#37: Whenever he's ready, I'm ready for whatever he's ready for.

Thread Title Poll  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness.
    • He is so sexay when he's following his Passion!!!
    • He looks really, really, really good while exuding all that good stuff.
    • One hawt hunk of packin' perfection!
    • He's a man of character and integrity and talent.
    • Kurei Eikun? I LOVE that guy!
    • Sometimes Clay is just the sex, YKWIM??

Ahh, fun night at Columbus last year indeed, laughn. Great guy, great music, great busline, great weather, great seats. Even on the "chemically contaminated lawn" (tm Clay)! :hysterical:

On one of my emails groups we've been talking about Billy Idol. Since I was basically pretty busy with kids and Girl Scouts and preteens and teens in the 90's, I didn't know a whole lot about him. But I did some youtube research and found that I really actually HAD heard some of his songs, just didn't know it was him!!

To make this Clay-related, there's an interview with Arsenio Hall in which he talks about the pressures of making an image as opposed to being himself.

- that part is around 2:40. He's not bad to look at either!! Rolling Stone cover

I admire any celebrity who "marches to a different drummer" and carves his own niche. And that includes M. Buble!! :D

---

btw - could someone repost, or point me to the new Somalia pictures? I think they were posted last week when I had limited access and I missed them!

---

Apparently there's a thread somewhere (the CB?) with a gazillion more mosaics, I got some in email today. here's one of my faves!

mosaic-tyra.jpg

Hi everyone. :hello: I haven't been on the computer much lately since nothing is going on. I've actually been trying to get my life back...you know, clean house, get out and do something fun. Went to see Phantom of the Opera a couple of weeks ago. That was soooo good. The Phantom was everywhere! Didn't work this weekend...all I did was lay on the couch watching TV, a week of All My Children, and movies. I watched West Side Story yesterday. Cried like a baby and was depressed all afternoon. Maybe I'll stick to the boards.

This is a few days old but thought I would comment on it.

ETA - Clay endorsed a debit card - I wonder if you can still get it or if it is still good - was not a way that I work financially so I passed but others got it just for the picture

damn spell checker changed butothers to butters

I still have my debit card...just have it for the picture but it's still good as I got something from the maker a few months ago...

Now I know why we get more visitors when we argue fuss and fight :hysterical::hysterical:

thanks Gibby for the pictures..what a man!

Couchie, did you read whatever it was you got in the mail? I received a letter saying they were no longer going to carry the card and refunded the money I had on my card. Hope you didn't throw your check away.

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Just got a call from Muski. She and MuskiDaughter #1 are on I-5 between Portland and Eugene, OR. They kept losing radio stations but finally got one of those STAR stations. They listened to all the usual suspects - Leona Lewis, Maroon 5, Daughtry, Clay Aiken....

WAIT!!!

Clay Aiken???????? She said she found herself staring at the radio in disbelief as she heard the strains of OMWH coming out of a radio!!!!!!

It was such an unusual occurrence that she just had to call and tell me about it!

**Sigh** I guess I'll just have to enjoy the excitement vicariously. Heaven knows, pigs will fly before its heard here in the greater Philadelphia area!

But I'm glad someone has heard OMWH on the radio!

That's so funny, you hear Clay in a store and you look up at the ceiling...you hear him on the radio and you stare at the radio like something is wrong but you can't put your finger on what it is. :cryingwlaughter:

KBEZ here in Tulsa has all requests during the noon hour. Last week a lady called in and requested OMWH. She said her son was getting married and they were going to play it at the wedding. Hool cool is that?

I just found a youtube of Paul in Quebec City!!

Paul McCartney live from Quebec. Hey Jude

It's pretty good - looks professional!

Wish I could've been there too!!

One more Clay mosaic!! TWO MORE! (I couldn't choose!)

mosaic7188329.jpg

mosaic9269809.jpg

WOW - back to Paul for a minute...... check out

Just so we can say last rites over couchie and the rest of the FCAers, I have taken all the mosaics and put them together on a webpage......... :dead-1:

CLAY PHOTO MOSAICS FROM THE CLAYBOARD

Some of these made me gasp!!! He is so beautiful! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

btw - could someone repost, or point me to the new Somalia pictures? I think they were posted last week when I had limited access and I missed them!

Here's the link to the blog, cha cha - Somalia: keep spreading the word

Thanks for the links to those YouTubes from the BBC about Somalia, Claygary.

Here's the link to the blog, cha cha - Somalia: keep spreading the word

Thanks for the links to those YouTubes from the BBC about Somalia, Claygary.

thanks anna!

I think I missed the youtubes too.... although I think I can find them!! thanks in advance to Claygary!

eta: top of page 73 :F_05BL17blowkiss:

On one of my emails groups we've been talking about Billy Idol. Since I was basically pretty busy with kids and Girl Scouts and preteens and teens in the 90's, I didn't know a whole lot about him. But I did some youtube research and found that I really actually HAD heard some of his songs, just didn't know it was him!!

To make this Clay-related, there's an interview with Arsenio Hall in which he talks about the pressures of making an image as opposed to being himself.

- that part is around 2:40. He's not bad to look at either!! Rolling Stone cover

I admire any celebrity who "marches to a different drummer" and carves his own niche. And that includes M. Buble!! :D

---

---

Apparently there's a thread somewhere (the CB?) with a gazillion more mosaics, I got some in email today. here's one of my faves!

mosaic-tyra.jpg

Ha! cha cha that is funny. I am very slowly working on cleaning out a closet in the guest room. On one of the shelves I found an old Billy Idol calendar. It's my son's from the eighties. I remember having to take him to a Billy Idol concert in Charlotte as he was too young to drive. Talk about a young demographic, I think I was a novelty to those kids. As my son would always abandon me, I fortunately found a man I knew who had driven his son there so I did have someone to talk to in between songs. Billy and his band were definitely gender benders in matters of dress and makeup.

I still have laryngitis, so since I can't talk I may be a post whore. :wordpooper:

Luckiest1 I am glad you had a good time; but the crowds...don't if I would have been able to handle that. I find that more and more, I just do not like large crowds.

Not a good day for me; hating starting a day off with a run-in with the Library Director; she can be a real bitch on wheels at times and today was one of them. We are having a in-service workshop next Friday which I will have to miss being on vacation, which she is none too happy about. I tried to explain to her that my husband has to pick his vacation weeks in January and we had no idea the in-service would be the same week since the date had not been chosen yet. Unfortunately she was not buying that and just kept mumbling about "there being a reason the date was posted 4 months in advance"...just about had to bite my tongue off to keep from arguing with her.

I thought that was the end of it, but then she sends me an e-mail saying I need to put into writing my reasons for not being at the In-Service and send it to the Library Board and her. So, I typed up a note all the while grumbling at my desk...but I was very polite and even bragged on myself a bit and pointed out that I have never missed a staff meeting or an In-Service Meeting and rarely take a day off.

But then I come here and see all the lovely pictures of Clay which immediately put a smile on my face! Thank you all for those!

Ldyj Glad to hear you are up and about, but don't overdo! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Kim

Kim - I have been hanging out on this computer just about all day! It's amazing what a few days away from one will do to you!!

Glad the photos made you smile. Congrats on holding your temper with the BOW (bitchonwheels) :cryingwlaughter: I probably wouldn't have had that much patience! What part of "January" did she not understand!??

Just finished watching the Somaliland vids. WOW! I didn't realize Somalia was so dangerous. I am glad Clay came and went with no problems. I hope he has some entertaining stories to tell. Maybe he'll get booked on Kimmel sometime soon?? That would be extremely nice!!!

Here's another of my faves!!!

mosaic92426583.jpg

AWE....WONKY EYE! sniff

I'm lovin' the photo jag, ladies! Thanks :F_05BL17blowkiss:

luckiest, I'm glad you and your son had a good time at the concert. I hope you get your e-mail pics too cause I'm selfish that way and hope you share with us :)

OMG! I thought this day would NEVER end!! :wacko: I'm heading out into the mugginess to stop at Walgreen's and hopefully make it home before the thunderstorms move in. :whee:

I'm catching glimpses when I can because this has been a busy day for me, and this evening I'll be here until 10pm because I was insane enough to volunteer to proctor a final exam for a friend who had something come up ...... and I don't wanna! WAHHHH! By the time I'm back online tonight everyone will probably be asleep, but I'm looking forward to seeing hawt pictures when I get home! Tomorrow I'm taking a gas holiday and not leaving the house, a/k/a "working from home" ** wonky winky ** so see ya then!

Cha Cha It isn't that she didn't understand; she just will never, ever admit she is wrong!

Last week we had a staff meeting and she was upset because patrons were bringing in drinks other than bottled water...according to her the policy stated "clear liquids in sealed containers" which to her means bottled water. Except that is not what the policy stated and my boss, who just loves to point out when she is wrong...mentioned that the actual policy said "all liquids must be in sealed containers". Well; she disagreed with him and he offered to show her the policy manual and how it was written which caused her to yell at him "I know what it says, I wrote the policy!" as we were all squirming in our seats. Not one to let a challenge go by, my boss went and got the policy manual after the meeting and showed her what it said. She didn't say a word to him, but sent him an e-mail saying she was re-writing the policy. Needless to say, she does not like confrontation nor being showed up.

Kim

Glad to hear that you had a great time. Do you know the names of the bands that came before Paul? Enjoying your sightseeing and safe travels home.

Thanks. The first band was called The Stills and the next was the Pascale Picard band. I didn't mind The Stills but I'm sorry, Pascale was really, really bad. She has a very nice voice when she isn't screaming, though. ;)

Since luckiest1 is off sightseeing today, I don't think she'll mind me posting this recap from the Globe and Mail, with more concert details:

Concert brings harmony to Plains of Abraham

Thanks for the article, there was some video on that page as well. Neat to see the crowd!

I just found a youtube of Paul in Quebec City!!

Paul McCartney live from Quebec. Hey Jude

It's pretty good - looks professional!

WOW - back to Paul for a minute...... check out

Thanks for the links! The whole concert was professionally recorded, as it was being broadcast live on Canal Indigo (pay per view), and is apparently available to residents of Quebec for a few days, on demand. I'm hoping to somehow get a DVD of it. I wish I had thought to bring my DVR with me!

Well, we are back from sight seeing. It was nice, we took the ferry across and back, did some shopping, had some lunch. But our feet are still not up for too much walking, lol. So we are going to take it easy tonight and rest up for the drive tomorrow.

Luckiest - loved reading your recap of the concert!! What a neat thing for you to share with your son!!

This is very OT - I was wondering if anyone here as seen the movie Mama Mia? I know my 7 yr old daughter would love the singing/dancing, but I wonder if the content of the movie is ok for a 7 yr old? I'd appreciate any thoughts on the subject.

From the CH:

QUOTE("Ms Marmalade")

Posted at CC:

Interactive Advertising Bureau.net

Liveblogging: IAB Mobile

Randy Zadra, visiting fellow at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Media Lab, led the panel on Carriers and the Mobile Marketing Ecosystem: Accelerating Access at the IAB Mobile Leadership Forum. He posited initially that bound by their size and tradition, telephone carriers were long staid, nearly immovable organizations. Thanks to mobile marketing, though, they currently stand at the headwaters of cultural and commercial change, both within their own organizations and society at large.

<snip>

As a matter of course, carriers now seek to leverage popular culture in mobile marketing campaigns. AT&T did so many promotions with American Idol that Berman was not far off in declaring Clay Aiken “the father of text messaging.” Virgin, for its part, does promotions at rock concerts text messaging VIP ticket upgrades to those who carpooled.

Hee! Somehow Clay being the "father of text messaging" just cracks me up..........

It may be heresy but I never liked the Beatles!!!

You are never alone at any board - I was (and am) a Rolling Stones fan, and mostly never thought about the Beatles except to notice that they sure released a lot of singles.

You would have to pry the High Tide Green Grass, Flowers, and Between The Buttons albums out of my cold dead hands. Those sound just as good to me now as they did waaaaaaaay back then.

Clay content - I would love to see/hear Clay sing "Miss You" in concert, which will never happen!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I have not met any Stones fans among the Clayfans. I love the Stones!!! Have you seen them in concert? I saw them in 1972, 1978, 1989 (I think). And I saw then a couple years ago during their last tour. That was a great concert!

The thread is called HR Hangout, and it's in the Clayboard's Calling All Clayfans forum. The reason I know is that this is where AmazingCA posts her graphics. Recently, one poster has been putting together these mosaics.

Hello, FCA! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Kudos to Cotton on the prompt K-Mart poster! :whistling-1:

Have a great evening, all! :)

Caro listen.gif

Watching the Food Network and they just had a crawl on the bottom of the screen that the new season of Paula's Party starts August 2...possibly Clay?

Kim

Watching the Food Network and they just had a crawl on the bottom of the screen that the new season of Paula's Party starts August 2...possibly Clay?

Kim

I've been keeping an eye on the Paula's Party page on foodnetwork.com, and nothing with Clay has been announced yet (although I haven't checked today. *g*) I'll keep on keeping on with the search, though.... ETA: just checked, and nothing yet...

Actually, I was watching Food Network today, and Emeril was on. I don't normally watch him (actually, he's one I usually turn OFF), but for some reason, I left it on this afternoon. And where did he go visit? Juniors. As in Junior's Cheesecake. Which reminded me of Spamalot and Clay.

*sigh*

aikim, sorry to hear about the....the....person.

It may be heresy but I never liked the Beatles!!!

You are never alone at any board - I was (and am) a Rolling Stones fan, and mostly never thought about the Beatles except to notice that they sure released a lot of singles.

You would have to pry the High Tide Green Grass, Flowers, and Between The Buttons albums out of my cold dead hands. Those sound just as good to me now as they did waaaaaaaay back then.

Clay content - I would love to see/hear Clay sing "Miss You" in concert, which will never happen!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I have not met any Stones fans among the Clayfans. I love the Stones!!! Have you seen them in concert? I saw them in 1972, 1978, 1989 (I think). And I saw then a couple years ago during their last tour. That was a great concert!

I'm a Beatles Fan (read: Beatlemaniac) but I liked the Early Stones, and saw them in DC in 64, I think. It was soon after the Beatles played the DC Armory, and that's where I saw the Stones!

I'll never forget driving my mother's old convertible in summer 65 with the Stones "Can't Get No Satisfaction" blasting thru the radio!! Those were the days!! :F_05BL17blowkiss: