#45: He Owns Us...

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.
    • How come I didn't notice before that he is so cute? Why didn't someone tell me?
    • Clay was a revelation, like fire and music
    • OMG...is this guy CUTE or WHAT?!?!?!?
    • Clay didn't just come out, he kicked down the door.
    • I think Clay Aiken is pretty special
    • Clay Aiken: High Priest of Hotness
    • Dear God: You do good work.
    • The man is priceless!
    • Clay really is a treasure.
    • Adorable times two!

Well, I was all prepared to write a long ass post about The E True Hollywood Story, but Keepingfaith pretty much did it for me.

So I'll just say, I liked it and probably would watch it again. It was very complimentary to Clay and I think non-fans would be very impressed.

Kim

I was fooling around with the edit function on photobucket, and found a button that will take this:

This one I really liked:

AIWLarge-1.jpg

That reminds me of this:::::

beatles68COLLAGE.jpg

kf - I loved your post about the EHTS show - I totally agree with your analysis. I've heard comments from several places saying that agree with you also - that it was ALL GOOD!

I particularly liked this part from your conclusion:

Clay didn't just come out, he kicked down the door.

I think this would make a marvelous thread title!!

:BlowKiss:

Hee!! bottle found a new toy! Since you like that kind of effect, maybe you'd like this wallpaper I made many moons ago!

I'm begging again - does anybody have a decent sized jpg of the Walmart OMWH cover?

I have one that's 500x500.....does that help??

omwh-altcover.jpg

Hey, all, back at the hotel after another busy NYC day. Today we did the Spam matinee and Top of the Rock tonight (plus dinner with some lovely FCA ladies). I see Scarlett has taken over my recap duties (wheeeeeeeeee, thanks :) ) so I will just say that it was wonderful, and the whole mishap with Bedevere's mustache was pretty hilarious. Clay sang us another simple, but gorgeous amen, and he shimmied all the way down to the floor as the curtain closed. I was having my usual, last-time-I-am-going-to-see-him-for-a-while moment, so it was kind of cool that he seemed to want to see us for as long as possible as well. ;) It was hard to bid good bye to the Shubert. I know he's still going to be there until the 4th, but I won't be. I look forward to whatever he has in store for us in the New Year.

We waited at the stage door for a while (it was bloody freezing, that alley is a freaking wind tunnel) but we were informed by security that he wasn't coming out because the cold & wind is not good for his voice. Not surprising, really, and I sure don't blame him. I was bundled up, had my long johns & mitts on and was still cold as ice!

Top of the Rock was v.v. cool. My son is a bit afraid of heights so it was pretty amazing that he got his nerve up and came with me. We took the stairs up to the highest deck, so we got some cool pictures without any glare from the flash on the glass barricades. We managed to take a couple of pictures of the Rockefeller Centre Christmas tree on the way out, but the pedestrian traffic in that area is seriously insane. I mean, they had the street closed so people could walk. I have never seen so many people in my life as I have seen this weekend.

*waves to Thankful4Clay, justclay12 & friend* Hope everyone enjoys tonight's Spamalot performance, and shows Clay the love! We are off to the airport in the morning.

I was fooling around with the edit function on photobucket, and found a button that will take this:

This one I really liked:

AIWLarge-1.jpg

That reminds me of this:::::

beatles68COLLAGE.jpg

Thanks for that, bottle and chach! When I first saw it I was on the verge of thinking ... what does that remind me of? ... and before I could form the thought, you had it! I love that. :lilredani:

cha cha... I'm babysitting and not on my own computer or that WalMart cd cover would have been saved 1.5 seconds after seeing it. That is GORGEOUS and for some reason I don't remember seeing that good of a version of it at the time.

Remind me why I agreed to watch a 3.5 yr. old for 2.5 days... oh, ya... she's my DGD #2. She has changed clothes 20 times in a day and a half, insisting on doing it herself. Wqtched Horton Saves a Who twice, Ant Bully twice, and is currently watching Madagascar for the third time. We built a block empire and glued sequins, beads and feathers on a sheet of paper. I am exhausted and still have till 6pm tomorrow. Whew!

Here's an album cover I'm rather partial to:

11633441.jpg

Oh Lord, now I've gotten into my photobucket -- and I have 59 albums of Clay categorized. Once I get in there I'm done for the night.

OMWH_Yahoo_02_t-1.jpg

benihana.jpg

thetonightshow20060915-04.jpg

Indio217610597-M.jpg

Pic055fsn.jpg

IMG_0856cr.jpg

virgincd-40.jpg

TheEyesPicture.jpg

Clayparties2020ct.jpg

GAH1-1.jpg

AND WITH APOLOGIES TO MERRIEEEE!

IMG_0085.jpg

merrieeee, do you still have Zuzu's petals? I do.

Well, I finally made it home and am exhausted but it was a great day. I so enjoyed spending time with luckiest and son, and thankful. It was so much fun.

And Bedevere's mustache falling off was hysterical. Rick's comment also cracked me up. They all seemed to be really feeling it today because it just seemed so fun. I even liked the king and lotl this time. Both of them seemed to have become more comfortable with their parts and working with the rest of the cast.

Wish I could remember more but I'm like you Couchie. Can't remember anything when it comes to Clay. Then again, I can't remember anything any other time either.

And boy, is that one good looking dude on these pages.

Home Sweet Home!

Just got home from Calgary after a 4-hr flight delayed 1 hr because of snow, wind and cold temperatures. When I left Calgary it was -23, -44 with the wind chill; that's 47 below for you Fahrenheit'ers. :) Good GAWD!! it was cold! I am never, EVER, living there EVER again!!!

Thanks for posting the youtube links to the ETrue thingy....I enjoyed them! Hope to be able to watch it on my teevee tomorrow, if it's still running.

For now~off to bed.

We went to see "Australia" tonight.... ( I always want to spell it "Austrailia" for some reason!) - it was really great. I was somewhat skeptical of a 2.75 hour movie, but I never felt that it dragged or that it was too long or thinking "WHEN will this be over????!"

OMG - Hugh Jackman looked FABulous - especially when he was clean-shaven and dressed up! He reminded me of Cary Grant! GAH!

Can't wait to see what cindilu comes up with from the CD cover pic - I hope you are going to share, cindi!!!

Good Morning Everyone,

21 Days (3 weeks!) until The Closing Night of Spamalot! :cry:

43 Days until Golfing For Inclusion! :yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Additional matinee report (11/13):

At the end of the NotYetDead scene, as he was riding on the cart he alternately kicked his right and left legs while slapping alternating knees in time. Too cute!

His torch dance looked like he was shaking his booty at the torch girl who was right behind him. My companion called it a cross between a thrust and a shimmy.

During the God scene, he pointed towards the sky as he talks about "a quail!". He started doing this during the matinee and in the evening show, he emphasized it even more --like pointing, "There's one! And there goes another one!"

The monk who spins the nun was new and he was handling her very gingerly. I think at one point he almost dropped her and ended up with fewer spins. During the evening show, the monk&nun were more energetic and Clay ended up putting both feet on the table to avoid getting hit.

Taunter scene -- Clay kept reacting to what Rick said, eg. holding his nose after "fart in your general direction". On the evening show, he rubbed his bottom for a long time after "boil your bottoms".

His tunic slit which was already higher during this 2nd Spam run seems to be even higher today. Let me compare it to a skirt -- on Spam1 if you were wearing a skirt at the same relative height on you as the slit is on him, it would still be a pretty decent mini skirt that you could wear to casual event. At the start of Spam2, it would be very revealing mini-skirt because it only reached the very tippy top of your leg, like something that would come with a Halloween costume for a hooker. Last night it would have been impossible to call it a skirt because it would have been a couple of inches above the top of your legs - a very wide belt or sash, perhaps?

LOL sang "Single Ladies" both on the matinee and the evening show.

On Knights of the Round table, he was back in the middle of the floor again. During thanksgiving weekend, he was on one of the dice like the time last spring when Hannah hurt her leg. I don't know if Merle also hurt something last month but things are back to normal now and Clay seems to be reveling at being back in the center during this part of the show, using that chance to ham around while still doing the same basic choreography.

The matinee show was fun for me because it seemed like because of the people changes, they were re-figuring out how to mesh together and (to me) it made the show more exciting to watch. They figure things out quickly, though, since by the evening show it seemed like folks were more settled in their roles.

Thanks for the recaps. Sounds like a great time was had by all. Safe travels luckiest and son , thankful and Scarlett.

I want to publicly thank ncgran4clay and her friend Cam for working at WFI yesterday. They are fantastic wrappers, not to mention very nice people. We are so greatful for their help. And I finally met some FCAers in my area. :hello:

I feel like I should be writing this post all in green, cuz I'm soooooooooo jellus of all you lucky Spam-goers! Yes, I know I've seen it umpteen times. Whatsyerpoint???? :cryingwlaughter: I wanna see it again! Alas, it's not to be this time. I love reading your recaps - they are so refreshing and I can feel the excitement!

Thanks to all who provided me the Walmart cover shot - it was the actual cd cover I needed. Nothing so fun as a wallpaper though... we have our first project in our web design course, and I bet you can guess what my subject is. LOL! Outed myself in the second week of school! :loveclaysbutt:

Thanks for the recaps. Sounds like a great time was had by all. Safe travels luckiest and son , thankful and Scarlett.

I want to publicly thank ncgran4clay and her friend Cam for working at WFI yesterday. They are fantastic wrappers, not to mention very nice people. We are so greatful for their help. And I finally met some FCAers in my area. :hello:

It was great fun! So nice to meet you. :thbighug-1:

It was 50 degrees and sunny here yesterday. This morning it's a brisk 16 w/a howling wind. Oy.

---

Haven't watched the ETHS yet. I may. I may not. The descriptions I've read pretty much are what I expected. I don't know if I've ever sat through a whole show before but have seen enough snips here and there to get the gist of what they do. It sure sounds like they came up against that protective brick wall that surrounds Clay. Hee. I wonder if they originally thought they would do all the wonderful with gushing fans and friends and coworkers and then hit with the big shocking behind the scenes notsowonderful but then had to switch gears when the only people who would talk to them were a few creepazoids? Maybe they found themselves in the position of having to build him up when their intention was to tear him down. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Eh. But I have no trust for the media in any form so don't mind me. :hahaha:

Mornin' FCA!

I watched the ETHS links before going to bed last night. What a wonderful bedtime story. It was just fun to watch, and he looked so good in so many of the clips. I didn't care if it was low-budget. The only part that made me raise my eyebrows was the guy (sorry, have no idea who he was) that said "He has no more announcements to make. This is Gilligan getting off the island". Hmmm....He almost made it sound as though the only reason people were interested in Clay was because of the questions regarding his sexuality, and that now that he's out no one will be interested in him anymore. Weird. How about being interested in the fact that he's a great singer, a wonderful entertainer, etc?

Ricky is soooo sweet. :)

We loved meeting you, Pam & Terra as well. It was fun!! We really have some dedicated Clay fans that support his causes. Can't wait to help out again!!

Saw on another board that the "National Enquirer" is going belly up!! :yahoo: This includes the "STAR" & several others. I'll be sending baby Jesus a few prayers for this to happen. Boy, karma can be a bitch!!

FCA'ers at WFI yesterday!! :thbighug-1:

ETA Cam, I see you up there!!