#40: He simply makes me smile when I see him.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• He looks great, he looks happy and healhty...me likey, me happy!
    • He makes me go broke with a smile on my face!
    • He is excessively, endlessly, adorably CUTE!!!!!!!!
    • God the voice is gorgeous. I'll never take it for granted.
    • Break open those piggy banks! Remember - if you choose to rob a bank, just don't wear a Clay Aiken t-shirt!
    • Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!
    • Clay has some serious mojo!!!
    • He sings. He dances. He talks. He wears PANTS! verra, verra niiiicely. The rest is just noise!
    • Someone take the measure of that man!
    • Who CARES? He's hot!!!
    • But in the final analysis - he could be bald and I would still love him.
    • Is there ever enough Clay?
    • He's Clay, you know. The hotness intensifies as time goes by.

Happy Birthday, ldyjocelyn!!!

It's almost Spam time!! Yay!!

I'm choosing to believe the Gawker thing, because I like the image of him walking around town with his babymomma looking kinda skinny. Now - if the next one could be him pushing a stroller....or better yet, wearing one of those baby sling things. :::swoon:::

You know, tonight is the last night for almost 4 months that we won't have a Spam performance to hope for reports and possible stage door pictures from (well, except Mondays, and the gala!) EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Popping in quickly between homework assignments. This made me smile!

2.gif1.gif2.gif

Back to work! :bolt:

Another sighting! This is from CV via the CB

Saw Clay tonight...Thursday, September 18! He looked marvelous! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

My friend and I arrived in NYC today so we went to pick up our tickets for tomorrow night's performance as we didn't want to fight the crowd tomorrow night. After we got the tickets we went to Juniors for supper and sat by the window facing the stage door in Shubert Ally. Well I just about choked on my food when all of a sudden my friend "quietly" tells me there is Jerome. All I could think about was where there was Jerome, Clay had to be not far behind. Sure enough there he was looking quite handsome and debonair. He had on a grey suit, glasses and yes there was the spike hair but it looked great on him...but it's not the same spike look as American Idol. They were walking quickly towards 45th avenue and our fleeting glimpse lasted all of about 10 seconds!

Can hardly wait until tomorrow night...one more sleep!!!!!!

AI can probably do that BC, but I need help fast - how many times has Clay come in second? I remember BCA/EB, NYT best sellers list, and Ruben - surely there were others.

birthday003.gif LdyJocelyn

And we need to add in honor of the new lady of the lake Happy-Birthday-1.jpg

For the anniversary womand and all these darn weddings!

652a2aea.jpg

Jazzgirl, if you pay the big bucks for front loaders, you can get these stands about 2 or 3 feet high to place the washer and dryer on and then store your soap and stuff in.

It might be worth your while to have the furnace raised as well. My furnace is about 8 inches off the ground and there is some stuff before the works starts and that is enough to have helped it survive my water misadventures. New furnaces are so much smaller, you can have it put on a metal railing or something.

Haven't thought about front loaders, but I like the stand idea. Amazingly, everything was already raised about 8-12 inches, but, for me, nothing survived 3-4 feet of water. The news showed someone in Chicago who had 8 feet of water in their basement! Existing venting is also a constraint. The house is old, so it may be too expensive to even retrofit a sump pump. I have a contractor coming tomorrow (probably one of many!) to look over the situation.

I did look into the tankless water heater, which does hang a few feet above ground, but it wouldn't work in a power outage, and then it seemed a better bet to replace the conventional heater, if another flood occurred than to upfront the cost of a tankless.

Well, you can always move your washer and dryer upstairs. I have seen gas tankless water heaters. I have also seen them upstairs in a closet.

I bet the guy comes with a french drain idea, doesn't always work. The best thing is - landscaping so water runs away from your house if possible. At the beach, they lift old houses so they are several feet higher, may crack some walls, but people are good at it. You have to secure everything though.

Around here, there are some people that had old houses that never flooded until the zoning board took a bribe and build ups so low drainage areas into huge malls, now they always flood. The answer of the army corps of engineers is to build a 4o foot in diameter drain and have it go 30 miles, under my house and empty into a river near here - but but that river could not handle the water, so we would need to cease having access to the water and build dike like walls (this is after I repair the damage to my house from the dynomite under my house) But. But. But we have bridges crossing those rivers and they are low - well, we will have to put doors in these dike like walls that can be closed during a storm. (and the bridges being under water will do what tothem?) but... but...but we have smaller rivers emtying into the bigger river, well we would have to build electric pumps to pump the water over these walls - when will an electric pump fail? Like during a storm maybe?

Gatta love the Army corp of engineers, haven't got it right since the panama canal. The simple and cheapest because the builder built it based on a bribe to begin with - no insurance for them.solution would be to tear down the mall. No instead lets spend buillions and damage homes that have stood for over 100 years along a 30 mile route. - not te mentionthe number who will die building this monstrosity.

Clay at the premiere of A Tale of Two Cities...finally we have pictures!

http://photo.wenn.com/index.php?ref=tale%2...908&version

:flirtysmile3:

Whereabouts in the Midwest are you?

Would you like a corner piece of cake with flowers?

Kim

I'm in Milwaukee.

And yes, flowers! If I'm going to indulge, I'm going for broke!!! :cryingwlaughter:

And love the pics - he looks good... :hubbahubba:

See, I would describe that particular hair look as "delightfully tousled", rather than spiked. We'll see what People.com has to say about it tomorrow - I'll bet the picture will show up in StarTracks, just in time to promote the Spamalot return.

Waves to Jerome. Good to see you again, too. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

And EEEEEEEEEE! for the start of all the fresh Clack.

Whereabouts in the Midwest are you?

Would you like a corner piece of cake with flowers?

Kim

I'm in Milwaukee.

And yes, flowers! If I'm going to indulge, I'm going for broke!!! :cryingwlaughter:

And love the pics - he looks good... :hubbahubba:

You wouldn't by any chance be a Brewers fan would you? They sure aren't going to let the Cubs walk away with the Division.

Kim

You wouldn't by any chance be a Brewers fan would you? They sure aren't going to let the Cubs walk away with the Division.

Kim

Well... I like baseball, but I have to admit, it's not my favorite sport. I am a fan, they're the hometown team for me after all, and I follow what's going on but not "closely"... I much prefer to crawl into a comfy chair with a good book... :)

Kim

Well... I like baseball, but I have to admit, it's not my favorite sport. I am a fan, they're the hometown team for me after all, and I follow what's going on but not "closely"... I much prefer to crawl into a comfy chair with a good book... :)

Omigosh, I think I found my twin...I never met a book I didn't like...although I am partial to Stephen King.

Kim

You know, tonight is the last night for almost 4 months that we won't have a Spam performance to hope for reports and possible stage door pictures from (well, except Mondays, and the gala!) EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

well, so much for that!! LOL........eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee2222!!!!!

Happy Birthday, ldyjocelyn!!!

It's almost Spam time!! Yay!!

I'm choosing to believe the Gawker thing, because I like the image of him walking around town with his babymomma looking kinda skinny. Now - if the next one could be him pushing a stroller....or better yet, wearing one of those baby sling things. :::swoon:::

So with ya!!

LOVE those pictures! He looks absolutely gorgeous, wonderful smile, slim, beautifully dressed. happy....and WOULDJALOOKATTHOSEFEET!! :hysterical:

He looks frippin fanTAStic........ :hubbahubba:

Regarding those of you who have lost power, do you not have gas bottles?

They are usually used for outdoor barbeques but being portable, they are very useful during loss of electric power and can at least provide you with hot water and cooking.

Happy anniversary Mr and Mrs aikim! Aikim, that was really mean of Mr aikim to leave a whole cake out for you to deal with on your own. LOL

Omigosh, I think I found my twin...I never met a book I didn't like...although I am partial to Stephen King.

Kim

I've read a lot of his earlier work and I do like him but then I didn't read much when my son was little/growing up (well, besides reading his kind of books to him!)... not a lot of time when you work full time... so I put my reading aside for quite a few years (and I really missed it)... I need to go back and pick up some of his stuff and catch up with him... and I'd have to say the only book I've read so far that I really didn't care for was Wicked... I made myself finish it but I just didn't enjoy it... can't even really say why, it just didn't do it for me... but I love to read and can spend waaaaay too much time buried in a good book... usually several a week now... God bless our library system because I'd be living in my van if I had to buy all the books I read... :lol:

.he looks great, he looks happy and healhty...me likey , me happy, :hubbahubba:

THREAD TITLE!! whooo hooo

he looks mighty cute

Any Cincinatti Reds Fans here? Crickets? My nephew was bat boy today... he just called me all excited telling me the details.

Sad that we no longer have clayaikenpix so we have the large size pics!

:(

Wonder if this is his - Iwantmyhairtobeeasycuzdaddyisbusy Look?

:hysterical:

bwah Thread title?

Regarding those of you who have lost power, do you not have gas bottles?

Yes we had them. They only work with outdoor grills so at least we could cook and heat water when it wasn't raining. The propane was hard to find after the storm and those grills are too expensive for some. A lot of folks were using charcoal. Some people had generators but ran out of petrol to run them.

Any Cincinatti Reds Fans here? Crickets? My nephew was bat boy today... he just called me all excited telling me the details.

Been to a few games, but I wouldn't call myself a fan. :hysterical: But congrats to your nephew - what a fun thing!

It's sooooooooo good to see him again. *happy sigh* :flirtysmile3:

Anyone up for making a celebratory dinner in honor of SPAMalot tomorrow? :lol:

SPICY SPAM KABOBS

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories : Main dish Meats

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

-------- ------------ --------------------------------

1/4 c Lemon juice

3 tb Minced onion

1 tb Olive oil

1 t Dried leaf thyme

1 Garlic clove, minced

1/2 t Whole oregano leaves

1/4 t Red pepper flakes

16 Pea pods

1 cn Pineapple chunks packed in

-light juice, drained (8 oz)

1 cn SPAM Luncheon Meat, cut into

-24 cubes (12 oz)

1 Red bell pepper, cut into

-1″ pieces

4 c Hot cooked rice

Combine first 7 ingredients in 9x12″ dish. Wrap pea pods around

pineapple chunks. Alternately thread SPAM cubes, pineapple chunks,

and bell pepper pieces on eight skewers. Place in dish with marinade.

Cover and marinade 2 hours, turning occasionally. Grill kabobs over

medium-hot coals 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Or, broil 5″ from

heat source 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally. Serve with hot cooked

rice.

From RecipeSource