#46: Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Ain't it grand? We've come a long way babee!
    • I love quirky Clay Aiken
    • Fascinating, outrageous Clay. Give me more. I want more.
    • The twisty tie confuses me EVERYtime
    • Still hotness after all these years!!
    • All that said - Orchestra, Band, Kazoo, Bongos, a capella - I'm there. Just sing for us, baby!!
    • If he's singing, I'm there, no matter what, no matter where!
    • As long as he wears his smile all is well
    • That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

oooh, Gibby! I'd forgotten about those piano pictures....heh. And that makes me remember a certain story I told back in my story-telling days...yessirreeeee....I believe it was called "Piano Man"??? Yeppers, a four parter (three? five?) inspired by that series of piano pics....ah, those were the days.. :cryingwlaughter:

What fun! Clay and his 'entourage' (per CV report) in Greensboro watching Ruben, Frenchie and Trenyce! Kewl....I hope they go back to Raleigh to party in Clay's 50's diner-themed playroom...it's fun to imagine that.

gulp

Didn't he have a pool table in that room?

er.... :huh:

Now my imagination is just being ridiculous. :blush: excuse me while I take a moment.... B)

:thjawdrop:

Gibby are you trying to killz me??? 'Cause, if you are, you almost succeeded!

5 Stubble!Clay pictures? Well, the one's a beard!Clay picture, but I'll lump it in. May I just say :hubbahubba: :hubbahubba: :hubbahubba:?

My offering seems so small now... ataleoftwocitiespremier.jpg

As for what you win for being at the top of the page--apparently it's a lifetime supply of Stubble!Clay! Because I'm gonna die now. :dead-1:

ETA: What on Earth is being done to him in the third picture?

What do you win if you are at the top of the page?

If you only knew... :hahaha:

I am a little afraid

maybe I better off not knowing

Back when the board wasn't as busy ... the top of the page post could get very lonely. Sometimes we had to entertain ourselves up there.

:hangin:

I don't know I thought the prize was going to be something "dirty"

I am a little afraid

Back when the board wasn't as busy ... the top of the page post could get very lonely. Sometimes we had to entertain ourselves up there.

I don't know I thought the prize was going to be something "dirty"

*iz briefly resurrected*

Well, if it was muskifest alone at the top of the page... I bet it was! :cryingwlaughter: (Or if it was any of the other resident smutters, you know... *eyes them*)

*looks at the Stubble!Clay and diez again*

Clayzy, wish I could help with bringing that pic over but I haven't bothered to learn how to do pics unless I steal them from some other board, which I just found out is hotlinking and is frowned on. So for anyone here at FCA, if I've ever stolen any of your pictures from somewhere, I apologize.

I think the picture she was referring to is the b/w pic with Hannah where he looks tipsy/horny/sleepy, take your pick. It was just one moment in time so there is really nothing that can be told from it, at least from his perspective. From my perspective, he looked damn hot and sexy.

That pic was taken during the last concert of the JBT series. Clay was forever pulling pranks and jokes on Angela and Quiana, so they decided to get back at him during the last concert. He's sitting and trying to sing, and they are pulling on his nose, trying to take away his mic, etc. etc., but he gets back at them! I'll have to look for the video clack and give you a link - it's HILARIOUS. It makes me ROTFLOL!!

ETA:

a link to the clip on you tube. The silliness shown in the pic starts around 3:18.

I've been ordered to get rid of and to stop all the Clay memorabilia collecting. Per husband.

((((Clayzorback)))), just goes to show we never really know what's going on with someone in their private lives. I'm very sorry to hear this, not because you're parting with 'things', but because you are feeling pressured by your husband to do so. This touches a flaming raw nerve for me. If you really don't want to part with what is rightfully yours, maybe a friend could store these items for you temporarily. I may pare down my 'things' in the near future...but if I do, it will be my preference and choice, not because a domestic tyrant put his heavy foot down.

That pic was taken during the last concert of the JBT series. Clay was forever pulling pranks and jokes on Angela and Quiana, so they decided to get back at him during the last concert. He's sitting and trying to sing, and they are pulling on his nose, trying to take away his mic, etc. etc., but he gets back at them! I'll have to look for the video clack and give you a link - it's HILARIOUS. It makes me ROTFLOL!!

ETA:

a link to the clip on you tube. The silliness show in the pic starts around 3:18.

Thanks, Gibby! I might have to save it for later, though... my house doesn't have central heating and the room I'm in is being heated by a kerosene heater with many, many fumes. I think I better head out, starting to get a headache.

And death by kerosene fumes just wouldn't be as fun as death by Stubble!Clay. :D

What does a non-drinker look like?

She was saying give examples of things

earlier in Clay career he said he didn't drink I seem to remember a quote in his book something about bars only being for people looking for sex.

Then she thought he looked like he was drinking

she is just trying to work out feelings she has

obviously she posting here looking for support & trying to figure things out. I hope that she gets that :)

BTW, Amazon is giving away 664 songs! They are completely free. Amazon has included a huge variety of styles of music, so the likelihood of finding more than a couple of songs you want is pretty slim. But, it's a cool concept. You can listen to snippets of the song, and then can download the mp3s right from their site if you find something you like.

Free mp3s from Amazon

Clay's a many faceted guy. I can't even imagine what it would be like to know that every photograph of me ever taken was going to end up on the internet. As for what I would look like, or what people would think I was doing/thinking/feeling *shudders* People just cannot be camera-ready 24/7. It isn't possible. And if they were, what most people who knew them would think about them is how vain they are, always primping. But nothing I see in the collection of all this photos indicates to me some kind of out-of-control guy who has lost his moral center. As for bawdy, risque Clay, hello--glad you're finally realizing that facet of him; but he's no Akon, that's for sure. :hahaha: (tribeca, you might have to explain that one to her.) I also like that he always surprises.

KAndre sleepily opens one eye....looks around...sees a couple of new things and prepares to toss her considerably biased opinion in the mix. Because she can...

Hey Jaycee! I do see where you're coming from (and BTW, you've been doing it in a nice way). I have to agree with you - I think the public persona of Clay has changed/evolved since 2003...away from a sweet, almost-too-good-to-be-true kid to a more "regular guy"...and I do think that most of the fans currently posting do like the changes. I liked the early Clay a lot...but seem to have more in common with "regular guy" Clay (because sweet and almost-too-good-to-be true definitely ain't me) - but there's nothing wrong with missing early Clay.

Stereotyping, Asians, education and statistics? Oh man. A discussion of various cultural attitudes might be interesting though fraught with peril...I will say that applying statistics to personal anecdotes and extrapolating them to an extremely non-homogeneous group like "Asians" (which in the States includes everything from the Japanese Ainu to the Brahmins of India to the Mongols to the Filipinos) is really iffy.

Did anyone actually explain the RCA brouhaha? Shall I do it in my own special (and not particularly accurate but potentially entertaining) way? Oh, why the hell not!

At the end of Season 2, Clay who was still partially represented by Satan's spawn on earth 19-whatever-the-hell-letter-was-active-this-week, was signed to Old Nick himself, otherwise known as Clive Davis, who assigned Clay a part-time hell-hound with a really bad perm Roger something-Polish-looking. Roger hated Clay because the orgasm shampoo clearly worked to control Clay's glorious locks, but for a while Roger was willing to talk to some of Clay's fans before he found out how crazy they were. When the Clay fans couldn't hide the crazy anymore, Roger fled for his life or at least stopped talking to them, which gave the boards room to speculate like the untamed wenches they were. At some point, the speculation included that Clay somehow bitch-slapped Clive Davis and didn't go his party and then Clive made a pact with Beelzebub to destroy Clay after Clay finished 5 albums for RCA. And then RCA tried to make Claymates buy other people's records using some sort of bait-and-switch. And then some noisy wenches declared that they had inside info that Clay was all done with RCA, and people believed them - or at least until another album cam out under the RCA label. All I know is when I told Clay I asked one of his people if Clive Davis was evil incarnate, he just laughed his ass off. And that was back in '06 and he's been with RCA ever since.

This post is full of grammar and spelling and stuff. In case you didn't know.

:friends:

I wanted to tell you guys

today in the mail was my niece's Clay Spamalot poster.

Instead of being signed by just Clay the whole cast signed it :)

BUT

Clay's signature is way up at the top alone

and everyone else is way at the bottom

:wub: I already loved the Spamalot people, but this just makes me schmoopie.

I am a little afraid

Ah yes, the worse is when you'd be the last post of the night (at 11 pm or something), and it would be something inane and typically message board nonsense, and it would just sit up there alone all night. You'd be begging people to post something, anything, but preferably equally inane.

Crap. Yippee. At least it's a long one.

Doesn't mean there is anything wrong with this one, it just means that he is different then I thought he was.

Yeah, was this the theme for 2008 or what? "I'm doing Spamalot on Broadway; and by the way, I'm having a baby with Jaymes; and oh yeah, I'm gay; and now that that's out of the way, have you seen how hawt my boyfriend is?" It was a lot to process, and I'm personally glad all that news kind of got parceled out in bite-sized bits - otherwise I would have had a harder time with all the changes.

Wow, bottle, thanks for putting this all down so succinctly! Clay really did reveal a lot last year, didn't he? And I agree with you about the bite-sized pieces. I think the fandom might have completely imploded if all of that had been revealed at once!

Hey, I think it's time for some pictures! They show how our multi-facted boyfriend can be hawt, silly, or reverent, depending on the situation. No wonder we are all still fascinated by this complex, talented and charismatic man!

0190CL_O.jpg

toolthumbs3.jpg

toolthumbs4.jpg

Denvertongue.jpg

Jnat2006WOW-1.jpg

100_5430c1_5x7t_f.jpg

CloseupJNTstuble.jpg

57635726-L.jpg

hq_bostonschool07_tagged.jpg

328692452_x3XTk-L.jpg

filteredpianothud.jpg

thegreatestassofall.jpg

IMG_1352_tagged.jpg

Clay-2.jpg

We have to have this on this page again. So many facets. Very thoughtfully selected collection of photos. A few of you have heard me say this before, but when I first got online, back in 2003, I couldn't believe all the photos were of the same guy. 5 and a half years later, and there are thousands more "looks" or Clays. And 99% of them make me :flirtysmile3:

Jmh

Who do I have to explain it to? My mom?

I think you are the only one who read that post :)

it still makes me laugh.

BTW

I always enjoy your posts :)

Thanks! No, you might need to explain to Jaycee what the difference is between Akon and Aiken. (And maybe your mom too.) Clay may be bawdier and more worldly than she thought, but he's nothing like Akon. Or a bunch of other people in "the industry."

Clay never said he never drank. Early on he said he occasionally drank wine with meals but did not drink when around children because he was a teacher and wanted to set a good example. If he ever did say he was a non drinker I would expect it would be in the context of me being a non-drinker. I rarely drink but rarely is not never. However if you ask most of my friends or my grandchildren if I am a drinker they would say no because they have never seen be drink but have seen me turn a drink down.

Clay has always told people to not put him on a pedestal. Anyone who did was picking and choosing what to believe about Clay's words. If what he said or did fit a certain ideal it was accepted as true, if not it was rejected, sometimes through elaborate mental gymnastics. The Boobgate photoshop is an excellent example of how easy it was/is for people to only see what they want to see and how intricate the mental gymnastics could become.

There is also the little thing called an AI contract that clearly states the show had the right to tailor the 'story' of each contestant. Truth was not a required element of the construct.

Well I read that book many times

but anyway I never put anyone on a pedestal except my mom. Yes I am stupid & believed the first picture was fake. Had nothing to do with Clay just that fact that I am dumb.

But I have seen fans on other sites post things that were not "popular" and they were pushed away. I am not sure how to explain it. It just find it unfair at times.

I guess its a thin line between what is "pushing" someone away, what some people see as attacking..I see as disagreeing, having a discussion..ive always believed that discussion and even disagreeing is healthy...I hope people would feel comfortable disagreeing with me, I rarely see people being pushed away when other people see it...

I don't know when I wrote a blog about Clay

I had a lot of fans come there and post that they were pushed away. It wasn't this board that I was speaking of as I just found it here.

But I lurker ed on quite a few and read the archives & you can see that people were pushed away.

I am not talking about having a discussion. I really think you can tell the difference.

I remember that my heart jumped up in my throat when I saw the Boobgate picture---not because I didn't believe it was real, but because I thought, "OMG...he has a girlfriend. OMG...she's not me I!"

Then I LMAO! :cryingwlaughter: because it seemed so....Clay....to me. I could SOOO imagine him doing this. And I was sooooooo pissed that it wasn't me he was doing it to. :cry4:

But I remember the outrage and indignation among many then and the pages of posts PROVING that the pic was a photoshop, along with every imaginable convoluted line of rationalization that explained just why the pic could NOT be real. The people who made those posts truly, truly believed that Clay---the Clay they "knew"---would NEVER behave in such a way, and some were quite vicious toward those who had a different view of him. Likewise, they were the targets of some pretty mean things, too. Ugly time.

That picture of heavy-lidded Clay with Hannah? Yum. He seems verra, verra pleased to be in that picture, doesn't he? :tasty: I bet he's so much fun to be around....sigh.

I have been soooo busy that I barely get to catch up once a day any more, but in catching up today, I HAVE to say something...

The people who make up this board are FANTASTIC. The posts I've read have been interesting, well-thought-out, sensitive, and contain great pictures... :hubbahubba: I'm proud to be a member of FCA!!!

A lot of you have said that Clay hasn't changed. That may very well be true but I guess I wasn't seeing the real Clay, so to me he seems to have changed a lot. Doesn't mean there is anything wrong with this one, it just means that he is different then I thought he was. I will just have to deal with it, or not, but I do thank all of you for allowing me to get it out, it has helped.

Jaycee... I see what you mean. Clay IS different than presented on/around AI. He was a naive kid then. Of course he's different now. However, the main stuff... same man only better, IMO.

2003 - WWJD bracelet. 2007 - choked up singing Welcome to Our World = same man

2003 - loves children. 2008 - risks life in Somolia for the children = same man

2003 - doesn't swear. 2008 - says "Shit" in play and "Hell" on Jimmy Kimmel = loosened up as expanded his world = same man (to me)

2003 - doesn't drink. 200??? - have no idea, but never seen drunk in public = same man

2003 - sees with his heart. That has not changed at all in any way and what else does anyone need to know when looking at this man?

I agree that he feels freer to be himself now and I think that's a good thing, but I also think he has tried his best to remain the same basically good man he has always wanted to be... a man diametrically opposite to his birth father and his stepfather. He has succeeded.

Well, personally I'm not sure there's much of a change in the Clay who sat in a public restaurant BEFORE we knew who he was and wore a white chef's hat with 'Even my hand rejects me" on it, next to a friend with "I go both ways" and another friend with "I swallow" on their hats. (Where the hell IS that pic? Is that what the hats said?)...

I was reading something recently (nevermindwhat heh) in which a gay man was 'advising' a younger man who had just come to terms with his own homosexuality. He was telling the young guy about the ways in which he should 'be careful' in public. Things like "when your mom asks if you've been dating any special girl, be careful with the pronouns in your answer" and "when your male friends start making gay jokes or slurs, try to steer the conversation elsewhere or, if you feel confident with those friends, suggest that that kind of talk really isn't good, etc." This man went on to tell the young man about safe sex and how there's never a reason NOT to use a condom whenever he decides to hook up with someone. He also told the young man that until he was comfortable with everyone knowing his sexual orientation, he needed to make sure that his family and close friends couldn't see any real difference in his behavior....

...since he was from a Southern Baptist upbringing and around people who for generations were not exactly tolerant and accepting of homosexuals and other 'different' groups from what they considered themselves to be---the moral, upstanding, Bible-and-God-fearing "righteous" population.

!!!!

Wow. Now this particular example was NOT about Clay Aiken, but it could have been. And it made me think of all those years that Clay must've known about these 'rules', even if he had nobody to talk with about them. And how living that way---"always on parade" "will this glass house break" must have aged and matured him way beyond his chronological years. He says Kim Locke was the first person he came out to. He was 24 years old then. How he must have struggled to be 'himself' and still be the "man" those he loved so much thought he was and expected him to be.

Maybe that's why it seems that some fans seem happier with 'this' Clay---not because we like him 'better' when he's all silly and campy and whatnot or because we approve or encourage anything, but because of the fact that he's free to be silly and campy and whatnot without feeling that he has to hide while doing it. And, at least for me, because it means that he has other people to talk with, to listen to, to learn from, to confide in about things without being condemned for who he is. Things that for 24 years he couldn't share with anyone.

ETA: I'd like at this time to beg the admins to please bring back that whistling emoticon to the main panel over there to the left. I use it a lot and now can never find it! And as we all know, it's all about MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

muski... my bolding above means I totally agree with this statement! When I think of what it must have done to him to have to hide himself all these years for fear of rejection, I am just as happy as a clam (why is a clam happy???, by the way) with who he is now... free!

I wanted to tell you guys

today in the mail was my niece's Clay Spamalot poster.

Instead of being signed by just Clay the whole cast signed it :)

BUT

Clay's signature is way up at the top alone

and everyone else is way at the bottom

tribeca... I'm so happy for you and for your niece! Maybe now she won't think that bad stuff always happens to her, but that good stuff sometimes happens to her and that's a very good lesson for a 12 year old to learn!

I remember that my heart jumped up in my throat when I saw the Boobgate picture---not because I didn't believe it was real, but because I thought, "OMG...he has a girlfriend. OMG...she's not me I!"

Then I LMAO! :cryingwlaughter: because it seemed so....Clay....to me. I could SOOO imagine him doing this. And I was sooooooo pissed that it wasn't me he was doing it to. :cry4:

I am sure you will get your chance at that

maybe that will be the next thing to bid on at a fundraiser (j/k)

ETA

thanks Liney

She will be so thrilled with the poster. A nice surprise just in time. She is going to have to have surgery on her ankle soon & is pretty scared about it