#39: "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• New car...See Clay in Spamalot...New car...See Clay in Spamalot..
    • Clay makes spending money on him so enjoyably easy ... and irresistible.
    • I am still here and I still adore this man and have no idea why.
    • Clickables and lickables!!!!!!!!! Life is good again.
    • He's this wonderful mystery. With a great package.
    • WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    • With Clay Aiken we've already won the Lotto!
    • Never boring. Always expensive. And worth every cent!
    • He simply makes me smile when I see him.
    • Its not that I don't have a life, its just that these Clay things are so much damn fun!

For what it's worth:

My 13-year-old daughter knows only that Clay is now a daddy and that the mother is a woman he's known for years and who produced his cds. She has no opinion--or rather, we haven't discussed it other than to give the facts.

My 17-year-old daughter goes 'ewwwwww' and has said, "It's just weird. Too weird." She knows how the baby was conceived and I've told her that to date Clay's only called her his 'dear friend'. She is definitely in the camp that believes this newest development seals the deal re: Clay's sexual orientation.

My husband just says, "I don't get it. Are they a couple? It's really odd to me if they aren't."

And I say...

I don't know jackshit. Except what Clay tells me. And since he's ONLY telling me she's his 'dear, best friend', etc., BUT is having a child with her, choosing to spend much of his time with her (in the studio, on tours across the country for the past four years, with his family during holidays at his Raleigh home, on vacations with his extended family at the beach, when he visits So. Cal. and British Columbia, when he's on Broadway, and most likely soon in NYC in his pad there....

I end this rambling tome with this erudite summary:

Whatever.

Well, now I understand why I havent put down in words just how I look at this!.. Its

because I agree with all 4 of you at the same time. How can that be? Especially the part

about knowing jackshit. Yes, and happy, happy, happy all the same.

Starting with his mad-talent as a voice and personna I love, I happen to cherish Clay's

uniqueness above all his other personal qualities.. and I try to embrace it because he is

always a suprise and always a mystery. I LOVE that he keeps himself unknowable yet

interesting. THIS is what has kept me a devoted fan. I want to read and speculate [usually

privately]--BUT I never want to know it all.

Welcome Parker Foster Aiken, I am so pleased that you are here safe and healthy and making

Clay one happy man. That is the only non-mystery to my heart, and it is what I have wished

for Clay for many years now. I believe that becoming a father is what he has always wanted

and further, the only thing he felt was missing from his life {\end speculation}. He is

such a smart guy-- he has now found a way to achieve that fullness. God speed Clay and

Jaymes and Parker for doing it your own unique way.

I do believe that being on stage-- be it a tour stage or a Broadway stage or a TV stage is

what he was born to do and as a fan of all his myrid unique projects from the JBT to

Spamalot I celebrate being a fan because I feel that with a full heart now, Clay will be an

even greater entertainer, and share his inner joy with all of us from the stage he was born

for. And that's ALL GOOD!

PS I am thrilled beyond belief that Clay is returning to Spamalot since even though I live 4 miles from the Shubert Theater, personal financial reasons kept me from seeing him the first time around. As of my birthday, Aug 16th- I am now eligible for my State pension, and I will be there, A Spamalot Virgin.

So Hurah for second chances as it broke my heart thinking I missed it. I hope I can join some of you this time around!

So ends my first post with any major content.

Love to all who post here. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Beautiful post, TimetravelerPax!! I'm so happy that you're going to get to see Spamalot this time!!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

17.gif

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

I think we're really all just having discussion. Parker is part of Clay's life now...he will be discussed from here on out. There is no way on earth I'm trying to evangelize you CG or convince you to enjoy the discussion like I do. Clay will soon be back on Spam and that is already a huge part of the discussions but Clay just had a baby -- I just don't see that discussion going away soon or us coming to one big consenus. I don't mind hearing anyone's ideas but I have a mind of my own and it doesn't get changed because someone else posts something opposite. Some people scroll when the smut starts rolling. Some people scroll when we talk about personal things. Some people scroll when we start talking about his looks or hair or clothes. Some people scroll long skits. That's just the way it is. I think you will probably have to get used to the fact that when Clay and Jaymes had Parker, it also changed Clay Aiken fan boards forever. I don't think he will forever dominate talk but it's new and fresh and when everyone gets tired of talking about it..the discussion will move on... for awhile... but it will now forever roll back around. I'd be shocked if it didn't.

I have mixed emotions about Clay and Jaymes..... not that it makes any difference to them or anyone else........ just to me.

I am from another era. My husband and I have been married 52 years...... stuck it out thru the bad times and here we are. ..... :yow:

Yeah, I was a child bride :D ......... and I had my first child at 19. We may have started out our life together in lust, but we were lucky, as we discovered we were also friends.

Even though I am from the era of marriages and stay-at-home moms, I don’t necessarily think that way. I envy the “acceptable” choices that women have today and often wonder what I would be like if I was a product of today’s society. Not that I approve of all that goes on today....... OK, that is a whole other discussion....... getting sidetracked.

My point is....... friendship and trust are important in a marriage.

Right now, I see a woman IN love and a man that loves his friend. ... and 2 people who trust and like each other.

I will not deny that I have struggled with my feelings about Clay more than once. ..... having Parker with Jaymes has been the biggie. I have choices.... I don’t have to remain a fan, but my choice is and has been to stick around and enjoy this man. He is so addictive, so talented, so much fun to watch....... not to mention the voice and I don’t want to miss out on the next chapter of his life. :wub:

Clay will lose and has lost fans over this and other things that he has done. I understand.... we are all different...... and that is good too. He will also gain new fans as he goes along. He has so much talent, how can he not!!!

I am still here and I still adore this man and have no idea why.

:kiss:

---------------

ETA: Re marriage...... Clay talked about the type of woman he would like for a wife, and about marriage in the first few years, but fans have noted that Clay has not mentioned marriage in the last year or so, but has continued to talk about wanting to be a father.

My only hope is he's getting it from someone because it would be such a waste if he's not.

wanda... as those familiar with me from the beginning of this bizarro ride as a Clay Aiken lust-obsessed fan know, this is what I've been saying this for YEARS :cryingwlaughter:

Speaking of which.... :whistling-1:

PM5C.gif

Since none of us know shit about what really goes on in Clay's life and loves, I think it's perfectly fine to think he's married, not married, in love, not in love, has a traveling baby, has an at-home baby.....whatever....as long as it's just speculation and not laying judgement on his head or insisting on a point of view.

I don't know one single thing about the private man.

My only hope is he's getting it from someone because it would be such a waste if he's not.

wandacleo, you have such a gift for getting to the heart of a matter. And I am so with you on that last line.

And muski, you always manage to bring the smut. Thank God for you both. Now where can I get a bigger version of that gif?

Hey! Wait a minute! I don't know about this "Tarranna" place y'all are talking about, but I went to Toronto sans Clay last year - where the hell were y'all, and why weren't you entertaining moi and showing me where the actually edible 'poutine' is?!?!?

Heh, that was your first mistake. You shoulda went to Quebec if you wanted the edible poutine!

You said it! Never, ever order anything from the chippie wagons in TO, not even if they're right opposite City Hall. That stuff is "heart attack on a plate" material! ;)

Kandre - you were on John Street? and went to Cora's for breakfast? I work at King and John (for the City of TO) and the aforesaid Cora's is right around the corner! You've got a tour guide waiting, whenever come back. :)

Oh yuck, look what landed on my desk...

:officework:

TimetravelerPax quote:

------------------------

Well, now I understand why I havent put down in words just how I look at this!.. Its

because I agree with all 4 of you at the same time. How can that be? Especially the part

about knowing jackshit. Yes, and happy, happy, happy all the same.

Starting with his mad-talent as a voice and personna I love, I happen to cherish Clay's

uniqueness above all his other personal qualities.. and I try to embrace it because he is

always a suprise and always a mystery. I LOVE that he keeps himself unknowable yet

interesting. THIS is what has kept me a devoted fan. I want to read and speculate [usually

privately]--BUT I never want to know it all.

Welcome Parker Foster Aiken, I am so pleased that you are here safe and healthy and making

Clay one happy man. That is the only non-mystery to my heart, and it is what I have wished

for Clay for many years now. I believe that becoming a father is what he has always wanted

and further, the only thing he felt was missing from his life {\end speculation}. He is

such a smart guy-- he has now found a way to achieve that fullness. God speed Clay and

Jaymes and Parker for doing it your own unique way.

I do believe that being on stage-- be it a tour stage or a Broadway stage or a TV stage is

what he was born to do and as a fan of all his myrid unique projects from the JBT to

Spamalot I celebrate being a fan because I feel that with a full heart now, Clay will be an

even greater entertainer, and share his inner joy with all of us from the stage he was born

for. And that's ALL GOOD!

PS I am thrilled beyond belief that Clay is returning to Spamalot since even though I live 4 miles from the Shubert Theater, personal financial reasons kept me from seeing him the first time around. As of my birthday, Aug 16th- I am now eligible for my State pension, and I will be there, A Spamalot Virgin.

So Hurah for second chances as it broke my heart thinking I missed it. I hope I can join some of you this time around!

So ends my first post with any major content.

Love to all who post here.

Word!!!

Now where can I get a bigger version of that gif?

Hmmm...I don't know, justclay12...but seeing it again made me want to see it

again...and again....and again.... :sleezy:

so I made it my avie...

again.

heh...

and gah. :Thud:

What? Canadians ain't Americans?

It probably doesn't help that I am aware I would make most people a perfectly horrid spouse - not big on the compromise thing, real big on the running everything thing, and then can't stand men that I can totally run!

KAndre, You needs someone who cheerfully agrees with everything, does absolutely nothing, then asks for something different, though never anything completely unreasonable (like driving for more than 2 hours to find a parking space just to ride a historic rollercoaster) -- perhaps a cute concubine who constantly tries to top from the bottom?

See, we're MFEO! Is that why we're travelling together in a week's time? Yikes, it really is next week!

Well, MFEO except for one teensy detail... I just realized that we have a pattern here. Everytime I travel with you I end up landing in the wrong airport!!! Next year, next year we're going by sea! (And next week, if they announce that we're landing at Changi Airport as I'm sleepily waking up, I.will.throw.a.tantrum!)

ETA: 'member that annual review at work that you had last week? The difference between the US and Canada, is that over there you would have access to everything that anyone's every written about you that was used in that report. No wonder people want me to be the one to write "knowledgeable others' references" for them.

I will not deny that I have struggled with my feelings about Clay more than once. ..... having Parker with Jaymes has been the biggie. I have choices.... I don’t have to remain a fan, but my choice is and has been to stick around and enjoy this man. He is so addictive, so talented, so much fun to watch....... not to mention the voice and I don’t want to miss out on the next chapter of his life. :wub:

Good for you that you can choose the man's talent, voice, and the fun over any problems you may have with what he does in his personal life. I hope other fans who are struggling with this can do the same.

TimetravelerPax, it's so awesome that you will be able to attend Spam this time around! Wheeeee, will we get to read your virgin reports?

djs, I love your Yoko Ono comparison!

Marriage to me is just a piece of paper and a mess of legalities. Nothing more, nothing less. I think two people can be just as committed to each other without it. JMO of course.

Love the Yoko and John comparison too. John's marriage to Yoko didn't bother me, but Paul's to Linda dashed all my hopes of snagging my first love. I always thought, "..If he'd only met me first..." LOL But I got over that and found my own "Paul" :D

I have often wondered if Clay and Jaymes may have done their own private commitment "ceremony," like in the presence of a few well-lit candles and incense.

With all the driving I've done in the past couple days (over 200 miles!) I've listened to OMWH several times back to back. And when it gets to "Something About Us" it all just fits.

So call me schmoopie!!! :D

Clay will lose and has lost fans over this and other things that he has done. I understand.... we are all different...... and that is good too. He will also gain new fans as he goes along. He has so much talent, how can he not!!!

I am still here and I still adore this man and have no idea why.

Thanks for your wonderful post, ToldForThis!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Cora's has some good stuff, y'all! But the line was crazy! But it was worth it. And you know I will call when I'm in Canada again - I really do that sort of random traveling thing and just show up...

Scarlett, I love ya, but you know we gotta have that open relationship thingie because you are missing some of what I tend to consider vital parts - otherwise you're princessy perfect in every way - you make me seem reasonable!

And City Hall was surrounded by the food trucks...they were Canadian! I thought y'all were all into that health thing (though I admit when I think about it, poutine doesn't actually sound particularly artery friendly)...I trusted them! Now you tell me about heart attack city!

We have a Cora's here, but I've never been there. I think it's because I always get tempted by the Starbuck's on one side, or the yummy Mandarin buffet on the other. ;)

Sheesh, I live and work in an artsy-fartsy theatuh town and, although we have some wonderful gourmet restaurants here, we don't have a Starbuck's or a Mandarin or a Cora's. I think I must be missing some good food choices!

Poutine...yuck, phooey! I hates gravy on my fries, so I probably wouldn't like the Quebec stuff either. My DH has trouble passing a chip truck, and he loves poutine...with me, it's Dairy Queen! I gain 5 lbs every time I drive past the place.

Clay content...yesterday we introduced a new red wine in our shop. It's called "Simply..Rich and Bold". I commented to my boss, who was working with me, that I would think of it as "Simply.. Rich and Bold and Well Hung". She said..."I knew you'd somehow relate it to Clay!!!"

:lmaosmiley-1:

wanda... as those familiar with me from the beginning of this bizarro ride as a Clay Aiken lust-obsessed fan know, this is what I've been saying this for YEARS :cryingwlaughter:

Speaking of which.... :whistling-1:

PM5C.gif

I was thinking not giving it to would be a gigantic waste!

September 19 seems to be a trademark date for Clay:

September 19, 2003 - Sings TITN at Miss America Pageant

September 19, 2006 - A Thousand Different Ways released

September 19, 2008 - Rejoins Spamalot on Broadway

Well, it is 919 after all. :P

I think tonight we are going to dine at the height of healthy Canadian food establishments, McDonald's. :cryingwlaughter: Dd is heading off to England for a week, and I'm sure will appreciate the extreme expense as a goodbye, have a safe trip, gesture.

Five reports done, still waiting for more, so I'm taking a break.

We have a Cora's here, but I've never been there. I think it's because I always get tempted by the Starbuck's on one side, or the yummy Mandarin buffet on the other. ;)

Sheesh, I live and work in an artsy-fartsy theatuh town and, although we have some wonderful gourmet restaurants here, we don't have a Starbuck's or a Mandarin or a Cora's. I think I must be missing some good food choices!

Poutine...yuck, phooey! I hates gravy on my fries, so I probably wouldn't like the Quebec stuff either. My DH has trouble passing a chip truck, and he loves poutine...with me, it's Dairy Queen! I gain 5 lbs every time I drive past the place.

I love your artsty-fartsy theatuh town and the adorable cafes we've eaten at, but you and luckiest1 have to try Cora's - maybe the next time you visit, 'k? Heck, sometimes they even put fruit on their breakfast plates! ;) I'm happy to give poutine a wiiiiide berth too, but love gravy on my fries.

ToldForThis - loved your post!

Or that ultimate question...... did they put the placenta in the freezer or bury it in the back yard?

Well we did see that photo of him with an aluminum foil covered plate at the hospital. Could be like when we visited a nephew working at Mt Mitchell in NC as a forestry student. He served us lunch after moving around all the dead vols he had in the fridge to study later. Whatever we ate tasted good.

I really don't need details about Clay and Jaymes' relationship. As long as they are both happy. I think I'm almost as happy as they are about Parker. Just think about what started as a teensy tiny speck has made at least two people very happy.

And if people think C & J's relationship is weird, they haven't met playbiller's and my families. :lilredani: I think we could write a book.

I can never remember how to post pictures from photobucket. Could someone take pity on me and give me directions.