used to live in southern California, so it wasn't new to me, but still so fun. My favorite cities in the US are San Francisco and Boston. Maybe next tour..... I love NY, too, but it's fairly local, so I don't think of that as traveling.

Speaking of which, Spotlightlover and I were there for last year's CITH tour. We decided to scope out the Mall of America, which required traveling some miles from downtown. Since we're both Californians with no real experience with winter temps, we called the guy at the front desk for advice. "Oh, it's balmy," he said. "Define balmy," I said, suspiciously. "Where are you from?" he replied. "California." "Well, in that case, it's 28 degrees and freezing."

Yeah...28 degrees is about the time Minnesotans put away their summer bikinis. They switch to shorts and a tshirt by that temp. *g*

My husband is from the Minneapolis area, and I've been there several times. Friendliest people ever there, IMO. Also, I think there's lots of good food there. If you get a chance, visit an area called Dinkytown (near the U of M) and visit Al's Breakfast. As you can guess, they serve nothing BUT breakfast. I think the place holds all of 20 people (in one long counter), but the food is fantastic.

artquest, did you use the light rail system to get from downtown Minneapolis to the MOA? I just did that for the first time last year, and that's really neat.

Topic? Clay claims that he likes the Minneapolis/St. Paul area quite a bit. It's also where concert Clay was "born" IMO -- thanks to "what is that MOVE?"

my favorite place to visit is Sequoia National Park. Those trees feed my soul. My most favorite trip was attending a seminar in SF, then taking the whole week after to slowly drive back down the coast back to OC. Monterey, Carmel, Big Sur

Oh YES! The last time I was back home in CA, my best friend from 1st grade and I drove up from OC to SF to visit her parents. On the way back down, we drove along the PCH and visited all those towns. Love, love, love the northern CA coast! Except when it's foggy and neither of you are feeling all that well and you're taking turns driving a stick shift... :huh: Other than that, you can't beat the scenic route.

Hmm Clay travel..

Like LdyJ since Clay was the main attraction I didn't really see much of most of the places I've gone to although I tried to make a point to do something local.

That's something I always try to do on my Clay travels, too. Favorite place I've traveled to see Clay? I think I have to say NYC for Spamalot. It was my first time, but definitely not my last! Which I guess is already true since I went back 2 weeks later... :cryingwlaughter: I don't think I could ever adjust to living in a city like that, but I would soooooo like to live close enough to be able to travel into town for shows and such.

But I absolutely fell in love with NC, too. Both for the Charlotte/Raleigh 3-fer and last year in Asheville. I still want to buy a piece of NC pottery - everything I found that I really liked, I couldn't afford! Must go back when there aren't any concert tickets eating up my $$$.

Really liked England & France when I went the summer before I graduated high school. Defintiely want to go back someday. Would also love to go to Ireland, the Netherlands and Spain. Australia, too! *waves* to ausdon and claytonic! :hello:

Oh! couchie and I have that trip to Antarctica (or someplace similarly cold) tentatively on the calendar for 2010, I believe! ;)

I'd have to say NYC was also my favourite place to see Clay and I got to go there twice, once for the IT when he was in Long Isl. and again for Spamalot this past April. However, I also loved the scenery on the trips to New Hampshire and Williamsport, PA., but like liney, my favourite concert venue of all was Clio, MI where I saw him twice for the NAT (third row seat) and once for the JBT.

Aside from Clay, I haven't travelled a great deal, but I'd have to say the county of Devon in England was my favourite. My DH is British and we travelled thru the south of England with his parents in the 80's. Beautiful and charming place and the Devon cream teas were to die for.

Thanks to the eHP for a virtual vacation. I think everyone needs a break, maybe Clay boards do as well.

Point of discussion - Are Clay boards more critical of Clay than other fan boards -

Well, we kind of know at least a couple of examples where it is not true - like the Mandy Moore board taht she closed down because it was vicious in the criticism of her and her label, but was the the exception rather than the rule? Are any other idol fans as critical of their idol?

Or on a more cheerful note - we can talk about our dream venue where clay has yet to appear - maybe a city we want to visit. Isn't some group here planning a trip to Asia? heh heh

artquest, did you use the light rail system to get from downtown Minneapolis to the MOA? I just did that for the first time last year, and that's really neat.

We took the sky way walks to the light rail and then the light rail to the Mall. Worked perfectly. DD noticed that most of the bars and restaurants in downtown Minneapolis didn't really have street level entrances. Most people seem to use the sky walk pathways and passages between buildings, one story up from the street. I guess the first storm deposits 6 feet of snow, so it makes sense to move everything up. They were kinda like the tunnels in Houston that went from building to building all through the downtown. And for the same reason - awful weather - though in Houston it was the heat/humidity.

Maybe it's time to repeat my plea for information about Maine? I'm planning a trip there the last week in August....any must-sees from anyone who is there, or has visited?

I was in Maine last summer. Flew into Portland and visited a long-time friend in a small neighboring town. My recommendation is Kennebunkport. (this is a 'virtual tourist' site) It's a charming little town, and we ate Lobster Rolls (don't miss them!) at Allison's Restaurant. It's sort of a cold lobster salad sandwich - yummy!! We saw the Bush "compound" - it's rather impressive. Didn't really go to the beach, but I am sure the beaches there are lovely! Some of the coast is pretty rocky tho!

Here are some of my fave pix: (clickable)

Gift shop next to Allison's

th_IMG_5136.jpg

One of the neat-looking buildings

th_IMG_5137.jpg

Directional signs

th_IMG_5141.jpg

th_IMG_5142.jpg

the Bush place

th_IMG_5161.jpg

coast next to the Bush place

th_IMG_5166.jpg

If you go take lots of pictures!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Point of discussion - Are Clay boards more critical of Clay than other fan boards

You know... the TWoP General Hospital board is brutal and hilarious. The main target is the head writer but all the writers are referred to as PFM or poo flinging monkeys. But it's totally different as people are not fans of the writers but of the show which has what a 40 year history. There's not another celeb that I've followed as closely so I couldn't tell you. I'm fans of other actors/muscians but have no interest in anything but their projects. I don't need to know about them in advance, don't need to know if they are dating, don't need to know who does their hair :hysterical: This is a totally unique thing to me - as the song goes I've seen best, I've seen the worst ... but I'd change a thing or two if I had the power :cryingwlaughter:

Loved the skywalks in minneapolis...kept getting turned around in them though..I have no sense of direction.

Point of discussion - Are Clay boards more critical of Clay than other fan boards -

As a survivor of years on Trek boards, I'd say they can be worse, but the fan venting is generally directed at "Paraborg", (Paramount) ather than the actors. Well, maybe Shatner in the old days, but not so much any more.

Web insults close Michael's site

Singer George Michael has shut down his website messageboard because so-called fans had been using it to log disparaging comments about him.

The pop star, 41, said it was "sad" to see the forum "packed full of negative comment", saying he wanted nothing to do with the "bitching" on the site.

Website users had accused of him of being old and overweight and failing to promote his latest album, Patience.

Others had complained about the quality of his recordings.

In a farewell message on the site, Michael said: "As many of you will know, much of my reasoning for the future is to stay away from the negativity of the media.

"I think that it is bad for me and for music in general, so I find it really sad to see the forums so packed full of negative comment, and that so many genuinely positive fans find themselves defending me... constantly against attack. How pointless."

He went on: "There are plenty of places to read people slagging each other off, but I wasn't trying to create one in opening the forum.

"Those of you that want to carry on the media's work will have to do it somewhere else."

He said he "felt bad" for genuine fans who had supported him in the forums, but signed off saying: "Sorry guys, but that's the way it goes... Peace and Love... or nothing at all."

After hearing of the closure, disappointed fans said they feared the move would only create more negative publicity for the singer.

One branded him a "control freak" and said: "It smacks of someone unhappy we're not all heaping praise on him at every turn and that's sad.

"The people who read and contribute to these boards are fans."

Another said the decision was "ludicrous", posting a message saying: "It's a fans' forum, it's freedom of speech and I don't think it's down to George to take his ball home and say 'I'm not playing any more.'"

George Michael said the forum would remain open for two weeks to enable fans who had built up friendships online to arrange other ways to stay in touch. The rest of the website remains open.

Heh, usual hypocrisy from fans who like to bash! I checked and he does have the forums open now on his site, but perhaps there are guidelines now in place.

I totally agree with him, by the way. People of course are free to be nastily negative, but they can do that somewhere else. Free speech has nothing to do with it. Free speech only applies for one's own website. Of course, I am one who sees no point in much negativity, as a conversational sort of direction or whatever, it is draining and I avoid it in real life. Politics fills all those needs for me, I guess, I don't need anything else depressing!

I used to be on some soap boards. And we all became friends, but we used to be very critical of the actors sometimes.

There was one particular time when Kripa was PG and the comments were pretty harsh about why she didn't do her hair, because the roots were showing something awful.

Not only that, but lots of comments were made about her hubby Mark, and these were people we supposedly liked!!

After a couple of years we took it to email to avoid all the trolls, and back-biting between the different factions of posters.

This board is very mild in comparison!

That's the only other fan board I've ever been part of.

There's another example of a singer who closed her message board. I can't think of her name, but after succeeding in pop she did a country album and tour as part of a trio she formed. I remember her closing her board for similar reasons as GM did.

Cotton - I feel your pain. 97 degrees would be welcome though. We've had a 2 day respite but because I'm working 4 days straight, starting Thursday, it will be heating up again!!!! My arm looks like it belongs to two different people - the lower half is this dark, beautiful tan and the upper half is deadfish white! Hee!

Okay. What's your humidity???

I bet I win!

:cryingwlaughter:

Also - who the hell had the big idea was it for me to paint the Craft Room while DH is out of town to surprise him when he comes home??!!! :blink:

Oh, yeah.

That would be . . . me!

Sheesh!

I could be spending all day looking at Clay Pictures!!!

What a dope I am!

Still - :013085001176249046:

So - if any of you have any of those shots to post so I can drool look next time I take a break, that would be lovely! :)

Oh - and NECK pictures. I love that man's neck!

:F_05BL17blowkiss: to the picture posters!

Back to work . . . <_<

So it has happened before to other artists - but is it constructive or destructive? Has it happened to another idol?

I don't consider the amazing race or big brother fan boards because it was a mix of people who were fans of certain people and some who were fans of others so shows are not people equivalent, however on the beanie board, it was acceptable heavily moderated because tha average age of a poster was proabaly 8, so not controversial subject, no foul language nothing bad to be said about individual beanies ( kids might take the remarks personally if thier favborite beanie was insulted as being ugly). It took an hour after you posted for your comment to appear because the moderators read and approved every post and they were workers in the beanie land.

However, a bunch of angry customers did post about back door episodes they witnessed and store owners posted about lack of product. It was very iffy about posts getting through. Finally there was a "rebel board" formed where people could instantly complain about backdooring and make ridiculolus accusations about the owner taking bribes from sotres, like he was so poor he had to do that and creat bad feelings. And then there was new years 2000 - the turning point in beanie collecting where no one knows what was really meant, but there was a messagbe posted at the website taht seemed to indicate the line would be discontinued. After taht a lot of fans disappeared and the market has pretty much been scrambling like everuyone else and the inflated "tulip bulb' like prices dropped. The aligned boards have pretty much disappeared or branched out to other things and the official board is pretty dead and has introduced interactive Beanie 2.0 to bring back the children after trying bratz like dolls and e-bay like auction site, both of which failed. So the ownere is still making money, but the excitement and fun f the late 90's is gone and cannot be reignited.

ETA - ditto, Michelle Branch - oops.

I think that singer was Michelle Branch. Have read of others who have done the same. Read recently that Mandy Moore did the same thing, but have not verified it.

Thanks. That's the one. From MTV back then:

Michelle Branch posted a late-night tirade recently on her Wreckers band Web site, taking her fans to task for them "bitching" about her new music taking so long to come out, and complaining that her record label forced her to do "a lame ass tour" while she was pregnant and made her record with Santana when she didn't want to (the message board was then taken down). Now her partner in the Wreckers, Jessica Harp, and her manager Stuart Dill have responded to the rant, explaining that the singer is under a lot of pressure, and her response was understandable. Harp told the Tennessean newspaper, "Perhaps Michelle did overreact a little bit, but she's human. It was the middle of the night. ... Everyone gets angry sometimes. I completely support her." Meanwhile, Dill told the paper, "There are always pressure points and often huge hurdles in making a record and getting it out." The Wreckers album is due in May. ...

Don't know if her board stayed closed or not. If you read Clay's bio on People, you'd get the impression that the OFC was permanently closed after that time it was shut down for the weekend. No mention whatsoever of his blog about it asking Clique to reopen right away.

When Mariah Carey had her breakdown, one of the things that was bugging her was "haters." You can find it on YouTube: "There are people called haters." Takes a lot of fortitude to be in show biz, and considering that one of the attractions is all the love you get, it must be hard to realize you're going to get some nasty hate too. (And sharply worded criticisms from people who are fans, not haters.)