#45: He Owns Us...

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.
    • How come I didn't notice before that he is so cute? Why didn't someone tell me?
    • Clay was a revelation, like fire and music
    • OMG...is this guy CUTE or WHAT?!?!?!?
    • Clay didn't just come out, he kicked down the door.
    • I think Clay Aiken is pretty special
    • Clay Aiken: High Priest of Hotness
    • Dear God: You do good work.
    • The man is priceless!
    • Clay really is a treasure.
    • Adorable times two!

aikim, try this website and see if it helps...

luckiest, I'm so glad you had a great time last night! WOOHOO! Sending you virtual warmth...

Have fun this weekend Thankful...

I guess I didn't read the OFC thread carefully enough. I still think it's probably rather harmless though...

Defenders? Oh no -- the Mommies will be out in full force again!! AACK!

OTOH...by US discussing the...uh...hour long waste of TV time tonight...damn, it's a whole circular thing. I'm including me in this, just because yeah, I'm discussing it here just by bringing this up. As much as it's hard to ignore the people who can't ignore what Clay said -- I think tonight will be one of those nights when I will have to try my darndest.

And if anyone understood that last paragraph, please let me know. I'm not sure if I did myself, and I wrote it.

:::need more coffee:::

Wow, there are so many FCAers coming this weekend, we should have done a dinner or something!

I've never met you but I think I might recognize you in person. I have met Scarlett but I'm not sure if she remembers me. I'd be happy to meet up for a lunch or dinner, but I don't like to be pushy. If anyone would like to meet, send me a PM here. I'll have my laptop with me. It's also okay if you don't want to meet up. I don't mind being alone.

Muski, if I do SRO, I'll let you know how that goes. The weather here is awful and I heard it's bad in New York, so who knows how long it will take me to get there.

The weather here is awful and I heard it's bad in New York, so who knows how long it will take me to get there.

Safe travels to you and any other FCA'ers on their way to NYC! :canfly:

:snoopy: iTunes had the music from "A Charlie Brown Christmas" on sale, and I'm listening to it at my desk. It's nice and mellow and brings back such vivid childhood memories. Anybody else remember the Dolly Madison commercials that always ran with the Peanuts holiday specials?

Thankful! Have a blast...and tell me how winging it for SRO works, too, 'kay? :lilredani:

luckiest---stay dry and keep those reports coming!

I'll just steal muski's post since she said what I was going to say eggs.act.ly. :cryingwlaughter:

aikim, try this website and see if it helps...

luckiest, I'm so glad you had a great time last night! WOOHOO! Sending you virtual warmth...

Have fun this weekend Thankful...

I guess I didn't read the OFC thread carefully enough. I still think it's probably rather harmless though...

Defenders? Oh no -- the Mommies will be out in full force again!! AACK!

OTOH...by US discussing the...uh...hour long waste of TV time tonight...damn, it's a whole circular thing. I'm including me in this, just because yeah, I'm discussing it here just by bringing this up. As much as it's hard to ignore the people who can't ignore what Clay said -- I think tonight will be one of those nights when I will have to try my darndest.

And if anyone understood that last paragraph, please let me know. I'm not sure if I did myself, and I wrote it.

:::need more coffee:::

ldyj... I understood what you are saying... sorta, kinda, a little bit. :cryingwlaughter:

luckiest... you give good recap!!! I am totally excited that Gerswhip was the peasant lady... she does so much for the fandom, she deserves it in spades.

I have the pic of Clay and Reed at Rosie's Gala on my screen. It just makes me grin to see it. I know it might not be true, but what makes me happy is that he is now free to openly have a relationship and that's exactly as it should be. I'm so happy for him being free that I could burst... but won't! :cryingwlaughter:

Good morning! So far it isn't raining, thank goodness! At least, I don't see anyone with umbrellas out my window. Last night, walking up 7th Ave towards the subway, it was insane! Wall to wall people with umbrellas. Do you know how difficult that is? :cryingwlaughter: I guess I'm just not used to the sheer volume of people on the sidewalks. Quite different from home.

Thankful4Clay, I sent you a PM.

So far, we've had brekky down in the hotel restaurant, and are chilling out for a bit. I am debating between the Central Park Zoo and walking down 5th ave to see the window displays, and going to Rockefeller Centre "Top of the Rock" and the NBC Studio tour. I'll probably make up my mind on the walk to the subway, when I find out just how cold and windy it is out there. Looks cold and windy (but not cold by Canadian standards, if you know what I mean ;) ).

Re: the comments about missing the Christmas tour. I understand, because originally I had booked off these two December days as my last two vacations days of the year, with the intent of driving to a couple of Christmas shows. I expected that there'd be some. But you know what? I think "we" are SO spoiled. Since 2004 Clay has been touring the country, putting on shows that were relatively easy for most of us to get to, at some point or another. He really went to great lengths to entertain us, to keep us happy (although I'm sure he enjoyed himself as well). But now, while he's not out there touring in different states, he's still out there, every night, giving his all. Difference is we have to come to him, and he's not singing Christmas songs. But I tell you, last night, those two glorious syllables of a-men were amazing. I know not everyone has the means to be able to travel to NYC, I know it's tough economic times, I know people have family commitments to think of. But if there is any way you can get to NYC before January 4th, even if you have to jump through a few hoops to do it (and I sure did!) I urge you to do it. You will not be sorry. It's magical at the Shubert. Just standing in Shubert Alley last night before the show, eating at John's, and then waiting in the lobby before they opened the doors at 7:30 was magical. The show was amazing. I kept telling myself to soak it all up, because it's almost over. And we don't know what's next. Not that I don't believe that the best is yet to come, because I do. But we also need to savour the now. IMO, YMMV, and all that stuff. :)

C101! (that's Jewish for ciao :P )

luckiest1 -- ITA on missing concert Clay and yet knowing how much has given us in the past. I'm just thankful that I can go to NYC in a few weeks (WHEEEE!). For those who can't, just know that I will send Clay as much love as I can from me FOR you. Truly. Anyway, luckiest, I'm so glad you're having a great time, and you give good recap!

I know we have a thread for this already...but can people recommend places to eat in NYC (along with locations)? I need to look up John's Pizza -- do I need reservations? How close is it to the Shubert? The cheesecake makes Juniors a given, and I do know where that is. Hubby and I are staying in Times Square (got a decent deal through Priceline -- still more than I've ever spent on a hotel though), and will be looking for other places to eat. couchie, why do you like Carmine's so much? How close is it to Times Square?

luckiest1 - Great recaps - thank you! Hope your weekend continues to be just as great. :) Since you're there, don't miss the windows on 5th Avenue and Rockefeller Centre. It's absolutely beautiful at night, especially when you look from Rockefeller back through the "laneway" to Saks 5th Avenue.

Haven't seen any E! promos since I wouldn't have the channel on my television screen if you paid me. I do hope that people can resist the need to defend - he's asked us enough different ways now - and just ignore it. I know it won't happen, but I can hope! Haven't seen a word or pic of any of the tabloid shit thus far (know it exists, but I haven't ever looked at any of it) and don't intend to start with this one.

I was channel surfing on Wed. night and that piece of crap on E! will not be broadcast in my area of Ontario until next week, on December 17th. I'm not surprised, since we get delayed air dates for a lot of programs. Our E! channel was formerly a Hamilton, Ontario station, so it might have different air dates around the country.

I'm only glad there are lots Christmas specials that people will probably be watching instead!

ldyj, Sardi's (expensive), Carmine's (never been there) and John's Pizzeria (6 slice pizza, large caesar salad, soft drinks, and dessert was under $50) are all directly across the street from the front doors of the Shubert. When we got to John's around 5:00, we walked right in and were seated immediately (although it was pretty busy). However, when we were leaving, it was lined up and people were talking about wishing they'd made reservations.

I am sure my list of affordable places to eat might not be the same as your wants and needs, but here are the ones I marked down as possibilities, from surfing around the boards:

Carnegie Deli 854 Seventh Ave at 55th

Yoshinoya (Japanese fast food) 255 W 42nd St

The Food Emporium 49th St & 8th Ave (gourmet cafeteria)

Bella Vita (pizza served as slices) 43rd between Broadway & 8th Ave

And of course, there's the ever popular (and cheap) McDonalds! :P

A large salad with interesting bread and drinks was $25

Fear. "interesting" bread? :huh:

Interesting? :blink:

BWAH! :cryingwlaughter:

And luckiest, loved this:

It's magical at the Shubert. Just standing in Shubert Alley last night before the show, eating at John's, and then waiting in the lobby before they opened the doors at 7:30 was magical. The show was amazing. I kept telling myself to soak it all up, because it's almost over. And we don't know what's next. Not that I don't believe that the best is yet to come, because I do. But we also need to savour the now. IMO, YMMV, and all that stuff

Thanks for all the suggestions! Fear, that salad deal sounds really good, and I'm thinking that I may be able to convince my husband to have the sushi (because we can't get sushi around here).

Are we on a new page yet? This is for annabear, and me too -- he looks so adorable in this picture, I can't stop looking at it...

HannahClayReedFriends.jpg

Thanks for all the suggestions! Fear, that salad deal sounds really good, and I'm thinking that I may be able to convince my husband to have the sushi (because we can't get sushi around here).

Are we on a new page yet? This is for annabear, and me too -- he looks so adorable in this picture, I can't stop looking at it...

Oh, definitely add ME to that list of admirers of this particular pic of Clay...it's right up there with my faves of all time.

Oh, definitely add ME to that list of admirers of this particular pic of Clay...it's right up there with my faves of all time.

Clay is absolutely gorgeous in this photo! He radiates happiness and looks so relaxed and comfortable. I just love it!!!

:BlowKiss: to ldyj!

:flirtysmile3: to that CUTE blond guy on the left!

ETA: Because I was "sleep reading" earlier this morning... :rolleyes:

Great recap, luckiest! Glad you & your son are having fun. Hope the rain stays away today so you can enjoy your sightseeing. :clap:

Safe travels, Thankful4Clay! :canfly:

Sometimes getting Google blogs alerts works really well...

According to this blog, there's a new website coming called Speakaboos. It's an online story site for kids, with readalouds done by celebrities. Clay is on their list of celebrities but his page says "Coming Soon." I don't think they are going to be using "The Ugly Duckling," because they already have that done by Cady Huffman. It may be the Arthur story he did, though. Something to keep an eye on, it MAY be some new clack.

Surely I can't be the only one not to have heard the so-called rumours about Clay and dates. I consider myself a fairly intense fan and yet I missed it all. Who's been holding out on me?

Don't look at me, I'm usually the last to know anything. I must be going to the wrong boards, and I apparently have no connections.

Surely I can't be the only one not to have heard the so-called rumours about Clay and dates. I consider myself a fairly intense fan and yet I missed it all. Who's been holding out on me?

Don't look at me, I'm usually the last to know anything. I must be going to the wrong boards, and I apparently have no connections.

Hell, I'm one of the admins on this board, and I have zilch connections. Don't tend to stray much away either.

And that's fine by me. I like having no connections. Way less pressure.

bottle -- BWAH!

*adjusts tin foil hat for better reception*

I honestly don't give a damn. I've never been that interested in Clay's personal life that I listen to all the latest gossip. I'm usally the last to know. And considering the fake clay stuff I'm actually pretty glad about that. When it hits the public domain then yeah I'm all over it.

ETA: LOL bottle... now I know who to bug if I ever do want info.