#39: "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• New car...See Clay in Spamalot...New car...See Clay in Spamalot..
    • Clay makes spending money on him so enjoyably easy ... and irresistible.
    • I am still here and I still adore this man and have no idea why.
    • Clickables and lickables!!!!!!!!! Life is good again.
    • He's this wonderful mystery. With a great package.
    • WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    • With Clay Aiken we've already won the Lotto!
    • Never boring. Always expensive. And worth every cent!
    • He simply makes me smile when I see him.
    • Its not that I don't have a life, its just that these Clay things are so much damn fun!

Good Morning Everyone,

Interesting conversations, sorry I missed it; was watching the Olympics and fell asleep...not used to staying up so late.

Friends, lovers, whatever...They are still a couple to me and I do believe that baby was conceived with a lot of love...and really that is what is important...that he be loved and cherished. I do have to wonder though why some are so dead set against Clay having any kind of relationship with Jaymes...I feel bad that the mother of his child is disliked so much.

36 Days until "Spam, Wonderful, Spam!

:woohoo:

44 Days until Clay is Partying with Paula!

:woohoo:

65 Days until The BAF Gala! :woohoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Wow, the one night I'm sound asleep everyone's online. Can you guys call me next time? LOL!

"I feel happy" - tm: NDF

Don't know why, probably shouldn't be but with the world and the economy the way it is why shouldn't anyone stay be glad for a bit of time when they're not tired or anxious or sad; every bit of good news helps and the combined good cheer of a healthy baby and upcoming Gala and Spam appearances should be savored. Nice to find out (thx kf) that the google alerts are positive and the blurbs are nicely worded. Just that is a cause for celebration for me.

annabear, I pm'ed my e-mail addy.

KAndre, I text'ed my addy.

Now if only I didn't have an early morning meeting... nothing's perfect.

Have a great day everyone!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

ETA: Oh, it was the Olympics. Haven't watched anything yet. Hope the US & Canada are doing fine!

Thanks for the countdown, aikim!

ETAA: Not ranking babies in the same category of joy as show tickets, they just occurred all at once.

I hate all the miserable whining complaining bitches who try to make everyone as negative as they are.

Piss on them.

I'm going to NY and NO ONE is raining on my parade.

Wanda I hope you typed this with an OUTRAGEOUS french accent!!!! (Well, thats how it sounded in my head....)

I can remember that we heard Clay and Ruben appeared at a private function in Australia or somewhere like that, shortly after AI was over - and some were astounded that we didn't know about it.

Wow Djs, I didn't even think anyone would be interested in my birthday party entertainment........... :hysterical:

Scarlett said,

"I feel happy" - tm: NDF

Don't know why, probably shouldn't be but with the world and the economy the way it is why shouldn't anyone stay be glad for a bit of time when they're not tired or anxious or sad; every bit of good news helps and the combined good cheer of a healthy baby and upcoming Gala and Spam appearances should be savored. Nice to find out (thx kf) that the google alerts are positive and the blurbs are nicely worded. Just that is a cause for celebration for me.

WORD :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I also feel happy, except for the part where I can't think of a good enough reason to go back to NYC, well one that will convince hubby! :cry4:

I'm not sure why it's so important to everybody - or seemingly everybody - that Clay and Jaymes be romantically involved. Why can't they be just dear friends like he said? Maybe there wasn't a hidden message in that but just simply that they're good friends. It happens. I've never shipped the two of them - don't even want to think about it to be honest. But everywhere you read these days the speculation is running rampant that again - Clay said one thing but MUST have meant 1000 other different things. You'd think the man speaks in tongues because he sure isn't taken at his word!

I don;t go to other boards so I will only speak to what I see from here...I see most people here are open to BOTH possibilities. I think most of the arguments put forth is that his use of dear friends does not necessarily exclude a more romantic relationship...I don't see anyone here insisting that they are romantic. I know a few tend to think they are ...but as far as I can see they are not ramming the notion down anyone's throat. As far as I can see everyone is taking his word that Jaymes is his dear friend...so since he hasn't said...and no there is nothing romantic between us...then I don't think its going against what he says to wonder about whats not being said.

And I STILL say that whatever fertility measures were taken were probably done in North Carolina where Clay spends most of his time when he's not on tour (or in Spamalot!) IVF can take a long time to be successful. Why would Jaymes go somewhere else then to have the baby? Seems to me she would stay with the doctors (assuming my theory has any merit) that helped her to conceive - you know, continuity and all that! NC is a haven for Clay and he probably has the most freedom to move around there - NOT in Los Angeles, that's for sure! So I guess I'm also in the camp that doesn't see anything mystical or romantic about Parker being born in NC. Seems to me like it was a logical conclusion....again, assuming my theory has merit.

Well why would it be done in NC when the mother...the one that has to go to the doctor for this procedure...the one that has to be going to prenatal visits...is not from NC. During the time of conception Clay was busy with a tour. He has said that the last time he was in NC for a extended period of time was like in October 2007...So to me, unless their relationship is much closer and Jaymes actually has established residence in NC the past year...it does not make sense for her to have her doctor in NC. That actually supports the notions that their bond is very close. As you pointed out, Jaymes is a professional woman that has her own family friends and career...and it seems to me that would be closer to BC and LA...at the other side of the country from NC. This is why I was surprised this happened in NC...cos it would seem that she has established a high comfort level in Clay's home when must have a lot of family and friends in Vancouver and LA.

Probably I'm being too realistic and not schmoopie enough.

I don't know...I think its more realistic to be open to any possibility cos we really don't know anything. All we know is Clay and Jaymes had Parker and she gave birth in NC. We know they have a strong bond and that Clay considers her his dear friend.

Oh and the marriage thing....we know Clay wants to have a family...did he actually say he wants to be married? Even if he does...we don't know how Jaymes feels about the subject.

For the record...I do think they have a platonic relationship right now. But I also am open to any possibility. I just don't have to be black and white about anything. I like to see things in grays... I am also not in a wait and see mode. It will be fine if this is all we really know....

This is my take on the friend's comment. He said dear friend and best friend. Clever boy; he didn't say just friends which might have given us a clearer picture. I think they'll be together in NYC, and I think there is no doubt that the extended family will want to see them all, but I don't think Clay is going to let his new little family get too far away from him. JMO!

I'm happy about Spamalot. I do believe the Holiday season will be a great time for the NJU crowd to see how amazingly talented Clay really is. He owns that part in Spamalot and he is certainly is a born actor. We'll have more music down the road. Touring is down right now and, it's not a good time for Clay anyway. All in due time. LOL!!!! I think his career is good to go. There will probably be wonderful PR for Clay/ Spamalot and hopefully some more gigs in NYC.

And just FYI, while I found the word "kid" as initially used in your post to be dismissive and maybe even a bit disrespectful, I accepted your explanation for it's use, and moved on. However, I find your use of "kid child" to be even more disrespectful, since you seem to be doing it to further irritate the people who were already offended (otherwise, why keep doing it?) It's like a 6 year old saying "na na na na na".

Thanks for this comment. I too found it offensive. If you can't say child without the kid, why not just refer to him as "Parker".

It's not terribly important to me for Clay and Jaymes to be romantically involved. Makes no difference either way. I'm thrilled for both of them that they're dear friends. However, my hubby is my dearest friend in the world, and he is also my lover. So it's certainly possible that Clay and Jaymes are dear friends and lovers. For me it's not a matter of misconstruing Clay's words, but rather realizing that he could choose to keep certain aspects of his relationship with Jaymes secret if he wanted to do so. In fact, it probably is to his advantage to do so, if there is something he doesn't want the public (or fans!) to know.

Of course, it's absolutely possible that they are only 'dear friends.' Great by me. More power to them! We all need dear friends.

Well said! ITA..

Eh, marriage might happen everyday, but some of us live and love quite contentedly without it. I don't wanna get married. Saw too many bad ones. Have a delightful long term relationship. And being pregnant is not necessarily a good reason for getting married.

Again, well said! Maybe Clay or Jaymes (or both) decided against marriage for their own personal reasons. Maybe they will get married in the future. Who knows? I don't think the lack of a marriage right now says anything about the romantic or platonic nature of their relationship.

I wonder if the holdout is Jaymes. Perhaps, on the practical side, she's collecting big alimony from her ex and doesn't want to lose that. Maybe she's giving Clay time to make sure of his feelings. Who knows, who cares? Clay is not a child, he's an adult and capable of making his own choices, and if Jaymes is the one he's chosen, good for him, she's a classy lady. If they are only the dearest of friends, so be it. They are the ones living it and at the very least, they have a beautiful, longed-for, planned-for, and well-loved baby between them. Marriage....pfft, it's only a piece of paper these days, not a guarantee, as many of us know. As far as I can see, they're as close as any couple can be right now and I hope that it lasts forever.

Friends, lovers, whatever...They are still a couple to me and I do believe that baby was conceived with a lot of love...and really that is what is important...that he be loved and cherished. I do have to wonder though why some are so dead set against Clay having any kind of relationship with Jaymes...I feel bad that the mother of his child is disliked so much.

You know it's funny, it's not the younger women who are finding this May-December relationship unacceptable, it's the older ones. Jealously maybe, who knows? Ironically, every male in my family who have seen pictures of Jaymes have been very impressed, and see nothing wrong with the relationship at all. In fact, it's elevated Clay in their eyes. The Foster family is very well respected here in Canada. Is it the fact that Jaymes is not American that is part of the problem? I sure hope not.

I would hope that his own fans, many of whom are not spring chickens themselves, would not be age prejudiced either.

Claymatron said:

Is it the fact that Jaymes is not American that is part of the problem? I sure hope not.

Oh, I sincerely doubt that. I think it is because Jaymes is older, or because some fantasies were smashed, or because she is not what some fans would have chosen for him (yuck!) or because of some weird feeling of ownership of Clay and his career, or jealousy or because this does not fit with some notions of what is right or normal for themselves.

Kinda like Yoko Ono, really! John could say and demonstrate that he loved Yoko every single day, and some still feel he was tricked and seduced and his career was ruined. I think it was just what he wanted to do, as a human being with a personal life. Yoko just didn't jibe with some FAN'S plans for John and the Beatles.

I would hope that his own fans, many of whom are not spring chickens themselves, would not be age prejudiced either.

Let me gently dash that hope against some pretty, sparkly rocks.

Can I just defend marriage for a bit? I know some have had bad marriages and there is no guarantee that a marriage is going to last, but I do think it still has merit...my husband and I will be married for 26 years in September and I cannot imagine my life anyway else. It has not been a bed of roses; we have many bad times along with the good; times when I seriously wondered if it was worth sticking it out; but we managed and now the kids are grown and we are enjoying having the freedom from babysitters, etc. and just being able to do things and go where we want without worrying about the kids.

My oldest daughter is getting married next month nut before she met her fiance she was in a three year relationship with another fella, they were living together. I have to tell you, I was not really happy about that living arrangement...I think she moved in with him for all the wrong reasons, mostly to move out of my house and she really believed that they would get married someday; I never saw any indication of that and it just felt to me like "playing house" with no real committment. So I was not surprised when they broke up and she moved out.

So, I am thrilled that she is now getting married; do I worry about it and whether it will last, sure I do...a wedding day is one day, but a marriage is a lifetime and once the wedding dress is put away and you get down to real business of being married, living together on a daily basis..it can be quite an adjustment. So, I pray for them everyday that the choice they have made is the right one.

And I am sure some are thinking if I am so big on marriage how I can be accepting of Clay and Jaymes bringing a child into the world without being married...I have thought about that for a long time because it does go against my core values, but the bigger issue to me is committment and responsiblity...and that is what I am seeing...two mature adults who made a decision to have a baby and have committed to raising that child together. Big difference between them and say Kevin and Britany...I have no respect for men who have children with one woman and then leave her to have children with another woman or JLo and Marc...sorry, but I cannot condone going after a married man or a married man leaving his wife and kids for another. So that is the difference I see between with Clay and Jaymes and the others. Some may call me a hypocrite and believe me, I have gone around and around on these trying to sort these feelings out.

Okay, I have rambled too much and need to get to work.

Kim

djs, I love your Yoko Ono comparison!

Marriage to me is just a piece of paper and a mess of legalities. Nothing more, nothing less. I think two people can be just as committed to each other without it. JMO of course.

aikim, I don't think anyone is denigrating marriage, all I see are people saying it is not for everybody or that it is not the be-all and end-all. As you say, look at Britney and Kevin.

Marriage is basically a contract, and in earlier times was merely a contract to ensure inheritance.

(I personally think the term "marriage" needs to be taken out of the law books and replaced with "civil contract" or "civil union", and let churches keep the "marriage" ceremony to do with as they wish.)

Anyway, no one is saying marriage is bad, and I am so happy that you have a good one, I am just saying marriage does not mean happiness. I was in a pretty bad marriage, so I would be very reluctant to get married again.

Clay's blog and press release or whatever tell me he is committed to Jaymes and Parker - what formalized shape that takes doesn't really interest me past mild curiosity. I cannot imagine why I would be judgemental about it!

you get down to real business of being married, living together on a daily basis..it can be quite an adjustment. So, I pray for them everyday that the choice they have made is the right one.
Whatever the relationship, it seems she has been with him on the tour bus and in Raleigh on an ongoing and regular basis for a couple of years now, so I believe they have had a chance to see how the "daily basis" thing is working.

Aikim, :F_05BL17blowkiss: no need to defend marriage to me. My DH and I just celebrated our 25th wedding anniversay in June, but before that I had two unhappy marriages. I was only pointing out that a marriage license doesn't guarantee happiness or longevity...but I still believe in it, otherwise, I would never have attempted a third.

I believe both Clay and Jaymes have a great deal of respect for it too. Jaymes was married for a long time and maybe she's still bruised from that. I don't know any details of the divorce. Who knows, maybe it had to do with her wanting a child and maybe her husband didn't want one badly enough to keep trying. No idea, it's all speculation. I just think these two have not entered this entire situation with their eyes closed. They know the details, we don't. I only wish them happiness...today and always. Their little one is healthy (to me that was the biggest concern) and he will be happy and loved, of that I have no doubt.

I don't know...I think its more realistic to be open to any possibility cos we really don't know anything. All we know is Clay and Jaymes had Parker and she gave birth in NC. We know they have a strong bond and that Clay considers her his dear friend.

Well said. That's going to be my official position on this -- open to any possibility and expectations for none other than great happiness.

And just FYI, while I found the word "kid" as initially used in your post to be dismissive and maybe even a bit disrespectful, I accepted your explanation for it's use, and moved on. However, I find your use of "kid child" to be even more disrespectful, since you seem to be doing it to further irritate the people who were already offended (otherwise, why keep doing it?) It's like a 6 year old saying "na na na na na".

Thanks for this comment. I too found it offensive. If you can't say child without the kid, why not just refer to him as "Parker".

It's not terribly important to me for Clay and Jaymes to be romantically involved. Makes no difference either way. I'm thrilled for both of them that they're dear friends. However, my hubby is my dearest friend in the world, and he is also my lover. So it's certainly possible that Clay and Jaymes are dear friends and lovers. For me it's not a matter of misconstruing Clay's words, but rather realizing that he could choose to keep certain aspects of his relationship with Jaymes secret if he wanted to do so. In fact, it probably is to his advantage to do so, if there is something he doesn't want the public (or fans!) to know.

Of course, it's absolutely possible that they are only 'dear friends.' Great by me. More power to them! We all need dear friends.

Well said! ITA..

Eh, marriage might happen everyday, but some of us live and love quite contentedly without it. I don't wanna get married. Saw too many bad ones. Have a delightful long term relationship. And being pregnant is not necessarily a good reason for getting married.

Again, well said! Maybe Clay or Jaymes (or both) decided against marriage for their own personal reasons. Maybe they will get married in the future. Who knows? I don't think the lack of a marriage right now says anything about the romantic or platonic nature of their relationship.

I wonder if the holdout is Jaymes. Perhaps, on the practical side, she's collecting big alimony from her ex and doesn't want to lose that. Maybe she's giving Clay time to make sure of his feelings. Who knows, who cares? Clay is not a child, he's an adult and capable of making his own choices, and if Jaymes is the one he's chosen, good for him, she's a classy lady. If they are only the dearest of friends, so be it. They are the ones living it and at the very least, they have a beautiful, longed-for, planned-for, and well-loved baby between them. Marriage....pfft, it's only a piece of paper these days, not a guarantee, as many of us know. As far as I can see, they're as close as any couple can be right now and I hope that it lasts forever.

You know it's funny, it's not the younger women who are finding this May-December relationship unacceptable, it's the older ones. Jealously maybe, who knows? Ironically, every male in my family who have seen pictures of Jaymes have been very impressed, and see nothing wrong with the relationship at all. In fact, it's elevated Clay in their eyes. The Foster family is very well respected here in Canada. Is it the fact that Jaymes is not American that is part of the problem? I sure hope not.

Just from personal experience, I had such a relationship that endured for over 15 years and there was no resistance from his friends and family, and tons from mine. Going in I had assumed it would be the opposite. Also, he was the one who pursued marriage and I wouldn't consider it. Marriage is just a piece of paper in the modern world and guarantees nothing. While I was living with one person, much younger than me, in a committed relationship for those 15 years we saw many friends meet-marry-divorce / meet-marry-divorce -- and it totally innoculated me to the real reasons people are committed to a loving relationship with each other, and marriage is not an essential in that process, not in my experience anyway. It's all love, baybeh!

What? Canadians ain't Americans? Why didn't somebody tell me? Whodathunkit? heh!

I really can't get my mind around the idea that somebody would be bothered that Jaymes is Canadian - Hell, the Mounties are Canadian! I saw it in Due South (man, I loved that show). I personally think Clay just likes the exoticness...that accent is hot! :cryingwlaughter:

I think marriage is like the little girl with the curl on her forehead - when it's good, it's very, very good; when it's bad, it's horrid!

It probably doesn't help that I am aware I would make most people a perfectly horrid spouse - not big on the compromise thing, real big on the running everything thing, and then can't stand men that I can totally run!

Well y'all have just proved whatever point I was trying to make last night. And no Claymatron - I am NOT jealous of Jaymes...believe it or not, and I think that was kind of a rude thing to imply. This isn't an age deal here. People DO have different opinions about this but unless someone is flat-out over the moon and shipping these two....there has to be some kind of ulterior motive for their opinion. Just like the NC thing. When did Clay spend months and potentially months in Los Angeles or Vancouver? I would hazard a guess he was in North Carolina more last year than any other state.

Whenever anyone comes in here and posts that maybe they are JUST dear friends as Clay has said, at least umpty-two people have to come in and post ...yes, but!

There are some who cannot abide the fact that maybe they are just friends who wanted to bring a child into the world. I'm not going to do as some and go back and pick my post or anybody's else's post apart with quotes and comments to make their point. Clay has said he wants to be married - he said it on Ryan Seacrest and he's said it at least one other time that I know of. Yes MARRIED!!!!! Not hiding or misleading or speaking in tongues and giving off secret messages.....married! But then he probably didn't know what he was saying at the time and has no doubt changed his mind or whatever else. (sarcasm there...)

And who knows how Jaymes' marraige ended. Maybe she hated the guy. Maybe she didn't want to have a baby with him. The speculation about all this is just beyond belief sometimes. How anyone could know how Jaymes feels about marraige is beyond me.

I'll be glad when Spamalot starts so there's really something to talk about. It's not enough to just be happy for Clay and his new little child - you have to slap someone who says "kid" instead of child or Parker and read meanings in to it. What the F difference does it make? He's a child/kid/baby/infant/kiddle/heir/adorable little Aiken, etc. Clay and Jaymes' friendship has to be sliced and diced ad nauseum and labels have to be put on it. Why can't it be "my dear friend" and leave it at that until you have factual evidence to something else. But instead, the fact that he didn't say "just" in his blog (which he probably wrote in 5 seconds and was too excited about being a new Daddy to ponder his words) has a whole meaning to it that implies whatever.

Let me say again - I am thrilled that Clay has a baby boy. I am totally thrilled that he's going back to Broadway and will reprise his role as Sir Robin. I think that's an awesome decision. I honestly don't care who he lives with while he's in NY and THAT is none of my business or anybody's else's business. People keep preaching his right to privacy - and this is an area that right should include.

I will be VERY surprised if we hear much about little Parker. Clay was sooo protective of Chamberlin's privacy - saying the little boy didn't ask to be a celebrity. I'm pretty positive he'll be even more protective of his own child. So I expect the speculation will continue to run rampant.

Well, I didn't post at all yesterday! Sooooooo.........in answer to the assertion that the IVF procedure must have been done in Durham, therefore that is the reason Jaymes gave birth in Durham - I always had the impression that the IVF process was, in a way, seperate, and the IVF doctor only took care of the actual fertilization and impregnation (or whatever!), and then when things seemed on the correct course, the person just goes to their regular obstetrician. So I googled a bit, and found this FAQ stuff from an IVF clinic in Orlando:

IVF FAQ

4. What happens if I become pregnant?

If pregnant, the patient will return to the office for repeat blood work and ultrasounds to ensure an ongoing successful pregnancy. After a fetal heartbeat has been confirmed, patients are referred to an obstetrician for the remainder of the pregnancy.

6. Will I need a high-risk obstetrician because I conceived with IVF?

A high-risk obstetrician is only needed when there are complications that put the mother or baby at increased risk, or in the case of multiple births. Other than a higher incidence of multiple births, IVF does not increase the risk to the fetus.

So I don't think Parker being born in Durham is necessarily merely because he was IVF'd there.

Heee......I must say I am pleasantly surprised that I haven't read expressions of horror that Jaymes gave birth in the backwards South, on a bed made of kudzu vines!

And word! to keepingfaith - I was in a relationship with a much younger guy for 9 years, and in the end, it was him that wanted to marry, not me. He is now happily married - to a woman my age.

Iseeme said:

People DO have different opinions about this but unless someone is flat-out over the moon and shipping these two....there has to be some kind of ulterior motive for their opinion.
I think this is just a natural extension, much like it seems that posters who don't feel like they are a couple seem compelled to question why others insist on hoping so, and wishing they would stop. I doubt that this particular bit of conversation is gonna go away, that is the nature of a fan board. I do understand that some boards have mods who forbid certain subjects, or certain opinions on subjects, according to their own preferences, but FCA does not seem to be one of them.

What? Canadians ain't Americans? Why didn't somebody tell me? Whodathunkit? heh!

I really can't get my mind around the idea that somebody would be bothered that Jaymes is Canadian - Hell, the Mounties are Canadian! I saw it in Due South (man, I loved that show). I personally think Clay just likes the exoticness...that accent is hot! :cryingwlaughter:

Accent? What accent?

It probably doesn't help that I am aware I would make most people a perfectly horrid spouse - not big on the compromise thing, real big on the running everything thing, and then can't stand men that I can totally run!

Good Lord, that sounds just like my daughter!

Iseeme, I was not talking about you, but I KNEW you'd assume I was. I guess after being invited to join this board, I'm not allowed an opinion. I've only posted a few times, but I guess that's enough. I'll just shut up now. Is it OK if I just lurk?

IMO- You'll see a different Clay this time around. I think, after a while, the little family will be out and about. They will certainly want little Parker to have a normal life. If fact, this may be why Clay was always so quiet about his dating life. Who knows?

Someone on another board mentioned that Clay will be starting Spamalot exactly six weeks after Parker's birth. I think Clay has his priorities straight.

When I think of a kid, I think of a billy goat or a rascal of a ten year old, not a tiny newborn baby.

ETA- I just want Clay to be happy, and that's the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

There are some who cannot abide the fact that maybe they are just friends who wanted to bring a child into the world.

Wow, Iseeme, you really must read with blinders on or something, because I haven't seen one single post that asserts this. Unless, of course, you are referring to posts you've read on other boards? Or are reading between the lines, or not taking people at their word. Seems kind of ironic, because that is what you seem to be accusing people of doing with Clay's blog. And the wheels on the bus go round and round....

Claymatron, the majority of us here at FCA don't bite. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I guess after being invited to join this board, I'm not allowed an opinion. I've only posted a few times, but I guess that's enough. I'll just shut up now. Is it OK if I just lurk?

Claymatron - NO ONE on this board is in charge of anything at all, except for the mods. Check out the mod list.

So please keep posting! All opinions are welcome, as long as the posters don't expect to be agreed with or control the other posters.

Yeah, I have not seen any "can't abide" posts concerning not having a relationship, here; I can't say the same for the opposite opinion!

Claymatron Please don't lurk, I enjoy your post.

Iseeme Every since this whole baby business became public, you seem to have a lot of anger about it and especially a lot anger to any one who suggests there might be a romantic relationship between Jayme and Clay. You have indicated some personal reasons for your reaction, but it seems to go deeper than that...I would like to understand your reaction, but I can understand when I don't have a reason for that reaction.

Kim

Claymatron, you people north of Texas are so cute! What accent indeed!

Here's a little something I found helpful the last time I went to Canada (I wanted to blend in with the natives):

How to Talk With a Canadian Accent

By eHow Culture & Society Editor

Though half the country speaks English as its native language and are dwellers of the North American continent like Americans, a Canadian accent is instantly recognizable and often imitated. Most Canadians don't even think they have accents, but anyone who's been to a hockey game would disagree. Here are some tips to help you learn to talk with a Canadian accent.

Step 1: Accentuate your vowels. Canadians draw out the vowel sounds in words and emphasize them more than Americans do. Remember to speak slower than you usually do and say your vowel sounds as though there were two or three of the given vowel in a word instead of just one. Rounding your "o" and flattening your "a" will help you sound just like a Canadian native.

Step 2: Learn the slang. Another way to sound Canadian is to use the same slang that they do. Using words like "hoser" and "zed" will make you sound authentically Canadian, even if no one is quite sure what you're actually talking about. There are online slang dictionaries that will help you find some Canadian slang to work into your vocabulary.

Step 3: End sentences with, "eh?" whenever possible. Canadians end a lot of their sentences with the confirming, "eh?" like Americans ask, "right?" or "you know?" at the end of sentences to make sure they are understood clearly or to verify that the other party agrees. This is one of the most recognizable Canadian expressions so be sure to use it whenever you can.

Step 4: Be polite. If the Canadians are known for anything other than their great goaltending, it's their politeness. So when talking like a Canadian, remember to be courteous, cheerful and polite. Be helpful whenever you can and try to sound completely approachable. It may not be a direct component of the accent itself, but being polite will help you seem more Canadian overall.

Hoooooser, eh? I'm not really sure who zed is...

Ask Clay, that's HAWT!

And I STILL say that whatever fertility measures were taken were probably done in North Carolina where Clay spends most of his time when he's not on tour (or in Spamalot!) IVF can take a long time to be successful. Why would Jaymes go somewhere else then to have the baby? Seems to me she would stay with the doctors (assuming my theory has any merit) that helped her to conceive - you know, continuity and all that!

I see djs111 beat me to this one. IVF and delivering babies are entirely different branches of medicine.

You know it's funny, it's not the younger women who are finding this May-December relationship unacceptable, it's the older ones.

Totally inaccurate statement, sorry. I've seen younger women freaking out about it on several boards, and I haven't seen any pattern in either direction.

I'll just shut up now. Is it OK if I just lurk?

Please don't!!

Fact is that unless Clay and Jaymes decide to give us a lot of details, we may never know. Even if they do, all we'll know is what they want us to know. Speculating about this is no more effective a way of determining the truth than speculating about his orientation is. Likewise their living arrangments on a day-to-day business are not something Clay is obligated to share with us. It's silly to make assumptions about their relationship or their daily lives based on what we know, because we know so little. It's even sillier to argue with each other about what they are. All we know about this latest period is that Clay, Jerome, and Faye picked up Jaymes and Parker from the hospital in Durham. Plus the statement from Clay in his blog. The end.