#46: Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Ain't it grand? We've come a long way babee!
    • I love quirky Clay Aiken
    • Fascinating, outrageous Clay. Give me more. I want more.
    • The twisty tie confuses me EVERYtime
    • Still hotness after all these years!!
    • All that said - Orchestra, Band, Kazoo, Bongos, a capella - I'm there. Just sing for us, baby!!
    • If he's singing, I'm there, no matter what, no matter where!
    • As long as he wears his smile all is well
    • That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

That picture of heavy-lidded Clay with Hannah? Yum. He seems verra, verra pleased to be in that picture, doesn't he? :tasty: I bet he's so much fun to be around....sigh.

Try this on for size. Reed was the photographer of the Hannah photo. They had a hot threesome going. You should see the rest of the photos from that session. I would post them, but Clay still needs to text me permission.

That picture of heavy-lidded Clay with Hannah? Yum. He seems verra, verra pleased to be in that picture, doesn't he? :tasty: I bet he's so much fun to be around....sigh.

Try this on for size. Reed was the photographer of the Hannah photo. They had a hot threesome going. You should see the rest of the photos from that session. I would post them, but Clay still needs to text me permission.

hmmm this would fulfill a couple of fantasies!!

Great convo ya'll.

ncgirl

That picture of heavy-lidded Clay with Hannah? Yum. He seems verra, verra pleased to be in that picture, doesn't he? Tasty.gif I bet he's so much fun to be around....sigh.

My interpretation of that look on Clay's face...one of pure sensual pleasure at being petted by a good friend. On the other hand he could just be really tired.

liney23

I am just as happy as a clam (why is a clam happy???, by the way) with who he is now... free!

That is one of those expressions which these days is hardly ever used in its entirety...just as in "money is the root of all evil" instead of "the love of money is the root of all evil".

The expression is "as happy as a clam at high tide" because at high tide the clam is safe.

I find it interesting this discussion of some people's disappointment in Clay's behaviour. I wonder...why now? We look back in the gigabytes of Clack of concerts and interviews and performances of Clay's and certainly the sexy bawdy Clay has been there for years. For example the JBT grinding with Angela and then all that zipper banter from the 2006 JNaT in which he obviously enjoyed reminding us night after night of just where some of those binoculars were trained.

So is Clay acting sexy in a totally different category than Clay having a drink or saying Hell or shit? As far as I know he has never been recorded dropping the f bomb.

As for Spamalot so much of its humour is the kind of broad humour that appeals to boys and the boy in men and is not meant for children. That is not to say that I didn't find it funny. As I told my friends when I returned from NY "I laughed so hard I almost peed myself". Years ago I would have been more restrained in my appreciation but now I allow myself the the full pleasure of belly laughter.

ETA: Preview of Ain't Misbehaving

I don't think Clay drinks much. I don't think he cares for it. He likes to be in control. I have several friends that don't drink because they don't like the way it makes them feel and the end result. they just don't care for it. I think that's Clay.

I think Mr. Clay Aiken is making his lovey-dovey face. He makes those faces sometimes when he poses with women. He's a goober. That's what he does. I love him. Yes, I do think he might have a bit of wine with meals.

I had to laugh at that Facebook picture that was taken at the Spam. party where he was showing pictures and the other guy had a beer in his hand. I think Clay was showing pictures of Parker. I still partying isn't his thing. LOL!!!

I never thought Clay didn't have a drink whenever, I just thought he didn't do the getting drunk in bars and needing a ride home thing. It was the bar he mentioned, not the drinking.

I have a bit of trouble with people announcing that their preferences are a "high standard", as if anyone who doesn't live the way they prefer is somehow "low", but I'm trying to work on that. Perhaps a good standard would be how much good one does, not how one lives their own private life - which is really no one's business, I believe. I have always hoped that Clay had a full, rich private life, away from prying eyes.

Also don't think his facial expressions and actions and such need to be explained or somehow sanitized. I just enjoy the show. He is a human being. Me too. And then there is that Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged thingy, which seems more rare than cheery clams at low tide.

Thank y'all for the pictures! He certainly is gorgeous and joyful!

Okay, that's enuff schoopie for the week, from me.

I really don't care if Clay drinks. Why should it matter to me? I don't drink, but I don't look down on people who do. And I don't think anyone can draw any sort of conclusion from a picture.

Thanks for the preview link for Ain't Misbehavin'. That looks good! It's coming to Erie PA and Syracuse NY in April & May......anyone in the London group interested in making the trek? Oh, and BTW, can't remember who said it, but who is Clay's "entourage" this time? :cryingwlaughter: Were there no first hand reports to bring over?

Well, I tried that Amazon link, but even though you don't have to pay, it still restricts downloads to US IP addresses. That sucks.

I stupidly agreed to attend a work function this evening, not realizing it was at the same time as the men's long programs that are my favourite discipline in figure skating. Ugh! Do you think it would look bad if I just didn't show up? I could say I had car trouble....wasn't feeling well....

There are a lot of feminists in Claynation, I see. Including me. Ordered is my word, not my husbands. No one orders me to do anything. :hahaha: However, I think all of us know when our husbands have reached their limits and are serious about something. It's called putting your foot down, and that he has. I've put mine down a few times with him as well. Let's just say he strongly urged and recommended I get rid of it. He has reached his tolerance level and wants it gone. He made his feeling quite known to me. I love my husband more than Clay and I acknowledge and honor his feelings. I suspect he is feeling neglected and jealous. I suspect that he feels selling the stuff and putting the money to better use, like medical bills, is better than him having to be reminded of how much I love Clay every time he walks into the Clay Shrine to get a change of clothes. :cryingwlaughter: I have a thing about priorities and I feel having a marriage that is happy is better than keeping Clay memorabilia. My husband has not been a well man for some time, and is facing more medical problems. He is feeling neglected. Rightfully so. So, I think I will show him that I love him and get rid of the stuff if it is that important to him. I have to admit it hurts to get rid of my collection, however, my memories will always be there. Making my husband happy makes me happy. So, sometimes we make concessions when we really don't want to. Here is my post that some people are unable to access. Couchie if you don't want this posted here, please feel free to move or delete it. I wasn't sure what the board rules were on all the message boards about posting stuff for sale. That is why I posted it where I did. I didn't realize that the old Rebels Board was set to have to join to read there. If anyone wants to take this post and post it at their board feel free. It would be helping me and The BAF out.

Hi everyone.

This is sad to say, but I must get rid of my Clay memorabilia. Husband no longer wants a Clay Aiken Shrine taking over our walk-in closet. LOL He is no longer negotiable on the matter. Instead of giving stuff away or trying to sell it on EBAY, I thought I would offer it for sale to the existing online fans. This way it helps me to keep peace in my marriage, and to raise a little money for the BAF at the same time. I'll be donating 10% of what I get to The Bubel Aiken Foundation. So please keep that in mind. Some things I will have set prices for and others I will take the best offer. So please PM me with bids or questions. I will be checking in often. I realize that a couple of people have given me some pins. Please PM me with your address and I will either return the pins to you at no charge. Or if you prefer, I will donate 100% of what I get for those pins, to the BAF in honor of your board. I know Couchie from FCA gave me a couple and some of them I bought. I know Elspeth from Clayboard gave me some. So please email me with your mailing address and which ones you gave if you want them back. Everyone and every board is allowed to purchase. I will update the list below as the items sell, or if I want to add more stuff. I am not selling my autographed items. Only the picture bought from the merchandising stands that has his autograph on it. Ok. I have to run out this afternoon, so if you don't get a response right away, be patient I will get back to you. Thanks to everyone who checked out this link and thanks in advance to those who wish to purchase items.

Miscellanious stuff:

1. 1...I Love Clay Coffee Cup. Large Sold! $5.00 50Cents for BAF

2. Christmas Ornament...Christmas 2004

3. Christmas Ornament...JNT 2005 Kansas City Sold $15.00 $1.50 to BAF

4. Bobble Head Doll...Comes with the two tickets and program from the Charolette game, from where the bobble head came.

5. American Idol 2... 6 pack of coke bottles with Clay and Ruben etc.

6. Evening With Clay Aiken Poster...Number 593 out of only 3000.

7. Aladdin Special 2-Discs...Clay sings Proud Of Your Boy.

8. Disney Mania In Concert...Clay Sings Proud Of YOur Boy.

9. Disney Mania 3 CD...Clay Sings Proud Of Your Boy.

10. Arthur Celebrity Audio Book CD.

11. 1...Large poster. Independant Tour 2004

12. 1...Large Poster of On My Way Here. "Gaah."

13. 1...2005 16 Month Calendar of Clay. Still in shrink wrap. Sold $10.00 $1.00 For BAF

14. Learning To Sing book.

15. Audio cd of Clay reading his book. Still in shrink wrap.

16. One 8x11? merchandise photo of Clay with his processed autograph on it.

Spamalot Stuff.

!. 1...Blue Spamalot T-Shirt. Large...Never worn. Blue Blackground with Sir Robin. Sold $15.00 $1.50 for BAF

2. Sir Robin Magnet. Sold $3.00 30Cents to BAF

3. Sir Robin Pin (Button)...Large.

4. 2...Playbills. No Clay autograph, but one has Rick Holmes autograph.

5. 1... Playbill with the ad for "On My Way Here."

6. 1... Playbill from the National tour of Spamalot. Venue-Walton Arts Center-Fayetteville, Arkansas. Where the Lady Of The Lake is played by Fayetteville's own Esther Stillwell.

7. 1...Playbill for "In The Heights."

8. 1...Spamalot Brochure Program with large poster.

T-Shirts

1. 2006 Official Fan Club. Size Medium. Never worn, still in bag with invoice.

2. 2005 or 2007 Official Fan Club Shirt. Size Medium. Never worn. Has Clay letter with it.

3. 2003 Solitaire shirt done by Laurie McAdams. Size Large. Worn and laundered once. Sold $6.00 60Cents to BAF

4. Red ClaytonAiken.Com Clay shirt. Size Large. Used.

5. Red Clay Aiken Independant Tour 2004. Size XL. Used.

6. Black Invisible Tour 2004. Size Large.

7. Black, An Evening with Clay Aiken 2007. Size Large. Used.

CD's All CD's still in original shrink wrap never played.

1. 1...Bridge Over Troubled Water/This is the Night. Sold $5.00 50Cents to BAF

2. 2...MOAM One with Solitaire and the other with This Is The Night.

3. 2...The Way/Solitaire.

4. 2...ATDW.

5. 1...All Is Well Sold $5.50 asking price received $10.00 3.91 goes to BAF Thank you for that. (((hugs)))

6. 1...On My Way Here.

7. 1...MOAM Special 2 cd edition from Singapore. Includes the songs Solitaire/Bridge Over Troubled Water and the music videos Invisible/The Way. Includes free poster. Never opened still in wrap. Sold $25.00 $2.50 for BAFPins

1. 2...Rebels For Clay Aiken

2. 1...Sir Robin/FCA

3. 1...The ClayDawgs. Bull dog pin.

4. 1...The ClayDawgs Christmas Dalmation Dog pin.

5. 1...Claytrain Connections "Clay Thud" on stage.

6. 1...Thud E.M.S

7. 1... Clayboard 2003 "Hands On Mic."

8. 1...FCA Silver Christmas.

9. 1...FCA Gold Christmas.

10. 1...FCA 2007 "Doing Clay In The Heartland."

11. 1 FCA 2006

12. 1...Clayboard Red background Black CB.

13. 1...JBT 2005 Lights don't blink anymore.

14. 1... Heartful House round blue with double HH. (Taken)

15. 1...Charolette Area Clayfans.

16. 1...Clay's Corner Cafe.

17. 1...Great Balls Of Fire.

18. 1...Clay with pin jacket.

19. 1...Back for more RCA Victrola with Raleigh.

20. 1...FCA 2007 DCAT. (Doing Clay Aiken) Will include the T-shirt with this. It has a small spot on it.

21. 1...FCA Good News 2005.

22. 1...All Things Clay Aiken.

23. 1...Clayboard round blue with dove.

24. 1...Bolt Babes For Clay Aiken.

25. 1...FCA Black and white pin.

26. 1...Back For More JBT Jacket.

21. 1...UNICEF pin blue.

Magazines. Mint with plastic magazine covers.

1. Entertainment Weekly. September 2003. Clay is cover.

2. Elle October 2003. Sexy clay with bow tie open and reclined on couch.

3. Ability 2003. Clay is cover. Sold $5.00 50Cents to BAF

4. Time October 2003. "Building A Better Pop Star." Sold $5.00 50Cents to BAF

5. People October 2003. Siegfried and Roy issue. Sold $5.00 50Cents to BAF

6. Hits October 2003. Large Clay Cover.

7. People December 2003. Sexiest Man Alive issue. Sold $5.00 50Cents to BAF

8. Pop Star December 2003. Small picture of Clay on cover. Sold $5.00 50Cents to BAF

9. LIME December 2003 Overseas magazine. Has a small picture of Clay on cover. Sold $5.00 50Cents to BAF

10. Vanity Fair 2003. Has Clay holding the devil sign over Simon Cowell's head and he has a dog on a leash with him. Sold $5.00 50Cents to BAF

11. Teen People December 2003. Has Double cover. Clay on Front and 50 Cent on back Cover. Sold $5.00 50Cents to BAF

12. Hits February 2004. Sold $5.00 50Cents to BAF

13. LIME February 2004. Has small picture of Clay on cover. Sold $5.00 50Cents to BAF

14. Pop Star February 2004. Ultimate Valentine issue with Clay. Sold $5.00 50Cents to BAF

15. Wow March 2004. Sold $5.00 50Cents to BAF

16. Bop March 2004. Sold $5.00 50Cents to BAF

17. Official Farewell Commemorative. Collegiate Standard.

18. Wow May 2004. Has small picture of Clay on cover. Sold $5.00 50Cents to BAF

19. People Extra December 2004. Clay at home aarticle.

20. Guideposts For Teens January 2004. Clay on cover. Sold $5.00 50Cents to BAF

21. Cosmo Girl January 2004. Has interview with Clay. Sold $5.00 50Cents to BAF

22. In Tune Volume 1 issue 3. Clay is the cover. Sold $5.00 50Cents to BAF

23. People October 2006. Clay Opens Up.

24. People 2008. Yes I'm Gay issue.

25. Collegiate Standard Summer 2003. "The Idol from UNCC.". Sold $5.00 50Cents to BAF

26. Collegiate Standard Winter 2004. "Is Clay Happy Being Famous?" Sold $5.00 50Cents to BAF

27. Billboard February 2004. Sold $5.00 50Cents to BAF

TV Guides!

1. April-Sunami relief diary. Still in plastic bag.

2. July-Clay Opens Up.

3. July-Clay Opens Up, with different cover.

4. November-How Singing Saved His Life.

5. Novemember-Clay Is #1.

Key Chains/Buttons

1. Clay Aiken-JN05 Keychain Sold $1.00 10Cents for BAF

2. Clay Aiken Tour 2004-Keychain Sold $1.00 10Cents for BAF

1. 4...Small. One with Clay's logo on it and two with pictures of Clay. One slightly bigger with Clay picture on it. Sold $3.00 30Cents for BAF

Tour Programs:

1. AI2

2. Independant Tour 2004

3. Solo Tour 2004

4. JBT 2005

5. JNT 2004

6. JNT 2005

Also found more magagines:

1. Reality Check-Clay on the cover poster inside. Also has Survivor's Rupert on it.

2. US Weekly June 9, 2003 Clay & Ruben on cover. Did The Right Man Win.

3. J-14 December 2003-Small picture of Clay on cover-"Clay Is Invisible No More."

4. In Touch June 23rd 2003. Small picture of Clay & Ruben on cover. Ruben's family, "Clay's A Sissy, The War's Not Over."

5. J-14 January 2004. Small picture of Clay on cover. "I'm No Sex Symbol. I'm A Geek."

6. Us Weekly September 15th 2003. 2 Page article, "On The Road With Ruben & Clay."

7. Star June 16th 2008. Small picture of Clay on the cover. "Clay Aiken's Secret Baby Deal."

Thanks for the preview link for Ain't Misbehavin'. That looks good! It's coming to Erie PA and Syracuse NY in April & May......anyone in the London group interested in making the trek? Oh, and BTW, can't remember who said it, but who is Clay's "entourage" this time? :cryingwlaughter: Were there no first hand reports to bring over?

My Hubby and SIL went to see this while I was in New York for Clay's last hurrah. They really liked it.

I have a bit of trouble with people announcing that their preferences are a "high standard", as if anyone who doesn't live the way they prefer is somehow "low", but I'm trying to work on that. Perhaps a good standard would be how much good one does, not how one lives their own private life - which is really no one's business, I believe. I have always hoped that Clay had a full, rich private life, away from prying eyes.

Also don't think his facial expressions and actions and such need to be explained or somehow sanitized. I just enjoy the show. He is a human being. Me too.

Yep. Moreover, I would hope that the idea of understanding, fairness and just being heard would apply to all.

Including Clay.

---

Heh. I've been sooooo lazy. This always happens on my 3 day weekends. Pffft... I got 3 WHOLE DAYS! Why get off my butt now? Before you know it, it will be Monday afternoon and I'll be doing my chicken-without-my-head on impression to get even the most basic weekend projects accomplished. Case in point...I just checked my work email rather than go do a load of laundry. But in my defense, there is an interesting series of emails about what to rename our branch when we rebrand in the new year. Downtown or Main?

Anyone? Bueller?

Oy. :blush:

I don't think Clay drinks much. I don't think he cares for it. He likes to be in control. I have several friends that don't drink because they don't like the way it makes them feel and the end result. they just don't care for it. I think that's Clay.

I think Mr. Clay Aiken is making his lovey-dovey face. He makes those faces sometimes when he poses with women. He's a goober. That's what he does. I love him. Yes, I do think he might have a bit of wine with meals.

I had to laugh at that Facebook picture that was taken at the Spam. party where he was showing pictures and the other guy had a beer in his hand. I think Clay was showing pictures of Parker. I still partying isn't his thing. LOL!!!

Yup, that's me, so I can SO relate! I'm usually driving, so to start with I can't drink. And other than the odd glass of light, sweet wine, I don't like the taste of liquor...so I don't see the point of trying to "fit in" :shrug: and do something that's really expensive, that I don't care for. I like to think that Clay feels much the same way. Indulge me. :) BTW, he's "cheap" too so I can see that being a consideration. :hahaha:

Others drinking? Couldn't care less....and will drive them home if necessary.

I really don't care if Clay drinks. Why should it matter to me? I don't drink, but I don't look down on people who do. And I don't think anyone can draw any sort of conclusion from a picture.

Well, I tried that Amazon link, but even though you don't have to pay, it still restricts downloads to US IP addresses. That sucks.

I stupidly agreed to attend a work function this evening, not realizing it was at the same time as the men's long programs that are my favourite discipline in figure skating. Ugh! Do you think it would look bad if I just didn't show up? I could say I had car trouble....wasn't feeling well....

:pickme: :pickme: :friends:

My Hubby and SIL went to see this while I was in New York for Clay's last hurrah. They really liked it.

Well, then, I think you better see it too! So you can discuss it with them and what-not. :) :clay:

For the Neil Sedaka fans, here's an update on his doin's...with a very brief mention of Clay:

Ventura County Star Neil Sedaka interview

I found it interesting that they mention his "new" children's album; it's a new article, but the album has been out for quite some time now. When we saw him here in Ontario in September (?) 2008 it had been out for quite some time, he mentioned it at the concert.

This will be the last post... I promise <g>

I never intended for it to go on for so long but there were people that didn't understand and I was trying to explain. I said that is it hard to find WORDS that will explain FEELINGS and to find examples for the changes I FELT in Clay. I said that each thing I would mention was very small taken alone.

I knew I was taking a chance when I originally posted and had been very pleased that everyone was so understanding. Unfortunately, as some wanted better explanations and I attempted to give one, the tide turned somewhat, from understanding, to my being judgemental and thinking that my standards are above other peoples. I undoubtedly didn't choose the best words. I believe that I said repeatedly that I made the mistake of seeing only what I guess I wanted to see. I didn't think of it that way at the time, but looking back now that seems to be the case.

I won't try to put FEELINGS into WORDS again because I don't think it is possible and there just ends up being misunderstands

I like Downtown better - more specific.

Maybe that's why it seems that some fans seem happier with 'this' Clay---not because we like him 'better' when he's all silly and campy and whatnot or because we approve or encourage anything, but because of the fact that he's free to be silly and campy and whatnot without feeling that he has to hide while doing it. And, at least for me, because it means that he has other people to talk with, to listen to, to learn from, to confide in about things without being condemned for who he is. Things that for 24 years he couldn't share with anyone.

muski... my bolding above means I totally agree with this statement! When I think of what it must have done to him to have to hide himself all these years for fear of rejection, I am just as happy as a clam (why is a clam happy???, by the way) with who he is now... free!

I can agree with muski's statement because she modified it with "some" - which as liney23 has shown is true - but I don't think jaycee implied in any way that the happier fans were wrong in any way, no matter why they are "happier" - my thing is, the old closeted Clay didn't seem to be totally miserable either. I'm sure he had some miserable times, but those first few years we knew him? He seemed to be free to be silly and campy and whatnot simply because those things seem to be innately Clay. And I guarantee you there are things that for 30 years he's not sharing either. (Of course, I'm totally projecting here because there are many, many things I'm planning on taking to my grave.) Some fans simply do "like" him better - some "like" the old him better - and those aren't bad things either. To me, it's sort of like when people have children - their friend profile changes. Some of the childless friends simply don't have as much in common any more, some semi-adopt the friend's children, new friends show up because they have children too. All relationships are a evolving thing...

jamar, I'm lazier than you - I haven't even managed to get dressed yet. Good thing I live alone!

This will be the last post... I promise <g>

I never intended for it to go on for so long but there were people that didn't understand and I was trying to explain. I said that is it hard to find WORDS that will explain FEELINGS and to find examples for the changes I FELT in Clay. I said that each thing I would mention was very small taken alone.

I knew I was taking a chance when I originally posted and had been very pleased that everyone was so understanding. Unfortunately, as some wanted better explanations and I attempted to give one, the tide turned somewhat, from understanding, to my being judgemental and thinking that my standards are above other peoples. I undoubtedly didn't choose the best words. I believe that I said repeatedly that I made the mistake of seeing only what I guess I wanted to see. I didn't think of it that way at the time, but looking back now that seems to be the case.

I won't try to put FEELINGS into WORDS again because I don't think it is possible and there just ends up being misunderstands

Jaycee, I think it took guts to put yourself out there like you did, and it has made for a good conversation. If it made you feel worse in the end, I'm sorry. I don't think there's a message board on the planet where you're not going to get some criticism for the feelings you've expressed. Some of it will be unfair and undeserved. Some of it might make you see things in a new light. I hope you don't take away from this that you shouldn't try to express youself at AT ALL, but, rather, learn to give it your best shot and then let it go. You don't have to and won't be able to make everyone understand. You don't have to take every response personally or respond to everything that's said. It felt good to talk about it at first--you said so--so take what you need from the responses and forget about the rest.

Heh. I've been sooooo lazy. This always happens on my 3 day weekends. Pffft... I got 3 WHOLE DAYS! Why get off my butt now? Before you know it, it will be Monday afternoon and I'll be doing my chicken-without-my-head on impression to get even the most basic weekend projects accomplished. Case in point...I just checked my work email rather than go do a load of laundry. But in my defense, there is an interesting series of emails about what to rename our branch when we rebrand in the new year. Downtown or Main?

Anyone? Bueller?

Oy. :blush:

It doesn't take long when you're unemployed for days of the week to become completely meaningless. Sundays mean nothings. TGIF? Nothing. It's strange though. And now I put things off indefinitely heee.

Jaycee I thnk you've done a great job of explaining yourself. You admitted that you know that you kinda created the image of the Clay you have. We've all done that. But the key to me is that you dismissed things that didn't fit that image which you also acknowledged. Personally I feel it's a good thing that you are finally seeing all of Clay. I also have my idea of Clay -- really don't know how close it is the truth. I think the fact that he can still surprise me means I don't know everything about the man. To me that's a good thing.

I often look at myself - like KAndre I will also take things to the grave. Not many people know the private me - the whole private me. Even people I love don't know everything else about me. I keep that in mind when I get to thinking I know Clay Aiken because I've seen about .0005 of his life over the past 6 years.

You are doing very well with the words and feelings thing!

For me, I am not seeing "changes" in Clay, because I never really knew Clay, just bits and pieces cobbled together. I never thought he was pure and innocent like some sort of angel, I thought he was an intelligent snarky bawdy really good guy who has a fabulous voice and presence. To me, each facet that gets revealed is not a change in Clay, it is a change in what I know about Clay.

I guess he can't help if people think Oh he is not what I thought he is, because everybody built their own Clay. He has said he was no angel, the halo would be crooked, and I never thought he was kidding about that. He has already done more good than I can ever hope to - that's all I need to know, really. Mostly I just want to hear (and if lucky, watch) him sing.

This is not a repudiation of anyone else's feelings, it is an explanation why I just can't agree with those who are somehow disappointed. And how fans take his actions and appearances and run in all different directions with them has nothing to do with Clay.

IMO, etcetera etcetera, and so forth!

Thanks Kandre....I happen to like Downtown for the same reason. Not only that but the other branches bristle a bit when we are singled out as the MAIN library.

And what makes you think I'm dressed? :cryingwlaughter:

---

To me, each facet that gets revealed is not a change in Clay, it is a change in what I know about Clay.

djs :yeahthat:

Clayzorback, sorry to hear your husband is not well. I do not label myself a feminist, but I do have hot buttons. Marital bullying is one of them. Glad to hear you chose the word "ordered'. Take care.

Putting my Christmas stuff away today, if that makes any other procrastinators feel any better. heh

As for the earlier discussion about education and intelligence and all that, I thought this picture said it all:

3.jpg

From DF/CV

Media report of Clay attending Ain't Misbehaving. Alas no report on who he was with.

Greensboro, NC -- Clay Aiken arrived in Greensboro Saturday night to enjoy American Idol Winner Ruben Studdard's performance in Ain't Misbehavin' Saturday night at the coliseum.

Aiken and Studdard hung out back stage after the performance was over.

A public relations manager for the Greensboro Coliseum says Aiken's visit was not a surprise.

Aiken and Studdard were the last remaining finalists

From ebeth/CV

My sister's report from "Ain't Misbehaving" last night in Greensboro. Just keep in mind this is what she THINKS happened.

Clay came in with 1 girl, two guys, and a huge man who "must be his bodyguard". The girl had short dark hair but was not 40 or 50 years old. Both of the guys were shorter than Clay ( so I guess, no Reed). They all sat together.

When they came in and were looking for their row, there was lots of whispering and buzz, so he was definitely recognized.

She saw one lady come and get his autograph during intermission. But he was sitting behind my sister so she may not have seen anybody else come.

He was wearing jeans (she thinks), probably a T shirt and a zip up jacket. He was not dressed up but looked neat and casual.

His hair was not styled in spikes, it was "just kind of out there." Whatever that means. Oh wait, maybe we do know what that means!

That's all she had.

It is reported on CV that Clay arrived at Ain't Misbehaving with 1 girl, two guys, and a huge man who "must be his bodyguard". The girl had short dark hair but was not 40 or 50 years old. Both of the guys were shorter than Clay ( so I guess, no Reed). They all sat together.

When they came in and were looking for their row, there was lots of whispering and buzz, so he was definitely recognized.

He was wearing jeans , probably a T shirt and a zip up jacket. He was not dressed up but looked neat and casual.

His hair was not styled in spikes, it was "just kind of out there."

From ebeth/CV

My sister's report from "Ain't Misbehaving" last night in Greensboro. Just keep in mind this is what she THINKS happened.

Clay came in with 1 girl, two guys, and a huge man who "must be his bodyguard". The girl had short dark hair but was not 40 or 50 years old. Both of the guys were shorter than Clay ( so I guess, no Reed). They all sat together.

She saw one lady come and get his autograph during intermission. But he was sitting behind my sister so she may not have seen anybody else come.

He was wearing jeans (she thinks), probably a T shirt and a zip up jacket. He was not dressed up but looked neat and casual.

His hair was not styled in spikes, it was "just kind of out there." Whatever that means. Oh wait, maybe we do know what that means!

That's all she had.

The description of two of the people would fit Nick and his GF, whose name is comPLETEly escaping me! Gah!! .....and about 234,000 other people of course... :lol: Sounds like he had fun, and I'm so glad!