#40: He simply makes me smile when I see him.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• He looks great, he looks happy and healhty...me likey, me happy!
    • He makes me go broke with a smile on my face!
    • He is excessively, endlessly, adorably CUTE!!!!!!!!
    • God the voice is gorgeous. I'll never take it for granted.
    • Break open those piggy banks! Remember - if you choose to rob a bank, just don't wear a Clay Aiken t-shirt!
    • Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!
    • Clay has some serious mojo!!!
    • He sings. He dances. He talks. He wears PANTS! verra, verra niiiicely. The rest is just noise!
    • Someone take the measure of that man!
    • Who CARES? He's hot!!!
    • But in the final analysis - he could be bald and I would still love him.
    • Is there ever enough Clay?
    • He's Clay, you know. The hotness intensifies as time goes by.

Wheee, that makes a neat September desktop background when you tile it!

Happy Birthday merrieeee!

luckiestdaughter is so picky, that when she went to live with my mom for school this year, they made a list of everything she dislikes to put on the fridge, as a heads up. I told them they should have made a list of things she likes instead, because that would have been a lot shorter - basically chicken wings & pizza. LOL.

The whole grey hair thing is like most other outwardly attributes...My hair is naturally still very dark and in the past five years has been sprinkled (and spattered) with some very distinguished grey. Heh. I've never cared until just very recently when the grey right around my face seemed to really become prominent. Since I've gained weight and have been generally harried and feeling quite yucky about things in general, I tended to see that grey more and more.

Funny thing about that.

So I got a hair cut (long overdue). I took a day for myself and saw a movie, got a massage and got a facial (only the second facial in my life) and then on a whim decided to use the box of shampoo in color I've had on my counter for about a year...

Now...when I look in the mirror, I still see some grey, but it's not the first thing I see...But because I'm feeling somewhat better about mySELF, I think my hair looks better, too. It's as though I was letting the look that the grey gave me tell me how I should feel. Crazy stuff.

Yo! merrieee, baybeeeeeee! :F_05BL17blowkiss: You sly English fox, you. B) I hope you have the merrieee-est of birthdays!

:giveflowers::yahoo::lipstick::bighug::friends: :thbighug-1: :twinklewhore::cocktail: :kiss:

I think whether to dye or not really is a personal thing. Muski - I think it's wonderful that you had a day to yourself and did something for yourself that makes you feel good! When I look in the mirror (which I only do to put eye makeup on because otherwise I would poke my eye out.....) and I try to envision myself with white hair it just doesn't synch for me. I do get tired of dying it but since I do it myself it's just one more activity in the routine. Sometimes I envy those that don't have to do a darn thing to their hair but.... I still dont' have false teeth in a glass by the bed and my hips and knees are my own so I guess it could be worse! :cryingwlaughter:

And I'm just going to keep posting pretty pictures because there isn't much else to talk about Clay-wise!

Always loved the look on his face in this one:

100_1406c1_5x7_ft.jpg

Warning! This post has no Clay content!

Just got off the phone with my mother. She sounds despondent. She doesn't remember that the family went by before leaving for vacation to tell her about our plans, so she thought I was just not going to see her for that long. She said things that let me know that her mind is slipping away--just things that she says as reality but that I know aren't true, yet she can still joke and ask some of the right questions about the kids when I tell a story about one or the other.

She said "I think sometimes I'll just move away from this place. I'm getting a little tired of it. I'll just go to California and see if I can live with somebody in their house." Of course, she's in California now.

As we were saying goodbye, she said, "Will I ever see you again?" I'd told her just a minute or so earlier that I was going to stop by on my way home from work today. Part of me wanted to just scream, "I already TOLD you I was coming, Mom!"...but I just repeated that I'd see her sometime tonight.

There's a poignant essay in here somewhere---the emotional seesaw that is the life of a middle aged parent of teenagers and an elderly mother. From the joys of watching a 13-year-ld tomboy daughter wearing her first dress and getting her ears pierced to the sorrow of realizing that her mother is living her last years confused and cruelly disconnected from what she knew when she controlled her days.

We truly earn our grey hairs, don't we, friends?

Just got back from bowling and the car dealer. My car problem was a loose wire, it was found easily because I told them the first time the light when on was when I went over a bump. Bowling was not as bad as I thought. I have tendonitis in my elbow area and was not sure how I would bowl. It hurt like Hell, but I did bowl a 152, 135, and a 155. So next week I start out with a 146 average.

Happy Birthday Merrieeee, hope you have a great day!!!!!

Akim- Is you daughter having a bachlorette party? My future DIL is this Saturday. Going clubbing with a bunch of 20 somethings is a eye opener. Maybe I need to stay in the limo bus a little more. My DIL who lost her baby in Feb. is picking me up and taking me to the party. She is our designated driver. She found out three weeks ago that she is pregnant again and due the first week in April. We are all praying things go well this time.

Muski, I think that dark hair with a little grey looks great! I love salt 'n pepper hair. Course, I might feel differently if it was MY hair. Funny how that works - we are always so much more critical of how we see ourselves than of how we see other people. Anyway, I'm glad you're liking how you look now!

Speaking of facials - I kinda thought that they were a waste of money until I had one awhile back. I went above and beyond the call of duty at work, and was rewarded with a gift certificate for a facial and a pedicure by someone at our corporate office. Cool! I probably wouldn't have tried a facial otherwise. Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised that it actually did make me look a bit better. So, I later went back in for a microdermabrasion/peel treatment, and it made a big difference!

I was just looking through my animation files, and only found two spam ones. I think there are others out there - can someone post the other spam animations?

ShakeShakeShake_Clay_DangHesHot.gif

allforone_claypart-new.gif

Awww Muski - it's really sad when "role reversal" starts happening in a family. You said earlier that your Mom was in renal failure yesterday I think. That really screws up your metabolism, and creates a chemical imbalance (my Mom went thru something similar years ago) She might just be a little confused now and it will get better as she gets stronger. I think there are a couple of RNs who post here who might have some insight into what I'm saying and probably could say it better or with more knowledge. All you can do is be patient, but I know it's difficult. My mother thought I was her sister for a long time and used to complain to "me" that "I" never came to visit her! Will be thinking good thoughts for you.

Claydallas.jpg

This man is so sexy without even realizing it.....love the stance in this photo!!!

eta: gbmifan - so glad to hear DIL is pregnant again!!!

Could we move one or two of the really great pictures to the FCA gallery so that folks could view them from behind photobucket-protected firewalls? Pretty please? Thx!

{{{Muski & family}}}

Congrats on the upcoming GC, gbmifan!

{{{muski and muski mom}}}

I keep popping in, hoping we'll have heard a little something from the daddy who will soon be soiling his pants again on Broadway. Next time Parker's napping and you're not, could you find your laptop and blog a line or two, Clay? Thanks! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I was just looking through my animation files, and only found two spam ones. I think there are others out there - can someone post the other spam animations?

ShakeShakeShake_Clay_DangHesHot.gif

allforone_claypart-new.gif

Wouldn't that be SPAMamations?

*g*

Muski, I'm so sorry you're in this generational 'sandwich'. It is hard to watch your parent slip away.

Daddy didn't have Alzheimers, but he did have dementia. Thing is - Sis and I would hear him say something that sounded perfectly reasonable - but we knew different. Our cousins who went to visit him looked at us like - "What are you talking about? He's doing great!"

Luckily for us - his worst time was really only his last two weeks. He had COPD among other things and his poor brain just wasn't getting enougyh oxygen.

And - yeah - no matter how much you know they really can't help it, it's only human to get impatient saying the same things over and over when they forget.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Muski I'm so sorry to hear about the problems with your Mom. My Mom lived with me for 17 years (after my dad died) and she had Alzheimers for the last 9 or 10 years. It's tough, and it doesn't get better. Do YOU have a support system to help you through what lies ahead? I went to a support group, and it really did help.

I want to thank everyone for their thoughtful comments and also kind of apologize. I know it's okay to spill and vent and all that, but probably my last post would be better posted on the Family thread...I really don't want the main thread to become non-Clay centric...Life is full and challenging for all of us...FCA is for us and Clay, you know? At least the main thread, I think.

So...how 'bout this? :sleezy:

080428_QVC-WIDTL-04-msi.jpg

no?

Okay, then....

hanna-grabs-clay.gif

LBFCA's Final Four! ISY vs. BOTW; and AI3 Solitaire vs. AIW. I have a feeling I know which one will win eventually...

ldyj... well... spill... which one do you think will win??? I think AIW will win. Bring on the predictions, ladies! :cryingwlaughter:

thBirthdayCakeClay.gifhappybirthday21gi.gif

merrieeee!!!

merrieee... see above, which I stole from cha cha since I like it so much! Thanks, chach! Have a fantabulous day, merrieee! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

There's a poignant essay in here somewhere---the emotional seesaw that is the life of a middle aged parent of teenagers and an elderly mother. From the joys of watching a 13-year-ld tomboy daughter wearing her first dress and getting her ears pierced to the sorrow of realizing that her mother is living her last years confused and cruelly disconnected from what she knew when she controlled her days.

We truly earn our grey hairs, don't we, friends?

muski... {{{{hugs to you and your family and your MIL and mother}}}} This is why we do need to be kind to ourselves! I think there would be nothing sadder than having your parent not recognize you. Ohhh... and can you sharpen up that pic of Clay in the studio??? My likey!

couchie... the final four is an interesting mix. Two concert vs two tv. Two dramatic songs vs two glory note songs. So, the ClayNation likes dramatic, emotional songs with big glory notes at the end that create a connection... :cryingwlaughter: How's that for instant analysis???

Just got back from bowling and the car dealer. My car problem was a loose wire, it was found easily because I told them the first time the light when on was when I went over a bump. Bowling was not as bad as I thought. I have tendonitis in my elbow area and was not sure how I would bowl. It hurt like Hell, but I did bowl a 152, 135, and a 155. So next week I start out with a 146 average.

Happy Birthday Merrieeee, hope you have a great day!!!!!

Akim- Is you daughter having a bachlorette party? My future DIL is this Saturday. Going clubbing with a bunch of 20 somethings is a eye opener. Maybe I need to stay in the limo bus a little more. My DIL who lost her baby in Feb. is picking me up and taking me to the party. She is our designated driver. She found out three weeks ago that she is pregnant again and due the first week in April. We are all praying things go well this time.

Yep, this Saturday also, but no clubbing since two of the Bridesmaids are underage. It is going to be at the groom's sister house, not sure what is going on, but I understand there might be cookie baking. My youngest who is a bridesmaid...has been doing a lot of eye-rolling...she thinks it will be boring. I will be interested to hear about when it is over.

Kim

FCA got an email from a marketing company offering discount spam tickets through NOV 14. Has anyone else seen this posted anywhere. And if not, do we have any investigators here? Clay Nation is chock full of them right? heee I just don't want to post bogus information before verifying it but don't have time right now. Just PM me if you can do the legwork and I'll forward you the email.

I would trust travelzoo because I heard of them. This one if for broadwayoffers.com. Anybody heard of them?

OK did a quck google and notice other organizations posting about them so it looks ok.

Of course this offer won't help me out in the least little bit since it has a Nov 14 expiration date

Broadwayoffers.com

I'm working with the production company for Monty Python's SPAMALOT on Broadway. As you know, Clay Aiken will be returning to the musical this month and we'd like to offer his fans a special ticket offer. Details are outlined below. We'd love for you to send this out to your email list and/or post the info on your site.

Use code SIRROBIN to receive a special discount when purchasing tickets to see Clay Aiken in Broadway's SPAMALOT! Discount code valid for performances now through November 14th, 2008, excluding Saturday evenings.

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday EVENINGS

ORCH/MEZZ: $65 (includes $1.50)

BALCONY: $45 (includes $1.50)

Friday EVENINGS, Saturday, Sunday MATINEES

ORCH/MEZZ: $70 (includes $1.50)

I would trust travelzoo because I heard of them. This one if for broadwayoffers.com. Anybody heard of them?

OK did a quck google and notice other organizations posting about them so it looks ok.

Of course this offer won't help me out in the least little bit since it has a Nov 14 expiration date

Broadwayoffers.com

I'm working with the production company for Monty Python's SPAMALOT on Broadway. As you know, Clay Aiken will be returning to the musical this month and we'd like to offer his fans a special ticket offer. Details are outlined below. We'd love for you to send this out to your email list and/or post the info on your site.

Use code SIRROBIN to receive a special discount when purchasing tickets to see Clay Aiken in Broadway's SPAMALOT! Discount code valid for performances now through November 14th, 2008, excluding Saturday evenings.

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday EVENINGS

ORCH/MEZZ: $65 (includes $1.50)

Friday EVENINGS, Saturday, Sunday MATINEES

ORCH/MEZZ: $70 (includes $1.50)

Couchie, I think they're fine....we had broadwayoffers.com promotions his last run as well.

Muski been there, all I can say is :thbighug-1:

Cotton, I'll be in Sydney NS on Sunday....and I understand I'll be dealing with Hanna and whoever follows her as well just a day or two later than you. Sure hope I can get out of there on Tuesday!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you as well!

Good news on the storm front - Hanna now expected to make landfall right in our area but may not make hurricane status but rather hit at tropical storm force of 70 MPH. It could briefly reform as a hurricane but some dry air (off Florida?) has stolen some of its power. Just after midnight tomorrow night is expected landfall.

Schools already announcing early release tomorrow as afternoon rain/winds expected. Still possibility for some tornadic activity.

I have Broadway offers on my list of places to get legitimate discount tickets - but it is nothing special, they offer it to everyone if you go to their site. Broadwaybox.com ususlly gets you to their site and puts in the discount code at the same time.

They probably get part of the action if you buy through their place.

Hre is the link to our blog on saving on theater tickets.