#40: He simply makes me smile when I see him.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• He looks great, he looks happy and healhty...me likey, me happy!
    • He makes me go broke with a smile on my face!
    • He is excessively, endlessly, adorably CUTE!!!!!!!!
    • God the voice is gorgeous. I'll never take it for granted.
    • Break open those piggy banks! Remember - if you choose to rob a bank, just don't wear a Clay Aiken t-shirt!
    • Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!
    • Clay has some serious mojo!!!
    • He sings. He dances. He talks. He wears PANTS! verra, verra niiiicely. The rest is just noise!
    • Someone take the measure of that man!
    • Who CARES? He's hot!!!
    • But in the final analysis - he could be bald and I would still love him.
    • Is there ever enough Clay?
    • He's Clay, you know. The hotness intensifies as time goes by.

Have to chime in with my hair colour story. I'm 42 now and my first grey hair appeared when I was in the teens. Premature greying runs on my mom's family and of course I got it. I was totally white (not grey, white) by the time I was 38. Sigh. If I leave it natural my face skin colour looks horrible next to the white hair, so I do get it coloured by a professional. I don't like dye so she does some sort of a rinse, that is very slow to wash out. It's much cheaper and easier on the skin/hair than dye and we've chosen a colour that hides the white roots fairly well.

I had a rather creepy experience last night... about 10:30, I was getting ready to head for bed & decided to sit down on the couch to watch TV for a few minutes. Why, I don't know 'cause there certainly wasn't anything on, but I digress... I'm flipping through channels and I hear what sounds like someone lightly tapping on my sliding glass door. :unsure: Creepy enough at night, especially being a single gal, living alone. Even creepier because I live upstairs and the only way someone could be on my balcony would be if they scaled the building.

I shrugged it off and continued flipping. Again, tap tap tap. :unsure: This time the cats hear it, too. I go out to my kitchen to try and peek out the blinds at the pass-through window to see if I can see an animal or something. Nothing.

A few more minutes and tap tap... rustle... tap tap. :unsure: It really sounds like someone is right outside my sliding glass door and I'm starting to get freaked out. Finally, I turn on the balcony light and open the vertical blinds, with the phone in my hand, ready to call 911 if Jason or Freddie are out there! Nothing. Then I see something twitching on the balcony. It was a freaking HUGE - I'm talking a good 2 inches long - cicada!! YUCK!!! He was stuck on his back, kind of wedged in between the boards of the balcony floor, and then suddenly managed to flip himself back over - and run head first into my sliding glass door again... tap tap. :rolleyes:

Here's something kind of interesting from CV....no performers yet.

Broadway World . com

The glorious experiment that began five years ago with a concert featuring great singers, singing great songs, but without microphones in a 1,500 seat theater, has blossomed into a annual celebration. The concert is attended every year by musical theater lovers who crave the sound of the pure human voice and the opportunity to hear great Broadway music the way it was originally performed, with nothing between the singer and the audience except the truth. This year, that celebration continues with the 5th Annual Broadway Unplugged on Monday, November 17th at 8 PM at The Town Hall, 123 West 43rd Street.

The concert's creator/writer/host, Scott Siegel, who is also responsible for creating Broadway by the Year, The Broadway Cabaret Festival, The Summer Broadway Festival and The Nightlife Awards - all at The Town Hall - promises "another unforgettable evening." In a statement, Siegel said, "This is the only concert I've ever seen - including the thousands I've attended throughout the years - in which virtually every single performer gets called back for a second bow! And the reason is pretty simple: they deserve it! The level of talent every year is stunning with some of the best singers in New York getting out there and showing that they've got the same kind of chops as Broadway stars of the past. And the audience loves it!"

The cast for this year's Broadway Unplugged won't be announced until closer to the event, but here are just some of the stars who have been in the concert in years past: Christine Andreas, Stephanie J. Block, Ron Bohmer, michael cerveris, Chcuk Cooper, Sutton Foster, Cheyenne Jackson, Eddie Korbich, Marc Kudisch, Beth Leavel, Norm Lewis, William Michals, Euan Morton, Christiane Noll, Alice Ripley, Emily Skinner, Mary Testa, Max von Essen, Barbara Walsh, John Lloyd Young, and more!

Ticket prices range in order that anyone who wants to hear this concert can afford it: Orchestra and Loge: $75, Front Balcony: $50. Rear Balcony: $25.

Tickets are currently available at the Town Hall Box Office (123 W. 43rd Street) from noon to 6 PM every day but Sunday. Tickets are also available via TicketMaster.com or by calling 212-307-4100.

If anyone is going to be in NYC at that time anyway.......

{{{{muski and family}}}}} I hope everything turns out well for your MIL...

The only coloring I've ever done to my hair is highlights added. I don't have gray in my hair yet, but I've always said that I want to just age naturally, including my hair. I'm just not that vain. *shrug* (Of course, I have the right to change my mind in 5 years when the gray really starts to come in.....)

Clay Unplugged? That would be cool I hope he does that...and someone gets clack!

Wish I were headed to NYC, I'd love to be in the audience at that Broadway Unplugged thingy. Even if Clay weren't there.

But wouldn't it be cool if he were!?!

Y'all would not believe the stars tonight. Absolutely clear night. Can't believe how bright the stars are. Can see the Big dipper very clearly and the North Star (*follow the dri-i--in - - king Gourd*) and one other very bright star - or planet. I wasn't seeing Orion so I'm not sure what constellation that star is in.

Beautiful night!

Yeah, Broadway unplugged sounds like a fantastic evening! I'd love to go, whether Clay performs or not. That's one thing that's a great side benefit of my piano jobs - I get to hear really good voices without amplification. Some of the really good singers give me chill bumps!

The LBFCA contest is getting pretty exciting, with only four videos left! BOTW was pretty much a no-brainer for me, but AI3 Solitaire against AIW was difficult. I finally chose AIW. I love everything about that performance except for some of the faces Clay made while singing. I know he was really concentrating on singing correctly, and it's absolutely lovely to listen to, but not as lovely to watch, IMHO. Ah, well, it's absolutely thrilling when he hits that last high note, and the audience erupts in cheers!

Just checking in before heading off to bed!

We had kind of an international evening. It started off with a Cambodian music and dance show at the Kennedy Center. It was really interesting, the music is quite soothing. mrchach kept falling asleep! (well, he had been up since 6 am!) click here to see a video!

Then we checked out the restaurant at the Watergate next door, but decided it was a little too boring and expen$ive. So went went to an Indian Restaurant a few blocks away on K St. I was thinking about wanda and her Indian meal as I had dinner! All 4 chachadotters joined us and 2 of their SO's.

It was a really fun evening!

Then I came home to catch up on which one was "the winner" and which one was "out" on Project Runway! I LUrve that show!! Is that so wrong????? :D

Here's a little Clay content.........

claygala3.gif

steps.jpg

mosaic-tyra.jpg

albanyhips_lg.gif

mosaic739933.jpg

{{{muski&fam}}}

:3: :3: Cha Cha

Althought I stopped doing it years ago I used to use "castings" to mesh the random grey hairs with the blonde hairs. What t does s make the grey look like high lights. I did it to warm up the color of my hair which is exremely ashy and wanders between blonde and light brown depending on the light so while my hair was not grey it would phptpgraph as grey and that was not good. the positive was that it was a rinse and if I made a mistake like wanting bright red hair once I could just stand in the shower and shampoo shampoo sampoo until it was gone.

plus it only took 30 minutes that I could spend most of on the computer to complete.

I use L'Oreal Castings. Maybe this is the same thing? You leave it on for 30 mins and its supposed to last for 20 washes. It blends the grey ( or "silvers" as my hairdresser nicely puts it) OK but mine are still fairly spread out.

I had a rather creepy experience last night... about 10:30, I was getting ready to head for bed & decided to sit down on the couch to watch TV for a few minutes. Why, I don't know 'cause there certainly wasn't anything on, but I digress... I'm flipping through channels and I hear what sounds like someone lightly tapping on my sliding glass door. :unsure: Creepy enough at night, especially being a single gal, living alone. Even creepier because I live upstairs and the only way someone could be on my balcony would be if they scaled the building.

I shrugged it off and continued flipping. Again, tap tap tap. :unsure: This time the cats hear it, too. I go out to my kitchen to try and peek out the blinds at the pass-through window to see if I can see an animal or something. Nothing.

A few more minutes and tap tap... rustle... tap tap. :unsure: It really sounds like someone is right outside my sliding glass door and I'm starting to get freaked out. Finally, I turn on the balcony light and open the vertical blinds, with the phone in my hand, ready to call 911 if Jason or Freddie are out there! Nothing. Then I see something twitching on the balcony. It was a freaking HUGE - I'm talking a good 2 inches long - cicada!! YUCK!!! He was stuck on his back, kind of wedged in between the boards of the balcony floor, and then suddenly managed to flip himself back over - and run head first into my sliding glass door again... tap tap. :rolleyes:

:hysterical: Oh Anna just imagine the embarassment if you had called 911! Reminds me of a time when my sister and I were at home by ourselves (late teens) and the wind blew a little plastic ornament off the window sill to bounce on the sink and then down to the floor. We drew straws to see who would go investigate first, with the other one clutching at her back. We laughed hysterically for quite a while after, I can tell you!!

LBFCA's Final Four! ISY vs. BOTW; and AI3 Solitaire vs. AIW. I have a feeling I know which one will win eventually...

Wow, look at that final 4. ISY, BOTW, Solitaire and AIW. I know there is some grand question in there about the fandom and what it likes yet there is always the constant chatter about what Clay needs to sing to be the biggest and the baddest but I'm too sleepy to find it so I'll just say...

:Iluvclaysbutt:

Muski..hugs to you and your family.

I don't know nuthin' 'bout no hair dye......yet. Although the gray is starting to creep in, fo' sho'. :cryingwlaughter:

I haven't been keeping up with the Broads, but I enjoyed watching those 4 videos this morning. As technically perfect as the AI performances were, I just had to vote for the two live performances. He expresses so much more emotion when he sings live to an adoring audience of Claymates, instead of the tv cameras. ;)

cha cha, thanks for the link. Interesting instruments and costume. And how nice for you that your kids will branch out to try ethnic foods. Other than Vietnamese (which has become a staple for us) my kids rarely try anything new, and Indian, well, they have their backs up on that one and they won't budge. Ah well, their loss.

Happy Birthday merrieeee!

I hope you have a wonderful day!

:bliss2-1: :cake: :EmoticonRingAround: :2164: :confetti-1:

Gray hair! Mine's been gray for a long, long time. Never colored it. I wear it as a badge of living my life on my terms and I've been very lucky to be able to do so. :thdom2:

Kids eating different foods - my three boys were all so different. The pickest one was my middle son. He was actually as a teenager my biggest child, but hated everything but very simple food. His staple was pizza(only peperonni), chicken nuggets, canned spaghetti, and mac and cheese. When he went to college I had no idea what he would eat, vegetables were out of the question, and the only fruit he liked was strawberries. He survived and now has broaden his choices and actually does some cooking. He is living in Florida and in the last year at holiday times has called to ask cooking questions. Last Thanksgivng called about making a turkey, Christmas called about cooking a ham, and this spring called me about making rack of lamb, which I could not answer, because I have never cooked lamb. So I guess they do grow up and change.

I love live Clay so my choices in the contest tend to veer that way. I had a hard time with ISY and BOTW because I loved both. Went with ISY because he looked so great singing that song. AIW sounds so great and I loved it when he hit that note, but he did make some faces that night. He was concentrating so hard that night. When you watch him sing it now he is so more relaxed, the fear of not hitting the note is gone.

Off to my first day of bowling. The first day we have to hit last year average. I have not bowled for 3 months and have to hit a 148 average, I am thinking that may not happen. On my way there have to drop my car with only 6,000 miles on at the Dealer, my air bag light keeps coming on telling me I have a problem.

:bday2: :bday2:

Merieeee

GAH...I am turning into a lurker on my own board....(I mean couchies...hee) but working 6 to 8 hours online really puts a strain on the eyes and by the time I let myself read the board...too tired to even respond.

Muski...glad to hear your MIL is on the mend.

Gray hair...hmmm the last time I had my hair professionally colored we chose a color leaning towards a red tint...with my dark hair...the gray turned into highlights...very cool.

:7254: to merrieeee!

I remember meeting Miss merrieeee last year in Houston, and I remember distinctly the day after meeting her -- Tulsa. We met up after the busline that night...and her grin was HUGE. She could not wipe the smile off her face. I loved that....

:7252:

Look up! I'm skywriting! Wheeeeeeee!!!

Happy Birthday, merrieeee!!

I went with the two live performances, myself. There's just something about that ISY that gets me every time. It still makes me tingle when I watch it. I swear every time I do watch......a few of those (well covered but they do exist) gray hairs actually turn back to their natural dark brown.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Good Morning Everyone,

Happy Birthday Merrieeee!

gbmifan Hubby and I start bowling tomorrow night; thankfully we just start over with our averages every year...mine usually hovers around 130.

15 Days until "Spam, Wonderful, Spam"!

:woohoo:

23 Days until Clay is Partying with Paula!

:woohoo:

44 Days until The BAF Gala! :woohoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Wishing you a verra :bday: merrieeee!

Good morning.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MERRIEEEE

thHappy-Birthday-1.jpg

Ohhhhhh - Children with food issues. My son's g-friend's daughter is one of the pickiest eaters EVAH! But in her case we (son and I) think it's a control issue! She's a brat. Total, complete, tantrum-throwing, loud-screaming, foot-kicking, arms windmilling little brat! She will only eat Mac & Cheese for dinner. If it doesn't arrive exactly when she wants it she pitches a fit - doesn't matter where she is. They can't take her to restaurants or to dinner at other folks' houses. I see my son grit his teeth and I see her mother treat her like a 3 year old instead of the wise ol' manipulating 7 year old that she is! There are lots of problems there. But....I remain silent. Hard to believe, I know, but I stay far away from that mess. I don't think I ever knew a kid that didn't have some food dislikes but they do generally grow out of them eventually. All I can think is "please don't marry her, please don't marry her, please don't marry them!"

Clay content - none. Wish he'd blog or something. But pretty pictures always are nice, too.

vegas.jpg

Good Morning!!

I'm making my list.

Checking in twice.

Just in case Hanna is

Naughty not nice!

heh

Off to the grocery shortly to stock up. But nothing refrigerated!

No generator yet. DH just couldn't quite justify nearly $800 at this point. We'll see what he decides tonight or tomorrow.

Here's my prediction:

Ike is going to get us worse than Hanna even though Hanna is projected to be a direct hit. Ike seems to be aiming for Florida but is a much bigger storm (CAT4 right now) so I'm betting peripheral rain and winds from him could be more trouble for us on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Even if we don't lose power - we have satellite tv so we need to stock up on movies! We do have a battery powered little DVD player. Better hunt up the backgammon board or something!

No Clay going on right now - so - gotta have some kind of excitement! I guess Hanna and Ike will provide that!

rollercoasterx.gif

I don't know nuthin' 'bout no hair dye......yet. Although the gray is starting to creep in, fo' sho'. :cryingwlaughter:

Speaking of hair coloring, it's time to go buy another box of L'Oreal Preference #8½ A! I think it's been close to 20 years I've been using that. It always seems to fade at the temples first tho. I start to notice it in photographs first, shining like a beacon, saying "Buy More Hair Color!"

I haven't been keeping up with the Broads, but I enjoyed watching those 4 videos this morning. As technically perfect as the AI performances were, I just had to vote for the two live performances. He expresses so much more emotion when he sings live to an adoring audience of Claymates, instead of the tv cameras. ;)

I haven't kept up either... but it's fun to watch all those performances again. Can't wait to see him LIVE ON STAGE again!!

cha cha, thanks for the link. Interesting instruments and costume. And how nice for you that your kids will branch out to try ethnic foods. Other than Vietnamese (which has become a staple for us) my kids rarely try anything new, and Indian, well, they have their backs up on that one and they won't budge. Ah well, their loss.

lucky - it's kind of the other way around! The kids are the ones who introduce us old farts to new kinds of food! I never had much Indian food before, and I had certainly never had Thai food. We've even had _____ food - GAH! I can't even remember what kind that was! I'll try almost anything once or twice, even sushi, which isn't a total favorite, but I'd eat it if I was starving!! We live in a pretty diverse area, and there are tons of restaurants with any kind of food you'd want. Peruvian, Vietnamese, Thai, Indian, Brazillian Steak Houses... although the kids are vegetarian and wouldn't set foot in that one!!

BTW - I was sorry to hear about the theft of your ipod, and I'm glad you got a new one. I can't travel without mine either. I found a neat little sleeve that sticks in the a/c vent on the dash. When I get out of the car, I just unplug it and throw it in my bag. Got another one that's a little pocket for my cell phone and glasses. (Sears Automotive) I love little gadgets like that!

:hello: to ausdon! backatcha!

You'll appreciate this. We finally got a GPS a few months ago, and tested it out to find our daughter's place downtown. It's a really good way to keep mrchach from turning the wrong way down one-way streets!! :hysterical:

TG for kim's countdowns! I was lying in bed this morning trying to figure out how many days it would be til SPAM!!!

thBirthdayCakeClay.gifhappybirthday21gi.gif

merrieeee!!!

13 years old, huh? I thought you had to admit to having gray hair in order to qualify for being a member of this board.... no? :lmaosmiley-1:

Well, I sure hope you don't have to admit to gray hair to be on this board, cuz I don't have any! I color my hair so that it's the same color it was when I was young, but my roots show no gray at all. I was extremely blonde as a child, but it turned darker as I got older, so I color it blonde. I do it myself, and I also add lowlights to make it look more natural. I just can't see the point of paying someone else big bucks to do something I can do as well myself!

Cotton, stay safe! I'm hoping that both storms calm down quite a bit before they reach you.

My younger daughter is extremely picky with her eating habits. She's 14, and eats more variety than she did when she was younger, but is still very picky. I fix meals that the rest of us will like, and if she likes it too, great. If not, she's on her own to find food. We do stock the fridge with nutritious stuff she will eat, but I don't fix it. That's her responsibility.

Happy Birthday, merrieeee!!

:bday:

I'm missing this guy, and I'm looking forward to Spam reports in a couple of weeks!

Jnat2006WOW-1.jpg