#40: He simply makes me smile when I see him.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• He looks great, he looks happy and healhty...me likey, me happy!
    • He makes me go broke with a smile on my face!
    • He is excessively, endlessly, adorably CUTE!!!!!!!!
    • God the voice is gorgeous. I'll never take it for granted.
    • Break open those piggy banks! Remember - if you choose to rob a bank, just don't wear a Clay Aiken t-shirt!
    • Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!
    • Clay has some serious mojo!!!
    • He sings. He dances. He talks. He wears PANTS! verra, verra niiiicely. The rest is just noise!
    • Someone take the measure of that man!
    • Who CARES? He's hot!!!
    • But in the final analysis - he could be bald and I would still love him.
    • Is there ever enough Clay?
    • He's Clay, you know. The hotness intensifies as time goes by.

Dang! I just rinsed my hair. Well, that was anticlimactic. <_< I was all excited, ready to see all that grey GONE! I was trembling with anticipation...

Then...while the grey 'highlights' that are everywhere here and there are covered, the saturated grey at the temples still shine brightly. :281:

Can someone explain to me why, when MEN have grey hair at the temples, they look 'debonair or sophisticated or downright sexy (George Clooney, anyone? :hubbahubba: )...but when a WOMAN has grey around her face, she just looks....

OLD. :AddEmoticons04212:

Are we still talking about Twinkies? Or have we moved on to Ding Dongs?

That's right as usual the Ho Ho's don't get any respect!

I am partial to SuzyQ's myself.

Kim

OMG - This is one of my NUMBER ONE snacks!!! I [used to] buy the box of individually wrapped ones and put it in the freezer. You are making me crave one right now!! It's the cake version of an ice cream sandwich, which I was addicted to before SuzyQ's were invented!

suzyq.jpg

Clay content: :Iluvclaysbutt:

Y'all are grossing me out with the Twinkle and Ding Dong talk! Here's my kind of sweet, stolen from others because my photobucket is pathetic.

may42.jpg

Will this do?

Or this?

may41.jpg

Well, I just thought about how many more years I may have to work!

I think I am in desperate need for some Goofy Clay!

NewarkSRHPNoThankYoumedbyLDB-1.gif

bradybunchgroove-1.gif

hfeargougelargeww0.gif

070510_Kimmel_donkeykick.gif

bwah Hostess? I haven't caught up yet but must comment...

hey I grew up 1/2 block from a hostess factory and bakery. They would open the windows and we could see all those twinkies and suzieqs and pies and bread getting made. hee It was fascinating to us. And sometimes they'd bring out stuff to us. And they also had the little store attached....oh yeah..I remember the day when my mom would send us to the bakery to get 6 loaves of bread for a dollar. sigh. About two weeks ago I bought a hostess pie..hadn't bought one for years (favorite is lemon or blackberry). That one pie was on sale for 50cents. I would never buy it at regular price.

Thanks for all the cutie pie pictures. I have had one hell of a day so they were very nice to look at..made m smile.

Oh, I ordered the pins today, 250 of each. There are about 25 each not accounted for so if you want me to hold one for you let me know..they will probably be gone in a couple of days.

From CB - Slg111

OMG, OMG, OMG!!! I cannot believe this happened. I am a fourth grade teacher at a private school in L.A. Today I got a new student from England who just came to the US last week. You WILL NOT believe who her father is.

JOHN DU PREZ, the COMPOSER of SPAMALOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not kidding. You could have knocked me down with a feather. I managed to control myself while speaking to him about Spamalot, but when they left the room, I let out the biggest WHOOOO! you've ever heard. He AUDITIONED Clay!!! Who he said is "quite good." I had no trouble talking about Spamalot obviously, because I think it's the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life, Clay or no Clay. I told him I had seen it seven times. He asked if I knew Clay was coming back, I said of course (at one point he said, "Ah, you're a Claymate!) and I was like, yes sir, I am! Anyway I said I couldn't wait to see him again because I was going to get tickets for over our Xmas break. He instantly said, "Well, just let me know when you're going, I'll get you some tickets, and see if I can get you backstage." I probably turned beet red and managed to say, well, thank you so much!

What do you guys think about that?!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk about SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION.... this is like ONE DEGREE OF SEPARATION or something!

Wow.

The "Quite good" was said in that wonderful English accent, and was very heartfelt. Hard to describe in words, but trust me, it was ULTRA POSITIVE! More like "Quite good!!! (I'm always on alert for meanings behind words...) Just the way the British talk I think. If an American said the same thing, it would be, Really good! Something like that. Plus he auditioned him. If he didn't think Clay was "quite good!" he wouldn't have gotten the part.

The "Quite good" was said in that wonderful English accent, and was very heartfelt. Hard to describe in words, but trust me, it was ULTRA POSITIVE! More like "Quite good!!! (I'm always on alert for meanings behind words...) Just the way the British talk I think. If an American said the same thing, it would be, Really good! Something like that. Plus he auditioned him. If he didn't think Clay was "quite good!" he wouldn't have gotten the part.

I could be wrong here... but my experience with some verrrry English folk is that when they say "quite" in certain instances, it an affirmative term. For example, if you say "that was a great movie" and they reply "yes....quite!"... the body language and tone indicates "absolutely, it was fantastic". The Brits aren't known for showing extreme enthusiasm!

ETA:

Dang! I just rinsed my hair. Well, that was anticlimactic.
<_<
I was all excited, ready to see all that grey GONE! I was trembling with anticipation...

Then...while the grey 'highlights' that are everywhere here and there are covered, the saturated grey at the temples still shine brightly.
:281:

Can someone explain to me why, when MEN have grey hair at the temples, they look 'debonair or sophisticated or downright sexy (George Clooney, anyone?
:hubbahubba:
)...but when a WOMAN has grey around her face, she just looks....OLD.
:AddEmoticons04212:

muski, if you have an old brown mascara (or black if your hair is very dark), use that on the roots. Of course you can use a new mascara but an old one is better because it doesn't put globs of mascara on your skin. Your eyelashes are hair, after all! It also reduces the frequency of using hair dye on your scalp.

Oh, cha cha, that sucks, I hope they can get some stuff back for you. I've got me a Western Digital Passport 160GB. It's working fine (knock on wood) but what are the signs? I went to back up some files to another external the other day and my Dr. Watson error has spread to include the whole drive and as soon as I open it up, Windows Explorer freezes. The files are all there but I can't access anything on that drive at all. I have had this problem in some folders on other drives that have video files in them and when I researched it, I found that this is a known problem (that Microsoft hasn't bothered to fix in the few years it's been around) and got a few ideas for fixes, a couple of them I tried and they didn't work. Apparently I can go in to the registry and turn off the thumbnail making process, but I don't want to do that I NEED my thumbnails! Something else I read gave directions to turn of Dr. Watson....not sure if I am asking for trouble if I do that or not. I hate going into the registry and messing with things. I'm really afraid to do it here since I have to have this thing for school, and it's hard to get repairs done when you are communicating in two different languages. I'm happy it's working and I can live without those files for now.

Has anyone ever encountered this problem? I was thinking of trying it on another computer to see if it's the drive or the external that's the problem. So far no one has volunteered their machine for a trysie. What's funny is, I can access the files via a media player but not windows explorer. I used to be able to access photo files in these folders by browsing in Photoshop but that isn't working anymore. Now PS tells me it has a problem and has to close.

Not all of my folders with videos act this way. If the files are stored on the drive not in a folder, it's fine. I want to get the files off that drive and onto something so I can sort them and get rid of the videos on it. There are only about 10 gigs of data on it so it isn't that bad.

Does any of this sounds familiar?

Indian food is plentiful here, Twinkies not so much.

Welcome Home Scarlett & KAndre! I am almost too shy to post this considering and all.... BUT.....I booked my ticket to Houston this week. October 1st. Someone remind me to go to the airport that day, okay? Please cancel all hurricanes and related activities.

Hey Kareneh, I have been having problems with IE for a few weeks now. I have to keep uninstalling it then it works for a while and then goes again.... You mentioned Dr Watson, what is this? I hadn't heard of it until my recent troubles and wondered if that was the cause.

I have an external drive but haven't got it out of the box yet . eek

Are we still talking about Twinkies? Or have we moved on to Ding Dongs?

That's right as usual the Ho Ho's don't get any respect!

HeeeHee.. Cake Songs... :lmaosmiley-1:

Claytonic
- you really had never heard of Twinkies before? There was a very high profile homicide in SF many years ago when a gay supervisor was shot down in cold blood. The "defense" said the killer was in a demented state from eating too much junk food (I think I remember that correctly) and the defense became known as the Twinkie Defense!!! I hear tell they fry Twinkies in the south and at fairs....hmmmm......Actually they're pretty good with a nice hot cup of rich coffee, too!

I'd heard of them being mentioned OFTEN but never knew what they were... the same way I'd heard about Oreos for years (from watching American TV) but didn't know what they were until a few years ago when they hit the market here.

ausdon, did YOU know what Twinkies were? We do have similar miniature cake products here but I don't like them much because sugar seems to be the main ingredient! If I am going to eat sugar, I'd rather eat it in something else that I am already addicted to! I avoid Coke but IF I have a treat, I will only drink the Real Thing with 12 (?) teaspoons of sugar rather than that awful tasting artificial sweeter.

Yes Claytonic I did know what twinkies were and I had heard of the twinkie defense (I have no life)! I also am not too keen on those cakes, I think of all the preservatives and hundreds of ingredients that sound like they belong in a lab and not on my plate! Not that I don't enjoy the rare one (or 12).

I'm with you on the coke, I figure if I'm going to have it I'll take my chances with natural sugar rather than some chemical, the long term effects of which are yet be fully realised.

Clay content? I am sure he likes Twinkies.......

ausdon, this is the only trouble that I've had with an external so far and I'm not sure that it is entirely its fault. I think I may have transferred a corrupt file to it at some point. I need to try it on another computer to see if it's my computer or the drive. Dr. Watson is a utility that comes with Windows that finds errors when you run programs, it makes a log of the error so tech support people can figure out what is causing the problem. This drive has its own power source but Scarlett, tell me about irregular voltage! When I got back to Baku this time our shipment was here and in it was my handy dandy voltage regulator. I knew we had bad power but now that all the computer gear is connected up through the regulator.....I am shocked at how much clicking that thing does and how much bouncing the needle does some days. Other days it's pretty quiet. I've been told that sometimes the 240 comes in at 320....I am some glad that is not MY flat panel TV over there. IT never blinks, flickers, or gives any indication that all is not well, but I have a feeling it isn't going to make it to its life expectancy.

And really fun things happen when you forget to flip the switch on the dual voltage hair dryer back to 240 once you been in North America. That little sucker turned itself on, jumped off the side of the bathroom sink, and twitched on the floor until it died in a haze of smelly sparky circuit burn out smoke. Why I set it on the side of the sink and walked away before plugging it in, I'll never know. Just like I'll never know why I didn't pick it up before I plugged it in.

Now, if we could just find hot water heater master things would be hunky dory. He seems to have disappeared.

:013085001176249046:

TastyKake Butterscotch Krimpets kick Twinkie butt around the block and down the street.

Created in Philly, just like cheesesteaks and real hoagies. And scrapple and Taylor's Pork Roll. :-)

(Note - no point in whining if any of these were actually created in YOUR city or state - they have been claimed by Philly. So there.)

Pictures of Clay, however, are incomparable! Thanks to all who provide them.

When I hit the lottery, I am sending mahself the BIG gift basket from Taste of Philadelphia. Or else I will fly up and visit playbiller - we can do the gourmet tour - frites in NYC, cheesesteaks, etc., in Philly!

Lobster rolls at her house!

Scarlett, I have you beat for ITD (Information Technology Dorkiness) - in January I was doing a phone interview and the interviewer mumbled something about risk-based something and I said "You mean Reduced Instruction Set Computing?"

Um, no, not what she meant.

Kareneh said:

And really fun things happen when you forget to flip the switch on the dual voltage hair dryer back to 240 once you been in North America. That little sucker turned itself on, jumped off the side of the bathroom sink, and twitched on the floor until it died in a haze of smelly sparky circuit burn out smoke. Why I set it on the side of the sink and walked away before plugging it in, I'll never know. Just like I'll never know why I didn't pick it up before I plugged it in.

Heeee......when working in Holland, I was waiting for a friend to get ready for work - she had brought over her hot rollers and her curling iron and an expensive voltage converter. First she tried the hot rollers/converter combo - a sizzle and a snap, puff of smoke, fried and useless. Then, against all logic, she hooked up the converter to her curling iron, and the same thing happened. So then we went to the nice reasonable housewares store in the shopping center next to the hotel, and she bought hot rollers for about $20.

I always had a blow-dry and go haircut, so I couldn't lend her anything.

I could be wrong here... but my experience with some verrrry English folk is that when they say "quite" in certain instances, it an affirmative term. For example, if you say "that was a great movie" and they reply "yes....quite!"... the body language and tone indicates "absolutely, it was fantastic". The Brits aren't known for showing extreme enthusiasm!

Oh Yes! That had to have been quite the compliment! Gushing is not one of our strong points. Having a "a spot of bother" could mean anything from dropping a cup of tea to World War 3! A good example is when Sir Robin has done the OTT version of YCSOBIYDHAJ the king just says "Gosh"! "Quite good" really could have meant fantastic, greatest thing since sliced bread but I'm sure it wasn't that he was just ok.

I love Lobster Rolls......had one every day I was on holiday in Boston!

Yes Claytonic I did know what twinkies were and I had heard of the twinkie defense (I have no life)! I also am not too keen on those cakes, I think of all the preservatives and hundreds of ingredients that sound like they belong in a lab and not on my plate! Not that I don't enjoy the rare one (or 12).

I'm with you on the coke, I figure if I'm going to have it I'll take my chances with natural sugar rather than some chemical, the long term effects of which are yet be fully realised.

Clay content? I am sure he likes Twinkies.......

We always called those type of goodies "chemical cakes" because of the preservatives. Doesn't stop my kids from whining about wanting them every time we pass them in the grocery store. I haven't bought any for a long time but if I did, it would be Passion Flakies or Ah Caramel. Heh, maybe those are Canadian? And I prefer to eat my calories, rather than drink them, so I have stopped drinking all sugar sweetened beverages like Coke or Sprite (which was always my favourite). I generally only drink water now, but the odd time I'll have a Sprite Zero. Yeah, yeah I know, aspartame. You can't win.

Thanks for all the well wishes yesterday.

I am almost embarassed to admit this, but last night I broke down and took out the credit card, went over to Future Shop and bought myself a replacement iPod. I tried to stop myself, because I really can't afford it, but seriously, I felt as though someone had cut off my left arm or something. I was never without that thing, I wore it at work because my job is boring, I wore it every day when I took my walk at lunch, sometimes when I took the dog for a walk after work, I had the fm transmitter for use in the car....so I bit the bullet and bought the exact same one that was stolen, a black 80gb classic, with a leather case to keep it from getting scratched. This puppy will never be left in the car. I've learned my lesson. I synced it up as soon as I got it home (hee! 5230 songs or videos exactly) and it works like a charm. No problems with licences for my purchased music at all - guess that is only for transferring the files to a new computer. I took it to bed with me. :wub:

Good morning from Halifax!

Luckiest1, I'm so sorry to hear about your Ipod! That totally sucks! I was so worried about losing/forgetting my Zen somewhere when I was travelling that I bought a smaller 8g one that I load up fresh every time and take with me. I wouldn't be so devastated if I lost it...and it hangs on a lanyard around my neck, so I can leave it "stuck to me" a bit more than the other one. :lol:

I do leave my big one in the car as well, though, when I am just driving on a daily basis. I always hide it when I leave the car, but nevertheless....

This morning in the local paper the front page story (slow news day in Halifax apparently) was about a series of thefts taking place in the shopping plaza where I worked yesterday especially, and in other locations through the city. Seems "someone" in Future Shop/Best Buy locations is following customers who purchase big ticket items out to their vehicles; and then if they stow the item (lots of laptops) in their car and go into another store~lo and behold, car breakin, laptop gone. Brand new~with receipt in many cases, I'm sure.

From the detail in the story, I think it pretty much has to be an employee(s) at the stores who is in on it, but I'm sure they can't say so because of legal/investigation concerns.

In any case, if you purchase something of the sort from a Future Shop/Best Buy store in Canada be aware that this is the latest scam; people are being advised to go straight home with their purchases.

Good Morning Everyone,

Cha Cha You are definitely my twin! I love ice cream sandwiches. When we were kids we go to visit my great-aunt and she would always have Eskimo Pies for us...can't really find them now, but that was such a treat...can't beat chocolate and ice cream. Cool site for the travel size items...wish I had a trip to plan so I could buy some stuff!

Muski I have never dyed my hair and I don't plan on it...I figure I earned those gray hairs so I am going to wear them proudly (plus I am just too damn lazy, LOL!)

16 Days until "Spam, Wonderful, Spam"!

:woohoo:

24 Days until Clay is Partying with Paula! :woohoo:

45 Days until The BAF Gala!

:woohoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Congratulations on the new ipod, luckiest. We all need a reward once in a while. My husband and I chipped in to buy a second flat screen tv after seeing how much we liked digital tv. Now we each have one. We could have used it for more important things but we're not perfect.

I haven't had a Twinkie in many years but as playbiller can atest, I have left her house with a box of Devil Dogs many times. I could also eat those chocolate covered peanut butter cakes, I forgot who makes them. I'm not a fan of chocolate but put it with peanut butter and I'm a goner.

And speaking of rewards, I'm counting on bottlecap, to bring back the candy corn soon. It's almost that time of year. :lilredani:

I do leave my big one in the car as well, though, when I am just driving on a daily basis. I always hide it when I leave the car, but nevertheless....

Yep, it was hidden, but what I failed to do was to put the telltale white charger cord back in my bag, as I usually do. It must have been the tip off so they searched through the vehicle until they found the iPod. Ah well, what's done is done, but maybe it'll help someone else in future. And that is a good warning about Best Buy/Future Shop and the scam that's going on. I've done that before, I won't do it again either. What a world we live in.

And speaking of rewards, I'm counting on bottlecap, to bring back the candy corn soon. It's almost that time of year. :lilredani:

i giggle whenever I think of the dancing penises candy corn LOL.

Lucky ..congrats.... and now I know who to call the next time I have an Ipod problem. When my computer crashed and I lost my itunes and all I had was everything in my ipod and I wanted to download it back into the a new itunes.. the instruction was SO convoluted to me but I tried anyway cuz how bad could it be? Cruch crunch crunch..I could hear my hours of loving labor slipping away. Never did get it back like I had it and haven't really spent that much time getting it right since.

That is my worst nightmare, couchie. I keep my Music folder backed up in about 4 different places for fear of it happening. I was lucky in February when the laptop died, I had it backed up on the external. I don't even know if it's possible to retrieve all your files from an iPod, although I guess in theory it should be. Guess I wouldn't be so much help after all! :P

I hope we hear something from Clay soon.

That is my worst nightmare, couchie. I keep my Music folder backed up in about 4 different places for fear of it happening. I was lucky in February when the laptop died, I had it backed up on the external. I don't even know if it's possible to retrieve all your files from an iPod, although I guess in theory it should be. Guess I wouldn't be so much help after all! :P

I hope we hear something from Clay soon.

oh yeah it is possible...the Apple people ASSURED me it was possible if I follow these simple steps. :dumb_people: = me.

Muski... I don't reall care that I'm going gray cuz unlike my mom I never keep up with dying it but I do someitmes and some dyes do work better than others. Unfortunately I can't remember what those are. :cryingwlaughter: Next time I hit the right one I'm writing that sucker down.

Sorry to hear about the theft luckiest1, but I'm glad you got a new iPod!

When my desktop computer was showing signs of dying on me (slowing down and freezing an AWFUL lot), the first thing I did was make a backup of my iTunes. Now, since I only have a nano, and it wasn't nearly full (yet *g*), it only took six CD's to back it up. But I'm really glad I did it, because a month later, the desktop really DID die. I just restored my iTunes on the new computer this past weekend. The only thing that freaked me out was when I tried to play a purchased song on the computer, and it said "sorry - but would you like to authorize this computer to play purchased songs?" Why yes, yes I would. Done.

All this sweet talk in the morning is actually kinda making me sick to my stomach. Of course, when work is just not good, my stomach is sick almost all the time. *g*

I hope Clay is enjoying his time with Parker. OTOH, play, I've wondered too if he (and probably the family) is in NYC by now.

Muski
I have never dyed my hair and I don't plan on it...I figure I earned those gray hairs so I am going to wear them proudly (plus I am just too damn lazy, LOL!)

aikim, I know some people who share your philosophy, and some who have gone completely platinum white, it suits them.

However, I saw an interview where the woman (who is in the 'beauty business') said that nothing quite gives you a lift the way hair color can. And I know that's true in my case. I don't like putting chemicals on my scalp but my skin seems to look so much better when I've just had a color put in. I have been looking for non toxic hair coloring that doesn't cost the earth.

Good morning from Halifax!

Would you check on my kids for me while you're there? I haven't heard a word from either one of those buggers in ages. I can only assume that means they have money.

Muski... I don't reall care that I'm going gray cuz unlike my mom I never keep up with dying it but I do someitmes and some dyes do work better than others. Unfortunately I can't remember what those are. :cryingwlaughter: Next time I hit the right one I'm writing that sucker down.

L'Oreal Preference....I usually get it done at the salon but while I was over here, I did it myself and used this. Covered great and I swear the salon stuff faded faster. I tried to tell that to my stylist when I was home and she was having none of it, though. Still....

I wonder if Clay has ever used Medium Brown #5. :D