#39: "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• New car...See Clay in Spamalot...New car...See Clay in Spamalot..
    • Clay makes spending money on him so enjoyably easy ... and irresistible.
    • I am still here and I still adore this man and have no idea why.
    • Clickables and lickables!!!!!!!!! Life is good again.
    • He's this wonderful mystery. With a great package.
    • WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    • With Clay Aiken we've already won the Lotto!
    • Never boring. Always expensive. And worth every cent!
    • He simply makes me smile when I see him.
    • Its not that I don't have a life, its just that these Clay things are so much damn fun!

I hate all the miserable whining complaining bitches who try to make everyone as negative as they are.

Piss on them.

I'm going to NY and NO ONE is raining on my parade.

SPAMALOTl!!!!!

I'm so frigging excited!!!!

Clay and the Popover Cafe!!! OMG, I can't wait!

I hate all the miserable whining complaining bitches who try to make everyone as negative as they are.

Piss on them.

I'm going to NY and NO ONE is raining on my parade.

wanda why don't you tell us how you really feel? :lmaosmiley-1:

Couchie, about babies flying - I took my son directly from the hospital to the airport. He was two weeks and weighed 5lbs. He was only 4 1/2lbs when born so had been in an isolette for that time. I had been med evaced and was anxious to get home! His first international flight was at 3 mos.This was a long time ago, so recommendations may be different now!

I think there was probably some initial disappointment that he won't be doing a pop tour. Hopefully, they'll come around.

I don't know if I can afford to do NY again, but I'm looking forward to the reports and the pictures. Jan-May of 2008 was awesome. If they do push a second single, Sep-Jan could be even better.

What little we know already speaks volumes: place of birth, name etc.

Not sure what volumes its speaking to you. To me it says - the kid baby is Clay's, and he probably wanted him born as far away from prying eyes as possible and let's face it, less paparazzi in Raleigh than LA! I just thought maybe Jaymes' family would like to meet their nephew. I am sure Clay can manage being away from the kid baby for a little while. Maybe not right now, but I didn't say now. I said sometime during his run in Spamalot! I didn't say forever. I said for awhile.

Who knows what arrangements they have made. They may be playing the whole thing by ear! But I think if they are just friends - which again I believe because Clay told me so and I don't read between the lines or need a super seekrit decoder ring to try and figure out what he actually means instead of what he says - but if they are just friends they each have lives and jobs and homes and they are all across the country from the other. I feel sure that kid child will be a veteran traveller before his first birthday!

I think I am overdosing on all this schmoopieness! FOR ME (not infering there is another living soul who feels this way - but I bet I am not alone...) its taking away the fun and levity from this fandom!!!

Can't we insert a bit of smut to temper it a bit???? Please??????

And are people really complaining about Spamalot Redux??? Why?? I mean, most of you think I complain about everything, but what's there to complain about with Spamalot??

Except maybe the return of the too blonde, stick straight hair and waaaay too much eyeliner?? :P

And the press about it has been tremendous. It's all good to me.

You're right, Couchie, the press has been unbelievable all of a sudden. I was watching 360 on CNN tonight and it was in the news crawl, even including the dates September 19 to January 4. I think my jaw dropped.

ETA: Just saw that the Carrie Underwood comment "Tony Romo Still Calling Me,” is from an interview in Allure magazine's September issue.

Awww to me the baby ADDS fun and levity. I'm still giggling over Chappel Hill. Guess that wouldn't have worked for a boy name :cryingwlaughter: Time will tell on the rest. Playing by ear doesn't seem like Clay to me on something so important. But like you said, who really knows. I'm sure Clay will let Parker out of his sight ... eventually.

You're right ..does seem like a switch was just turned. I love it.

Neither one of them have had a child before. They might have had plans to cart him around the country or plans for one of them to have him for an extended period of time. That's all well and good in theory. Once that baby is born and you fell that overwhelming love, it's not so easy to let them out of your sight.

Oh the fact that the baby was born in NC was a surprise to me and really made me go hmmm...

I think the argument that it will be better in NC away from the paparazzi really does not cut it with me cos...well wouldn't Vancouver better for that? Why NC when everybody knows Clay is there and would be an easy target...

I actually think returning to Spamalot may be more desirable now because there is more stability for him and his family...EEEEEEEE his family...that has a nice ring to it...

I really think a lot of people's priorities change once the baby is born and there is a stronger need to just nest. I know I have two very career minded friends that gladly became stay at home moms when they had babies.

Couchie, it looks like most people are happy about Spamalot but the ones who are complaining are just doing it over and over again to try to make everyone else as miserable as they are.

I also think it was pretty revealing that Jaymes had the baby in NC. I don't usually do the whole shipping thing although sometimes its fun to read, but there are a lot of little things that steer me towards believing that they may actually be a couple. One of them is how he keeps bringing up how ALAWH brought him and Jaymes together. Maybe he really is that appreciative of her as an executive producer but on the other hand, I've never heard him say how glad he is for AI for bringing him and Quiana or Jerome together. The references to her being a friend don't make me think that he is only saying that. What's he going to call her? If, God willing, I ever find a decent man that I want to keep around, I sure aint gong to be introducing him as my lover or boyfriend. I'm not 12 so boyfriend hardly seems appropriate. With that being said, it wouldn't make a difference to me what his relationship with Jaymes is, as long as he's happy, that's good enough for me.

saltwaterdog, from what I was reading on other boards, Parker will have dual citizenship. Can't help you with the bedbug question though.

Clay has said they are close friends, best friends, and dear friends. But I've never heard him say it with the qualifiers just or only. I think Clay wants to be vague whatever the nature of their relationship, and it is officially a relationship now that they've brought a child into the world. I still like the article that began with, Clay Aiken has a lot to sing about these days. I feel the same way. And I'm so glad he's happy that I'm feeling the old Cream vibe, I'm so glad, I'm so glad, I'm glad I'm glad I'm glad.

Although I'm sure there are the usual suspects somewhere bemoaning this return to Broadway for Clay---saying that it's the end of his singing career, etc.---I can't help but think how wonderful this must be for him. He really impressed people---the 'right' people---with his initial theater adventure and so they LOGICALLY bring him back. He finishes a CD that he's proud of and that his fans love. He involves himself with UNICEF in Somalia. He becomes a father and everyone is healthy and happy.

And now. Now he can return to something he KNOWS---he OWNS the role of Sir Robin---be in one place for the crucial first months of his son's life and be just a very quick plane ride from his real home in Raleigh. I can't imagine that Jaymes and Parker won't be in New York with him while he's there. How exciting it will be for him to be 'working' on stage, knowing that he has that baby waiting for him when he's finished with his bows. Bet he'll be showing Parker off to the cast and crew, fo' sho! I'm so happy for this man.

I also think that more promo for the CD will be entwined with this new publicity push for him. I love that all these things develop and we get to eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! over them. So all the people who were angsting over Clay 'not doing anything for a whole summer and jeopardizing his career'....

:whistling-1:

:word: :word: :word:

Been so busy lately that I'm barely able to keep up with all of you talkative FCAers! I hope everyone is well.

I, too, think that we may not know the exact nature of Clay's relationship with Jaymes. Nor do I think we're entitled to know. "Dear Friend" could mean any number of things - a good friend, a lover, a confidante, the mother of a child, etc. etc. Who knows? It's Clay's prerogative to keep some things private. I'm just happy to know that he has such a great friend, and that he has a baby. It's making him happy, and that thrills me.

You know, if Clay were predictble, he would be boring.

I love that I don't really know shit about him. He's this wonderful mystery.

With a great package.

Hee- I only lost $1.80 at poker tonite. But I'm not ready for the World Tour yet.

I'm not sure why it's so important to everybody - or seemingly everybody - that Clay and Jaymes be romantically involved. Why can't they be just dear friends like he said? Maybe there wasn't a hidden message in that but just simply that they're good friends. It happens. I've never shipped the two of them - don't even want to think about it to be honest. But everywhere you read these days the speculation is running rampant that again - Clay said one thing but MUST have meant 1000 other different things. You'd think the man speaks in tongues because he sure isn't taken at his word!

And I STILL say that whatever fertility measures were taken were probably done in North Carolina where Clay spends most of his time when he's not on tour (or in Spamalot!) IVF can take a long time to be successful. Why would Jaymes go somewhere else then to have the baby? Seems to me she would stay with the doctors (assuming my theory has any merit) that helped her to conceive - you know, continuity and all that! NC is a haven for Clay and he probably has the most freedom to move around there - NOT in Los Angeles, that's for sure! So I guess I'm also in the camp that doesn't see anything mystical or romantic about Parker being born in NC. Seems to me like it was a logical conclusion....again, assuming my theory has merit.

Probably I'm being too realistic and not schmoopie enough.

For what it's worth - I loved seeing pictures of Clay carrying Parker. I love that he's so happy about it and grinning from ear to ear. It's obviously something he wanted to do. But the romantic aspect is just getting blown out of proportion in my opinion . I think only time will tell what the future holds for Clay, Jaymes and little Parker. But I do have to give major kudos to the imaginations that are running wild.

Well anything I said tonight has nothing to do with them being romantically linked. It has to do with them being in the same vicinity so that Clay can be a full time daddy. They can live in the same country, town, HOUSE, and not be romantically linked. Like I said, I'm shipping Clay and Parker. I just don't think they decided to do this together and live far apart...depsite the fact that he can get to them in a few hours. Again, I don't know their arrangement - there's a thousand different ways they can do this.

People are all over the spectrum. You don't have to be schmoopie. I know I'm being schmoopie but it's for my new favorite couple, Clay and Parker. I smile just thinking about them. And baby vp was in the office most of the day..and seeing that precious newborn and her chicken legs ain't helping things. hee

Wandacleo..don't make me come down there heee. Clarker? eeek :cryingwlaughter: I won't admit out loud that I said that to myself earlier :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

I'm right there with you, Couchie.

I'm so schmoopie over Clay and Parker (Clarker?)! I can't imagine Clay letting this little sweet thing out of his sight.

saltwaterdog, from what I was reading on other boards, Parker will have dual citizenship. Can't help you with the bedbug question though.

Thanks, justclay.

Whatever the relationship I love the body language in the banner picture. Genuine affection. My DH is convinced they have more than a friendship. I could go either way, or never know. I'm snoopy - it would be interesting to know - but I certainly respect their right to privacy. For me, it's sorta like my neighbors. We live in an area with quite a few seasonal residence (lots of outdoor recreation here). It would be interesting to know their "other lives", but I enjoy them while they're here.

I think Spamalot is a brilliant career move. Let's Clay work in one place with very reasonable hours. The media is friendly, for the most part, so it should help promote the CD and hopefully an eventual tour. It's something he knows so he doesn't have to take time away from Parker to rehearse. He seems to have worked out a wonderful balance between his professional and private life this entire year - well, at least what we can know of his private life. We should all be so lucky!

I'm not sure why it's so important to everybody - or seemingly everybody - that Clay and Jaymes be romantically involved. Why can't they be just dear friends like he said? Maybe there wasn't a hidden message in that but just simply that they're good friends. It happens. I've never shipped the two of them - don't even want to think about it to be honest. But everywhere you read these days the speculation is running rampant that again - Clay said one thing but MUST have meant 1000 other different things. You'd think the man speaks in tongues because he sure isn't taken at his word!

It's not terribly important to me for Clay and Jaymes to be romantically involved. Makes no difference either way. I'm thrilled for both of them that they're dear friends. However, my hubby is my dearest friend in the world, and he is also my lover. So it's certainly possible that Clay and Jaymes are dear friends and lovers. For me it's not a matter of misconstruing Clay's words, but rather realizing that he could choose to keep certain aspects of his relationship with Jaymes secret if he wanted to do so. In fact, it probably is to his advantage to do so, if there is something he doesn't want the public (or fans!) to know.

Of course, it's absolutely possible that they are only 'dear friends.' Great by me. More power to them! We all need dear friends.

My personal opinion, and the opinion I've had for quite some time is - IF they were lovers and they conceived a baby together I honestly think Clay would be marred to Jaymes. Gibby - you're married to your best friend and lover....different situation as far as we know . I just believe that his many, many comments about wanting to be married and have a family were not pie-in-the-sky to him. And I don't think Clay's basic values and beliefs have changed. Maybe they are married - but then why keep that secret. That makes absolutely NO sense to me and would not, under any circumstances, be an invasion of his privacy to know the man is married! Marraige is a fact of life. Marraiges happen day in and day out in the celebrity world and outside of it. Would it hurt his career to be married? I don't think so. I would be very happy for him and I think most of his fans would be very happy for him. I see no reason on earth why he would say they are dear friends if, in fact, they are married! What would be the point? Why hide it. Celebrities can't hide every aspect of their private lives - that is neither realistic nor necessary IMO. He said he didn't speak about Parker before he was born because he didn't want to tempt fate. Okay. But what would be the excuse for hiding a marraige?

I'm thrilled he's going back to Spamalot. It's a perfect gig for him to finish out the year. He's so awesome in that role and so respected for his talent and ability. What will be interesting is if he ever does tour OMWH or just moves on. It's such a beautiful CD, well-crafted, well delivered - it would be a shame if we never get the opportunity to hear him sing those songs "live!"

I have no clue where any of them will live. I also spoke to this early on about the fact that there will be traveling and tours and Jaymes' work etc. etc. and quite a few people brought up the fact that celebrities live away from home, don't see their kids every day, don't tuck their children in bed every night, and there was nothing wrong with that. So I don't think Clay will be with Parker every single day. And I imagine Parker will be a frequent flyer - as will his parents.

I'm schmoopie about Clarker as well - but not ready to let my imagination run amok about the rest of it. Sorry. I'm in "wait and see" mode.

Soooooooooooooo.... why am I still up. Oh yeah. working cuz somebody wants to go back to NYC.

The first bank of Clay...when will he start taking deposits.

I think everyone is doing what you just did iseeme..speculating. I think the one thing all of us will agree on is that nobody knows anything. I'm not looking that far ahead... in January when Clay wraps up Spam, Parker will only be 5 months old. Maybe he will have wracked up a few free plane tickets by then or maybe with his dad in one city for 4 straight months he will still be working on his first 10,000 miles. I don't think they will all be joined at the hip forever. However, I wouldn't be shocked to learn that Parker played some part in Clay not being in South Dakota on Tuesday and Ohio on Wednesday and Illinois on Thursday during his first few months. But having said that, I just don't see how one opinion over the other takes more or less imagination. It's all just spec.

I don't think Clay and Jaymes are married but I also don't know the nature of their deep friendship either. Honestly? I don't really care all that much. But discussion and spec is inevitable. Just like it was through the whole IIT phase..and lookie... it's 4 am in NC and ITOTBT (it turned out to be true) is probaby screaming his head off right now even if it did seem silly to speculate. I know I felt foolish when that I went back and forth so much.

Isn't it nice to know that at 1 am they are finally going to show the rest of the gymnastic coverage without commercial interruption. Wonder why? Maybe because America is asleep?

ETA: Lol..so true KAndre re: that bus thang.

Eh, marriage might happen everyday, but some of us live and love quite contentedly without it. I don't wanna get married. Saw too many bad ones. Have a delightful long term relationship. And being pregnant is not necessarily a good reason for getting married.

I think Clay will do whatever works for Clay and Jaymes and Parker. I admit, Clay strikes me as one of those who likes family and friends as close as possible whenever possible...I don't think he'll be any different with Parker and Jaymes. Hell, he's already dragged Jaymes around on the damn bus with him.

No schmoopie left for me...but then I only have a very limited amount to begin with.

And insomnia is kicking my butt....

There is no genuine realistic logic to be applied to the situation; Clay is not in The Truman Show. We don't know what is going on, we just see and interpret glimpses of things to suit ourselves. I don't even bother wondering any more why some are negative or insist that Clay will treat Parker and Jaymes like long-distance acquaintences. Whatever.

As far as travelling goes, Clay and Jaymes can afford to casually fly anywhere they want, any time they want, on a whim. I have flown to Japan, Holland, and Denmark just to attend a meeting or give a class; my boyfriend at that time had accumulated over a million miles just flying around the country for Hewlett Packard. No biggie, no need for much advance planning, either. A lot of the time there was not even an overnight stay.

A friend of mine had been dating a very wealthy man (he had invented something). She told me that the amazing thing about going on vacation with him was that rich and/or famous people don't really make plans. There is always a private jet, a yacht, a friend's resort or vacation home, a friend's restaurant. Just a phone call away, and mostly no money changes hands. And celebrities got free rides, under the radar, most of the time. Heh, and I was almost Jaymes' age when I was travelling overseas a lot, and I never got jet lag. I know some people do get jet lagged, but some people don't.

I can remember that we heard Clay and Ruben appeared at a private function in Australia or somewhere like that, shortly after AI was over - and some were astounded that we didn't know about it. I would bet there is a LOT we would be astounded about - and some of us are just having fun here, playing with what we have. Human condition. Having fun, not studying the few words we get like sacrificial chicken innards or sheep entrails.

Not apologising or cutting back on fun, that's ridiculous.

And I don't think Clay's basic values and beliefs have changed.
Well, for one thing, I sincerely doubt we really really know what those are. We just know what he said at one point in time. And I don't think being with Jaymes in any capacity goes against Clay's "values" or "beliefs". He seems to be all about love when it comes to what he seems to consider family.

I have no sympathy for these people either. All their negative whining drives me nuts......they should start their own message board so they can all enjoy being miserable together.

Heh, I'm pretty sure they already have, but they just enjoy bringing their scintillating thoughts to the main boards to cause a stir. :huh:

Not sure what volumes its speaking to you. To me it says - the kid baby is Clay's, and he probably wanted him born as far away from prying eyes as possible and let's face it, less paparazzi in Raleigh than LA! I just thought maybe Jaymes' family would like to meet their nephew. I am sure Clay can manage being away from the kid baby for a little while. Maybe not right now, but I didn't say now. I said sometime during his run in Spamalot! I didn't say forever. I said for awhile.

Who knows what arrangements they have made. They may be playing the whole thing by ear! But I think if they are just friends - which again I believe because Clay told me so and I don't read between the lines or need a super seekrit decoder ring to try and figure out what he actually means instead of what he says - but if they are just friends they each have lives and jobs and homes and they are all across the country from the other. I feel sure that kid child will be a veteran traveller before his first birthday!

I think I am overdosing on all this schmoopieness! FOR ME (not infering there is another living soul who feels this way - but I bet I am not alone...) its taking away the fun and levity from this fandom!!!

Sorry, schmoopieness abounds for me! And will probably continue to do so for quite a while. Never been into the more smutty side of the boards much anyways (although I do love me some quality fanfic). I'm also one who thinks that there is a fair bit of significance attached to the baby being named "Aiken" with no hyphens, and being born in NC. I also don't understand why some people continue to speak of LA as Jaymes' home town, when we know that she is from Vancouver. I'm sure she has a home or apartment in LA but her family would be in Canada, right? So to me, the logical choices for the baby's birth were NC or BC. Neither is big on paparazzi.

And just FYI, while I found the word "kid" as initially used in your post to be dismissive and maybe even a bit disrespectful, I accepted your explanation for it's use, and moved on. However, I find your use of "kid child" to be even more disrespectful, since you seem to be doing it to further irritate the people who were already offended (otherwise, why keep doing it?) It's like a 6 year old saying "na na na na na".

He's this wonderful mystery.

With a great package.

Thread title? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

It's not terribly important to me for Clay and Jaymes to be romantically involved. Makes no difference either way. I'm thrilled for both of them that they're dear friends. However, my hubby is my dearest friend in the world, and he is also my lover. So it's certainly possible that Clay and Jaymes are dear friends and lovers. For me it's not a matter of misconstruing Clay's words, but rather realizing that he could choose to keep certain aspects of his relationship with Jaymes secret if he wanted to do so. In fact, it probably is to his advantage to do so, if there is something he doesn't want the public (or fans!) to know.

Of course, it's absolutely possible that they are only 'dear friends.' Great by me. More power to them! We all need dear friends.

Well said! ITA.

Eh, marriage might happen everyday, but some of us live and love quite contentedly without it. I don't wanna get married. Saw too many bad ones. Have a delightful long term relationship. And being pregnant is not necessarily a good reason for getting married.

Again, well said! Maybe Clay or Jaymes (or both) decided against marriage for their own personal reasons. Maybe they will get married in the future. Who knows? I don't think the lack of a marriage right now says anything about the romantic or platonic nature of their relationship.